Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody else like eating dry cereal?

Sazama Ichida

It probably would logically be sweeter and crunchier simply due to the fact that the milk probably washes out some of the sugar on it, and the fact its not submerged in milk makes it crunchier.

I personally don't prefer eating dry cereal, i'll eat it maybe on ocasions, but I just prefer to have milk in it normally, plus its what I'm use to.

Nothings wrong with it though.

Sometimes, but most of the times I need milk. However, when I eat my cereal, I usually start out with a bowl of milk, and will put some cereal in at a time, so that way the cereal is still crunchy, but I still get the milk. 

Everybody wins! 

rain_bop_by_blackgryph0n-d50bpfj.gif

• Brohoof 2

I never really tried dry cereal. But, I prefer cereal with milk at least so it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Really depends on the type of cereal. Names like Honey Comb, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Frosted Flakes I sometimes eat as a snack right out of the box :3 (however, they taste even better with milk. Especially CTC..ohh the milk at the end is SO DAMN GOOD). While the rest of the time I use milk in my cereal, because that's the best part, drinking the cereal-flavoured milk when the rest of the cereal is gone :D

omg meeeeeee

<3

Funny thing is, I don't especially like crispy texture, though I don't mind it either. But I dislike when food is too soft, plus the liquid makes my stomach feel sick. Blegh

And cereal, I guess it DOES taste sweeter from lack of dilution in milk, as Zygen pointed out.

Yes I do! They're awesome. It's really weird but I also eat dry pasta (I've got teeth of steel, lol) I like extra crispy and crunchy things :D

(edited)

Personally I hate milk (ever since I was born) the smell of it just drives me to gag.  Having said that, I do however love milk products, cheese, ice cream and so forth.  I do like eating dry cereal and in particular I like Reese's Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  Give it a try and then come discuss it.  It's the only two cereals I'll sit down and eat from the box.  

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 3

Oh yeah, totally...especially stuff with raisins in.

I once had the awful idea of trying Lucky Charms dry...it was maybe the worst idea I ever had. The marshmallows felt horrible.

I actually eat cereal dry all the time!  But it has to be something like Life, Cheerios, or Chex which are a handy, finger food type of cereal to begin with.  Other kinds like Corn Flakes or Wheaties are too clumsy to pick up and eat by hand. 

I don't dislike dry cereal, but if given the choice, I'll prefer it with milk. I'm not averse to snacking on cereal right out the box, though.

Some cereals though, I must have with milk, because I love how they taste when they're a little soggy. Those müsli type cereals with oat clusters in them taste fantastic to me after sitting in milk for a few minutes. Rice-Krispies type cereals too, for that matter.

Personally I hate milk (ever since I was born) the smell of it just drives me to gag.  Having said that, I do however love milk products, cheese, ice cream and so forth.  I do like eating dry cereal and in particular I like Reese's Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  Give it a try and then come discuss it.  It's the only two cereals I'll sit down and eat from the box.  

I hate milk as well. Never could stand the stuff. I can at least understand putting chocolate in it but not having it by itself...yuck! That's not really why I like dry cereal though. I don't think that really has anything to do with it. I mean getting it wet would obviously wash out the taste...

I used to love eating Apple Jacks as a kid in a little baggy. 

Then I stopped eating sweet (and unhealthy) cereal altogether and only have Cheerios and Raisin Bran with milk. Neither of those are particularly good without milk. :P

It really depends on the cereal, but I see both sides. There are a few cereals that I could point out that are better with the milk because I feel that it improves the texture. The sugary cereals are more likely sweeter because the sugar isn't being disolved into the milk.

As for me though, I don't really eat cereal anymore. I actually find the cereal market rather dry (no pun intended... ok, maybe it was...) and I prefer making myself some delicious eggs in the morning or oatmeal if I'm in a rush.

I like to take both of the new Kellogg's Krave cereals, mix them into a large bowl, cover it in marshmallow topping and sprinkles, and it is usually gone in about five secconds.

• Brohoof 1

I only eat dry corn flakes and Frooty Loops. The rest are eaten milked, but they can, sometimes, be eaten dry too. Like, they don't taste bad without milk. They just stay glued to my teeth. :P

For some reason, all of my nerdy computer science major friends like to eat dry cereal.  Its almost as if its in their blood.  Strange.