gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Bad match up ideas so far was...

Dr. Doom vs. Darth Vader

Quicksilver vs. Flash

Captain America vs. Batman

Master Chief vs. Doomguy

You're missing Blanka vs Pikachu,Gaara vs Toph,and Guts vs Nightmare.

You're missing Blanka vs Pikachu,Gaara vs Toph,and Guts vs Nightmare.

I can agree with Guts vs Nightmare. Nightmare would have had no chance at all

I agree with the first two but not with the bottom two as they're pretty similar to each other. Other than that, there's many more that I would consider more egregious matchups than what is shown.

Captain America would have had almost no chance against Batman. 

(edited)

I've been binge-watching the old Death Battles. Got some notes.

-Wiz and Boomstick sound so damn young.

-The fights are over way too quick.

-The research isn't as in depth as the newer ones.

-The terrain advantages are used more often.

-The battles have way too many conveniently placed objects.

-Characters that need to be re-used. Akuma, Wonder Woman, Mike Haggar, Zangief, Kratos, Bomberman, Dig Dug, Chun-Li, Master Chief, Doomguy, Peach, Raiden, Thor, Batman, Spiderman, Shao Kahn, M. Bison, Ryu Hayabusa, Strider, Captain America, Ryu, Scorpion, Nightmare, and Darth Vader.

That being said,I think my favorite old one is He-Man vs Lion-O. 

Edited by Gehrman

Really enjoyed and like this series, my favorite were Goku Vs Superman 2, Radian vs Wolverine & Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher.

I keep request Spyro the dragon, wanted see him in the series even he might get beat, either against Crash, or put Original Spyro vs Legend of Spyro or Skylander Spyro or whatever they throw at him. Also wanted to See The Punisher, Captain Britain, Marvel Union Jack, Cammy White & Akame & One Punch Man/Satima.

So next in line to fight is Mewtwo. So who will he fight?

Freeza seems likely if requests & 1 minute melee are to be believed. They could go the route of psychic vs. psychic and have him battle Jean Grey, which would be as big a curb stomp as much as Freeza. They've already done Digimon. Silver the Hedgehog seems a likely candidate considering his feats and also possession of psychic powers.

But that last talk gave me an idea. Freeza vs. Thanos anyone? 

Also, I'd like to see them do Castlevania's Dracula vs. Hellsing's Alucard. It's obvious who would win, but it fits the more thematic battles DB does.

(edited)

Wonder what Kim Possible vs. James Bond would be like.

Another one is Mario vs. Minecraft guy. Just imagine the greatest platform builder fighting the greatest platform hero.

Edited by cider float

• 3 weeks later...

Damn,who knew that Ronald and the Colonel could fight like that? This makes me even more eager to see a Death Battle with Ronald.

Two fan-bases filled with obnoxious kids go at it head to head!

That was lame. The battle only lasted 1 minute and 50 seconds. Felt like a Season 1 battle.

• 1 month later...

So it seems like the next battle is not just a favor to rooster teeth, but a crossover as well, as this death battle will actually be playing a significant part in the Red vs. Blue series and will be considered cannon. 

Potential future match ups based on thematic similarities rather than stats that I wouldn't mind seeing:

-Castlevania's Dracula vs. Hellsing's Alucard

-Star Wars battle: Clone Wars Rex vs. First Order Phasma 

-Han Solo vs. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly) 

-Dark Phoenix vs. Injustice Superman 

-Mytzpk vs. Bill Cypher 

-Kenshin Himura vs. Samurai Champloo 

-Ant-man vs Eren Jaeger 

-Red Skull vs. Albert Wesker

-Brolly vs. Doomsday

-Ruby (Rwby) vs. Maka (Soul Eater)

-Ultron vs. Optimus Prime

-Laura Croft vs. Kim Possible

-Megathunderzord vs. Voltron 

-The Shredder vs. Silver Samurai

-Aku vs Dormomu 

-Sub Zero vs. Ice Man

-Raven vs. Doctor Strange

-Jackie Chan (Jackie Chan adventures) vs. Jake Long (American Dragon Jake Long)

And since we can now reuse people:

-Ghost Rider vs. Spawn 

-He-man vs. Thor 

-Deathstroke vs. Punisher 

-Wonder woman vs. Kratos 

-Zatanna vs. Harry Potter

That's all I got.

For now

Edited by Denim&Venom

-Castlevania's Dracula vs. Hellsing's Alucard

Hellsings Alucard isn't really fit for a Death Battle. You'd have to put him against someone equally overpowered like Saitama

-Brolly vs. Doomsday

Brolly would get Stomped. Doomsday's strength is in the Octillions on an off day, and his speed is nothing to sneeze at. It would be as one sided as Superman vs Goku, if not more so.

-Sub Zero vs. Ice Man

Ice Man's abilities far surpass Sub Zeros. He's capable of converting his entire body to ice and overpowering an entire country with ease.

Iceman11b.jpg

It would be, pardon the pun, a flawless victory.

