Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask the Sonic Heroes!

Samurai Equine

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

So, Sonic, I've seen a Arcade version of you in a Disney Animated Film (Wreck it Ralph/Ralph Breaks the Internet) who was very familiar with the Internet. Are you familiar with this version of him? If you are, what do you think of him?

Eznh9Y1.png I am that version! *Puts on sunglasses* And I think I'm awesome. As someone who's all ready famous, why wouldn't I be in a movie?

1YO4MPX.png Appearing in Wreck-It Ralph isn't exactly an alternate version of us. It's more like breaking the 4th wall; peering behind the curtain of our usual game adventures so that we can interact with other video game and animated characters. Kind of like when we appeared on "OK K.O! Let's Be Heroes.".

nEio02c.png How come I'm not getting invited to any this?!

Edited by Samurai Equine

1 minute ago, Samurai Equine said:

Eznh9Y1.png I am that version! *Puts on sunglasses* And I think I'm awesome. As someone who's all ready famous, why wouldn't I be in a movie?

1YO4MPX.png Appearing in Wreck-It Ralph isn't exactly an alternate version of us. It's more like breaking the 4th wall; peering behind the curtain of our usual game adventures so that we can interact with other video game and animate characters. Kind of like when we appeared on "OK K.O! Let's Be Heroes.".

nEio02c.png How come I'm not getting invited to any this?!

Sonic, Some say you telling Ralph about the Internet makes sense given your huge online fanbase.

And while there are fans like me who enjoy your games even the less-than-stallar ones, there are very vocal ones who tend to raise a huge stink over the littlest things in your games and stuff.

What do you think of those critical fans and what advice can you give when it comes to dealing with said fans?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Sonic, Some say you telling Ralph about the Internet makes sense given your huge online fanbase.

And while there are fans like me who enjoy your games even the less-than-stallar ones, there are very vocal ones who tend to raise a huge stink over the littlest things in your games and stuff.

What do you think of those critical fans and what advice can you give when it comes to dealing with said fans?

Eznh9Y1.png Oh boy, this again... I try not to sweat the small stuff, including the upset fans. The world's too big, and there's too much I haven't done yet to care about stuff like that! As long as I can keep running towards tomorrow, that's all that matters. Hey Tails, what was that phrase you used for situations like this?

1YO4MPX.png "Everyone's a critic". Not all of our adventures appeal to everyone, but then again, not everything our fans do appeal to us. So I guess there's an even trade there.

BrRgPR2.png Personally, I think inserting OCs into Forces was the worst thing the franchise has ever done. As if I need more enemies to worry about! The Adventure games were way better...

1 hour ago, DivineHeart1000 said:

Dear Sonic, what's been your favorite adventure?

Eznh9Y1.png Great question! But unfortunately, I can't really pick one! They've all held a special place in my heart. I've made new friends, seen great places, and run into greater obstacles that really challenged me to step it up. And each adventure I complete just makes me all the more excited for the next...

BrRgPR2.png I like the adventures where the bad guys win for a change!

1YO4MPX.png So, you don't have a favorite then?

BrRgPR2.png Uh... Excuse me! I think I left the Badnik Assembly Line on... *Flies away in the Egg Mobile*

Edited by Samurai Equine

*sidles over to Infinite*

Hey there, Infinite! I’ve seen you around, but just learned your name today.

I’ve been dared, under risk of shenanigans I’m sure, to tell you... You’re SUPER CUTE under the mask! <3

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

*sidles over to Infinite*

Hey there, Infinite! I’ve seen you around, but just learned your name today.

I’ve been dared, under risk of shenanigans I’m sure, to tell you... You’re SUPER CUTE under the mask! <3

Jr4X91n.png ARGH!!! I'm not cute! And I'm not weak either!! This is the worst first question I could ever receive! You shall pay for your insolence, mortal...

q1SHbEE.png I actually agree with her. I'm one of the few who has actually seen you sans the mask, and you do look better without it. The mask just hides your true nature... Heh.

Jr4X91n.png I'm going to use my Phantom Ruby powers to make sure this moment never happened...

*fistbumps Shadow and then gently lifts the angry Jackal*

Don't worry Infinite, I’ve had years of experience dealing with angry little Sonic characters. Just ask Shadow. And on that note...

*carries him over to a box*

I’ve got something cool for you. It’s a lot more comfortable than the metal mask, looks bad@$$, and lets everyone see your cute face.

*opens the box and pulls out an Egyptian nemes and scarab necklace*

Perfect for a Jackal... For you! *hands them to Infinite*

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

*fistbumps Shadow and then gently lifts the angry Jackal*

Don't worry Infinite, I’ve had years of experience dealing with angry little Sonic characters. Just ask Shadow. And on that note...

