Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else hate going into old buildings at night?

Oblivion

anyone else hate going into old building at night?   

26 users have voted

1. 1. anyone else hate going into old buildings at night?

• YES! Get me out of here!!!!!
    • No, I fear nothing!

I'm an overnight security guard and in order for me to finish my patrol I have to go into this one old building that was built in 1895 and it's SPOOKY going in there with all the lights off at 3 AM in the morning! Its incredible the weird and creepy sounds old building make when no ones around! 

• Brohoof 4

Never really had the opportunity myself, closest would be walking around my High School Campus at night, and while it's over a hundred years old, that's a place I'm very familiar with and has decent lighting so not the same.

I think I'd be a little creeped by an abandoned building, something like the dark interior of an apartment complex that's obviously been somewhat trashed but I also like to explore. If I come across an abandoned house, I just go into fallout mode.

• Brohoof 2

I do not believe in mystical powers, ghosts etc. I have no fear of entering such buildings and meeting the "unknown".

What I do fear is entering such buildings and meeting what actually is known. Homeless unstable people, wild animals, wonky infrastructure... still, have done it, will do it.

The feeling is amazing. The creeping paranoia is an adrenaline boost.

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Passion said:

I do not believe in mystical powers, ghosts etc. I have no fear of entering such buildings and meeting the "unknown".

What I do fear is entering such buildings and meeting what actually is known. Homeless unstable people, wild animals, wonky infrastructure... still, have done it, will do it.

Im curious, how to you explain all those ghost sightings and stuff? I mean they cant all be fake! 

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Blivy said:

Im curious, how to you explain all those ghost sightings and stuff? I mean they cant all be fake! 

People fear the unknown. What is inexplicable with science (yet) is always assigned to magic or supernatural powers.

When in distress and your mind is unable to logically explain events, you will start creating substitute stories so that what you see makes any sense altogether. Delusions, illusions, you will sometimes convince yourself that what you've seen was true even when it wasn't.

After all, hundreds of years ago there were people who believed that sicknesses which are easily cured today were actually daemon's and dark power's doing.

5 minutes ago, Passion said:

People fear the unknown. What is inexplicable with science (yet) is always assigned to magic or supernatural powers.

When in distress and your mind is unable to logically explain events, you will start creating substitute stories so that what you see makes any sense altogether. Delusions, illusions, you will sometimes convince yourself that what you've seen was true even when it wasn't.

After all, hundreds of years ago there were people who believed that sicknesses which are easily cured today were actually daemon's and dark power's doing.

Well then again im not a strong "paranormal defender" or anything like that, but to me it just seems like there are too many actual accounts of either sightings or just weird stuff in general for all of them to be a hoax, granted there is also no scientific evidence that ghosts and paranormal do not exist! You want scientific then lets go there! For instance what if when someone dies there bodies and minds energy still somehow exists in the form of electromagnetic pulses (or some other more advanced scientific term) which could actually explain why often times only cameras can pick up the energy signature of such events (even though I believe a lot of the cam sightings are fake or hoaxed). Of course paranormal is probably not what we once thought aka impossible to explain by science but it could always be some advanced science we do not yet understand. For instance a lot of explanations are as I said either the bodies energy remaining after death, or perhaps a lot of it could be due to mold or unusual carbon monoxide in that particular location to even some weird dimensional rifts in very specific locations that is not yet understood. 

• Brohoof 3

I do not want to derail this thread, but I just want to point out one important flaw in your approach.

Science does not operate on the formula of assuming things can exist because there are no proofs it cannot. Science operates on very strict formula of "it exists because there is a proof it does", otherwise it's nothing more than theories awaiting scientific confirmation. If you make a claim something exists, you need strong evidence confirming it.

To get back on track tho! Abandoned WWII bunkers. If you've never been to one, it's a really worthwile trip. Tho not necessarily... safe. To say the least.

• Brohoof 2

53 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I feel at home in old abandoned places. Especially late at night. :kirin:

Same here. Since nothing is dangerous or illegal in Sweden :crackle::unsure:

• Brohoof 3

Well no... but working the night shift at the hospital is something close enough...There some areas/rooms mainly the basement or the morgue that does give off that strange eerie vibe. Let alone, most of my coworkers would always shares "ghost story". One of the story is one man died in the restroom and ever since then, there would be a random water running and flooding the floor, and no one knows where the water comes from. Since there's no broken sink or toilet. I have not yet witness it but that would be interesting to see it. Overall though, I don't pay too much attention to any of it.  

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Blivy said:

Oh here we go.

I work at a power plant. The closest thing is we drive 2 minutes to the river. There is a light so it's not bad. And it's neat to see a barge at night.

• Brohoof 1

If you give me a flashlight or something, I could probably handle it. If I can't actually see anything, there would be pretty much no point in trying to go in.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, TBD said:

Well no... but working the night shift at the hospital is something close enough...There some areas/rooms mainly the basement or the morgue that does give off that strange eerie vibe. Let alone, most of my coworkers would always shares "ghost story". One of the story is one man died in the restroom and ever since then, there would be a random water running and flooding the floor, and no one knows where the water comes from. Since there's no broken sink or toilet. I have not yet witness it but that would be interesting to see it. Overall though, I don't pay too much attention to any of it.  

Also humans tend to be trolls as well so I mean, somene could just take a glass fill it with water and dump it on the floor and the next persons that sees it over exaggerates and is like "OMG GHOSTTT" LOL 

• Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, Blivy said:

Also humans tend to be trolls as well so I mean, somene could just take a glass fill it with water and dump it on the floor and the next persons that sees it over exaggerates and is like "OMG GHOSTTT" LOL 

That’s what I was thinking too. That someone might have made a spill but didn’t bother to clean up. Till they told me it happen more than once. I was like sure.. till I see it I’ll believe it. So far nothing happen and I still use that restroom.

Speaking of restrooms, the basement restroom looks like it comes straight out from a horror movie. Kinda like this

471BBE84-DDEB-4D74-83C0-BD5B41A2A715.jpeg.af56a2f87ed5c8c40a6bbc6349e521d1.jpeg

I was surprised it’s still function. I don’t go there that often only once for tour around when I first start. But it does give out that kind of vibe. Moreover, our hospital‘s basement used to hold a prison for prisoners to get their medical attention. Yeah lots of history going on with that hospital.

23 hours ago, Passion said:

I've been in some of these places...it is a TOTAL RUSH!

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Mirage said:

I've been in some of these places...it is a TOTAL RUSH!

I'd like to know if I could get some tools out of some of those places! 

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Blivy said:

I'd like to know if I could get some tools out of some of those places! 

I found some gas masks before.  :D

They are terrifying places though, and so dangerous. Don't know how I survived, truly.

• Brohoof 1

Spooky? Nah it’d be intriguing. There was an old shack by the track at my former elementary school that always interested me (covered by a short barbed fence and lots of hay and brushes. Was eventually torn down :c

• Brohoof 1