Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anybody else hate coffee and alcohol?

Fluttershutter

Alcohol is stuff that's been left to rot and coffee is just bitter. :eww:

People force themselves to like this stuff for social reasons but I'm pretty antisocial so I only drink what I like. Mostly water but I love soda, sometimes juice.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

I find both of them too strong, and a bit too addictive for me. I'd rather not drink either. The closest thing I'll drink to coffee would be black tea (with several spoonfuls of sugar) and the closest thing I'd drink to liquor would be soda (though it's nothing like it at all). :yeahno: I also don't smoke or use drugs aside from antihistamines.

Edited by Dusklicious
  • Brohoof 1

I don't mind both. I don't have either of them often. It depends on the occasion. I prefer sweeter coffees and alcoholic drinks.

Give me a cup of tea though, and I will be a happy Ody. Make that 3 cups of teas. Or even 48 cups. Tea is the essence of life <3

• Brohoof 1

I hate alcohol. I've got two alcoholics for parents who have both spent like 70-80% of my life drunk or at the very least tipsy and it's essentially put me off of alcohol forever. I find it really hard to understand the appeal of it, as it often tastes bad and also alters your mental state and makes you act ridiculous too, often in ways that are really uncomfortable or even a little bit scary. I don't want to judge anyone, but I just don't get it, or why it's so widespread.

I like coffee personally though, and it's certainly not for social reasons as I enjoy my coffee best all alone in the mornings. It helps me wake up and is also kind of "Soothing" in a weird way, and I've always liked the taste from the moment I first tried it. Flavored coffee's can be pretty nice too.

• Brohoof 2

I like coffee, but I usually can't drink anymore than a cup. Anymore than that, my stomach will let me know about it. :mellow:

Alcohol: I only drink beer and such on special occasions or the rare weekend. I do enjoy a little bit of Gentleman Jack whiskey and E&J brandy every now and then. 

• Brohoof 2

I like coffee but only when loaded with sweet creamer and sugar. Alas, I was instructed by my psychiatrist to avoid it. Caffeine doesn’t mix well with the medications I am taking. Not to mention, caffeine has always made my blood sugar levels drop pretty damn low. I have come close to passing out many times because of that. I know that there is such thing as decaffeinated coffee but I don’t want to risk it. I can live without the stuff. As for alcohol, I do not drink it. I don’t consume any alcohol for that matter. Again, my medications come into play here but I have always had a personal stance against alcohol. I also don’t do drugs or smoke cigarettes.

I’m pretty straight edge. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I hate both. Yes, I've tried Coffee and I just don't enjoy the flavor that much. Maybe if put a shitton of milk and sugar in it then MAYBE. I'm more of a tea kind of person.

I don't care of alcohol. I have better things than drowning my sorrows with alcohol.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't really care about coffee. I've wanted to try it in the past, but I just never got around to it.

As for alcohol, I used to have a pretty strong opinion against it, but recently I've started to be more open to it. Maybe one day if the circumstances are right I'll try drinking.

Edited by Zephyr / Booker
  • Brohoof 1

I really don’t like the taste of coffee. Unless it’s an emergency, I never drink it at all. I think I only had coffee once in the past two years or so.

As for alcohol, I detest it and am proud to never take any to sip.

I drink coffee pretty rarely, and it has to be a specific type.

Same with alcohol: only on special occasions, and it has to be very specific (either Redd's Apple Ale or Shmirnoff Ice). and I don't drink too much (at most 2 bottles).

I've liked the taste of coffee since I was a kid and used to be addicted to it a few years ago. Don't care too much for alcohol in general though, mostly because of both my parents and even my grandparents being alcoholics in the past. Aside from the occasional beer during a dinner at a somewhat formal restaurant, I shy away from booze.  

I've never actually bothered to try alcohol simply because the smell is too GOD AWFUL. Coffee is almost kind of somewhat a little bit tolerable but not enough to justify drinking it... Not even with 99999 sugar and 69696969 milk.

My only problem with coffee is that I never drink hot beverages. Really, I'm not joking.  I NEVER drink hot things, not even hot chocolate. When I was little, I used to leave my hot chocolate sit for a half hour before I would drink it! (Oddly, I have no problem eating soup with a spoon). I do love iced coffee though. While not an alcoholic, I gave up drinking years ago. I was out with friends, and they stopped me from doing something very stupid while drunk. Let's just say it would have ruined the relationship with the man that became my husband. So while I don't 'hate' alcohol, I just have the occasional glass of wine with dinner.

