Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private My Little Pony: Hedgehogs are Magic

Alex Night

"The servers are the seven Chaos.  Chaos is power, power enriched by the heart.  The heart is the controller.  The controller seeks to unify the Chaos."  ~Unknown, predated on the creation of the Master Emerald.

The skies were dark as a towering base stood with various machines ranging from short and stout orange robots to towering, silver-sheen hulks.  Each of them bore the face of an infamous Doctor who has the ego the size of a planet for putting his face on everything he makes.  The moon was bright and full, showering the ground in its luminescence.  Everything was looking to be a quiet night in the base of the maniacal Doctor Ivo 'Eggman' Robotnik.

However, this night would more than quiet as a creature breached the laser perimeter.  The base went into alarm as the swarms of robots rushed to their battle stations.  One of the Swatbots looked up to a ridge, scanning the individual standing upon it.  Upon successful scan, the Swatbot raised its arms to point its lasers at the figure.  "Hedgehog: Priority One."  The Swatbot relayed through the network connecting all the other robots.  As it was giving the message, the figure was gone from sight and appeared mere seconds later as a blue spinning razor.  The machine did not survive long enough to see the smirk on the hedgehog's face.

The attacker was a blue hedgehog wearing white gloves, sporting a pair of red sneakers.  "Man, Eggman.  You really gotta come up with a better ID since I'm not the only hedgehog on the planet."  The blue hedgehog said smugly as he punted the destroyed robot's head to a flying Buzz Bomber that was coming his way.  There was a beeping noise from his wrist and it drew his attention away for a moment.  "This is Sonic.  What is it, Sal?"  Sonic asked in the microphone on the wrist communicator.

"I'm guessing from all the chatter on Eggman's network that you raised the alarm, right?...  Remember, we need to bring Robotnik in alive so that he can be locked away for his crimes against South Island and the United Federation.  G.U.N. has been kind enough to send in their top agents to assist in the capture.  Robotnik has been planning something with no word as to what it is..."  The female voice on the other side of the communicator said to Sonic who was tapping his foot rather impatiently.

"I know, I know.  I'll be careful with the seven Chaos Emeralds, Sal.  He'll be ready to be locked away once I start glowing..."  Sonic said in the mic of his communicator.  A ruby-red laser bolt shot straight for his head, which Sonic just jumped aside easily.  He turned his head to where it came from which was another Swatbot being followed by small group of ten other Swatbots.  "We'll chat later, Sal.  I got some Swatbutts to crash."  Sonic said with a smirk before closing the lid on his communicator.

Sonic blew easily past one hundred and twenty miles per hour as he rushed around the Swatbots trying to get a bead on the hyper-kinetic hedgehog.  He landed on top of one Swatbot, taunting with raspberries.  "Hey, nutcases!  Over hereeeee!"  Sonic said in a tone that is speaking for provocation.  The circle of Swatbots fired on his position which he was able to dodge at the last second.  The Swatbot that he was on top of was not so lucky as it was destroyed by its metallic brothers.  As he showed off in the air a bit, there was a glint shining from the smirk on his face.  He spun in the air as he hit all of the surrounding Swatbots like a blue pinball.  Every one of them fell into a crashing heap of smoke and metal.

Sonic landed on the ground as he dusted himself off breezily.  He flipped open his communicator and adjusted the sequences before pressing the talk button.  "This is Sonic.  Can you hear me, Tails?  How's it looking from the sky?  Can you see me or the rest of the Freedom Fighters?"  Sonic asked through the microphone.  He knew that he was being backed up by Tails, Knuckles, Amy, as well as the two top agents from G.U.N.  He knew one of them was in it for the gems, but he had no idea what the other agent would be thinking.

In a different time at a different place, there was something sitting on top of a cumulus cloud.  It held hair with all colors from the rainbow with an Aqua furcoat.  This creature was known as a Pegasus called Rainbow Dash.  She is a fast and athletic pony who loves competition and never settles for anything less than the best.  Another thing that she likes doing is loafing around and taking a nap when she could, especially during cloud busting duty.  Not that she worried since she could bust up clouds in seconds.

