Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc That Shrinking Feeling (Adventure)

I used to be a stranger

(edited)

The moment you suggested Anala shooting the bee, I thought of the following series of events:

>Anala draws an arrow

>Anala calls Blaze to get his attention

>Blaze looks up at Anala, giving her a clear shot

>Roll probability of success

>>High roll means excellent shot on the bee

>>Low roll means miss

>>Very low roll means hit on Blaze

>>>Secondary roll if bee leaves, if Blaze is hit. His luck might be such that it doesn't.

Edited by Blue

The moment you suggested Anala shooting the bee, I thought of the following series of events:

>Anala draws an arrow

>Anala calls Blaze to get his attention

>Blaze looks up at Anala, giving her a clear shot

>Roll probability of success

Why would we need to do all this for Anala to fire?

Could you please clarify this statement in regards to your intentions?

Well, it wouldn't be much fun if Anala just had to shoot an arrow and the threat was gone. I thought perhaps something (IDK what) happens that deprives her of her weaponry, so the group has to find another way to get past the bee.

The bee is not an obstacle. It was supposed to be a sort of comedic way of getting us going rather than padding out a 200-minimum character post of "And so, they started walking".

Oh, I see. Like that humongous drop of water at the beginning.

I have an idea I'd like to put forth for an obstacle, though:

When we're in the library, Spike is sweeping, so we have to avoid the broom.

(edited)

Noted. Anybody else got some things they want to see? I already have some, but being able to try this kind of story again some time would be pretty neat...

I know right! I PM'd a friend to talk about this RP, and they said that they wished they found it when it started.

I've had ideas for new shrinking RPs that seemed like Hollywood material at the time, but now... not so much.

For example, as a direct sequel to this one, I had the idea that ponies can voluntarily go to the library to be shrunk by the flower, and then placed into an obstacle course.

(I was thinking that if there were limited spots, you wouldn't be allowed to join if you were in the first one... I'm just glad I found this before all the spots were taken...)

I'm presuming, @Blue, that you want me to wait for you to determine whether Anala's arrow hits the bee?

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

(edited)

The first shot has a high chance of failure.

If a second shot is taken, it has a chance of failure.

If a third shot is taken, it has a very high chance of success.

If a fourth shot is taken, it has a moderate chance of success.

@@Rainbow Eclipse, are you going to take the shot?

Edited by Blue

The scaled distance to cover for our PCs is equivalent to about a mile, or two and a half kilometers. Players are encouraged to have conversation if they wish, or notice sights along the way.

Don't worry about Blaze, he'll cool off.

(edited)

@@Blue,

Also, I followed the thread, and I'm still not getting any notifications. Anyone else having the problem? If so, might be time to use the Mention feature.

@@Blue@@Rainbow Eclipse

@@DukeofCanterlot@@Scribblegroove 

The site is having problems with it's tracking features at the moment. They still work for me, but they're broken for a lot of people... As much as I hate using mentions in roleplays, it may be a good idea. Maybe just put them in really tiny font right at the top right hand corner of the post?

That way it still looks unobtrusive?

Edited by Kay Dreamer

@@Blue@@Rainbow Eclipse

@@DukeofCanterlot@@Scribblegroove 

The site is having problems with it's tracking features at the moment. They still work for me, but they're broken for a lot of people... As much as I hate using mentions in roleplays, it may be a good idea. Maybe just put them in really tiny font right at the top right hand corner of the post?

That way it still looks unobtrusive?

I guess it's not all that big of a deal. Use mentions.

This situation I described actually happened. Only I was a normal sized human... And there were normal sized bees... And I actually really screamed and ran away... I am terrified of those things :c

Now go ahead and laugh at him. XD

@@Scribblegroove,

Tempted, but Kay learned her lesson the first time. She's trying rather hard not to bruise his ego again. xD (How effective that proves remains to be seen.)