*carries him over to a box*

I’ve got something cool for you. It’s a lot more comfortable than the metal mask, looks bad@$$, and lets everyone see your cute face.

*opens the box and pulls out an Egyptian nemes and scarab necklace*

Perfect for a Jackal... For you! *hands them to Infinite*

Jr4X91n.png Unhand me, you fool! I am not a child! I... *Examines neme and necklace* I will consider them. But the mask stays!

nEio02c.png Not sure why, but those items strike me as vaguely familiar...

yKJw5Jm.png *Peaks head out from around the corner, curious* ?

15 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Hey, Infinite, did you know my Superman analogue has the same name as you?

Jr4X91n.png Well good for you. I'm sure Superman would be delighted to hear that, if he wasn't scared of my immeasurable power!

Eznh9Y1.png Pretty sure if Superman were here, the world would be so safe I could finally take a vacation...

(Hey there! Samurai Equine, thread OP here. I have no idea what an analogue is, so this was the best reply I could come up with. Hope that's okay with you. :adorkable:)

6 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

But the mask stays!

Are you super-duper sure? Look what I just found on Google!

Spoiler

2FD59B91-C0E9-4DED-A3D7-1913B690C268.thumb.jpeg.7a8d1da43cf3fa4e07118aeef6ee50a9.jpeg

You’d look totes amazing!! XD

8 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Not sure why, but those items strike me as vaguely familiar...

*Peaks head out from around the corner, curious* ?

Would you guys like one too? Little known fact about artists from my reality... *draws up some more clothes and jewelry* We’re basically reality warpers when we come to your world. XD

5 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Hey Rouge, why haven't you gotten your own game yet?

I would play the fudge out of a Rouge game.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow, I enjoyed your game with the Black Aliens. I would have A Ranked all the missions and unlocked Expert Mode, if it hadn't been for the Shoot Down the President's Escape Pod mission. Plus this game makes me think of Christmas. Since your game involves taking the Dark path, Hero path or Nuetral Path. Kinda like Naughty or Nice Kids.

Anyway, any thoughts about that adventure? About Black Doom and the Black Arms aliens? What about alternative outcomes to who you really are?

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

(Analogue is basically another word for equivalent.)

Hey Rouge, why haven't you gotten your own game yet?

hfmbJpf.png Every once in a while, a girl knows when she's stepped into the boys club, and that's what it often feels like around Sonic and everyone else. I don't take it personally, though. I'm in no hurry to have my own game. Maybe when Knuckles has his, I'll have a better chance of having mine.

nEio02c.png Why does no one remember Knuckles Chaotix? Classic me was the star of that game! Sure, that's a different version of me, but it's still me!

jXXMbTr.png No one's going to remember another basic, run-to-the-right platformer. Besides, if any girl is going to have a solo title, it should be me! Amy's Wedding Simulator... Ah~ It'll happen some day, I just know it. Won't it be romantic, Sonic?

Eznh9Y1.png *Has all ready run away*

14 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Are you super-duper sure? Look what I just found on Google!

Reveal hidden contents

2FD59B91-C0E9-4DED-A3D7-1913B690C268.thumb.jpeg.7a8d1da43cf3fa4e07118aeef6ee50a9.jpeg

You’d look totes amazing!! XD

Would you guys like one too? Little known fact about artists from my reality... *draws up some more clothes and jewelry* We’re basically reality warpers when we come to your world. XD

Jr4X91n.png That's not me! That's a crazy fan's artwork, and I will deny any accuracy up and down! Even if it is well made...

nEio02c.png Well, I am a bit of a historian. Why not!

yKJw5Jm.png I don't like the idea of warping reality. Usually, negative consequences come from it. But as long we aren't defiling another race's culture, then I won't mind having some new souvenirs.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: New Characters! Classic Sonic & Classic Tails.

NRE73zv.png*Waves finger*

B922pnT.png Thanks for unlocking us, everyone! We're here to save the day!

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Shadow, I enjoyed your game with the Black Aliens. I would have A Ranked all the missions and unlocked Expert Mode, if it hadn't been for the Shoot Down the President's Escape Pod mission. Plus this game makes me think of Christmas. Since your game involves taking the Dark path, Hero path or Nuetral Path. Kinda like Naughty or Nice Kids.

