Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Brony/Pegasister reviewers?

applejock

My question is simple yet at length that most of the ADD generation will have to scroll down to the TLDR version (listed below).

Why Review? Is it for your love of the show? If so, then why do you harm not only your own heart when a "bad episode aires" but also that of your fans that may have really enjoyed the episode to a personal level (perhaps it spoke to them, or reminded them a lesson there Mother taught them). Is it for the "Money", because MLP is a hot ticket right now and you know you can score a bunch of "likes" and "subs" on your youtube? Or is it your ability to access a multi-cultural based information net, that anyone and everyone who agrees (or disagrees) with you can support your own ego?

I mean no offense, face it, our society is BUILT on Ego and Pride. If you think otherwise then your very shelterd or at least very positive upoun others actions. A prime example, is "Gamer score" which does NOTHING but promote how "good" you maybe. Is this perhaps your reasoning for spending your time ranting and raving, or cuddeling and cooeing over new episodes of MLP?

Are you to this day, this minute, this second...still a fan? Do you consider yourself a "better" fan because of your insight, or analytical (sp!) ways? Are you tired of reviews from things like company owned blogs, or magazines and just wanted YOUR thoughts to be put out there?

Never shall I EVER say your works are a waste of time. Your works have opened minds of hundreds if not thousands who may have missed a key note or gesture. The art of the mind is very deep and I KNOW many of you are keepers of degrees in the human mental development or at least interested in what makes folks tick.So respect if that is the case, you are using the skills you payed thousands of dollars (ouch) in college to learn.

The question is WHY! For every like you get on youtube, every reposting of your blog on a forum you recieve, are you not so likely to have turned someone away from the entire art form you spend hours, and hours at your desk over? All those five hour energys and bad night sleeps in order to get your "episode review out" before the other guy who has more subs?

I respect your works, your blogs, your arts and videos. Your passion, yes PASSION, has kept and motivated you to create a new style of in depth thought process for something that is so simple. /brohoof to that! We as a race, tend to miss the art and beauty in simple things, far to often.

TLDR:

WHY U D00DS MAKE VIDEO DAT HATE ON MY FAV P0NIEZ!!!!

p.s. Respect for what you do, but in the end, do you do it for the right reason?

I respect reviewers' opinions as long as they don't bash other people for their opinions as well, when they don't agree with them. I like reviewers that review episodes not only because they enjoy it, but they love adding depth to them.

I don't respect every reviewer's opinion, nor will I ever, given my personal philosophy about the fandom is entirely subjective and based on having fun with it; ergo, the only one I enjoy is Tommy Oliver, for obvious reasons :D Saying you always respect someone's opinion regardless is just wrong. That'd be like this:

rarityhater69 "I hate Rarity she's such a bitch I hope she leaves the show"

me: "You're an idiot, but I respect your opinion."

Doesn't work like that, nor should it work for reviewers :D If their opinion sucks so badly, in your personal train of thought, than just don't respect that reviewer's opinions and ignore them. That's my line of logic behind that, at least :D

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't get why people "review" episodes in the first place? Just watch it and enjoy it, so what if the writer mess up with not putting to much detail into one episode. I do respect the reviewers, but I just say to watch the episode, call it good or bad, and move on. 

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't get why people "review" episodes in the first place? Just watch it and enjoy it, so what if the writer mess up with not putting to much detail into one episode. I do respect the reviewers, but I just say to watch the episode, call it good or bad, and move on. 

I like reviewing episodes, and I usually only have good things to say about them, with the occasional flaw and thing I didn't like and what not thrown in there.

I have fun reviewing episodes, though, and being in a fandom isn't really much use if you're not having fun with it, eh? :D

So maybe the other people who review episodes, even the ones who are much harsher than I, have fun reviewing the episodes as well and that's how they want to participate in the fandom.

Hope that answers your question, m8 :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

Personally the best reviews are your own opinions, you shouldn't let other people determine an episode's quality for you

With that said, I do think reviews can offer great debates and whatnot

Edited by Megas75

I've recently started my own show on the MLP franchise.

In my first video states that "Though I may slip and slide along the way, and some may not agree with my opinions, theories or debates. My goals for my show is to share my research, on how I view MLP Franchise as a whole. This doesn't make me right nor wrong but it is my ideal goal to provide information for all who watch."

There's one of my reasons for making a review on the show, along with it being entertaining. I want to be entertaining to those who watch my show as well as show off my video media abilities. My reasons are clear, and I respect everyponies opinion whether they agree with my views or not.