Commission! Apple Fritter

Bugplayer

(edited)

Hai there everyone! :D

I recently got a commission from someone on DeviantArt, the 4th time from him 0.0

And wanted to try shading with color again, because the last time I did, it gave really interesting result.

The piece feature Lavender Fritter, a background pony from the Apple Familly.

She's actually seen in 2 different color palette, one in green hair and one in purple hair.

I'm really satisfied by how it turned out! The shading is in my opinion, the smoothest I've ever made.

But enough with the chit chat, here it is:

Also, that Fritter looks simply delicious. The pastry...

img-2479386-1-lavender_fritter_by_bugpla

Source: http://bugplayer.deviantart.com/art/Lavender-Fritter-444639795

Like always, I would like to have some of these delicious negative critics.

But of course, I won't mind positives as well!  ;)

Edited by Bugplayer
  • Brohoof 10

That's over the top cute! (Though, not beating Fluttershy. :P) But I somehow mistook her as Scootaloo due to the similarities of the mane color and design, and the coat color. But despite that, 9.5/10. Now excuse me as I inject some adrenaline to my heart that has stopped responding as a result of the cuteness. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh wow that's awesome!  Only problem I can really notice is how odd the tongue looks, looks a bit swollen on the tip.

Wait, ponies tongues aren't like that? Well, that's pretty silly of my part, but I think it's adds a little touch of adorableness.

Either way, thanks! ^^

That's over the top cute! (Though, not beating Fluttershy. :P) But I somehow mistook her as Scootaloo due to the similarities of the mane color and design, and the coat color. But despite that, 9.5/10. Now excuse me as I inject some adrenaline to my heart that has stopped responding as a result of the cuteness. :P

Haha! You must be the 3rd person that tells me she looks like Scootaloo.  :muffins:

But that't pretty true actually. Same top mane, same eyes color, same coat color. 

I bet Scootaloo would pretty much look like her when she's older, if it weren't of her rebel side  :squee:

Edited by Bugplayer

If I'm not mistaken, Scoot's eyes are magenta(?), so there's still a difference, but still, I fell for it. :P

Oh, they are magenta actually. Sorry, I have the Derp today 9.6

Awh! So cute! ^^ That biscuit (or whatever it is) is making me hungreh D:

Thanks! ^^

And It's called a fritter, which is kind of related to her name, and her cutie mark :P

• Brohoof 1

Actually her name is Lavender Fritter... So that means that she's a deep fried pie with flowers inside of it... AWESOME.

But also I really like it. Quite a nice little picture

• Brohoof 1

Actually her name is Lavender Fritter... So that means that she's a deep fried pie with flowers inside of it... AWESOME.

But also I really like it. Quite a nice little picture

I think I mentioned on a comment above that I had the derp today, you just proved I was right! :3

Ans yes, she is called Lavender Fritter, her name is even properly stated in my DeviantArt description, made a mistake :P

Hmm... Lavender pastries, but hey, if they eat sandwiches mad of daisies maybe it may be delicious for them  ;)

SO ADORABLE!!!!! She is so freaking CUTE!!

I know right? ^^

I really love how the shading turned out. Every part of her body is well defined and the shadows in overall are really smooth!

Thanks Pinkie!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I know right? ^^

I really love how the shading turned out. Every part of her body is well defined and the shadows in overall are really smooth!

Thanks Pinkie!  :lol:

Haha, Pinkie! :D You're very welcome! :D

• Brohoof 1

I was excited to see Apple Fritter! Alas, it is Lavender (as has been mentioned a few times). Apple Fritter is my favorite bg pony ever, of all time. -_-

• Brohoof 1

Amazing work, as usual 8.5/10. It is adorable, not only is the style awesome, but you also demonstrate a very high level of technical skill. I can't really think of any critiques for you, but if you are trying to improve, taking on a challenge such as experimenting with backgrounds or different textures, etc. might be an interesting way to continue building on your skill set.

• Brohoof 1

I was excited to see Apple Fritter! Alas, it is Lavender (as has been mentioned a few times). Apple Fritter is my favorite bg pony ever, of all time. -_-

Yeah Apple fritter is really an interesting background character :P

Amazing work, as usual 8.5/10. It is adorable, not only is the style awesome, but you also demonstrate a very high level of technical skill. I can't really think of any critiques for you, but if you are trying to improve, taking on a challenge such as experimenting with backgrounds or different textures, etc. might be an interesting way to continue building on your skill set.

It's been a long time since I want to start on backgrounds. But for some reasons I prefer to put all my efforts on the pony itself. 

But yeah! I'm probably going to so a few background attempts in the future. That would be so much fun!

Also, Thanks for the feedback ^^

i saw this on da!! isnt fav on my part

Hmm... Don't quite understand the ''Isn't fav on my part'' bit, but I'll assume it's positive. In that case, thanks!  :squee:

Please excuse me while I go over there and scream, due to the amazing amount of adorableness.

I find it pretty adorable my self, which is a good thing haha! :lol:

Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...