Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else hate going into old buildings at night?

Oblivion

anyone else hate going into old building at night?   

26 users have voted

1. 1. anyone else hate going into old buildings at night?

• YES! Get me out of here!!!!!
    • No, I fear nothing!

I mean, I work in an old building that usually gets quite eerie at night, so I'm fairly used to things that might otherwise spook the average joe. :ButtercupLaugh:

The creepiest place I've been in at night was an old abandoned section of a hotel that we were scouting as theatre space during my time in college. The basement kitchens in particular were like something straight from a horror movie. I thought it was pretty neat. :derp:

20190207_123946.jpg

• Brohoof 1

For whatever reason my last office building, a two story office park joint from the 70s or 80s, was terrifying at night. A couple times I was there working until 11pm, alone, long after the cleaning crew had gone home. In another part of my office came the sound of someone sitting and then getting up from an office chair and things moving around.

As I left the building, I saw the only other person was on the upper floor. A few people reported similar things happen to them. 

13 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I haven’t, but it sounds creepy yet fascinating. I would maybe, if I had a buddy to go with. :D

@Cyclone1066 your gf needs her hanny held get to it! (Also me as well pls) :Thorax::ButtercupLaugh:

On 2/13/2020 at 9:59 AM, Dark Horse said:

I mean, I work in an old building that usually gets quite eerie at night, so I'm fairly used to things that might otherwise spook the average joe. :ButtercupLaugh:

The creepiest place I've been in at night was an old abandoned section of a hotel that we were scouting as theatre space during my time in college. The basement kitchens in particular were like something straight from a horror movie. I thought it was pretty neat. :derp:

20190207_123946.jpg

A bit off topic but what do you do for a living exactly?

• Brohoof 1

I will not say that I hate it. But I have big respect about it. I don't believe into ghosts or something like that, but I have respect because it is really dangerous in old buildings at night. On the one side, when it is a lost place, there are a lot of things who can hurt you (like that the ground is unstable or that there are sharp edges for example). The other thing are other humans and maybe some animals. But because of the reason that we don't have that much dangerous animals here in germany, last thing is not the biggest problem. But other humans is for me personal the second biggest risk in old buildings after the building itself.

To be honest I'd probably be scared, but at the same time deeply intrigued. I watch a lot of ghost hunting shows and always wanted to go snooping around in some of those old places. But I wouldn't do it unless I had someone to go with me; someone who doesn't mind high-pitched screaming, fingernails dug into their arm, or constant whining to leave immediately and go home as fast as our wheels could take us. Whether a place is reputed to be haunted or not, I'd still enjoy the thrill of exploration.,,within reason. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...

I hate going into old buildings even when the sun is up! Too creepy for me :kindness:

They were still renovating some older parts of the high school i went to when I was still attending and one hallway towards the theater always had the lights cut out! I swear, the peeling paint, creaky wooden doors, and exposed piping on the ceiling with the lights turned off until you got near the theater's stage could fit in a horror scene! :wacko:

Same thing I said three years ago. Give me a torch or flashlight and I could probably do it. Spooky yes, but I'd find it interesting. If I don't have a light source, forget about it.  :proud:

If there's animatronics then hell no! :blink: I'd rather not be stuck in there! 

Little scenario I made up:

Random Voice: Welcome to the show! I'm Chuck E Cheese! 

Saturn (Me): AHHHHHHHH! (starts running all randomly like a Scooby Doo cartoon) 

*Crash into the wall*

Saturn (me): Owww... 

I can walk around outdoors at night with no problem but creepy old buildings at night? NOPE!

At least outside, I can still see with starlight but indoor darkness is pitch black.

• 3 months later...

This sounds like fun.

I had thought of (but never seriously considered) going into the hospital I was born at across from where I work before it was fully torn down. It was fenced away and working at the new site, I also risked losing my job. Plus danger…. But mostly the other risks.

"No! I FEAR NOTHING." Says the one who went to Germany in an old building for a LIVE HORROR STORY while the light were flickering and we were all screaming in suspense of that random masked man appearing out of nowhere from time to time...

Yes. We fear nothing!!! Totally. :twismile: