Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc That Shrinking Feeling (Adventure)

I used to be a stranger

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Everyone's been busy this summer too, I gather.

In regards to the whole of the story, we're somewhere in the realm of half way through, perhaps a bit farther. The ending has some options depending upon how we want it oriented-- action-y, puzzle-y, platform-y, more traveling around, or to just end it abruptly.

Edited by Blue

*tries to decide between choices as if I was trying to decide what candy to get*

Hrm... anyway, quick question:

*PAFAOW!* with a bright flash and burst of energy, arcs shot through the air right from the glass to each of their eyes. Each pony seemed to explode with sparkles, as their shape suddenly vanished inwards. The sparkles faded, and in that sudden moment, they all saw each other. Their tiny selves, hovering there at eye-level, stared at each other disbelief of such a change. Then, as promptly as they had each popped down to the size of a marble, they all looked down and saw the perilous fall below them. With comic tension, they all looked up at each other again, before plummeting.

Did our OCs realise they were shrunk as soon as it happened, or did they have to hit the ground first?

*tries to decide between choices as if I was trying to decide what candy to get*

Hrm... anyway, quick question:

Did our OCs realise they were shrunk as soon as it happened, or did they have to hit the ground first?

Bright flash, then they could see that they were tiny. Then they fell.

@@Blue,

Hm... I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if I was in the sky.

But you're the GM, so I guess what you say goes. *bows down to you, for you are my God*

Anyway, here's yet another idea I'd like to put forth.

Perhaps the moon rises before we reach the library, and since it's too dangerous to continue, we go to sleep. and take it in turns to be on sleepwatch.

@@Blue,

*is relieved to discover that I'm not annoying*

That aside, I don't think I thought it through properly. I was just like, "We're tiny, bad things are gonna happen". But I didn't think what those bad things might be.

Perhaps we have to avoid being seen by ponies on a late-night stroll.

I'm totally down with them stopping for the night. (The attic of Sugarcube Corner may finally present them with a safe, warm place for them to do so.) It'd be a good chance for each pony to stop and reflect, and maybe get a little more character interaction and light-heartedness in.

Eclipse's idea of taking turns to keep watch is lovely too.

:squee:

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

It's a common thing among artists. It's what draws us to art, writing and music in the first place. Usually gets better with time, but you should know you are highly creative and your writing ability has come along so quickly in the past few months it's amazing. You should be very proud! There are people twice your age can't write half as well.

:proud:

@@Blue, @@Scribblegroove,

For the record, I know I can post a response with Kay now, though I've become so accustomed to the EqE rule of 'wait two posts between your own before posting again' that it feels wrong somehow. If everyone else is cool with me posting again directly after Eclipse's, I'll do so.

@@Rainbow Eclipse@@Kay Dreamer

Scribble is just a big crybaby. He can't see a positive side in a situation like this. Everything is a disaster.

Think of him like this: (From 0:40)

He could've been bit more bright if everything would've been more predictable, but if things don't go like he expects it he just becomes grumpy. But maybe getting a moment to sleep will help him calm down.

You get the green light from me as well Kay, though I can post shortly inbetween as well if you think that makes you feel better :)

@@Scribblegroove,

The lady in the video... does she represent Kay or Anala? (Or perhaps Blaze or Crunchy?  ^_^)

Also, that Baltimare RP where he meets Scarlet... does that take place before this one? I'd love to see his reaction to the possibility that Scarlet is strolling through Ponyville...

I'm totally down with them stopping for the night. (The attic of Sugarcube Corner may finally present them with a safe, warm place for them to do so.) It'd be a good chance for each pony to stop and reflect, and maybe get a little more character interaction and light-heartedness in.

Eclipse's idea of taking turns to keep watch is lovely too.

:squee:

FxKMWEL.png

I've actually felt I've had a hard time characterizing Blaze in my own mind. Perhaps a time to think might do us good. Food is abundant, as long as PCs are willing to eat grasses and flowers that grow basically at eye-level for them.

@@Blue,

I like him a lot. You're doing a great job playing your first OC for the first time (as far as I know) The curious and peppy traits don't feel forced in just so he'd have an excuse to touch the magnifying glass. IMO, they flow well with him, and he demonstrates those characteristics throughout the story.

10/10, would date.

He's my first serious attempt at making a pony OC, but he is not the first character I've ever created for an RP.

Admittedly my first ever was sort of a mary-sue in some ways (in terms of his skill-set) but his characteristics definitely were defiant of common traits in the RP where he was. (A space adventure RP-- everyone else was  a pirate blood thirsty type. My guy was a 50-year old bearded former cruise ship captain who didn't smoke and didn't drink.)

@@Blue,

Ah, I see. (We need more space adventure RPs)

I remember looking at his character page. I remembered his stout, bulky body type, but not his age. I checked again, and was certainly not expecting him to be nineteen. (I don't mean that in a bad way, JTLYK) That would be an interesting conversation topic between Blaze and Anala.