Though, funny story... I currently work retail at an electronics store when I'm not on prac. I was clearing away an old display when I saw a BIG dead fly on the shelf. Not exactly uncommon in Australia. Anyway, I went to grab it by the wing with a fingernail so I could throw it in the bin and it BUZZED. I NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK, I thought it was dead! I screamed and ran over to the counter, where my workmates were looking at me like I'd gone mad. I was wheezing with laughter as I gabbled at them that it was a dead fly and it buzzed and they just started doubling over. It was utterly hilarious. Embarrassing, but hilarious.

I call it, "Attack Of The Zombie Fly"

Then there was the "Attack Of The Possessed Receipt Printer," which was also my fault, but that's a whole 'nother story.

• Brohoof 2

@@Scribblegroove,

Tempted, but Kay learned her lesson the first time. She's trying rather hard not to bruise his ego again. xD (How effective that proves remains to be seen.)

Though, funny story... I currently work retail at an electronics store when I'm not on prac. I was clearing away an old display when I saw a BIG dead fly on the shelf. Not exactly uncommon in Australia. Anyway, I went to grab it by the wing with a fingernail so I could throw it in the bin and it BUZZED. I NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK, I thought it was dead! I screamed and ran over to the counter, where my workmates were looking at me like I'd gone mad. I was wheezing with laughter as I gabbled at them that it was a dead fly and it buzzed and they just started doubling over. It was utterly hilarious. Embarrassing, but hilarious.

Then there was the "Attack Of The Possessed Receipt Printer," which was also my fault, but that's a whole 'nother story.

*purchases movie rights*

Anyway, is @DukeofCanterlot still in this RP?

*purchases movie rights*

Anyway, is @DukeofCanterlot still in this RP?

Been crazy busy, I know it's been three weeks.

I can probably only contribute on weekends now, but am still interested.

Haven't logged on to the site in a while.

@@Scribblegroove,

Flies are good at that scaring stuff.

@@DukeofCanterlot,

Well, perhaps we should slow down a little for you to keep up.

Also, I've been thinking of drawing scenes from this RP to get some much-needed practice (no promises). Should I draw your OC with the head shape of a mare, like the picture shows, or a stallion?

*tries to imagine Kay Dreamer in the art style of the show*

@@DukeofCanterlot,

Well, perhaps we should slow down a little for you to keep up.

Also, I've been thinking of drawing scenes from this RP to get some much-needed practice (no promises). Should I draw your OC with the head shape of a mare, like the picture shows, or a stallion?

Stallion would be great, unless it's for that gender bend idea in the tower.

Yeah, I tend to draw ponies in my own style rather than strictly following the style of the show. Not to say I can't, but I like inserting my own artistic flair. =D

I'd love to see your art! Especially scenes from this roleplay. You're more than welcome to throw things at me for critique if you're looking for tips.

Yeah, I tend to draw ponies in my own style rather than strictly following the style of the show. Not to say I can't, but I like inserting my own artistic flair. =D

I'd love to see your art! Especially scenes from this roleplay. You're more than welcome to throw things at me for critique if you're looking for tips.

It's not that I don't like your style - it's very unique, and I hope you're proud - it's just that I can't imitate it, and if I could, it would look a little awkward if different ponies were being drawn in different styles.

As for the art, it really more of a passing thought than a promise. Plus I don't have easy access to a scanner. But seeing as summer vacation just started over here, that'll buy me some time.

The falling scene is the first thing I have in mind.

It's not that I don't like your style - it's very unique, and I hope you're proud - it's just that I can't imitate it, and if I could, it would look a little awkward if different ponies were being drawn in different styles.

Oh, of course! One thing I absolutely love is seeing my own characters drawn in other people's styles. If you were to draw Kay, I wouldn't want you to copy the way I draw her! I'd want you to interpret her in your own way, be it more true to show-style, or something completely different. (If I were to draw Anala, I would also draw her in my own style rather than imitating another.)

There's something fabulous about how ever artist has these unique little nuances that make their art 'theirs'. You see it in visual art, music, writing, everything. They're something to be treasured.