Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else hate talking about themselves?

Octavia Heartstrings

I’m okay talking about myself but I’m never the first one to bring “me“ up in conversation. It takes people having to pull my teeth before learning anything about me. :adorkable: In real life I’m a very ”keep to myself” sort of person. 

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I don't hate talking about myself. I could do it all day. I generally don't bother though and I find it somewhat pointless. Most people have no idea I've lived in countries all over the world.

Edited by Methuselah

• 2 months later...

Yeah. But my reason is I don't like talking in general. Unless I have to explain something, the only things I say are "hi, thanks, bye". And that's totally enough, no one expects more anyway. :)

Writing is different, though. I can take my time, think about the topics that are interesting to me and reply with honest feelings.

I have a habit of talking to myself during heavy work. Sometimes I with I could just be silent, but I cannot afford to bite off my tongue, so I have to remind myself what I am doing.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Yeah cause I usually feel stupid or narcissistic about it

But you have such a good voice, it doesn't matter! :coco:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm very uncomfortable talking myself. Obviously you have to do it sometime, but I never enjoy it and I always be very cautious what I tell people about myself. Well .. except my passion of tea of course :>

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy talking about myself to an extent. Like lecturing people about my interests. If you ever go to an aviation museum with me? I will happily tell you about every single aircraft they have in as much detail as you could ever want. You wanna know something about Jerma or Evangelion? Congrats you have your own personal Jerma and Evangelion lore master right here.

• Delighted Giggle 1

On 2023-10-12 at 3:56 PM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I enjoy talking about myself to an extent. Like lecturing people about my interests. If you ever go to an aviation museum with me? I will happily tell you about every single aircraft they have in as much detail as you could ever want. You wanna know something about Jerma or Evangelion? Congrats you have your own personal Jerma and Evangelion lore master right here.

I'm the same, but with D&D. Want to learn how to play from scratch, hope you have the rest of your day open because I'm teaching D&D on the spot. I don't mind talking about myself, it's how people can know me better, and that's always nice. I also love hearing about other people and their day, however mundane it seems to them. I just like talking with people. :mlp_yeehaa:

On 2023-10-12 at 1:21 PM, Clawdeen said:

Honestly same.

Naaaaaaaah, that can't be true. You're so reserved and shy......:mlp_please:

On 2023-10-12 at 3:56 PM, Iforgotmybrain said:

Congrats you have your own personal Jerma and Evangelion lore master right here.

Good thing I know, like, 15% of the Evangelion lore. That stuff went waaaaay over my head when I watched it hahaha :blink:

Edited by Hadrien
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Absolutely. I hate talking about myself because I try not seem like an ego-maniac, so my conversations are usually more focused on other things or people. I also have low self-esteem as a result of this :blush:

• Brohoof 1