Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01: EP60 - Scents of Adventure

Props Valroa

I found this to be an interesting episode, with the flowers - and how nature connects with magic. I hope more is done with that concept, but I found it to be quite normal in it's humor. I find the whole "Mob" Humor with the background ponies acting akin to a mob ready to throw vegetables, to be something that is largely overdone. 

• Brohoof 3

I love it when my two favorite ponies Pipp Petals and Izzy Moonbow spend time together and that's what  Scents of Adventure delivered! 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

This is one of the stranger episodes of the series. Gotta love how it's becoming a recurring theme of Pipp bringing ruin to Bridlewood. First time, it was ghosts stealing ponies' voices, now it's...the forest falling apart because she picked a whole field of flowers? Wuh? :zipp-wut: And then the perfume attracts the animals in Maretime Bay all the way from Bridlewood, conveniently bringing Sunny and Hitch with them...like, it has some funny moments, like Hitch somehow being able to smell law and order, it's just definitely nowhere near as good as Sparkle School or Moon Festival. 

• Brohoof 1

Ugh, Izzy!  Well, at least she's only annoying in the beginning, and less so afterwards.  This is an odd episode as it both treads past ground, while also trying something new, but again, will unlikely be of any consequence to future episodes.  Also, it's as if the writers of the various episodes have an idea on how to worldbuild, but want to skip the actual worldbuilding part.  Oh well, this episode does its job of entertaining for five minutes, and I suppose it does have a good environmental message, even if it's clumsily implemented, and it's actually clear what the moral of the episode is for a change.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems like Pipp and the Bridlewood Forest don't really get along. The premise of Pipp causing problems for the Bridlewood forest (or vise versa) has been done multiple times already, and it's starting to get a bit repetitive. On top of that, the Bridlewood forest being so finnicky has soured me a bit on the location as well. Is picking a patch of flowers all it takes to cause this place to crumble? The episode had entertaining aspects, but its premise just felt lazy. 

Also, are the writers ever going to set a limit on what Earth Pony magic can do? It was a neat concept at first, but its execution has been somewhat irritating at times.