Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Journey to the Higher Plane

Jack Baker

Hurricane heard Lightning Bliss yell at her, but couldn't quite tell what she was saying. She let outa small laugh clearly humored by Lightning Bliss' uproar. she just kept flying along through the everfree forest. Hurricane didn't actually have a house there. she just hung in random areas. As she passed the statue of Luna, she noticed something strange. It looked like the statue had been messed with mived in some way. She couldn't figure out how though.

@,

Blissy's ears had their advantage of being so big, that she could pick up most conversations from several yards away, only problem was that if there was too much noise, she tened to push them out of her mind and easily ignore it. But she heard the pegasus' pony insults clear as crystal quite abruptly, making her turn and blow fumes out of her nose.

@@Pripyat Pony, @,

"That pony called us stupid!" She snorted to Clover as she galloped after the wouldbe mare, only to skid to a stop as she watched the mare take off out of the town and into the Everfree Forest. "Ya!" Bliss snorted childishly at the mare, feeling hurt more then anything that the pony was so inconsiderate enough to insult her and Clover behind their backs. "You better fly off! Only cowards would talk behind ponies backs like that! Got something to say to us then say it to our faces!" She watched as the pegasus dissappeared into the forest and stomped the ground firmly before snorting and trotting back to the meeting area.

"Seriously what was her problem?" Bliss asked still huffing from the incident, "we did nothing to her... We're just minding our own business and she calls us stupid!"

"What are you doing Lightning Bliss, why are you paying the slightest attention to that punk. That's the kind of reaction she wants. And you just gave it to her". Blaze sat down and pulled out his sword once more to lay it in the ground. He took the cloth used to cover it up and began wiping it, he liked to keep it presentable, even though it was just a weapon.

(edited)

@,

Bliss shrugged at Blaze's trait to 'not defend against insults' however she didn't take too kindly to his approach on it. Her whole life as a filly she was picked on a ridculed by ponies that didn't even know her personally, and to her even as an alicorn, she wasn't about to stomach it now.

"Maybe you don't care if somepony calls you stupid," she snorted at Blaze as she walked by, "but some of us DO! And if that pony that went running off after insulting us, had any desency to get to know us, before throwing names at us, then fly off like it was nothing, is unacceptable!" She stomped passed him whether he were listening or not, "How would you like it if I called you stupid or a fool, and I didn't even know what you were all about? Oh that's right, you don't care." She frowned, "Well forgive me if you're above all of that... Maybe the Royals taught you better. But I am not your average alicorn that takes kindly to sitting in a thrown and not be part of society. I was picked on my whole life by ponies who didn't even know my name. And believe it or not, not all ponies can take an insult as well as you."

Edited by Lightning Bliss

Hurricane decided to just ignore the Luna statue and get on with life. she enjoyed the everfree forest. It was free from judgmental ponies and just ponies in general. She was free to be Hurricane. She didn't want to think about what happened with the alicorns too much. The thought made her angry. "Alicorns, they think they know everything." she said as she took off into the skies and did some flying tricks. she weaved in and out of trees with incredible speed and agility. She performed daring dives and loops. Flying helped her let of steam and forget about everything wrong with the world. As she flew, a large joyful smile grew on her face. she was having the time of her life."Wo-hoo!" she yelled knowing nopony could hear her.

@@Lightning Bliss, "Don't give that brat of a filly the attention she clearly craves," Clover replied. "She's probably just jealous, anyway. With an attitude like that, she'll never be made a royal alicorn, not in a million years."

Clover was upset at being insulted tho she was trying hard not to show it. She did however know a lot of spells which would put the other pony in her place.

"If she has the guts to come back and say that to our faces, I for one will make sure that she regrets it," Clover added, stamping a hoof. "Let's see how insulting she is when she finds herself unable to run away like a gutless coward."

• Brohoof 1

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Heh, I like your style," Bliss smiled to Clover, giving her a hoof bump, "my father kinda...well... He always encouraged me to stand up for myself. Just hard to do that when your abusers run away before you can say anything back. I however won't need magic to put her in her place should she decided to take up my offer of saying what she needs to say in front of us. When we have a problem in Appleloosa..." She grinned, "as my step father would say, 'Drag'em out and hang'em high!' or more or less just use our hooves and have a good old bucking and rearing. Me and my brother used to play buck each other all the time. I used to win, tripping up his hooves and bucking him in the side...But then..." she blushed and laughed, "he got bigger then me!"

@@Lightning Bliss,@, @everyone else

((OOC: So sorry about not responding, was super busy!))

