Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody else like eating dry cereal?

Sazama Ichida

I only eat my cereal dry, stuff that's supposed to be crunchy but ends up all soggy is just nasty to me.  It would ruin the crunchiness and the taste, plus I just don't like milk.

• Brohoof 2

Like others have stated, it totally depends what kind of cereal it is.

Funny enough, as a child and even when i grew older, i hated wet cereal. The texture of dry food saturated in milk made me gag. At the time, the only cereal my mom would buy was cheerios (either plain, or honey nut cheerios) I still think cheerios absorbed with milk are disgusting, which is why I eat them cheerios dry and drink a glass of milk on the side to wash down the cheerio dustyness.

I mostly eat special K though. Comparing cheerios to special K, the cheerios are dusty and dry out my throat, while the special K is very hard and dense when chewed. Special K needs milk to soften it up a bit, otherwise its too harsh and grainy.

Cinnamon toast crunch is really delicious when dry; i've never tried it with milk so i don't know what to think.

Edited by crazitaco

• 3 years later...

Exactly what I do! Milk is for drinking, NOT for making your food soggy! Besides, dry cereal doesn't spoil as fast as milk-soged food, and so I'd bag some up to eat as a snack all throughout the day!

I don't eat cereal for breakfast without milk; that just ain't right. But I will on occasion have a little bag of dry cereal for snacking on while I'm painting or watching TV or something like that. When I'm not thinking too much about it, dry cereal is acceptable (especially if it has marshmallows in it). :D

• Excited 1

Well, i like to eat it with and without milk. I don't have problem with that :P 

Also this is funny, but i am eating dry cereal right now XD

Spoiler

Oh, I JUST HAD AN INTERESTING EXPIERIENCE WITH CEREAL YESTERDAY!

My friend gave me "unsweetend" cereal and a bowl half full of sugar.

Yes, i do like eating try cereal. Taste nice and crunchy. I also like it with milk. I like them both.

I used to eat it dry only when I was a kid. I still eat it dry occasionally even today:D

It kind of depends on what kind of cereal it is. I mostly enjoy eating chocolate-flavored cereal dry since it works as a sweet, crunchy treat. :D

I very much enjoy cereals of all brands and flavor variations. It is one if the foods I turn to for breakfast along with oatmeal and eggs. I have tried eating cereal by itself before and I remember just...not liking it. My dad, however, eats cereal dry all of the time and I don't understand how he can do that!

I usually eat cheerios or rice crispies dry sometimes but I usually have milk (my favourite kind of cereal is when the cereal isn't soggy, but isn't dry either)