-Ruby (Rwby) vs. Maka (Soul Eater)

Now that one i'd like to see, though it would have to depend on WHICH version of Maka we are talking about (as the Manga and Anime take two entirely different paths). Also I don't know if she'd be allowed to use her weapon considering he's another person and one of the rules of DB is no outside help.  

Hellsings Alucard isn't really fit for a Death Battle. You'd have to put him against someone equally overpowered like Saitama

Brolly would get Stomped. Doomsday's strength is in the Octillions on an off day, and his speed is nothing to sneeze at. It would be as one sided as Superman vs Goku, if not more so.

Ice Man's abilities far surpass Sub Zeros. He's capable of converting his entire body to ice and overpowering an entire country with ease.

It would be, pardon the pun, a flawless victory.

Now that one i'd like to see, though it would have to depend on WHICH version of Maka we are talking about (as the Manga and Anime take two entirely different paths). Also I don't know if she'd be allowed to use her weapon considering he's another person and one of the rules of DB is no outside help.  

I had feelings as such. Hence why I said they'd be good for thematic match ups, rather than stat based ones. Two iconic vampires. Two dudes w/ ice powers. The arch enemies of Goku/Superman. Two girls w/ scythes. That's death battle's MO. 

I had feelings as such. Hence why I said they'd be good for thematic match ups, rather than stat based ones. Two iconic vampires. Two dudes w/ ice powers. The arch enemies of Goku/Superman. Two girls w/ scythes. That's death battle's MO. 

Fair Enough. I tend to prefer both stat and theme matchups though. My inner nerd squirmed when they pitted Quicksilver against the Flash for example. It wasn't even remotely a contest, and any animation that didn't show an instantaneous victory for the flash would have felt disingenuous, as it ended up being. 

Fair Enough. I tend to prefer both stat and theme matchups though. My inner nerd squirmed when they pitted Quicksilver against the Flash for example. It wasn't even remotely a contest, and any animation that didn't show an instantaneous victory for the flash would have felt disingenuous, as it ended up being. 

Yeah, that make sense. But in fairness to that example, who could they have fairly placed against either Flash or Quicksilver for an interesting DB? 

Yeah, that make sense. But in fairness to that example, who could they have fairly placed against either Flash or Quicksilver for an interesting DB? 

If I were choosing from the Marvel Universe I'd say The Runner 

runnersurfer1.jpg

He's the Gold guy here that sped up to Silver Surfer without him noticing. To put this in context, Silver Surfer is considerably faster than Superman, and The Runner is far faster than Silver Surfer. He's also billions of years old, which translates to tons of experience. 

If I were choosing from the Marvel Universe I'd say The Runner 

He's the Gold guy here that sped up to Silver Surfer without him noticing. To put this in context, Silver Surfer is considerably faster than Superman, and The Runner is far faster than Silver Surfer. He's also billions of years old, which translates to tons of experience. 

That would be a better fight, but is there enough material of him out there to construct a decent profile preview of him. Cause this is the first time I've heard of him. 

That would be a better fight, but is there enough material of him out there to construct a decent profile preview of him. Cause this is the first time I've heard of him. 

I've read a lot of comics, which is why I know about him. Most of Marvel's space faring Heroes and Villains aren't that well known, hell the only reason why the public knows about the Guardians of the Galaxy is because of the movie. He does have his limits and he has been surpassed by ONE other marvel character in terms of speed by the name of Makkari, but that guy is more of a sprinter than a long distance runner like The Runner or Flash. 

He has his Speed and other abilities from the Power Primordial, which is like the power cosmic on steroids (and if you are familiar with the Power Cosmic in the marvel universe, you'd know that's one hell of a statement.) You could definitely draw parallels with the Flash's Speed Force with this. 

Unlike the Speed Force though, he has to restrict his speed on a planet's surface. If he goes full speed he'll torch the atmosphere in milliseconds, while the Speed force protects the planet from such devastation regardless of how fast the Flash is going. 

Given The Runner doesn't need Air, this isn't that much of a concern for him, but the Flash moves so fast that even if he did torch the planet he could easily travel to another planet while holding his breath. 

In other words, it would be a far more interesting match than with Quicksilver, who's top speed is Mach 5, despite what Death Battle tried to construed in its matchup. 

I don't know these characters, the Meta and Caroline or whatever.

But I would really like to see Kefka from FF6 in Death Battle.

His Tower of Gods should be him at full power.

post-33597-0-52514200-1470134366_thumb.png

post-33597-0-18623800-1470135196_thumb.jpg

Edited by cider float

I didn't know who to root for.

I knew Caroline would win. From what I know about 1st person shooters, the fastest, most accurate, and greatest predicting one is the winner. Being slow is really bad in a 1st person shooter unless you're inside a tank.

Also I don't know why they named him Meta and gave him an AI that represents creativity, the name and the AI matches but the character didn't seem very creative at all.

Edited by cider float