Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc That Shrinking Feeling (Adventure)

I used to be a stranger

At no point did I ever use ladybirds as a fair judge of scale. The standard I lay out nearabout Page 1 or 2 of this OOC is "the size of a Lego Minifigure" for a default size pony.

Ah, right. Of course.

They are just like toys now, after all  :P

(edited)

I very much appreciate how Kay and Scribblegroove help worldbuild by describing the things they see. What would you notice in a rail-side runoff, or alley-way if you were the size of a mouse?

Aw, thanks!

Half the fun of playing a character who's been shrunk is in describing the world around them and how it looks and smells and feels. It'd be so alien to our ponies, it's amazingly fun to imagine what that would be like. (Even more so to put it into words.) I'm a very sensory person anyway. I'm often drawn in by my environment, and when I write I like to convey that. I love reading books which elaborate on the world around their characters, and how that makes those characters feel.

As for your question, I'd be noticing gutter plants and little rivulets of water running by from the earlier rain shower. Puddles would feel like ponds to a pony that small. Cracks in the walls leading through into houses, the smell of the pavement. Every uneven bump in the road.

I'm very excited that you mentioned a sugar trail. ;P

@,

It was Kay who described herself and the other ponies as "the size of ladybugs". She was just being overdramatic. And prissy. 'Ladybugs' is a much nicer word than 'snails' or 'grasshoppers', so she'd use it despite those things being more accurate in size.

Oh yes, I meant to mention that Kay's colour code is #669966 =) Though if you just copy+paste it, it should come up at the correct colour anyway.

Edited by Kay Dreamer

@

Pssst, you should probably change 'Halloween' to 'Night Mare Night'. That's what they call it in the show.  ;)

Kay's about to give voice to her ignorance once more. Luna's banishment came after the Crystal Empire vanished, so Kay won't have heard of Night Mare Night. Poor thing, she gets so frustrated about not knowing what anything is anymore. (Considering a minstrel is supposed to be something of a historian, it's quite understandable.)

I need to go to bed now, but I'll post tomorrow afternoon. =D

(edited)

Also, @@Kay Dreamer,@@Scribblegroove,a thing I should mention: you guys have noted mention of being quite dirty on more than one occasion. If you guys don't want to be dirty anymore, you can simply say you wash yourself off with a convenient water source (puddle, stray cup lying around, drainpipe, etc).

Edited by Blue

Also, [mention=Kay Dreamer]Kay[/mention],[mention=Scribblegroove]Scribbles[/mention],a thing I should mention: you guys have noted mention of being quite dirty on more than one occasion. If you guys don't want to be dirty anymore, you can simply say you wash yourself off with a convenient water source (puddle, stray cup lying around, drainpipe, etc).

Gosh, I need to include that for Anala. Rest assured, she'll be filthy in my next post.

@@Kay Dreamer,

@@DukeofCanterlot,

I'm gonna wait for one of you guys to post.

(edited)

For some reason I can't imagine a R63 of Scribblegroove at all. I guess I'd have to see someone draw it to imagine it :c

Maybe because he's my ponysona. I cannot imagine myself as a female either...

Weird, I never had this problem before.

Edited by Scribblegroove

You'll have just beat me: I'm home about 5pm my time. (GMT +8) I'll be posting then; for now, I gotta get to school.

I can always describe her final actions retroactively, so it's no biggie.

R63 is not just names you know. How would you translate ones character to the other gender? How would they change?

Man I'm really bugged by this. My brain just cannot compute R63 when it comes to my own characters...

Anyway, looking forward to Kay's post :3

@

I can't imagine much would actually change with a genderswapped Kay. (Or a genderswapped Kaylene, to be honest.) Kai Dreamer would still be a drama queen, still be fussy about how he looks, still be endlessly curious and rather prone to wild flights of fancy.

I don't think my personality would change at all, to be honest. I mean, I grew up playing with lego, and my favourite things were dinosaurs and space, so it's not like I was 'raised girly' in the slightest. (Working in a school at the moment, I can see this gradual erosion of social stereotypes beginning to create very well-rounded and unique individuals who aren't defined by their gender and I'm so far off topic now, sorry.)