Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm making a new fan fic and I need ideas so here is my description for it: Trixie wake up a year after an incident almost killing her but what she doesn't know is a few weeks later an apoclypse started with very few survivors will her and her friends survive? And who will die?

I'm making a new fan fic and I need ideas so here is my description for it: Trixie wake up a year after an incident almost killing her but what she doesn't know is a few weeks later an apoclypse started with very few survivors will her and her friends survive? And who will die?

Hey there.

As this seems to be looking for feedback / ideas, I've moved it on over to Creative Resources.

Hey there.

As this seems to be looking for feedback / ideas, I've moved it on over to Creative Resources.

This website is officially the msot confusing website in the world how come this place is literally called fan fictions and there are so many people who did the same exact things
  • Brohoof 1

This website is officially the msot confusing website in the world how come this place is literally called fan fictions and there are so many people who did the same exact things

Nah, putting your stuff here is fine. Care to give me the link to the fic? I might be able to help.

I actually haven't gotten chapter one done so it's impossible to see until I put 1,000 words and get accepted

Ok then, here are a few tips and questions you need to get right for the story:

Why did Trixie survive? Why her and not other more able ponies? Why did she fall asleep for more than 1 year?

How do we know that an apocalyptic event will strike a few weeks later?  Why did you use "started" (a past tense verb) to describe an event in the future? Well unless you want to do something about time travel, that would justify it but still, it's a confusing grammar.

Why did those other ponies survive? Who are they?

What is the cataclysm that happened 1 year earlier?

Those are some questions I would ask myself when reading your fanfic. You need to remember to take everything into account, not leave a single detail behind.

Ok then, here are a few tips and questions you need to get right for the story:

Why did Trixie survive? Why her and not other more able ponies? Why did she fall asleep for more than 1 year?

How do we know that an apocalyptic event will strike a few weeks later?  Why did you use "started" (a past tense verb) to describe an event in the future? Well unless you want to do something about time travel, that would justify it but still, it's a confusing grammar.

Why did those other ponies survive? Who are they?

What is the cataclysm that happened 1 year earlier?

Those are some questions I would ask myself when reading your fanfic. You need to remember to take everything into account, not leave a single detail behind.

Why trixy?: I just feel she need more love

Why did she fall asleep for over a year: uhhhhhhh PINKIE PIE

How did we know it started weeks later?: people told her

Why using started: again uhhh pinkie pie

Why did other people survive who are they?: because apoclypse stuff and lots of people like: dr hooves,big Mac,applebloom,spitfire,flash century,Fluttershy and a lot more

What happend a year earlier?: I'm gonna make a prequel all about it

Any more questions?

Why did other people survive who are they?: because apoclypse stuff and lots of people like: dr hooves,big Mac,applebloom,spitfire,flash century,Fluttershy and a lot more

Any more questions?

Although Pinkie Pie is undoubtedly awesome, she is not a good explanation if you are writing a serious fanfic.

Also, why did AJ and other ponies who would know how to handle stuff didn't survive, but a girl who brags and lies for a living does?

And just "I feel she needed love" does not justify why she survived. In my fanfic, most of those who are still there in the war are there because they were the best, the ones who knew how to fight and survive, and no one, no one survived because of love. In a post-apocalyptic world such as the one you are writing, only the best survive, and I doubt Trixie has any real life experience.

I highly recommend you go on Springhole and read some of the tutorials there.

(edited)

Although Pinkie Pie is undoubtedly awesome, she is not a good explanation if you are writing a serious fanfic.

Also, why did AJ and other ponies who would know how to handle stuff didn't survive, but a girl who brags and lies for a living does?

And just "I feel she needed love" does not justify why she survived. In my fanfic, most of those who are still there in the war are there because they were the best, the ones who knew how to fight and survive, and no one, no one survived because of love. In a post-apocalyptic world such as the one you are writing, only the best survive, and I doubt Trixie has any real life experience.

I highly recommend you go on Springhole and read some of the tutorials there.

Everyone has there fails you know applejack survived for 11 months straight but then died and I did that to make surviving harder and more tense and when I put pinkie pie those two times

1st time: pinkie pie knocked her out

2nd time: I'll change it soon

And I will soon

Edited by Cannon and rarity

Any more questions?

Well most writers try to plan out a series of events that happens I mean you could say this which I often say if explaining needs done "It will be either in this story, a prequel, or a sequel."

Everyone has there fails you know applejack survived for 11 months straight but then died and I did that to make surviving harder and more tense and when I put pinkie pie those two times

1st time: pinkie pie knocked her out

2nd time: I'll change it soon

And I will soon

How do we know that she survived for 11 months? Why 11 months? Why did she die there?

AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY PINKIE PIE

We know that because that's why people make prequels for BACKROUND infomation

Oh and why 1 months?: becuase when Trixy finds Big Mac he talks about applejack dieing and is still sad about it because it wasn't too long ago

First, not to offend you but you really must work on your grammar, I can barely understand anything.

Second, try to write a long enough intro about the setting: where the story is, when it happens, why is happens, stuff like that before actually introducing the characters. In "Symphony of Steel" (my fanfic here :http://www.fimfiction.net/story/256918/the-30th-tiger), I spend something like 5 paragraph describing the setting before actual action, and the characters are only mentionned in the 3rd paragraph. Be precise. Tell us where and when, but not what or who. We need to know what happened to understand the story. Don't be afraid to stretch it out, you could have a whole intro chapter if you think it's adequate.

Finally, some tutorials about apocalyptic stuff and describing from the excellent website Springhole. Read the tutorials there, they help. A lot.

http://www.springhole.net/writing/apocalyptic-cataclysmic-plot-scenario.htm

http://www.springhole.net/writing/build-better-post-apocalyptic-and-or-dystopian-settings.htm

http://www.springhole.net/writing/pitch-your-story.htm

Have fun and good writing.