Why do some Bronies take FIM to the extreme?

Rarity Paige Belle

As an added point. Don't you feel embarrassed walking into a shop to buy FIM merchandise. I went to my local comic book store to buy the first issue of the FIM comic, and the guy behind the counter looked at me as if I was mad.

Edited by Thomas Rampling123

post-8308-0-66561800-1384115058_zps8a951

Beautiful, Stylish, Fabulous AND evil! What more could you want?
(Thanks Kyoshi for letting everyone use your sigs!)

As an added point. Don't you feel embarrassed walking into a shop to buy FIM merchandise. I went to my local comic book store to be the first issue of the FIM comic, and the guy behind the counter looked at me as if I was mad.

Nah man. I don't care for people who think badly of people who like ponies. Only when bronies are being jerks would I understand non-bronies not liking them, but I buy a few plushies and shirts every once in a while, and if the cashier should have a problem with it... They're wrong to think so. I'm giving them money, why should they care what I'm giving them money for?

Well there is a point when buying all that stuff just becomes obsessive and wasteful.

>Onions

Honestly, if you have money to burn, I can't see how it would hurt. I mean, having a large collection would look pretty impressive.

• Brohoof 1

>Onions

Honestly, if you have money to burn, I can't see how it would hurt. I mean, having a large collection would look pretty impressive.

If you're that rich to where you can burn 5 paychecks on ponies, then great, buy all the ponies you want. I just won't say I approve. But that doesn't mean you can't do it.

Edited by Apple Pop

If you're that rich to where you can burn 5 paychecks on ponies, then great, buy all the ponies you want. I just won't say I approve. But that doesn't mean you can't do it.

Doesn't really take five paychecks, but whatever. Nothing wrong with it at all as long as it's not consuming your life.

Doesn't really take five paychecks, but whatever. Nothing wrong with it at all as long as it's not consuming your life.

Dear, it was an example. And yes, if you have a life, then good on ya. It just makes me sad to see people who have a room-full of ponies, a McDonald's paycheck, and if you don't like ponies, then they will bitch your head off and try to "convert" you. I've seen it far too much. People just spend money they should be saving on ponies, since they don't make that much to begin with...

Dear, it was an example. And yes, if you have a life, then good on ya. It just makes me sad to see people who have a room-full of ponies, a McDonald's paycheck, and if you don't like ponies, then they will bitch your head off and try to "convert" you. I've seen it far too much. People just spend money they should be saving on ponies, since they don't make that much to begin with...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Well there is a point when buying all that stuff just becomes obsessive and wasteful.

'Ol poppa ghostie here has about $500 worth of Rarity merch alone, not including the several items he has of other poniez.

He also, as a 17 year old, keeps less 1/3 of his paycheck for himself. The rest goes to college funds, saving up for a truck, the stuff I need for when I'm out on my own. 

I make big monies for a part timer, and I've been working this job for months. I've got enough to make a down payment on a vehicle and set-up an insurance plan on it. I've also got enough money saved to pay for a term at a small college out of my own pocket. 

I don't think I'm wasting anything, especially since I have a long way to go, just being a Junior in High School ;)

For me, the only time one can take things to far in this fandom is when it puts others in danger.

Other than that, keep calm and worship on, bruthas :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

@@Apple Pop

Life is about happiness.

So if they get happy by buying ponies that's good.

It is not good if the action required to achieve this happiness takes away MORE happiness from other sides of life.

It is all a happiness equation. MAX happiness during life. So of course if you die, happiness stops. So don't die over ponies. Unless you would gain HUGE happiness doing so. Or if you are really old.

EDIT: And of course this action shouldn't harm others, or their happiness.

Edited by Blaze Bronson

ri86jc.jpg

(Drawing by Digiral)

Wow, all it takes is for someone to not be obsessed with ponies and you get ganged up on.
Okay.

My point, before it was brutally twisted by you people, was that it is OKAY to buy pony merchandise. What I was saying is that I think it's a little wasteful to spend a majority to all of your money on ponies. If you wanna do that, great. It's your money and your life. All I meant was that I don't approve of it, but that does not mean you have to change your ways. That is just what I think. Take it how you will.

I quite enjoy watching, listening to the in depth analysis's that people make, heck I even heard of multiple people suggesting it gets turned into a religion (that's probably where the line will be drawn) 

But no, I don't think people are going to extreme.

BgX5DiG.png?1

A samurai pyromancer? That's a bit overpowered.

"Trust me, there is much more out there that's stronger than me, I'm a soldier, not a god"

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/burning-h-bastion-r5178

'Ol poppa ghostie here has about $500 worth of Rarity merch alone, not including the several items he has of other poniez.

Rarity you say? Good choice, my good man!

• Brohoof 1

Wow, all it takes is for someone to not be obsessed with ponies and you get ganged up on.

Okay.

My point, before it was brutally twisted by you people, was that it is OKAY to buy pony merchandise. What I was saying is that I think it's a little wasteful to spend a majority to all of your money on ponies. If you wanna do that, great. It's your money and your life. All I meant was that I don't approve of it, but that does not mean you have to change your ways. That is just what I think. Take it how you will.

Hey now, chill :D We're all friends here. No one is mad.

The problem here is, that you were basically telling us it was wrong to do what we wanted with our own money. That's what inked this on; not the fact that you're not obsessed with ponies :D

I don't think anyone's mad at you, no worries. I'm not, at least. I'm just-a gonn-a spend-a my own money as I please (and the way I spend it certainly isn't fun; it's nice to purchase some things I get to have fun with, a.k.a, ponies :D )

• Brohoof 1

CpYKgl1.png

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

Hey now, chill :D We're all friends here. No one is mad.

