11 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Storyline?

• Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Miles "Tails" Prower
    • Knuckles the Echidna
    • Amy Rose
    • Big the Cat
    • E-102 Gamma

One of my favorite 3D Sonic the Hedgehog games is Sonic Adventure. I typically like Sonic Adventure 1 more than Sonic Adventure 2, though. I don't know, SA2 just seems too much like SA1 for my tastes. But, I digress, Sonic Adventure had six playable stories; Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, Big the Cat, and E-102 Gamma, plus a final story after completing them all. Some of the stories in that game were pretty short, too. But, out of all of the stories, which character's story did you enjoy the most. (Yes, you can have more than one)

My favorite is Tails. Not only because it was fun, but it sort of teaches the player a lesson at the end; the lesson of independence. Learning to do things by yourself and not having to rely on others all the time.

PLus, I love his theme :3 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DizopdPMBw

post-18066-0-34772300-1378005837.jpg

Edited by Stevenearthpony
  • Brohoof 1

Oh God...TAILS! TAILS! TAILS!

I absolutely loved his story mode, it was always so fun and plus you got to fly..that's just awesome.

I adored every moment of his story line.

Plus...he looks so adorable~

tails-with-emerald.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Final chapter forever!!!!!!!!!

But of the character story arcs.... :lol:

Gameplay-wise I would have to say Gamma or Tails. There's just something about fast-paced destruction and racking up the points or getting to the end of a course before Sonic can even get halfway that makes me feel like a god. I like feeling like a god in my games. :lol:

For story I particularly liked Amy's though I wish she would have had a few more levels. I also think they could have been a little more creative in the ways that Zero tried to capture her. Plus I can't be the only one who finds it fun to yell "rape" every time I play her story, right? ... Right?

• Brohoof 2

I liked playing though Sonic's story the most because it was fast paced. Blazing through levels like Speed Highway was always a blast. I really liked playing as Amy too because there was a sense of urgency because your constantly being chased and I really like her theme song.  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I loved playing through Tail's, Gamma's and Sonic's story the most. From just going really fast from point A to B with Sonic to racing Sonic through all of the levels with Tails to killing everything in sight while racking up points and causing mass chaos among the enemies with Gamma. I found those three stories to interest me the most out of all the stories.

• Brohoof 1

Gamma. His ending really stuck with me.. It was quite touching. The final boss was so intense, fighting his own brother... And his playthrough as a whole was really emotional to me..

Not to mention that all of the robots were pretty awesome but especially Epsilon and Beta's fights. Sonic Team knows how to make things badass but I'm really sad that they haven't done much with badassery in years. :(

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna go with Gamma, big time. It was an interesting perspective, something that was definately new for the Sonic franchise for the time, seeing a typical encounter between Eggman and Sonic from the POV of one of the flickies enslaved inside of one of Eggman's robots. And how sad that story can be when you think about it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm gonna go with Gamma, big time. It was an interesting perspective, something that was definately new for the Sonic franchise for the time, seeing a typical encounter between Eggman and Sonic from the POV of one of the flickies enslaved inside of one of Eggman's robots. And how sad that story can be when you think about it.

That reminds me that we haven't seen the Flickies since Sonic Adventure. I guess they were replaced by the Chao as the series "animal mascot".

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have a favorite but my first instinct says sonic's, though that may just be bias =P

I will forever hate big and his story line because of that stupid mechanic that never let me finish the game.

I will always have a place in my heart of gamma's story. it's so sad just thinking about it makes me tear up

Edited by silverreverb
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really have a favorite but my first instinct says sonic's, though that may just be bias =P

I will forever hate big and his story line because of that stupid mechanic that never let me finish the game.

I will always have a place in my heart of gamma's story. it's so sad just thinking about it makes me tear up

What never let you finish the game? Do you mean like a glitch or you just didn't like playing in Big's story with the fishing and stuff?

What never let you finish the game? Do you mean like a glitch or you just didn't like playing in Big's story with the fishing and stuff?

well I played when I was younger. I never figured out how to get past big's ice level and I died often trying to find froggy. one day the dreamcast stopped working and a few months later the disc broke with the big story still unfinished.

I guess it's not entirely big's fault but that fishing mechanic irritated me so much. so much so that it still annoys me

I'm sure if I played it now I could finish the game now problem and finally get to fight perfect chaos

well I played when I was younger. I never figured out how to get past big's ice level and I died often trying to find froggy. one day the dreamcast stopped working and a few months later the disc broke with the big story still unfinished.