"Ahhhhh, this is nice.  Having the sun beam down on you while you lay down on a soft cloud is second to none."  Rainbow Dash said to herself as she lay lazily with the cloud drifting her near the Everfree Forest.  Seeing how she had some free time, she decided to do some tricks for her routine.  She wanted to be in the Wonderbolts more than anybody that she knew.  Being a Wonderbolt meant that you have the speed, agility, and flying ability that very few Pegasi can compare.

She rolled off the cloud and into a free-fall.  She spread her wings apart to help achieve lift, feeling the force of the wind buffeting her wings.  She careened to her right to start her first trick on squeezing the water out of a nearby cloud.  She spun round and round as the cloud that she was squeezing was getting darker.  Eventually, raindrops started to follow her flight pattern.

Next, she flew straight upwards at blinding speeds.  She already broke the sound barrier long before she reach the altitude of over fifteen thousand feet.  She was almost to the edge of the sky that lead to places that nopony has ever ventured beyond.  Rainbow Dash smirked as she looked down at the world of Equestria below.  The raindrops that she was pulling behind her have reached her, splashing her mane and bending the light to show a small rainbow over her head.

"It's showtime."  Rainbow Dash said to herself as she immediately broke through the first sound barrier.  She knew that she needed to break through the next four barriers in order to be able to perform the Sonic Rainboom.  She had done it before three times and she knew what she needed to do.  At ten thousand feet, she was past the second sound barrier and the third five seconds later.  The next five seconds after that was the fourth sound barrier and her eyes started to water from the great speeds that she was flying at.  She was closer and closer to Ponyville, her position a little next to Pinkie Pie's workplace at Sugarcube Corner.  "Almost got it...  Just a little bit more..."  Rainbow Dash said to herself as she could feel the mach cone forming around her.  She couldn't let anything distract her from pushing past the next sound barrier for the Sonic Rainboom.

• Brohoof 3

"I can hear you loud and and clear" said Tails "Me and the others are ready when you are" Tails thought to himself "Eggman 's robots usually are more persistent than this, I guess this batch of bots might be defective." Knuckles , Amy, and himself were ready to go, they just needed the mark.

Applejack stood at her stand in the market next to Sugarcube Corner with a big smile on her face ready for the day. She had already made some good sales to a number of ponies. 

"What can I get fer you today?" She asked as June Bug approached with her saddlebags on not filled with flowers for once. June Bug looked over the apples in baskets in front of the stand checking for any bruises and other impurities. 

"I'll these five" She placed five bright red delicious apples on the counter. Applejack scooped them up and placed them on a scale next to her. 

"Seven bits" For a moment June Bug dug in her bag then tossed the gold coins onto the stand as Applejack placed the apples back on the stand next to the bits. 

"Take care" Applejack called out as June Bug walked of to go buy whatever else she needed. "Thanks" She called back.

"Another good sale" Applejack told herself as she scooped the bits into a pocket on the front of her apron. She looked back out at the crowd and watched them mill about. A few stopped and looked up into the sky with a confused look. What are they looking at?

She herself looked up to see a dot coming down from above. "What the hay?"

• Brohoof 2

Twilight, a lavender unicorn walked out of her home of the Ponyville Library "what an absolutely beautiful day" she said as she took in the fresh air when her stomach growled and looked down at it "I guess i was studying longer then i thought...hmm...I'll head to Applejack's market stand and buy a couple apples from her" with that decided she headed to where she knew her orange earth pony friend was. Within a couple minutes she saw the apple stand "hey Applejack, could i buy-...what are you staring at...?" the unicorn questioned as she walked closer to her friend and followed Applejack's gaze and saw something coming from the direction of the sky "...what in the name of Celestia is...wait a minute..." Twilight narrowed her eyes squinting and could see a trail of rainbows from behind the figure "is that...Rainbow Dash?! what is she doing?!" Twilight said loudly, her eyes widening and raising one of her hooves. 

• Brohoof 1

flying high in the sky with tails and knuckles, Amy Rose was on the wing of tails's plane. she loved to help the freedom fighters fight off egg man and his army of swat bots. But the main reason for Amy's involvement in the freedom fighters is because there is one particular blue hedgehog that she will never give up on or get tired of chasing; the closer she was to sonic, the happier shed be.

Amy felt the wind blowing through her hair. She kept her dress down and was alert. she had her piko piko hammer ready in case any flying swat bots got close to them. When sonic had contacted them on the communicator, Amy replied "we're ready sonic! lets finish this up fast!" she said

• Brohoof 1

Up in the skies of Mobius, hardly too far a distance from Sonic, laying casually in the back seat of the Tornado was the hard-headed creature loosely resembling a particular egg-laying mammal, Knuckles the Echidna. He stood a fair equal to the blue blur in height, as well as various attributes of personality, but Knuckles himself was fairly egotistical and put plenty of emphasis on being better than the equal egotism of the hedgehog, as such viewing him as a rival. There have been more than a few battles of Red vs. Blue in the past, especially considering how often the Master Emerald, which he was sworn to protect, tended to get involved.

Despite that, though, he was hardly an enemy; some could even say he was more of a friendly rival than anything. At least when you compare it to Mobius' one collective egg-shaped antagonist. Naturally, Knuckles was hardly so stubborn that he'd let a simple rivalry get in the way of working to stop Eggman once and for all, though the hundreds of prior times he's helped Sonic try and stop Eggman in the past probably already proved that by now.

The echidna nonchalantly looked over at the communicator, before picking it up lightly and saying, "Trust us, Sonic, you're hard to miss." Getting more serious with that remark, he shifted out of his relaxed position, as he clenched his fingerless fist around the communicator, saying, "... Yeah, we've got the Tornado locked and set on Eggman's base. Just say the word and we'll bring him down faster than he can crack."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hopping through the streets of Ponyville, blissfully unaware of the events in another world, is none other than the pink, sweets-loving partyholic equine herself, Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie.

Humming a soft tune as she hopped on through, she was stopped on her merry way at the sight of a nearby speed-loving friend of hers practicing her speed routine. She quickly looked up at the sight, even able to physically see the sound barrier as it stretched around Rainbow's physique. Other ponies were shocked to see Rainbow perform, but Pinkie showed no hesitation in offering her support, as she grabbed a megaphone and a pair of pompoms straight out of hammerspace, as she called out to Rainbow Dash, "C'MON DASHIE! GIVE IT ALL YOU'VE GOT! MAKE THAT SOUND BARRIER PAY! GO DASHIE GO!!!"

... Anyone from there to Canterlot could probably hear her exclamations of encouragement.

• Brohoof 2

The grass brushed gently against her hooves as she frolicked among the outside world, her skips like the littlest feathers softly hovering over the ground.

"La la la la laa." Fluttershy sang. She stopped momentarily, a cloud coming to an ease in a spring breeze. She looked with a gentle and precious smile toward the animals that nuzzled her hooves. Opening a pouch that hung over her left side on her back, she laid out carrots and seeds, a fluffy bunny nibbling the carrots and a beautiful blue jay swallowing the seeds. Fluttershy had almost began frolicking again until a squeak sounded below her. She stopped and kneeled down on all fours to find a mouse angrily tapping its foot. "Aw, I'm sorry little guy, did I miss you?" She said lovingly, craning her neck to pull a small cube of cheese from her pouch. Setting it down in the vibrant green grass, she nuzzled the cheese forward into the mouses presence. The mouse crossed its arms in disgust at the gesture. "Come on now," Fluttershy purred "It doesn't matter how small you are. I didn't miss you because of it." But the mouse only pointed accusingly at the lie. Fluttershy bent her ears back and looked down sadly. "Please just eat. Pleeease? I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." She bent her head down and met the nose of the mouse with a pleading smile. The mouse attempted at turning it's head away so as to ignore her, but it couldn't resist. It smiled in return and rolled its eyes playfully, nibbling on the cheese in front of it.

Fluttershy had once more began to frolick through the grass until a glitter of color caught her right eye. Stopping in her tracks, the pupils of her eyes grew from the size of roses to the size of pepples. She shrunk down slightly as she saw her friend Rainbowdash heading towards Ponyville at great speed. "R-Rainbowdash?" She whispered to herself, her voice wavering.

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sonic listened in as both Tails and Knuckles sounded in from his communicator, telling him that they were ready to go.  He also heard Amy Rose sound in as well.  Normally, he'd be worried about the idea of Amy being with them, but she had shown improvement and has helped out Sonic more than hindering him lately.  It might be due to how she is growing up and learning how to not play games.  It didn't help that she was still trying to win him over with her love.

