gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

There's actually a lot of debate about this:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1029700

They have a lot of potential outliers, but their most consistent seems to be wall level from being kicked/punched/beaten in,through, or around solid walls and surfaces, and MHS from Garnet dodging lightning in one episode.

Wall level? Holy crap they're glass canons? Also why so many outlier feats?

W-W-W-W-What!?!? :o You've gotta be shitting me... :blink:

Nope. The entire point of that story arc was that Madnrakk was threatning the OverMonitor, a being to whom the whole of the DC multiverse is nothing more than a germ that happened to form inside of it:

5P4Omy4.jpg

But, they only grow stronger the longer the fight drags on. By the time it ends, Superman has become so powerful that he winds up becoming a conceptual entity to said OverMonitor, literally outside its frame of understanding:

430SPc8.jpg

Wall level? Holy crap they're glass canons? Also why so many outlier feats?

Near as I can tell, most of the current feats would be based off of Lapis, but her power is inconsistent, and she's clearly on a different level from the gems, so no one can scale to her. As for the others, the mountain shearing feat was only a hypothetical situation(presented by Steven, I believe), and the potential island destroying feat from the gems in one episode was done off-screen.

• Brohoof 2

Near as I can tell, most of the current feats would be based off of Lapis, but her power is inconsistent, and she's clearly on a different level from the gems, so no one can scale to her. As for the others, the mountain shearing feat was only a hypothetical situation(presented by Steven, I believe), and the potential island destroying feat from the gems in one episode was done off-screen.

From what I've read, even Garnet herself admitted she couldn't do that mountain busting. Also, the fact that nobody saw how they beat a living Island can at best lead to them being hypothetical island busters at best. 

The series is still young so they probably have better chances at improving. But their wall  level durability is going to really kill them in debate battles.

(edited)

Nope. The entire point of that story arc was that Madnrakk was threatning the OverMonitor, a being to whom the whole of the DC multiverse is nothing more than a germ that happened to form inside of it:

sig-3964717.5P4Omy4.jpg

But, they only grow stronger the longer the fight drags on. By the time it ends, Superman has become so powerful that he winds up becoming a conceptual entity to said OverMonitor, literally outside its frame of understanding:

sig-3964717.430SPc8.jpg

You know, I find it almost comical how ridiculously powerful the writers keep making Superman. It's like they're trying to prove something and who knows what that is.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 2

You know, I find it almost comical how ridiculously powerful the writers keep making Superman. It's like they're trying to prove something and who knows what that is.

Maybe they're trying to use their imagination to match God and make a being more powerful than God. That's just my guess. Also Screw Attack seems to really enjoy making the characters from DBZ look weak for some reason.

Anyway can I get some opinions from people on who would win in these Death Battles and why please?

Mojo Jojo VS Gorilla Grodd

Megaman VS Astroboy

Mewtwo VS Martian Manhunter

Elektra vs Talia al Ghul

Prince Zuko VS Portgas D. Ace

Roxas VS Dark Pit

Rayquaza VS Omega Shenron

Sakura Haruno VS Tifa Lockhart

Silver Samurai VS The Shredder

Star Butterfly VS Steven Universe

Winter Soldier VS The Red Hood

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Maybe they're trying to use their imagination to match God and make a being more powerful than God. That's just my guess. Also Screw Attack seems to really enjoy making the characters from DBZ look weak for some reason.

They enjoy making anime characters in general look weak. I'm not sure who it was (most probably someone on NF) also said SA outright confirmed they hate anime, hence their bias which showed more blatantly with Toph vs Gaara. At any rate, I'm always legitimately surprised when an anime character wins one of their matches, rare as that is.

Also, Megaman and Ace should stomp those fights. I know you took what I said before into consideration, hence changing Zuko's matchup, but Ace is just outright stomp. Roy would've been a much fairer fight tbh with Zuko only having a slight edge with better reaction time. I'm also assuming you're referring to young Zuko.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think anyone here is a fanboy, but regardless of what logic you use, Superman is broken. He's been broken since he was created, since his creation era was when shit was screwed up all over the place. One minute Superman is being tossed around like crap, and the next minute he's tanking super novas without flinching.  He's the embodiment of what fanboys make their characters in their heads.

Also, the idiots claiming that "Goku should have won, because Superman lost to Batman"...that is just beyond stupid. There's so many reasons why that fight in The Dark Knight Returns went that way, it's pretty much a deus ex machina joke. Not to mention in one of their fights with Batman, they mention how he could beat damn near anyone, if he had the time to study them...and since in DKR he's in his 50's, he's known Supes for decades...that's a pretty damn long time to know the ins and outs of someone.

Anyway can I get some opinions from people on who would win in these Death Battles and why please?

