Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody else like eating dry cereal?

Sazama Ichida

Sometimes I eat Applejacks dry if I'm in a hurry. I put them in a bowl and just kind of eat them like chips. It saves milk which is the biggest benefit.

I definitely don't prefer it, but I won't lie. You hand me a box of Reeses Puffs, and I will claw into that sucker like a zombie on brains.

Yeah! I mean I like it with milk too of course but yeah, dry cereal is so sugary and crunchy!! :3 Love the taste! 

Sometimes I just grab those super small cereal boxes they have it the grocery store and just eat right out of it....small, and you can eat it anywhere! 

Seeing as I'm allergic to milk, I don't really have any choice but to eat my cereal dry.

I don't really see what's so bad about eating it dry to begin with. It tastes just fine dry, if you ask me.

(edited)

I've done it a few times. It really depends on the cereal. Great Grains is an awesome cereal to eat right out of the box. It's kinda like trail mix.

Seeing as I'm allergic to milk, I don't really have any choice but to eat my cereal dry.

I don't really see what's so bad about eating it dry to begin with. It tastes just fine dry, if you ask me.

Soy milk? I've been trying to cut down on my dairy and I find that vanilla Silk is a good substitute in cereal. Better than cow's milk, actually.

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

(edited)

Honestly, yeah, I don't like eating my cereal with milk.  I don't like mixing things together that don't seem like they should mix together in general, and really, for me that rule extends to milk and artificially flavored, sugar-coated flakes of Lord knows what.  I just like my cereal in a bowl, and my milk in a glass. smile.png

Edited by Batbrony

Cereals here (Or atleast the ones that I am used to eating) dont really contain any sugar in them, so I do prefer eating them with milk or yogurt, tastes better that way.

(edited)

My taste in cereal has been labeled 'dull' in the past, but what's great about me cereal's of choice are just the fact that they aren't too sugary with and without milk. Or maybe my sense of taste is the dull one blink.png

Naaaaaah derpy_emoticon2.png

My selection is two of my current faves, Raisin Bran and Honey Bunches of Oats. They're great as a solo snack or to add to things such as (what MuLeKsI said) yogurt or even sandwiches.

Edited by Accellerant

Being lactose intolerant, I prefer unsweetened almond milk. It lets the almond flavor supplement the taste of the cereal without changing the level of sweetness the cereal already has. Soy milk tastes... weird. Don't know how to describe it.

The only cereals I don't mind eating dry are things like Apple Jacks and Honey Bunches of Oats. As a kid I used to munch on a box of Apple Jacks or Fruit Loops when I was watching TV. They taste fine on their own, and the shape and size of the cereal makes it easy to grab.

Ugh dear god I can't stand dry cereal, it HAS to have milk in it, it's an absolute dealbreaker. I hate having cereal but being out of milk.

I've no real preference for cereal to be honest. I never grew up with it, i'm not too fond of it and if i were to buy something to eat right out of the box i would rather go for something that's intended for that purpose. There're a lot of better options in my opinion. :)

I never saw the appeal in eating dry cereal. It just tastes so much better with milk to me. There might be certain cereals that taste really good without milk, but idk.

Believe it or not, I do it eat that way!

Although it depends on the cereal, like for example, I like eating frosted flakes without anything, that way I get to eat the delicious crunchiness and sugar coated flakes in the cereal!

But I like eating cereal either way! XD  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I always eat my cerial dry. Putting it in milk just makes it really soggy and takes away all the flavor, plus the thought of putting something naturally crunchy and dry like cerial in milk is just gross to me.

Edited by Luna's Husbando

I do it sometimes but really depends on the cereal, some of them are just too dry without milk.

If I'm goin to be out doing morning runnig or exercising, I've found a bowl of dry Golden Grahams and a glass of water is the perfect before hand meal.

(edited)

Ugh dear god I can't stand dry cereal, it HAS to have milk in it, it's an absolute dealbreaker. I hate having cereal but being out of milk.

Yes, I was the same way.

College had two food groups; hot ramen and cold cereal.

And as one can simply heat water and add to ramen, milk doth not from faucets flow

So that first day I looked in the fridge, realized I was lacking in the milk department, and just said 'screw it' and ate it dry anyway...and it slowly just became a snack item wink.png

Edited by MilBrony

Yes, I eat dry Pops at school almost every morning. Its how I was raised and how I intend to eat my pops! 

Oh and about ramen, My friends and I invented a new way to eat ramen called the "Ramen Cookie" I think you guys got the idea. 

Damn, I'm lazy.

Yes, I like eating dry cereal too. However, some just taste like ass without milk. But, what I usually eat when I get home from school is dry cereal, and a cup of Sunny D. :) Sounds more like breakfast though. I LOVE SUNNY D. And Cinnamon Toast Crunch...Damnit! Now ya'll got me hungry!