Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you want to marry a brony or a pegasister

SIgmaBETA

I feel like if this would have happened to me, it would have happened in Season 2 of FiM, you know, at the end :love:

Not so much today as it isn't a global craze anymore.

I always felt like I needed a sister. But not a pegasister. An actual sister. It is difficult to explain... but this nature was inherent to me since I was born. Attraction towards my own family. Like with the story about Nimrod. It is weird, I know. But the love I feel towards this hypothetical person cannot be put into words. I really miss having a sister. Someone to love. Unique. Not a mundane attraction. I have had beautiful people interested in me. But something is missing. That closeness. That familiarity. That blood bond. There is so much more to it than with normal relationships. It is something truly special.

Since I was a child, I dreamt about a sister. And fashioned this innate desire into an ideal. And when I see normal couples. It is not there. It is something mechanical and instinctual most of the time, not unlike with other animal creatures. But the most important component seems faded. Turned into a compromise more akin to an agreement than something that stirs the heart. And the light in my eyes grows dim. I can actually see it on the mirror.

So, damn the animal inside of us. I am looking for this love. And the love I sought since my childhood was never born. But whenever I think of it. No matter what. My soul comes to life. My eyes liven up. And my heart is glad to know that someday, we will find each other again. If not in this life. Then in the next.

For now, I am just staying. Waiting for nothing. It is like watching clock spin without a clear purpose. What is strange, however. Is how much the people I used to know changed over time, sometimes for better and sometimes or worse. But I never changed. I am still the same. And what is stranger is that I cannot bring myself to lie to other people. It feels so forced to fake interest for someone you are not interested in. This inexplicable attraction is not there. My heart is tugging towards someone who isn't here.

Short answer: No, I don't think it would make any difference.

(Funny. 1989 characters. The year I was born. I do not know how the hell I keep getting these numbers. But a coincidence repeated over two hundred times is more than a coincidence).

Edited by They call me Loyalty

it'd be nice to combine ponies with the romantic connection, but prolly unlikely

also whenever I hear that term I think 'peg a sister' D: so very wrong

huh I wonder what happens if you search 'peg' in derpibooru? *searches*

ok, well it turns out exactly what you would expect happens

so... this pic is very suggestive and wrong; you have been warned

Spoiler

full.png

"in the joy of surrender" what the hay :D also I wonder what the cutie mark means?

I think technically within the rules as nothing is shown? if not, sorry for making you see this mod ponies :P 

Would be the ideal situation, but it's not gonna happen.

Pegasisters are an urban legend in my country, and more so in my city and all the neighboring ones too.

Fortunately, I've met quite a few women that, while they don't like mlp half as much as I do, have a favorite pony and don't outright call me a pony freak. Some even have enough knowledge on their favorite pony, which is way better than just good enough.

I wouldn't be against it so long as they were reasonable about it and professional on the outside. :laugh:
Gotta stash the cute pony stickers under the file cabinet files and pretend they're totally not there, you know? 

They're cute for decorating journals, though owo 
Don't judge me. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

Would I? Of course! Marrying a pegasister/brony would be great, but...that can't be the only connection. I'd want there to be basic chemistry between us, general affection, and interest in other areas as well!

• Brohoof 1

Well, this is a curious question. So Jess, my first wife, saw the show as cute but wasn’t a fan. We were married long before the show was out. However, she was something of a rarity amount one fandom in particular. When we started dating in college I learned from her about this fandom that is focused in anthropomorphic animals. Jess was a furry and actually would take me to conventions. So I did marry someone with a fandom that was not what you would typically find. 

Cindy, was different in that the fandom was already mature by the time we got together. She likes cute cartoons but never saw FIM. She knew about Bronies and such, but she just never got around to checking it out. I was her excuse for doing so. She loves it now. She has a Ponysona. She has a best pony. Has watched the entire show once and several specific episodes 2-3 times. She loves fan art. So yeah she technically calls her self a Brony, but is more low key / casual. She loves tangentially participating with the forum, and has met one of my friends here. At some point she will likely meet others. People really need their own hobbies though. Cindy kinda gets this and because of that she has been careful not to join here. She knows that this is my thing, and she likes that it’s one of my things that predate her and I keep going. 

So let’s tie this all together. I would 100% have married a Brony. That said, while I love sharing my interests with my spouse, and love when she shares hers with me, there is something nice about having something that is yours. 

• Brohoof 1

No because the woman I want to marry isn't one.

I wish she'd recognize that her amusing obsession with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer really isn't all that different from our Fandom, but I love her all the same. :adorkable: :wub:

07242becc6b0b9e56138cf0cad82a62d.thumb.png.b7cf57bd91e0be8e5c55889c228f6cb1.png

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

it'd be nice to combine ponies with the romantic connection, but prolly unlikely

also whenever I hear that term I think 'peg a sister' D: so very wrong

huh I wonder what happens if you search 'peg' in derpibooru? *searches*

ok, well it turns out exactly what you would expect happens

so... this pic is very suggestive and wrong; you have been warned

Hide contents

full.png

"in the joy of surrender" what the hay :D also I wonder what the cutie mark means?

I think technically within the rules as nothing is shown? if not, sorry for making you see this mod ponies :P 

I’ll allow it. It takes things right to the limit, so I’d still be cautious of that level of innuendo.

Amusingly, that’s the reason I have a hard time using the term Pegasister. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, why not marry someone who obviously has good taste in entertainment and, more importantly, an understanding of pastel equines? That's probably not the most common trait to find on a resume so I'd definitely consider that a solid selling point. 

If I wasn't already hitched, I'd be great with a Brony.

I don't think I'd marry someone that would call themselves a 'Brony'. Maybe that's a little harsh, but it's my impression after being here for over a decade. At the very least, I wouldn't seek someone out for that reason.

• 2 months later...

It would be nice in the sense of it being a mutual interest, but I wouldn't specifically seek that in a partner.

I am but a 33 year old child. What is this kind of immoral question? I do not concern myself with adult responsibilities. I'm more interested in drugs! And no. I'm not a drug addict. I AM an addict, but to other things. Also, don't do drugs, kids™. Do video games instead. That is a much healthier addiction. I play ten hours a day. And I am swole as heck from so much clicking. Not really.

But yeah. I have been very dysfunctional since childhood. So, I don't ever see myself in a relationship. Do you know what happens when you have a pituitary dysfunction like myself? You are screwed, basically. It is like running a losing race. You just start to fall behind and never catch up again. In sports, and education, and relationships... and life. My original goals were quite different, initially. I wanted to play rugby. I wanted to study medicine and become a medical doctor like the rest of the family, instead of sitting on this chair all day, feeling like a cripple. But the genes said no. So, I said **** it.

I don't get it how it is possible for so many recessive genetic disorders to have manifested in this generation. Considering the previous generations used to be healthy and strong people. And all of the sudden, there are sons being born with kallmann and klinefelter syndrome. And various types of hypogonadism.

Which is what makes me suspect there was incest in this family. Because I see the picture from my grandfather. And the mother ****er looks like a model. So, I don't understand how the hell my body can be this sickly to the point people look away like I am painful sight. Where did these sh*t genes come from? And my mother keeps giving me the run around about my missing father. Eh. It doesn't matter now. Whatever the old man did, I was there to push him down into the grave. Other than that. Well, there is nothing to say. At least nothing good.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

Honestly I can't imagine dating (let alone marrying) someone who doesn't share my love of ponies. It is just too important to me.

Although this might be one of the many reasons I've never even been on a date. I can barely even talk to girls, I don't form relationships with them, it's just hopeless.