Mojo Jojo VS Gorilla Grodd

Megaman VS Astroboy

Mewtwo VS Martian Manhunter

Elektra vs Talia al Ghul

Prince Zuko VS Portgas D. Ace

Roxas VS Dark Pit

Rayquaza VS Omega Shenron

Silver Samurai VS The Shredder

-When he rages out, Mojo jojo has actually managed to injure the girls on at least one occasion. Still, he can't fight mind-control without preparation, so he loses.

-Which Megaman? Original incarnation, X, Starforce, Battle Network, or Zero?

-Martian Manhunter rolls with Superman, which means he outclasses Mewtwo in every stat. Not to mention, immune to mind control and such. Mewtwo has no chance here.

-Talia has been personally trained by Ras ah Guhl (however you say that), who's an equal match for Batman, if not usually above; he trained him, as well. Talia is only slightly below him, so she should win this handily.

-Ace stomps pretty hard, like what Galen said above

-Don't know much about Kid Icarus, so can't say

-Any DBZ character is comfortably above any pokemon character save Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, annd Girantina (and the three sprites when working together.) Rayquaza only destroyed a meteor; he wouldn't make it past Raditz.

Can't really say much about the others, though Star Butterfly has some crazy hax she could use to pull out a win.

I don't think anyone here is a fanboy, but regardless of what logic you use, Superman is broken. He's been broken since he was created, since his creation era was when shit was screwed up all over the place. One minute Superman is being tossed around like crap, and the next minute he's tanking super novas without flinching. He's the embodiment of what fanboys make their characters in their heads.

That's hardly what I'm saying. Even if he's supposed to embody whatever fans want him to be, which is probably what writers do to begin with, the fact remains that all his feats are calculable and thus can be placed within a certain measurable scale. In the case of Prime and 1 million, they all fall comfortably within the Galaxy level+ if not Universal level, which is already well above anything DB has ever demonstrated. I'm saying that as a lifelong DB fan, so rest assured I'm not playing the butthurt drama queen. I've said it repeatedly: I acknowledge that Supes is far beyond Goku's level. The problem is how fans want to interpret Superman, which is the invincible, indestructible superhero that he is perhaps meant to be due to his theoretically limitless power. However limitless his potential is, he still only ever reached a certain point with any of his incarnations.

It's almost virtually the same story with Goku. As I said before, while he wasn't born with already limitless potential, he has a way of making that potential grow by constantly breaking barriers and limits down each time he faces a stronger enemy (kinda like Superman does by what you just said, tho not quite the same). Therefore, theoretically, we can also say Goku can reach limitless power as well given time. DC fans making Superman limitless due to his theoretically limitless potential is no different from Goku fans making the supposition that he can break limits and reach Superman's level. Given that such scalings don't have any measurable evidence, portraying a fight between them wherein either one has such "limitless" power is utterly stupid.

Like I said, I'm perfectly fine with Supes beating Goku because all his feats suggest he can (depending on which incarnation we're referring to), but the reasoning SA used, and which you seeming to be backing, is stupid.

Also, the idiots claiming that "Goku should have won, because Superman lost to Batman"...that is just beyond stupid. There's so many reasons why that fight in The Dark Knight Returns went that way, it's pretty much a deus ex machina joke. Not to mention in one of their fights with Batman, they mention how he could beat damn near anyone, if he had the time to study them...and since in DKR he's in his 50's, he's known Supes for decades...that's a pretty damn long time to know the ins and outs of someone.

No one here ever said a thing about Batman. You don't need to bring that up with me.

-When he rages out, Mojo jojo has actually managed to injure the girls on at least one occasion. Still, he can't fight mind-control without preparation, so he loses.

-Which Megaman? Original incarnation, X, Starforce, Battle Network, or Zero?

-Martian Manhunter rolls with Superman, which means he outclasses Mewtwo in every stat. Not to mention, immune to mind control and such. Mewtwo has no chance here.

-Talia has been personally trained by Ras ah Guhl (however you say that), who's an equal match for Batman, if not usually above; he trained him, as well. Talia is only slightly below him, so she should win this handily.

-Ace stomps pretty hard, like what Galen said above

-Don't know much about Kid Icarus, so can't say

-Any DBZ character is comfortably above any pokemon character save Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, annd Girantina (and the three sprites when working together.) Rayquaza only destroyed a meteor; he wouldn't make it past Raditz.

Can't really say much about the others, though Star Butterfly has some crazy hax she could use to pull out a win.

Rayquaza is actually even more powerful than Arceus. At least in terms of raw power. That was confirmed gameplay-wise at least. Dunno about anime-wise.