"Okay, guys.  You know the drill.  We go in to capture Eggman with everything we got.  If he doesn't come quietly, then he might come with Super Sonic.  I'll work on taking down their AA guns so you guys don't get shot down from the sky."  Sonic said to the gang as he spoke of the plan that Sally gave them when planning the assault.  "Let's see if we can catch Egghead before Shadow and Rouge do."  Sonic added with a smirk before closing the communicator.  He noticed a squad of Buzzbombers heading towards the direction of the Tornado, looking to stop their progress.  He knew Tails and the others would be able to handle those things easy and looked towards a tower to use a point to survey the base in search of AA guns.  He blasted away in a boom towards the nearby watchtower, throwing the remains of the swatbot he destroyed far away from the sheer force of his speed.

He reached the top of the tower and he raised his hand above his eyes to look for the AA emplacements.  He found three of them scattered around the main hub of Eggman's base in a trinity formation to cover nearly every part of the complex.  He smirked as he bolted right towards the first one near him.  He was greeted in no time by automatic gunfire from an assortment of the Egg Gunners he fought in Soleanna.  He dashed around the automatic fire and made quick work of them with plenty of Homing Attacks in a pinball fashion.  An orange Egg Pawn showed up with a rocket launcher, which gave Sonic an idea.  He stood in front of the AA gun with a smirk.  "Hey nutcase, gimme your best shot!"  Sonic taunted the Egg Pawn who responded with lining up the launcher on Sonic's position.  It fired the rocket which flew at a quick speed, but it wasn't quick enough as Sonic just stepped casually to the side from the AA emplacement.  The rocket hit the emplacement which caused it to explode, rendering the weapon unable to do its job.  The Egg Pawn seemed surprised by the turn of events as it dropped the launcher in a clumsy manner.  Sonic jumped on top of the Egg Pawn and balanced himself in a handstand.  "Nice try, buddy."  Sonic said breezily as he kicked the Egg Pawn with his feet to send it flying into a wall, exploding in a heap of scrap metal.  "Alright, now to get the other two guns."  Sonic said as he stretched his legs a bit before heading off for the next gun.

Rainbow Dash could feel the barrier enveloping all around her as she was nearing the point of her Sonic Rainboom which would put her at Mach Ten speeds.  She could still see everything happening around her even when she was traveling at her insane speeds.  She could see Twilight's expression of shock and even Pinkie's movement to grab a megaphone....  "Wait..."  Rainbow Dash said to herself when she realized what Pinkie Pie was doing.  What entailed was a very loud cheer from Pinkie Pie that was taking her attention off maintaining her speed.  She started to slow down without thinking and that's when the barrier started to hold her back fully as if she was caught in a rubber band.

Rainbow Dash was sent flying fast in the opposite direction from the immense force of the barrier.  "Ahhhhhh, Piiiiiiiiiiiiinkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee!"  Rainbow Dash yelled angrily as she was sent flying towards the Everfree Forest.  She flew out of control for five seconds before landing within the canopy of the Everfree Forest and got knocked out from the impact.

Twilight continued to watch her friend Rainbow Dash as she was performing a Sonic Rainboom, though she knew that the Pegasus had preformed the Rainboom three times before she couldn't help but think something was going to go wrong....her thoughts were proven correct when she saw her friend Pinkie Pie appear and pulled out a megaphone, Twilight eye's went wide as she saw it "oh no..." 

Twilight quickly covered her ears as Pinkie yelled into the megaphone "Pinkie!!! stop!!" the purple unicorn yelled out to her friend but the warning came too late as she saw Rainbow get pulled out of her concentration and got slingshotted towards the Everfree Forest "Rainbow!!!" Twilight gasped and quickly turned towards her two Earth pony friends "Applejack, Pinkie Pie, let's go! hurry!" she exclaimed as she quickly galloped towards the forest.