Raze flipped a coin, then caught it, looking at Lightning. "Yep, as long as everyone's ready. Alright, let's get going!"

He looked at the map of Equestria that was in Starswirl's notes. The path that was marked seemed to stretch outside the map's boundaries, but it lead north, starting from his lab in the Everfree. From there, Raze guessed that it would be at least an two hour trek into... Diamond Dog territory.

Oh come on, he thought, looking at the map.

There's got to be an easier way around this... But the only way past that was to go around the mountains next to it, and that would take at least a couple days. He sighed, and decided to settle with the original path, leading the group to the Everfree while silently praying that Diamond Dogs wouldn't ambush them.

Blaze continued wiping down his sword, "You two are going to have to learn wether you like it or not, that there are ponies out there that will make remarks and petty insults to those that they do not understand, and it's your choice to behave the way they want you to, or stand above them and their denigrates. Remember the compliments, and forget the insults. You two are both brave and capable of Great things, as shown by your heroics before. Don't let them get to you, or you'll end up dead pondering about the little insults that got to you during your life".

(edited)

((OOC: Ooooo... Hurricane got some action going there.))

@,@,@@Lightning Bliss

b]@@Pripyat Pony[/b],

As Hurricane flew around enjoying herself she noticed a group of ponies in the distance coming up to the everfree forest. Why would a large group of ponies need to come to the everfree? she wondered. She dove down into a tree near the Luna statue and concealed herself hoping they weren't actually going into the everfree forest. It's not that she was scared of them, she just didn't really get along well with other ponies and weren't very fond of strangers. Hurricane couldn't tell who the ponies were yet. She just hoped that they didn't come anywhere near her.

Edited by Vitani

@,

Bliss had enough of Blaze's high and mighty views on how to 'deal' with insults or ponies that come their way. Acting like he was above it only made her think he was too high on his castle. Not everypony is emotionaless against insults. But rather then nag at him in a pointless rant that obviously he was not going to budge from in his opinion, she snorted at him and turned away, following Raze and the others into the Everfree forest.

"So Raze?" She trotted up to the zebra as he held the map in his hoof, "what path are these notes going to lead us to? I might have some knowledge on the locals in the forest. I worked once with a group of small forest drakes once."

'At least I tried' He thought to himself as he was walking behind the group. The Everfree was cloaked in dog and musk, leaving a covered path that could lead to an alligator swamp for all anyone knew. The forest had nothing but bad memories for Blaze and didn't have any thing left to over other than reminding him of those memories or make new ones. Nonetheless he continued behind the group reluctantly.

Blaze heard Lightning Blisses comment to Raze and couldn't help but smirking, "What a surprise", he muttered to himself.

Hurricane saw the group move closer to the everfree. From the top of tree, behind a bunch of leaves, she could see the travelers without them seeing her. She realized that the alicorns from earlier were among them along with a few other ponies. Hurricane wondered what they were doing in the everfree. Had the alicorns gotten so upset with her insult that they formed a mob to come after her? did they find out about the muffin? Were they gonna arrest her? Those were some pretty extreme measures for mere shoplifting. all these thoughts and then some rushed though her mind. She figured it would be best to stay hidden until she found out what was going on. She kept a watchful eye on the group from the tree where nopony could see her.

((Well I guess it's my turn to apologize for not posting.))

As Red stepped into the Everfree forest with the rest of the group, he pulled his cloak thighter around him. The forest was a dangereous place, but at the same time interesting and even appealing to some. All sorts of animals lived here, which made it understandable, but since Red didn't really pay attention to animals that much, he tried to avoid this place. Flying over it was a different story, however.

Trying to not pay attention to all the suspicious and eerie sounds that occured around them, he started to think about the thing that Starswirl was looking for. What was it that forced that pony to go to the edge of Equestria and beyond? What was it that brought death even to him after who know how long searching it? An ancient spellbook? A staff so powerful, that even the princesses can't stand against it? Maybe there was a mug of the best apple cider in the whole universe? Wouldn't that be funny? If they got there, hungry, half dead, freezing and their reward would be just a pint of apple cider? 

That thought made him grow a smirk on his face, as they continued onward.

@@Lightning Bliss

"Well... according to this, we need to find that Nightmare Moon statue and keep going from there, since that's were this little marked route goes. After that, we need to go through the Everfree, which would take about a couple hours at least, ending up here." He pointed at the place where the Diamond Dog territory was. "So yeah, if you can keep the animals here from attacking us, that'd be great."

• Brohoof 1

@@Lightning Bliss, @, Clover was glad enough that the expedition was finally starting. She walked alongside Lightning Bliss as they travelled thru the Everfree, all her senses on alert.

