Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Banned users unable to defend themselves

RrVPfX9cPtw59FpC

To many people on Skype, and some from the forums, I am known for talking to members who had been banned in the past, mainly because I think everyone deserves to get their voice out. Sometimes I think they deserve the ban, but sometimes there is a piece of information that no one but the moderators knows about, if even them. I'm not trying to get anyone unbanned, but I've heard from quite a few banned members that they are bothered by the fact that people are talking about them on the forums. This is almost never in a positive way. A good example of this is here. I'm very much against restraint of free speech, but that might be better than allowing people to publicly humiliate others without a means of defense. Another possible solution would be allowing a banned member to comment on something that relates to them, but I find that extremely unlikely to happen. Again, whether or not a banned member deserved it is unimportant; The fact that they can't give all the details simply bothers me. Thank you for reading, and I hope to see your input on the subject. Thanks :)

• Brohoof 1

Hard questions, i just can say that rule of what behaviors is acceptable our not, is rule need to be there so some people don't get grift. Our hurt in any other way. And that sad truth not all people are that friendly, some are just plain rotten inside, and know few of them in my days.

Hello,

As you've may or may not been aware, all members, banned or not, are entitled to creating support tickets filed under moderation dispute.  It is there, such members are able to present their whole case and side of the story to the Administration team.  If they feel they've been mistreated, they can argue their case there.

As for the mention of discussing banned members on-site.  I don't feel that the simple mention and reference of their name is an unacceptable act.  However, if one does come across an abusive public post aimed towards a member, whether they be banned or not, the most prudent course of action would be to report the post in question so our Moderation team can have a look at it.

Thanks for bringing these concerns to light!

• Brohoof 10