Fluttershy watched with twitching, flopping, vibrating, ears and eyes that stared in shock as Rainbowdash went headed for the Everfree Forest. Her instant reaction was to go galloping towards her friend, until she caught some sense in herself. "Th-the Everfree Forest?!" She squeaked. She began to gallop wildly in place, shooting her eyes back and forth in frantic decision. "Rainbow is in trouble!" She quietly yelled to herself. "Oh but she landed in the Everfree Forest!" She plunked her flank down on the ground biting her lower lip. Her eyes twitching to the left, she caught glimpse of a rock, and fled underneath it. She lifted the rock above her head slightly, her eyes peeking out. "Oh you've gotta help her! I've gotta help her! Rainbow is in trouble!" She said nervously. She then switched to a frightened tone. "B-but the monsters! The creatures! The scary, eerie dark forest, and all the faces in the trees!" Then Fluttershy switched over to a near angry tone. "No!" She pushed the rock off from on top of her, and proudly flew into the air, two feet above the ground. "I. Must. Help. Rainbowdash!" She quietly shouted to herself. Then she whimpered slightly, and fell to the ground.

From afar, Angel the bunny had been watching, its paw slapping the front of it's face in frustration. He hopped over toward Fluttershy's hoof, and stamped his foot against it. Fluttershy looked up, tears dwelling in her eyes. Angel stamped her hoof again, and Fluttershy looked down to meet the eyes of the bunny. It began squeaking like mad, pointing with both fingers towards the forest, hopping and pouncing the ground and yanking it's ears. Then, protruding it's lower lip out toward the left, Angel thrusted his arms down, looking angrily at Fluttershy. Fluttershy wiped the tears from her eyes. "You-you're right! I should go!" She stuttered. Angel straightened his posture and crossed his arms with satisfaction, only Fluttershy began biting her hooves. "But...maybe we could just...have some tea first?" She asked. The bunny scoffed at this, and frantically, with boiling frustration, laid down on its back, and used both legs, kicking Fluttershy's hoof. "O-oh. Okay. Right! I'll just go." She spoke with half confidence, and proceeded to stare at the Forest in fear. Angel sighed greatly, and seeing that she still would go nowhere, hopped behind her, dug his heels into the ground, and pushed his back against Fluttershy, trying to push her forward. "Oh! Okay..." Fluttershy sighed. She finally began to move forward, and off toward the forest.

Angel, finally feeling the job was done, hopped into Fluttershy's home, and was nearing closing the door until Fluttershy came back in a yellow flash, zooming past him and stopping directly behind him. Fluttershy stared into Angel as steam came out the bunnys' ears. "Oh! Will you be able to take care of yourself while I'm gone?" Fluttershy asked taking a few great breaths shortly after. Angel crooked his head, and stamped her hoof again and squeaked loudly. "Oh...okay then!" Fluttershy exclaimed, zooming back out her home and to the forest. Angel once more, now prepared to slam it, put his tiny paw to the door, until Fluttershy came back yet again, this time running her muzzle into the bunnys face. The sudden stop caused Fluttershy's hooves to kick up in the air behind her. She had to spread her wings and flap to stop herself from hitting the ground. "OH!" Fluttershy gasped through more breaths. "Remember...to eat...and take...your bath! I have it...set up...on the counter." She then collapsed on the floor. Angels face then turned bright red, and he kicked Fluttershy in the rear, sending her flying out her door. He then slammed and locked the door as quickly as possible, sighing with relief, as he slid to the floor. A sudden bang against the door caused him to sit up and cringe. It banged again and again and again and then..."Oh...okay! I-I'll just go now..." Fluttershy said from the other side of the door. And with that, taking a great gulp at the entrance, she entered the Everfree Forest, her eyes looking frantically in all directions as she proceeded, a whimpering noise coming from her as she went.

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

Listening to sonic respond of the communicator, Amy smiled because she loved to hear sonic's voice. he was the best being on the front line destroying a thousands and thousands of swatbots. she loved him and wasnt going to stop impressing sonic until he would love her back. After sonic cut the communication to go take out some AA guns, Amy noticed some buzz bombers heading their way. Amy readied her piko piko hammer by grabbing it with her two hands and swinging it back to smash those pesky bots out of the sky. "Incoming Tails!" she shouted as the buzz bombers where in range. As the buzz bombers got close to them, Amy swung her hammer smashing one to pieces. she grabbed onto the wing of the tornado as the force of the swing made her loose balance. she regained her balance and swung at some more taking out a few more. some of the buzz bombers started shooting, the shots nearly hit Amy as she ducked down to avoid them. after moaning Amy looked up at Tails and yelled, "Do something Tails!!"