"It's all very well to say things like Blaze did," Clover said to Lightning Bliss, "But I find it very offensive that a pony would think that we became alicorns for no good reason. We earned our status, and that brat for some reason thinks we just got it out of luck. Luck had nothing much to do with it, not at all."

Clover thought back to her battle with the Windigoes. What had happened was that a pony came with news of a concentrated spot of winter in the north of Equestria. Clover had gone with her friend Stargazer to check it out. The two had soon discovered that there were two Windigoes who had been called up by a dark mage. Clover at first didn't know what to do; attack the Windigoes, or try and contain the effects? But all those thoughts had been driven out of her mind by the Windigoes attacking Stargazer.

"Leave my friend alone!" Clover had screamed, blasting the pair of wintry spirits with magic. Cuz the strength of her magic was drawn from wanting to protect her friend, the Windigoes had no means of defending themselves. The one thing that they couldn't fight against was love and friendship. And since they had been called up by a pony, they were vulnerable. Clover eventually was able to destroy the Windigoes and, in the process, capture the dark mage who had been weakened by his Windigoes' destruction. It was this deed which had caused Princess Celestia to make Clover into an alicorn. Not only cuz she defeated the Windigoes and stopped their winter from spreading all over Equestria, not only cuz she had defeated the dark mage, but also cuz she had done these things from love of Equestria and the defence of a friend.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"We may have earned it," Bliss added in after Clover, "but at what cost to me anyway? I never wanted this Clover... I just wanted to get married and have a normal life with my family and friends. It's bad enough as it is that I look the way I do, now I have a horn to show for it too..." her bitterness had grown since the insult and Blaze's pompous outlook on emotions. "I'm sorry... I'm not being fair or appropriate. I should be grateful... I just..." she shifted her weight as she walked, feeling tongue tied. "I don't don't feel like I got what it takes."

@,

After she heard Raze mention about diamond dog territory...Bliss's coat stood up. She had one encounter with a pack of diamond dogs once, it was over the Everfree forest drakes to start with. Both clans were fighting each other for territory. The diamond dogs said the drakes invaded their mining caves where they hunt for gems. The drakes said though, that they have always used the gem sight as their nesting grounds. The result being both clans were at territory war with each other, many drake eggs were snatched and broken, while alot of dogs were burnt or injured. She along with a friend accompanying her, attempted to diffuse the situation on both sides, but the diamon dog leader wasn't about to listen to reason...not without the help of peaceful persuasion...meaning her horn took over the scene. An agreement was met with the two creatures. The diamond dogs could mine for their precious gems and share some of their load with the drakes for their nesting grounds. In return the drakes would keep the dogs safe from other dangerous creatures in the forest while they mine. It was a good night of negotiations Bliss thought...but that doesn't mean the diamond dogs have changed their ways...same as the drakes. Both sides are very greedy of their hoards...and still wouldn't take kindly to tresspassers.

"Um...Blaze?" She asked nervously, "is there a way we could somehow...fly over the forest? I could levitate at least one pony with me while I fly out..."

(edited)

@, @@Lightning Bliss, @@Pripyat Pony, @, @@RedStorm,

Hurricane heard the ponies' conversation. A journey? To where? she wondered. She had to admit, a journey would be pretty fun and exciting. She wondered if she should fly down to the group and join them on their trek. Then she remembered that the three alicorns were down there and two of them wanted to beat her flank. Hurricane was brave, but not stupid. This whole situation could spiral downward at any moment. she thought. She decided to stay hidden in her tree. Maybe she find out more about their little adventure.

Edited by Vitani

(edited)

@

Raze was busy looking at the map and guiding the group on where to go, but he couldn't help but feel he was being watched. If he listened carefully, he heard some slight movement in the trees. Slowly, he took a small throwing knife from his cloak, and quickly turned around and threw it at the tree he thought the thing--or pony--was hiding in.

"Come out of there," he said. "I know you're hiding in the trees."

Edited by Trevor Philips

(edited)

@, @@Lightning Bliss, @@Pripyat Pony, @@RedStorm,@,

Hurricane knew she had been spotted even though nopony could actually see her. She had to think of something fast. Lucky for her, her dagger was in the tree with her. She always has it near hear. When she goes into to town, she hides it in her wing so nopony things she's a murderer. Hurricane knew there was probably gonna be conflict and knew she couldn't avoid it. She grabbed her dagger and put it in her wing so the group knew she was no real threat, but she still had it at the ready incase some action happened. She jumped down to the group in a battle ready stance waiting for anything to happen.

