Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody else like eating dry cereal?

Sazama Ichida

I think it would depend on the type of cereal for me.

Some cereals I must have milk with otherwise I can't eat the whole bowl. 

Cereals like sugar puffs I can eat without milk just fine but if it's special k I got to have milk :).

I usually prefer my cereal dry,but it depends on what kind of cereal it is.Some cereals i prefer dry like lucky charms,but other cereals like cocoa puffs i prefer with milk.

(edited)

I am not a fan of dry cereal. I am more of a fruit, yogurt and pancake kind of girl xD. I actually don't eat cereal at all honestly. It is just too...bland... =/.

Edited by Hayze

You... you mean... I'm not alone? There are other human beings out there that don't use milk? Whoa. *cough cough* anyways... I like seriously don't eat it any other way (all that stupid milk at the end always ends up getting poured out anyways) that's literally the only reason my family buys cereal anymore! derpy_emoticon1.png  

Nope.  I love milk!  It's my favorite drink, and cereal with milk is probably my favorite food.  Special K: Fruit and Yogurt is my favorite cereal, but Honey Nut Cheerios is good too.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not like dry cereal. I need milk with any cereal I eat because it just doesn't taste the same without it. The texture too tough on my mouth as well. Although now I just buy the cereal bars with the dehydrated milk because I'm always on the go. So it is much quicker than making myself a bowl of cereal.

Personally I think it depends on the cereal! If it is a cereal like Krave or something with a nice filling, but if it is a cereal like Corn flakes or Shreddies have to be with milk because they are a bit more bland!     

(edited)

I have made this something more complicated than it needs to be...

I love cereal, and I love milk, but there is some cereals that I will not put milk on while others I do....If it's really hard cereal like Peanut Butter Crunch, I will add milk.....but if it's something like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I eat it dry.  

Other than that, when I do add milk to cereal, I always make sure to eat it fast because I hate soggy cereal....ick.

My husband, on the hand, will put cereal and milk together, put it in the fridge overnight, and eat it the next morning.....I have no idea why, but I don't question his motives since his quirks make life a bit more interesting :P

Edited by Treble Bolt

Depends. Majority of the time I will eat it dry right out of the box, like cinnamon life or granola especially, because I am not too fond of milk. But for some reason I absolutely adore cinnamon life with milk. Ooh and Special K with strawberries is great with chocolate milk-- tastes like chocolate covered strawberries!

• 4 months later...

Sometimes, especially if it's a cereal that tends to get soggy rather quickly. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is probably my favorite to eat dry, but otherwise I put milk on my cereal 99% of the time.

I only eat dry cereal, but I will occasionally have a glass of milk on the side. I just really don't like the consistency and texture of soggy, mushy cereal. 

My favorites though are Golden Grahams and Lucky Charms.

• Brohoof 1

Freakin love dry cereal! I haven't had cereal and milk in years! The milk makes everything soggy and ruins the taste anyway (except with Cheerios, it's pretty impossible to ruin those). Instead, I just have a big ol glass of milk.

• Brohoof 1

Eh I'm not a huge fan of it. It just dries my mouth out and then I have to drink a lot of something to feel normal again.

Alternatively, I LOVE it when my cereal is all soggy :lol:

I forgot to mention that when I DO have dry cereal, I usually will have a glass of milk with it anyway. Again, particularly good for cereals that tend to get soggy quickly. x3 Just munch on a spoonful and sip some milk, so I have no worries about it getting soggy.

I like eating cereal dry when it is something like Frosted Flakes. I find it does taste a bit better than it does with milk. As for other cereal though, I have to eat it with milk to really enhance the flavor. :P

Milk goes in glass. Cereal goes in bowl. You don't mix that shit, ever. It just completely ruins it for me. I very rarely eat cereal though, mostly it's just bread and chocolate milk for me in the mornings.

• Brohoof 2