I guess it's not entirely big's fault but that fishing mechanic irritated me so much. so much so that it still annoys me

I'm sure if I played it now I could finish the game now problem and finally get to fight perfect chaos

If you have a Gamecube, Wii, PS3 or 360 you can give it another go. I would highly recommend it because the final chapter is absolutely worth going through parts of the game you don't like to get to it. <3

As for the ice level...Yeah I can see how that'd be frustrating if you can't figure it out. You gotta throw the rocks at the ice which breaks a hole into it, pretty sure it has to be a specific part of it too, and you can fish through there. Luckily Big's story is beatable in less than an hour. He has very few levels. Not as few as Amy though.

• Brohoof 1

That reminds me that we haven't seen the Flickies since Sonic Adventure. I guess they were replaced by the Chao as the series "animal mascot".

I like the Chao, though. Spent a lot of time in the Chao Gardens when I was a kid. I still think they should bring back the Chao Garden some time in the future, even more advanced then ever. x3

• Brohoof 1

I like the Chao, though. Spent a lot of time in the Chao Gardens when I was a kid. I still think they should bring back the Chao Garden some time in the future, even more advanced then ever. x3

Oh I love the chao them too, I was just saying. :P

I never cared for the Chao Gardens though. I dunno what it is about high-maintenance breeding stuff but I've never been able to get into them. Maybe I'd like it more if there was more to do with them than just cheer them on in the races or fights. I wish they were a little more manual and that they had more and there was an actual reason to do them like maybe special items to use in the main game.

So I love the Chao as characters but I hate their gameplay mechanics. :P

Edited by Discordian

If you have a Gamecube, Wii, PS3 or 360 you can give it another go. I would highly recommend it because the final chapter is absolutely worth going through parts of the game you don't like to get to it. <3

As for the ice level...Yeah I can see how that'd be frustrating if you can't figure it out. You gotta throw the rocks at the ice which breaks a hole into it, pretty sure it has to be a specific part of it too, and you can fish through there. Luckily Big's story is beatable in less than an hour. He has very few levels. Not as few as Amy though.

huh, didn't know they were on current gen systems. thanks for letting me know, finishing this game has always been on the top of my video game to-do list

The Sonic games after SA 1 and 2 are good in their own ways, but I've noticed a lack of focus on storytelling. I think because of the bad response they got from Sonic 2006, they decided to remove the storyline element of the series and keep it simple.

The Sonic games after SA 1 and 2 are good in their own ways, but I've noticed a lack of focus on storytelling. I think because of the bad response they got from Sonic 2006, they decided to remove the storyline element of the series and keep it simple.

I really loved 06's story and I really wish they'd go back to the more serious storylines. I know pretty much everyone sees it differently but I don't feel like cartoony and silly works for Sonic very well.

huh, didn't know they were on current gen systems. thanks for letting me know, finishing this game has always been on the top of my video game to-do list

Quite welcome. Keep in mind though that the version offered on Xbox Live and Playstation Network is the Dreamcast version and if you want the extra stuff added in the Gamecube version you have to pay extra for it. I dunno if that matters to you at all but just a heads up.

Oh I love the chao them too, I was just saying. :P

I never cared for the Chao Gardens though. I dunno what it is about high-maintenance breeding stuff but I've never been able to get into them. Maybe I'd like it more if there was more to do with them than just cheer them on in the races or fights. I wish they were a little more manual and that they had more and there was an actual reason to do them like maybe special items to use in the main game.

So I love the Chao as characters but I hate their gameplay mechanics. :P

I grew pretty attached to them, like having a pet who slowly learned how to talk or something. Though I have a feeling that if I picked up the Chao Garden today, I'd find it pretty bland.

Discordian, do you read the sonic comic? In my opinion, it has a storyline more equivalent to SA and SA2, and an art style similar to it to boot. Although in recent issues, it's shifted from the way it used to be, which is alright too. My favorite period though is Sonic issue 160-222, and Sonic Universe 1-44. If you haven't tried it, I think Sonic Universe issue 1 is free on some downloadable markets.

Oh. Sonic Adventure. How I love this game so. I was just thinking about it today. Sonic's story is my absolute favourite. It's classic. There is nothing better than a simple "run around and get to the goal" kind of thing while enjoying some awesome music and the scenes in the stage. I've completed it 3 times in English and 2 times in Japanese.

Edited by Dism