• Brohoof 1

I used to dislike both. But I've always liked the smell of coffee and I'm starting to acquire a taste for it, but it has to be heavily sweetened. And I don't like generic, bland coffees with no character; I like to taste what I'm drinking. Alcohol is of no interest to me; it tastes awful and I can't see an upside to it. Getting drunk doesn't appeal to me, and if I want to feel all wobbly I'll skip a night of sleep and get the same effect without the barfing afterward. I don't even care for alcohol as an ingredient in food unless it's very subtle. The taste is too strong and overwhelms everything else. The only alcohol I drink is a tiny bit of wine once in a while, to help me relax and fall asleep. But nothing too strong. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nope. I like coffee, wait...scratch that...LOVE coffee. :LunaMCM: Not as much as beverages like sweet tea or Coke but it's definitely up there with my favorites. 

As for alcohol, a beer or two here and there is alright with me...when I'm legal drinking age, of course. :mlp_laugh: Three more years to go. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Coffee drinker here. My early morning job requires it. Though oddly enough I think it was BronyCon that got me to try Starbucks and start me on my caffinated path. 

Though I can never drink it straight or hot. I want to be awake, not have my throat burned. I find that it being hot also messes with the taste. I always add a good dose of creamer. Mounds of the powdered stuff and sugar if I'm out. 

Iced coffee has a better taste for me. In general I'm also fine with coffee flavored snacks, desserts and mixes. Regularly attend a local saloon style cafe for it. 

I do not drink. Ever. Straight Edge. I don't need chemical substances to have a good time and I rather enjoy having my faculties in check. I party sober. 

(edited)

I don’t mind the two why? Coffee helps me through the day and liquor helps me forget it all.

Edited by TBD-66

I don't drink either of them, but for different reasons.

I don't drink alcohol because I don't see any reason to. I was open to the idea back when I turned 21, and went out and tried a couple of drinks with friends. None of it turned out well. To me, the beer looked like urine and was super acidic. Why would I drink such a repulsive thing? I took a few sips and that was it for me. Then they tried to give me some fruity drinks and all I was thinking while I was trying those (one made me gag, though) was "Why would I need an alcoholic drink when craving a fruity drink while I can just get juice and it has none of those horrible side effects?". I was able to quickly decide that alcohol simply wasn't a taste worth acquiring. I don't want to be mentally impaired for any amount of time, and I don't want the health issues, either. The former really scares me, though. I'm glad I never drank enough to get anywhere near drunk.

TBH, I'm grateful that I was raised in a super conservative - not politically (Thank goodness!) - family/environment in this regard. I did not grow up around alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc., thus it all comes unnaturally to me. I will never even try smoking or drugs. I thought light drinking might be something I would be fine with, so I tried it, but it just wasn't for me, and that's a good thing. Nothing good could have come out of that.

Coffee is a bit different. I've never actually had coffee. Now would not be a time for me to start. I stopped drinking pop a few years ago for one reason: A doctor suggested the caffeine was potentially what was making my heart act funny. So I cut out pop, and have never even thought of starting coffee. I don't need caffeine to wake up/stay awake. In fact, I found it completely ineffective when I was trying to drink it to keep me awake for my classes I was taking in the afternoon while I worked nights. I would fall asleep anyway. So... Nothing good could come out of me drinking caffeine. A year ago or so I did end up a with a tea with caffeine in it (my first time drinking caffeine since, like mid 2016) and it made me jittery. I don't want that. So... Coffee, not a taste worth acquiring either, but for entirely different reasons.

I've never been a fan of coffee so I've always been a tea drinker when it comes to hot beverages. As for alcohol, I've never actually touched the stuff save for a couple of sips of wine years ago just to try it and that one time my uncle Barry put beer in my orange juice without me knowing just to see how I'd react. :unamused:

I've got nothing against alcohol, save for things like drink driving which is bloody idiotic. I just prefer to take on the world sober right now. Maybe someday, once I've gotten to where I need to be, I may try and see if there is a glass of something I enjoy from time to time. But right now, I need my senses intact to get me to where I need to be.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like coffee because it's bitter. Plain and simple, I don't like the taste of it. I tried multiple times, but it always was a torture. However, with tons of milk & sugar, things change. Once the bitter taste is more or less killed, I can enjoy drinking that. So with that being said, I do like cappuccino, for example, though I tend to add slightly more sugar than needed and/or put extra milk because why not.

But black coffee is a big NOPE.

As for alcohol, there's a similar situation. I don't like beer, because it's a torture, UNLESS it's a sweet beer with flavor. Not manly, I know, but I don't care. :P I generally like wine, well, if it's sweet of course, same for vodka.

Nevertheless, I extremely rarely drink alcohol. Most of the time it's when there's a special occasion of some sort. I don't tend to drink any of this randomly, very much prefer other, non-alcoholic drinks instead. Though I won't hide, that I like to drink some when there's a good occasion. Correct environment and group of friends is the key here. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Never had either, because I don't like the taste of coffee and i'm too pure for alcohol lmao XD

Edited by Crystal Daze