Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would Spike X Sweetie Belle be a better Shipping than Sparity?

True Rarity

Mastery over hype and oblivion was chief among my early pursuits. I began in humility, but my ambition was limitless. Who could have divined the prophetic import of something as unremarkable as a post on a page of a dead thread?

We will build a great, great Spikebelle ship.

TRUMPAPPROVES.png.7efc8bdd920530afd1bd918d2a046afe.png

And have H-Bro endorse it.

Edited by Goat-kun

• 2 months later...

It's unfortunate that this ship has the subtext of Spike "settling" after Rarity rebuffs him because I really do think he and Sweetie Belle would make a pretty good pair just based on their personalities. More realistically, though, I see him ending up with either Scootaloo or Rainbow Dash once he inevitably bonds more with them after his wings grow out. 

Edited by n1029

I think it would make more sense to pair Spike with another dragon, but that's just me thinking all biological again.

I'll just say intimate relationships shouldn't be based on your ability to reproduce. We have ways for infertile couples to still have kids in our world if they want them, and I'm sure an open-minded society like Equestria does too.

• 4 weeks later...

It would make more sense age-wise, and I think it is much better. Spike with Rarity would never really work die to the ages, but he is around Sweetie Belle's age. Unfortunately due to how he has be written, it seems unlikely that will happen.

I don't think Sweetie and Spike would work either. despite being (physically and mentally) closer in age, Sweetie being a pony will inevitable outgrow him. I see Spike being pre-pubescent, AT MOST, when Sweetie becomes adult 

• Brohoof 1

If you're shipping Spike with anypony you're obviously disregarding long-term biological issues. Just taking things at face value based on the personality of the characters, Spike does seem to be a much better match to Sweetie Belle than Rarity.