Edited by Vitani

@, Clover turned to face the stranger as she jumped down from the trees. She saw it was the pony who'd yelled insults at her and Lightning Bliss before running away. Her face hardened.

"So, not content with yelling insults and then running away like a coward," she said, "You have to come and spy on us, too? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't punish you for your behaviour. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care about your grieviences, or any grudges you might be nursing, cuz they're nothing to do with me. I haven't done a thing to you, and neither has anypony else here. So tell me. Why do you hate alicorns? And make it good, cuz my patience is about to run out."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Hurricane gave a mean glare at Clover. "First of all, princess, I flew away because I thought you didn't hear me when I muttered insults under my breath. If I knew you heard me, I would've gladly stayed to fight!" she said with much anger in her voice. "I am not a coward! How do you think I've stayed alive alone in the everfree for so long? Do you think I just shrunk in fear and happened to survive? And I'm not spying on you. You were the ones who wandered into my territory." Hurricane's blood was boiling. It took every ounce of her will power not to attack. "Why do I hate alicorns? Well princess, it's because your all just stuck up snobs waiting for your next meal to brought to you on a silver platter while you fly around doing magic tricks enjoying your perfect lives. Have you ever tried to help other creatures besides ponies? How are they doing? Why is there still poverty? Did you even know there was poverty still going on? This princess, is why I can't stand alicorns." she raged on. "And I highly suggest that you don't attack me in these woods. I've lived my whole life where no average pony dares to go. I know secrets here that nopony has cracked. So trust me when I say that it will be the dumbest mistake you will ever make attacking me here."

(edited)

@,

Raze sighed, then put Starswirl's notes in his bag. "I've got no time for political and personal bickering between you two. You've got two choices. One, you come along with us, or two, you stop following us in the trees and go on your merry way. We've got places to be, and we're of no threat to you. However, I would appreciate not being watched on like a lion waiting to pounce on its prey. Got it?" He didn't put his hooves to his blades, but he was on alert and hovered them over the hilts of his swords in case this mare decided to do something drastic.

Edited by Trevor Philips

@,

Red watched the knife fly into a tree behind them. What was Raze doing? About question his actions, Red noticed a grey unicorn jump down from the tree and took a hostile looking stance. It seemed that Clover had already met the pony and wasn't too happy to see her again. From the stance that the pegasus took, she didn't feel any different.

Why was the grey pegasus following them? Was she trying to rob them while they were asleep. Those thoughts swam around Red's mind until he ereased them all. There was one thing he had learned from the school that he went to. And that was to listen both part of the stories, and the best way to do that now, was to listen to local sources.

Red was about to ask Clover about what was going on, but the pegasus decided to open her mouth. After listening to what she had to say, he spoke up.

"Well, what do you think alicorns are doing here? Are they here to destroy your land? Or are they just passing through? Which option seems more likely to you? We had no intention to burn your... home. Why would we do that anyway?" He asked with a confident tone.

((Hurricane is a black Pegasus))

@@RedStorm,

Hurricane gave a sharp look at Redstorm ignoring Raze. "Why wouldn't they burn down the everfree? Everypony sees it as a dangerous place and much threat with no purpose. They would burn down every inch of this forest without realizing the homes of other inhabitants they're destroying." she snarled. "Besides, why would a random group of ponies with three royals just wander into the everfree forest anyway?"

@@Pripyat Pony@@RedStorm, @@@RedStorm,

White, primarily remaining in the shadows until that point, took a step forward and moved between them. "Alright, we can fix this by more ways than threats... why don't we start by each taking a step back and trying to get along, or at least solve this in a non-physical manner?"

See what I mean? Hilarious. Throw a few insults that barely matter- and that were even muttered, not even said aloud- and the alicorn has a grudge. Oh, this is going to be hilarious.

Shush.

Eyeing the pony that had come back with a sarcastic remark, she turned back to the pair. "I know, Miss Clover, that she might have offended you, but don't we have more important things to be doing? And, Miss... I'm sorry, ma'am, but I don't know your name. The Everfree Forest is the source of the Tree of Harmony, and the Princesses would never approve of burning it down- and, even if they tried, this forest has enough magical energy in it that it would probably grow faster than it burned." She shot a glance towards Raze. "Now, can we all relax and just keep moving? It's Timberwolf season, and I don't feel like sticking around in one place for too long.

Watch her completely ignore you, like she did Raze. Then, if she tries to be hostile, I can trap her in a cloud of cotton candy!

((It's good to be back. :) ))

• Brohoof 2