Anyway, any thoughts about that adventure? About Black Doom and the Black Arms aliens? What about alternative outcomes to who you really are?

q1SHbEE.png It's good to see more fans with a sense of taste. Not sure how my self-titled game has anything to do with Christmas, but as long as you enjoyed it, what more could I ask for? As for your question, I think the final story pretty much explains everything. It doesn't matter how heroic or dark I was in that game, all paths lead to the same outcome. I became who I was always meant to be, a hedgehog who decides his own destiny. No longer do I need to be bogged down by the past or anyone else. I am... all of me.

Eznh9Y1.png Are we quoting theme songs now? Because you've all ready quoted mine...

q1SHbEE.png *Grumbles* That was just a coincidence...

2 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Ayyyyy, Classic Sonic and Tails! How do you do, fellow kids?

NRE73zv.png*Waves and gives a thumbs up*

B922pnT.png Do I honestly need to interpret that? Hehe... But I'm doing great too! Thanks for asking. It sure is great to share the spotlight with our Modern counterparts again. Maybe if more Reply goals are met, more of the Classic cast will come join us.

23 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Even if it is well made...

You like it and you know it. But here, this one might be more your speed:

Spoiler

DE1453F1-69C3-4021-B125-CB0410B7FBCD.jpeg.b5e31b2af6b396e94e2e8a7ad0793a77.jpeg

It’s got a mask!

defiling another race's culture

I think of it more as imitation. Sincerest form of flattery and all.

I don't like the idea of warping reality.

Oh don’t worry. I usually just use it for innocuous things. Like this...

*there’s a flash and Infinite’s hair is braided* Hehehe!! *runs*

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

You like it and you know it. But here, this one might be more your speed:

Reveal hidden contents

DE1453F1-69C3-4021-B125-CB0410B7FBCD.jpeg.b5e31b2af6b396e94e2e8a7ad0793a77.jpeg

It’s got a mask!

I think of it more as imitation. Sincerest form of flattery and all.

Oh don’t worry. I usually just used it for innocuous things. Like this...

*there’s a flash and Infinite’s hair is braided* Hehehe!! *runs*

Jr4X91n.png That's more like it, although the image does invoke the memory of a certain comic-book character from the Archie days. However... *Unbraids my hair and makes my Phantom Ruby glow* Do that again, and I'll send you straight into Null Space. And unlike Sonic, you won't have a friend to help boost you out. You'll be stuck in there for all eternity.

Eznh9Y1.png Eh, big deal. If that happens, I'll just run in and save her myself.

NRE73zv.png*Laughs hilariously at Infinite*

8 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

A question for Sonic himself...

is Eggman the walrus, goo goo g'joob? :muffins:

(I am sorry SE, I had to get the obvious joke squared away.)

Eznh9Y1.png Let's just say, you don't need to picture yourself on a boat on a river. His Egg Mobile handles like a raft with one paddle...

BrRgPR2.png And people wonder why I'm more of a Monkees fan...

(Thanks for that reply! I love the Beatles! Been a fan since middle school. :yay:)

4 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

NRE73zv.png*Laughs hilariously at Infinite*

Oh HEY!! There’s the little OG cuties! *picks up Classic Sonic and Classic Tails and snuggles* Oh, I just love you guys! <3

*whispers* Don’t worry, I’ll get Infinite to soften up eventually. *gives a wink*

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Ah, I see you're a Beatles fan too, Sonic! Which era of theirs do you like? For me, it's the Fab Four years (1963-1965, or 1966 to some).

B922pnT.png Ooh! Ooh! I really like their early years best. There was just something a bit more romanticized and soulful about them, and...

1YO4MPX.png I like the later years the best! They were so experimental, and really hit a fun vibe that I don't think any other rock band has struck since...

Eznh9Y1.png *Shrugs* It's all good to me, buddy. You won't catch me playing favorites. Or other me, for that matter...

NRE73zv.png*Is sitting in OVA lounge chair, sunglasses and headphones on, bobbing head to the music*

8 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Oh HEY!! There’s the little OG cuties! *picks up Classic Sonic and Classic Tails and snuggles* Oh, I just love you guys! <3

*whispers* Don’t worry, I’ll get Infinite to soften up eventually. *gives a wink*

NRE73zv.png*Smiles wide and pets your head*

B922pnT.png *Snuggles back* Wow! This is a warmer welcome than Infinite got! I guess it's true what they say, you just can't beat a classic.

Edited by Samurai Equine

10 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

NRE73zv.png*Smiles wide and pets your head*

B922pnT.png *Snuggles back* Wow! This is a warmer welcome than Infinite got! I guess it's true what they say, you just can't beat a classic.

Well to be fair, Infinite is not nearly as friendly as you two. Oh hey...

*puts them down and turns to Modern Tails*

Hey Tails, did you know that you were the first Sonic character I became a fan of?

• Brohoof 1