That's hardly what I'm saying. Even if he's supposed to embody whatever fans want him to be, which is probably what writers do to begin with, the fact remains that all his feats are calculable and thus can be placed within a certain measurable scale. In the case of Prime and 1 million, they all fall comfortably within the Galaxy level+ if not Universal level, which is already well above anything DB has ever demonstrated. I'm saying that as a lifelong DB fan, so rest assured I'm not playing the butthurt drama queen. I've said it repeatedly: I acknowledge that Supes is far beyond Goku's level. The problem is how fans want to interpret Superman, which is the invincible, indestructible superhero that he is perhaps meant to be due to his theoretically limitless power. However limitless his potential is, he still only ever reached a certain point with any of his incarnations.

It's almost virtually the same story with Goku. As I said before, while he wasn't born with already limitless potential, he has a way of making that potential grow by constantly breaking barriers and limits down each time he faces a stronger enemy (kinda like Superman does by what you just said, tho not quite the same). Therefore, theoretically, we can also say Goku can reach limitless power as well given time. DC fans making Superman limitless due to his theoretically limitless potential is no different from Goku fans making the supposition that he can break limits and reach Superman's level. Given that such scalings don't have any measurable evidence, portraying a fight between them wherein either one has such "limitless" power is utterly stupid.

Like I said, I'm perfectly fine with Supes beating Goku because all his feats suggest he can (depending on which incarnation we're referring to), but the reasoning SA used, and which you seeming to be backing, is stupid.

No one here ever said a thing about Batman. You don't need to bring that up with me.

It seems like you're just saying this crap, to argue. The fans have nothing to do with it, it's the fact the writers have made him stupid OP since day one. SA isn't wrong, you're just trying to argue with it, for the sake of arguing. You're trying to argue that the "no limit" thing is wrong, when it's not SA's fault that exists, when it's there because the people who have been writing Superman's stuff for 75 years, made it like that. We all know Goku's thing, and we also all know that eve Goku's feats can be brought into question, because Toriyama is well known to forget shit. The difference is that, with Superman, it's on purpose, as well as something that's been a thing with him for all those years, and isn't going anywhere; where as Goku, is mostly accidental. Sorry people don't want to hear about shit when it sounds like a character can do anything, but with Superman, that's always been the case. But keep blaming SA if you want, it doesn't change anything about it.

And I know no one said that...I'm guessing you didn't see the youtube comments, and idiots trying to use that one deus ex machina fight, as some stupid ass excuse to say this fight is wrong. Not to mention I wasn't talking about anyone in general here, but the fact you assumed it was directed towards you seems odd.

(edited)
It seems like you're just saying this crap, to argue. The fans have nothing to do with it, it's the fact the writers have made him stupid OP since day one. SA isn't wrong, you're just trying to argue with it, for the sake of arguing. You're trying to argue that the "no limit" thing is wrong, when it's not SA's fault that exists, when it's there because the people who have been writing Superman's stuff for 75 years, made it like that.

I'll try making things simple.

- I know it exists, but it's a theory. It's hype that forms the basis of Superman's chracter. I'm not against this facet of Superman's character existing either.

- All his feats are quantifiable, contrasting, but not contradicting, the above.

- In terms of vs battles, it's more sensible to use quantified feats instead of basing the outcome around theory.

- SA wouldn't have been wrong with having Supes beat Goku strictly using quantified feats, making the outcome based on a theory redundant and stupid.

- By SA's logic, it should be perfectly acceptable to presume Goku broke down all his limits and reached the greatest level of power he'll ever reach, just like they did with Superman.

I've broken down my argument to the bare essentials. I hope that helps you get that I'm not arguing just for the sake of it while spewing nonsensical BS like you're implying.

The last point I made in particular is the reason why SA's logic is stupid. If it's applied to Superman, it should also be applied to Goku.

And I know no one said that...I'm guessing you didn't see the youtube comments, and idiots trying to use that one deus ex machina fight, as some stupid ass excuse to say this fight is wrong.

I know what the youtube comments said. Mentioning it here as if it was relevant to me is what I don't get tho, because neither I nor anyone else said anything about it, as you said.

Edited by Galen
  • Brohoof 1

Knuckles's opponent has been confirmed.

He will be fighting:

Donkey Kong

If so, than I hope Knuckles can tank a moon level punch as that's how strong he is.

If so, than I hope Knuckles can tank a moon level punch as that's how strong he is.

If they allow Super or Hyper Knuckles he should be able to win. But if not I'm afraid he's fucked. All I can say is he's the one I'm rooting for.

If they allow Super or Hyper Knuckles he should be able to win. But if not I'm afraid he's fucked. All I can say is he's the one I'm rooting for.

Even with invulnerability, Donkey Kong has Strong Kong that also grants him invulnerability. It's a matter if they're willing to take stuff from Archie comics (where Sonic characters are one of the strongest in fiction, I'm not joking) or the video games (most likely where they're strong but no where near the lengths that the Archie comics took them).

The only things I can say Knuckles has a definite advantage in is speed and skill due to his training to be the guardian of Angel Island. DK definitely has the strength advantage though.

