Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anybody else hate coffee and alcohol?

Fluttershutter

17 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Alcohol is stuff that's been left to rot and coffee is just bitter. :eww:

People force themselves to like this stuff for social reasons but I'm pretty antisocial so I only drink what I like. Mostly water but I love soda, sometimes juice.

I often find people who don't like these things assume it's about their taste. But for those of us who do like these things, for the most part it's not about their taste it's about their effect. They're like medication-  coffee to give you energy, alcohol to chill you out. I mean, I drink black coffee... strong too. Straight black coffee, not for the taste, because it tastes like drain water. I need it for energy, to feel awake and alert. 

• Brohoof 1

I don’t like them very much either. I used to think I really disliked coffee, though I had some with a ton of milk foam a couple weeks ago and that actually wasn’t so bad :ooh: 

Alcohol is fine in small amounts but I can’t drink much at all at once.

I used to drink coffee a while ago but I figured there was no point in me drinking it.  I didn't enjoy the taste unless it was drowned out by sugared creamer and getting the coffee grounds themselves were expensive.  Sure, I could buy instant and I have bought it before, I just think it tastes worse than "normal" coffee I do have some in the cabinet for cooking but that's pretty much it.  However, I do enjoy coffee ice cream sometimes but only because it's so sugary.

I've had wine sometimes but I don't like carbonated/fermented drinks, at all.  It has this gross sensation on the tongue when I drink it.  When I have had some alcohol, I normally drown it out with a lot of ice cubes/cold water.  I don't remotely enjoy alcohol unless it's ice cold.  Also, my family seems to have a problem with alcoholism so I avoid the stuff.  I've been told I have an addictive personality so I try to avoid stuff like that.  Most alcohols that I've tried taste gross anyways, so I have no problem with it.

I like having a cup or two of cocktail, once in a while, as a lot of them are really sweet. Even had a “Twilight Sparkle” over at Babscon.

That said, I cannot for the life of me understand the popularity of beer. It just tastes so bland, and most of them are no more enjoyable than tap water. People say that I have to “acquire the taste,” but why would I want to acquire a taste for something that’s not good for me anyway?

I don't regularly drink alcohol, just occasionally. Most alcohol tastes bad because that's how the world works, but the good ones tastes good. I don't drink until I'm piss-drink because it's not why I drink, I drink just as an extension of enjoying food with friends. Most beer tastes bad, but the good ones are really good. And I like cheap sweet wine, I like sweet tasting cocktails.

But coffee? I just don't like it. Tried it many times, but it just tastes like water with cigarette ash in it, maybe with some coffee flavor added if I'm being generous. I haven't drink every coffee in the whole universe, but so far, coffee isn't my thing. It's also fascinating for me to see some people who can't live without coffee. I don't like coffee sweets, coffee ice cream, coffee flavored anything either. I don't hate them, but just not my best favorite flavor.

(edited)

I'm not a big fan of coffee unless it's filled with a lot of cream, and even then I drink it sparingly. I get caffeine from tea and--yes I know they're awful for you--the occasional energy drink.

As for alcohol... the stronger stuff tastes awful so I mostly stick with wine, and even then I don't drink it very often. The only beer I've had was far too bitter for me.

Edited by Prospekt

7 hours ago, Olly said:

I often find people who don't like these things assume it's about their taste. But for those of us who do like these things, for the most part it's not about their taste it's about their effect. They're like medication-  coffee to give you energy, alcohol to chill you out. I mean, I drink black coffee... strong too. Straight black coffee, not for the taste, because it tastes like drain water. I need it for energy, to feel awake and alert. 

I know but if the taste is terrible I just can't tolerate it. There are better things with caffeine in them. And I know alcohol is addictive but face it, it just makes people stupid.

I've never drunk alcohol or coffee, though I've never liked the smell of them, so I doubt I'd like the taste. I guess I do kind of have an idea of what coffee tastes like, but that's just because I ate a chocolate covered coffee bean by mistake once. :twismile:

I am not really a fan of them either, to be honest. Coffee, I can enjoy coffee. It's good, with lots and lots of cream (black is bleh...) and I did get to try lots of different coffee's when I got free Starbucks in the 6 months I worked at one back in 2012... But I don't wake up with Coffee, I wake up with an energy drink every morning.. Heh.

Alcohol though, on the other hoof, well.. I don't hate it, but I just don't drink. I am not a drinker at all, I just don't like being intoxicated for anything to be honest. The taste of alcohol is fine if it's like small. But I have never been a drinker at all, my first drink (that was not at church when I was young, before I realized I wasn't religious at all, but that doesn't count....) was actually when I was like 22 or 23 years old, cause I never cared, I never had that urge to drink just because it was cool, or the thing to do. I had no intention or will to drink when I turned 21, I never have been interested in alcohol before that either, and I never will be. I will drink sometimes, but, very very very rarely. and it's only a few sips, and only when someone gives me a drink, I never buy it on my own, I never have, except like once, but that was long ago, and even then I never drank much of it.

I don't hate alcohol, I just don't care for it. Never did, never will. I like being sober, it's just how I am.

No to coffee, yes to alcohol periodically. I get blitzed max three times a year, and even that pushes it. When I go the alcohol route, I only really do mixed drinks and those have to be fruity as hell or more soda than alcohol. Thankfully, I'm a cheap drunk. xD

Coffee is all forms of bleh for me and regular beer is too bland for my liking. However, wine coolers are dope. I love fruity flavored ones. Those of course are hardly strong at all in terms of alcohol content, but it is still something that adds a bit of kick to it all.

For me its like this: 

Coffee: with or without Sugar or and milk it's normal.

Alcohol: 

15 Years old: "I drink this because I want to be popular and socialize"

18 years Old: "I drink this because it´s the only thing that gives me courage to speak to the opposite sex after I blew my best and only relationship"

35 Years Old: "This is the only reason I'm still alive"

65 years old: "I don't remember why I drink, just that it made things easier for me"

I love coffee, the smell in the morning is really quite something and there are so many tasty varieties.

When it comes to alcohol, I don’t drink as much as I used to, I’ve limited my drinks to either one or two and I mostly will have a drink on special occasions.

I don't really like alcohol, coffee, or soda. 
Alcohol is a nasty taste. I like the hard stuff—rum, bourbon—but I never drink it for the taste. 
Coffee is alright, but I've never developed a dependency on it.
Never been much into soda, but it goes well with Little Ceasars pizza once in a while. 

I don't like coffee at all, don't like either the taste or smell of it.

Don't mind alcohol so much but I don't really drink that much, think the only drink I actually like the taste of is dark rum and coke.

• 7 months later...

I mean, speak for yourselves! I ACTUALLY LOVE the taste of a cheap OR expensive beer and on a hot summer day or a dark chocolate beer on a cold winter morning, YES MORNING! However I dont usually drink to get drunk however if I do say I'm at a party or something I usually start with really high end beer and then as I get more buzzed resort to drinking bud light or something just to keep the vibes going.

But really, I do actually enjoy the taste! :)

Coffee? I mean its not terrible but ive tasted better things, usually when I do drink coffee I drink it black as thats the only TRUE way to enjoy coffee! :orly:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...