The problem here is, that you were basically telling us it was wrong to do what we wanted with our own money. That's what inked this on; not the fact that you're not obsessed with ponies :D

I don't think anyone's mad at you, no worries. I'm not, at least. I'm just-a gonn-a spend-a my own money as I please (and the way I spend it certainly isn't fun; it's nice to purchase some things I get to have fun with, a.k.a, ponies :D )

I would like to kindly remind you that this thread can be directed towards people who think obsessing is okay, and also people who disagree with that. I am not telling you that you're wrong, I am saying that I do not agree with obsessing. Did I ever once tell anyone to stop doing what they are doing?

Okay.

Sorry, I feel like I started this. I didn't mean for the whole thing to spiral out of control.

img-23394-1-img-23394-1-img-23394-1-img-
Signature by Lacerna | You should fill out my Johari Window. All the cool kids are doing it.

@@Apple Pop

You are sending quite mixed messages regarding this topic, but basically it all boils down to this:

You don't approve of people who are obsessed with things, but you wouldn't change them if you could.

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here is mad at you.

It's only a heated debate, and strong enthusiasm might come across as aggressive. It's nothing against you.

Here, have a smiley to lighten up my post  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

ri86jc.jpg

(Drawing by Digiral)

I would like to kindly remind you that this thread can be directed towards people who think obsessing is okay, and also people who disagree with that. I am not telling you that you're wrong, I am saying that I do not agree with obsessing. Did I ever once tell anyone to stop doing what they are doing?

You said it was wrong, which implied it, yes.

And I've been here more than just a little while :umad: I know how the site works, how discussion threads work, etc. :D Pony rank, brah. 1500+ posts.  

Now, you disagreed with that, yes, and the majority of the people here disagreed with your sentiment (myself included.) We didn't twist your words. We're simply discussing the fact that we disagree with your sentiment, which, you responded to by saying we brutally twisted your words and ganged up on you.

You have to be ready to step up to the plate when you post what can be taken as a controversial opinion -_- 

Now, listen here, sonny, 'ol ghostie has a story to tell.

I suffer from a familial form of dilated cardiomyopathy (in short, I have pretty bad heart problems, and have for most of my life, if not all of it.) and if I were to say obsessing over Rarity the way I do hasn't been therapuetic, I'd be lying. It's helped me out a ton, honestly. Having those little plushies to squeeze and being able to grin like an idiot when I see fan art of her is really, really helpful :D

I can't speak for everyone, but I can say for myself that being a brony in the way I've done so has been really, really helpful to helping me cope with the real world.

Maybe that's the case for other people who take it so far; the real world sucks, lemme escape into pony realm while I can.

Now, of course, it's unhealthy when you STAY in the poniverse, but when you have that little place to escape to while the real world, such as school, work, etc., isn't calling you, it's nice to be able to obsess like this.

The real world sucks, brah.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

CpYKgl1.png

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

@@Apple Pop

You are sending quite mixed messages regarding this topic, but basically it all boils down to this:

You don't approve of people who are obsessed with things, but you wouldn't change them if you could.

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here is mad at you.

It's only a heated debate, and strong enthusiasm might come across as aggressive. It's nothing against you.

Here, have a smiley to lighten up my post  :lol:

Why bother trying to change anyone, it's not like they would anyways. :I But yeah, it's not my business to change people. I am just stating that I do not agree with obsession.

• Brohoof 1

You said it was wrong, which implied it, yes.

And I've been here more than just a little while :umad: I know how the site works, how discussion threads work, etc. :D Pony rank, brah. 1500+ posts.  

Now, you disagreed with that, yes, and the majority of the people here disagreed with your sentiment (myself included.) We didn't twist your words. We're simply discussing the fact that we disagree with your sentiment, which, you responded to by saying we brutally twisted your words and ganged up on you.

You have to be ready to step up to the plate when you post what can be taken as a controversial opinion -_- 

Now, listen here, sonny, 'ol ghostie has a story to tell.

I suffer from a familial form of dilated cardiomyopathy (in short, I have pretty bad heart problems, and have for most of my life, if not all of it.) and if I were to say obsessing over Rarity the way I do hasn't been therapuetic, I'd be lying. It's helped me out a ton, honestly. Having those little plushies to squeeze and being able to grin like an idiot when I see fan art of her is really, really helpful :D

I can't speak for everyone, but I can say for myself that being a brony in the way I've done so has been really, really helpful to helping me cope with the real world.

Maybe that's the case for other people who take it so far; the real world sucks, lemme escape into pony realm while I can.

Now, of course, it's unhealthy when you STAY in the poniverse, but when you have that little place to escape to while the real world, such as school, work, etc., isn't calling you, it's nice to be able to obsess like this.

The real world sucks, brah.

Okay, allow me to repeat: It is just my opinion that I do not agree with obsession. That is all. You can do whatever you want. I just don't agree with obsession. ugh.

• Brohoof 1

Just because bronies make so much media centered around a great show doesn't make us extremists, nor are we cramming ponies down peoples' throat. That poor excuse has been used by the most illogical trolls that I can't help but feel slightly pissed upon hearing it. Because MLP is so freaking popular that non-Herd members just can't stand the idea that something geared towards smaller kids is thriving.

At first I thought this thread had something to do with bronies who have aggressive tendencies.

• Brohoof 1

@@Apple Pop

Hmm... allow me to dig a little in your thoughts...  ^_^

If you had a child who started obsessing over ponies, or another thing for that matter, would you try to stop you child?

This is of course given that this obsession is not affecting the kid's grades, social life or anything. 

You... You're not getting it... I said I'm not trying to stop anyone, I just don't agree with obsession myself.

I'm kinda done with repeating myself.