Even with invulnerability, Donkey Kong has Strong Kong that also grants him invulnerability. It's a matter if they're willing to take stuff from Archie comics (where Sonic characters are one of the strongest in fiction, I'm not joking) or the video games (most likely where they're strong but no where near the lengths that the Archie comics took them).

The only things I can say Knuckles has a definite advantage in is speed and skill due to his training to be the guardian of Angel Island. DK definitely has the strength advantage though.

This is a tough fight.

DONKEY KONG:

+ Much stronger

+ Probably smarter

+ More durable

+ Punched the moon out of orbit

+ Less predictable

- Less experience

- Much more slower than Knuckles

- No chance against Hyper Knuckles

KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA:

+ Much faster than DK

+ More agile

+ Better control in the battlefield, since he can plan

+ Is serious and strict in his battles

+ Has defeated Super Mecha Sonic

+ More experience

+ Has a transformation: Hyper Knuckles

+ He can heal quickly

+ Better fighter

- More predictable

- Naive

- Probably more foolish

- Is strong, but not as Donkey Kong

What is your opinion?

• Brohoof 2

This is a tough fight.

DONKEY KONG:

+ Much stronger

+ Probably smarter

+ More durable

+ Punched the moon out of orbit

+ Less predictable

- Less experience

- Much more slower than Knuckles

- No chance against Hyper Knuckles

KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA:

+ Much faster than DK

+ More agile

+ Better control in the battlefield, since he can plan

+ Is serious and strict in his battles

+ Has defeated Super Mecha Sonic

+ More experience

+ Has a transformation: Hyper Knuckles

+ He can heal quickly

+ Better fighter

- More predictable

- Naive

- Probably more foolish

- Is strong, but not as Donkey Kong

What is your opinion?

To add, DK has thunderclap (strong enough to destroy small asteroids and uproot people from the ground) as well to go along with his Strong Kong (grants him invulnerability for a limited time as his mechanic is the same as Knuckle's super form), Coconut Shooter that provides him with a gun that shoots coconuts and can be upgraded with homing ammo and increased sight range, and orange grenades. 

(edited)

Given time, I could probably see Genos from Onepunch Man reach X's level. Right now, he'd prolly be around Megaman's level tho afaik.

Edited by Galen

I want to see these 3 Death Battles unfold

Given time, I could probably see Genos from Onepunch Man reach X's level. Right now, he'd prolly be around Megaman's level tho afaik.

Really? Never watched OnePunch Man. How strong is he?

(edited)

Saitama is comfortably at moon level DC and durability himself. OBD wiki says continent level+ but considering his meteor feat created a shockwave on the moon (all the way from deep within the earth's atmosphere at that, meaning it carried over through enough distance to cover the diameters of every other planet in the solar system at least), it's arguable that his DC is much higher than what the wiki says, also considering he did it with extreme ease (like he usually does). Wiki also confirms Saitama as sub-relativistic. If we're talking about any version of X in the canon games (MMX1 through 5 and perhaps 6), X is well below Saitama, but still somewhere above Genos who sits at city level+ and hypersonic. The series still has ways to go so it's likely Genos will get a number of upgrades, particularly given that Metal Knight is implied to be considerably above Genos as well.

I could be wrong on X tho, I don't know much about their individual feats but I have in mind that it took a giant laser cannon to destroy Eurasia, which should itself be moon level feat at best. Based on what I hear, I'm fairly certain X and Zero in MMZ are well above their MMX counterparts.

Edited by Galen

Saitama is comfortably at moon level DC and durability himself. OBD wiki says continent level+ but considering his meteor feat created a shockwave on the moon (all the way from deep within the earth's atmosphere at that, meaning it carried over through enough distance to cover the diameters of every other planet in the solar system at least), it's arguable that his DC is much higher than what the wiki says, also considering he did it with extreme ease (like he usually does). Wiki also confirms Saitama as sub-relativistic. If we're talking about any version of X in the canon games (MMX1 through 5 and perhaps 6), X is well below Saitama, but still somewhere above Genos who sits at city level+ and hypersonic. The series still has ways to go so it's likely Genos will get a number of upgrades, particularly given that Metal Knight is implied to be considerably above Genos as well.

I could be wrong on X tho, I don't know much about their individual feats but I have in mind that it took a giant laser cannon to destroy Eurasia, which should itself be moon level feat at best. Based on what I hear, I'm fairly certain X and Zero in MMZ are well above their MMX counterparts.

Oh...

It wasn't a short while ago that the entire Megaman series got a massive upgrade. First, low FTL scaling from dodging and outrunning real lasers on several occasions, including fighting some bosses that had them. Then, large planet DC and durability from X4, where he beat someone whose mostly destroyed body still managed to block a planetary attack. It's pretty much all here:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=970405

Note, there's a potential star level feat by X8 that hasn't been quantified yet.