Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Zoophilia?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

So I heard of this word called zoophilia.
What does it mean really?
And what are your thoughts on it?

Edit 1: apparently there's people with different opinions so I'm adding a poll.

post-25645-0-60520300-1399588185.jpg

Edited by Artemis
Poll deleted.

"Zoophilia is a paraphilia involving cross-species sexual activity between human and non-human animals or a fixation on such practice."

Yeesh.

Like, real-world animals, too.

I've heard there's a subreddit on it, and it's pretty popular :s

• Brohoof 1

"Zoophilia is a paraphilia involving cross-species sexual activity between human and non-human animals or a fixation on such practice."

Yeesh.

Like, real-world animals, too.

I've heard there's a subreddit on it, and it's pretty popular :s

Please provide a link.... for research purposes....

• Brohoof 1

I'm no expert, but i would think zoophilia could be/is used to differentiate between fantasizing about nonhuman beings capable of communication and intelligence matching adult humans and actually committing or wanting to commit bestiality, a form of rape that decent human beings are morally opposed to, since decent human beings are of course opposed to all forms of rape.

I'm no expert, but i would think zoophilia could be/is used to differentiate between fantasizing about nonhuman beings capable of communication and intelligence matching adult humans and actually committing or wanting to commit bestiality, a form of rape that decent human beings are morally opposed to, since decent human beings are of course opposed to all forms of rape.

Like Xenophilia?

ShJeB.jpg

You big, stupid, sexy jellyfish.

Hang on, aren't they both the same thing?

You'd think.

Redditors are very picky.

• Brohoof 5

Zoophilia is the mind set, culture and social aspects.

Beastiality is simply the action.

I would assume that Reddit has two separate things as one is simply the act and the other is well...discussions, meet ups and stories told of experiences past. 

• Brohoof 1

Found them. Interestingly, there's quite a few horse f**king subreddits. I wonder if that's got to do with this fandom?

I highly doubt that anyone here wants to sex up a real horse, even the most devoted pony pr0n enthusiast.
  • Brohoof 2

I highly doubt that anyone here wants to sex up a real horse, even the most devoted pony pr0n enthusiast.

I know right. Horses in earth tones instead of pastels? Icky.

• Brohoof 4

Found them. Interestingly, there's quite a few horse f**king subreddits. I wonder if that's got to do with this fandom?

My family worked in the horse industry for years when I was a kid and there was a lot of things we heard, people who were arrested. Its a size causing arousal issue, and was around for a long time before MLP.

For those that wonder how I know so much about this, in college I studied law, sociology and psychology and these things came up.

It's wanting to screw animals, bestiality is actually doing it

It's illegal in a lot of states(bestiality) since the animal can't consent, therefore, it is rape and what not. In some states, it is legal though

This includes Guam and American Samoa. The other states where it's legal are Alabama, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming and the District of Columbia.

More info on why it's disgusting here

http://www.examiner.com/article/states-where-bestiality-sex-with-animals-is-legal

This may be a weird thing to say, but I don't particularly care what anyone *wants* to smex up lol.  Provided, of course, that they don't go out and act upon those feelings or inflict harm upon others.

• Brohoof 1

and the District of Columbia.

It's an informal tradition that every session of Congress open with someone engaged in "congress" with a goat. True story,

• Brohoof 6

This may be a weird thing to say, but I don't particularly care what anyone *wants* to smex up lol. Provided, of course, that they don't go out and act upon those feelings or inflict harm upon others.

'Spose.

But taking pedophiles as an example, they will eventually act upon those urges 8 times out of 10.

Not comparing the 2, just saying a philiac's urges arnt something you can tame easily

'Spose.

But taking pedophiles as an example, they will eventually act upon those urges 8 times out of 10.

Not comparing the 2, just saying a philiac's urges arnt something you can tame easily

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I truly *hope* that isn't statistically accurate.   There's little (if anything) that disgusts and angers me more than rape / sexual contact without consent.  Perhaps, in the case of large quadrupeds, the potentially lethal aspect of the act is a strong deterrant.

As others have said zoophilia is the sexual attraction to animals but one thing I have noticed is that people often confuse this for xenophilia which is the sexual attraction to sapient non human species when it comes to clopping or yiffing (furry equivalent of clopping) so I define zoophilia as the sexual attraction to non sapient animals ie animals below human intelligence and bestiality as acting on said attraction by having sex with said animals.

• Brohoof 1