Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Journey to the Higher Plane

Jack Baker

@, @@RedStorm,

Bliss frowned at the weapon Blaze was carrying but tried to keep an open mind about it, "I assume that weapon is to help you keep the peace within Equestria then?"

Blaze could see the uneasiness on Lightning Blisses face so he began to wrap his sword up tightly. He then thought about her question, "More or less" Blaze answered. "Anyway, I've got a bit of time before this person comes to recruit us for whatever job, I've got things to do." Blaze turned around and started to walk off, "It was nice meeting you all."

@@RedStorm,

"Honestly?" She answered Red, "I was just curious about the note. See I orginally came down to the Ponyville Hall expecting a scroll of new magic spells from Celestia...but once again they haven't shown up. I had basically wasted my priority time of getting that scroll and carried loads of bags of grociers on my back for hours waiting for it and..." she stopped realizing she was ranting, "ahem sorry... Anyways I spotted this on the board...thought maybe a little money would help with my art store in Ponyville and at the East Gryphon Empire. But I wasn't really expecting other ponies to show up for it either, let alone other alicorns!"

She turned then and nodded to Blaze as he took his depature, seeming intrigued on getting some belongings. I wonder if I need to consider bringing things with me as welll...but what kind of job is this? Does this job require travel?

(edited)

@,

"Well, yeah," Raze said, sitting down as he began to eat what White made for him. "According to the notes, this gate is located somewhere pretty far and dangerous. So with that being said, I posted something near town hall that might just catch the eye of a few intrigued ponies..." He then heard Ixkom confirming Raze's last statement by saying that there were already a group of ponies near Town Hall right now. He looked at the clock. It was almost 11:00. "And there we go; they're even earlier than I told them to be. Although I hardly believe Alicorns would show up, I mean yeah, I did write 'Ponies of all species are welcome to join,' but Alicorns? Nah, what do they need out of this?"

He finished up his meal, and started nibbling on the pastry White made him. "We got to hurry though. I wrote that they should've been there at 11:00 PM sharp, but since they're early, I guess I gotta meet them sooner than I expected."

Edited by Trevor Philips
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

White Rose looked at him oddly and was about to say something when, with a blur of light, a transparent draconequus that was recognized as a shadow of Ixkom's physical form appeared in front of her, on his knees. Please let us go.

White scowled, but, once again, before she could say anything, Ixkom continued. This is going to be the drama of the year! I'm counting at least three alicorns. Three superpowerful ponies told to follow the leader with a mere swordsman on a trek with little comfort? This is going to be a hoot! And, technically, once you channel your inner light, you are an alicorn as well, too... pwease? With a snap, the draconequus's head became one of a kitty with sad begging eyes.

She sighed. "Very well. Let's get going." Walking over to the closet, she quickly pulled out and put on her hat and her traveling cloak, as well as attaching Roseblade to her belt. "I'm ready when you are."

((Alright, Raze. You get control of my character until I get back. See you all Sunday afternoon/ Monday morning.))

Edited by Nyx Assassin
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Raze approached the closet, and got out his two trusty blades, and attached them to his belt. He put his bags back on, along with his cloak, and grabbed Starswirl's notes from the table, then left the house with White Rose. After walking a few minutes, he found a small group of ponies standing next to the bulletin board. He looked around and counted who was there: One pegasus, one unicorn, and about two alicorns. He was surprised, Ixkom was right after all.

"These really must be desperate times, if alicorns are looking to public work to make a quick buck..." he said under his breath to White Rose, who nodded silently. He then cleared his throat.

"Alright, before I begin, is this everyone?"

@@Lightning Bliss,@@RedStorm,@@purple.teal,@@Pripyat Pony

@,

Bliss looked up to two ponies, one being a familiar zebra pony she had seen from her birthday party, along with his mare comrade. She noticed they had bags and supplies with them, making it dawn on her more that she came to this note underprepared...

"Um... are you the owner of this note?" She asked polietly to the zebra and partner, "I feel like I know you from somewhere, was it... Raze?"

@@Lightning Bliss,

Raze recognized the voice of one of the ponies in the group immediately. "Lightning?" He looked around and immediately recognized her amongst the crowd. "It is! It's so great to see you!" He smiled and approached her, giving her a warm hug. "How's it been since the birthday party? Your wyvern husband didn't eat my gift, did he? I know how much he loves anything crystal, so..." He looked at her. "I didn't think you'd be around to take this job, I mean, I thought you were doing pretty well last time I saw you..."

@,

"Oh I am I just..." she blushed a bit, feeling silly for burdening Raze with her troubles, "It's just I have two art shops I'm trying to maintain, and I want to do it without relying too much on my husband and his treasure trove... So I'm keeping up on it myself, and well I just need to earn a bit of money to get the stores back on their feet more or less." She smiled and hugged him back. "It really has been awhile. But what is this job all about? Is this a travel job...? I'm afraid all I have is my cloack and small waist belt of supplies..."

(edited)

@@Lightning Bliss,

"I see..." Raze said, examining what she had on her at the moment. "Well, in any case, we're not leaving right now. I'm just here to tell you what's up with this note I up on the bulletin board not too long ago; after which I'll see if you guys are still up for this job. And yes, it does involve travel. But if you do accept this, I'll give you a few hours to prepare and rest up, and we leave in the morning. Now then..." He looked at the group.

"Ok, if this is everyone, I'm just gonna start giving you the run down of the reason I called you here... as the note on the board says, this offer pays well, there's no strings attached, and you won't really lose much out of this to gain your reward. However... there's just one thing that you need to do..." He took out Starswirl's notes, and laid them out on the ground for everyone to see. 

"How do all of you feel about traveling halfway across Equestria, and perhaps beyond that, to find something Starswirl the Bearded himself died trying to look for?"

@,@@RedStorm,@@Pripyat Pony,@@purple.teal,  

Edited by Trevor Philips

@,

Red was about to answer Lighting, but a new pony walked up to them. From the brief conversation he had with Lighting it seemed that his name was Raze and he was the one who posted the note. To Red, he looked... familiar as well.

Shaking his head, he stopped trying to remember that stallion and thought it was better to listen what he actually had to say.

*Well, I'm okay with travel, I guess. I mean, I'm broke and can't even afford a decent meal anymore.*

But it was the last part of Razes story that made his jaw drop.

"Starswirl THE Bearded? Are you joking?" Grabbing one of the many notes, Red quickly read through it. "You're not joking... these are the note's of Starswirl!" He said out lout, fascinated.

"Where in Equestria did you get these?"

@,

Bliss slowly levitated one of the notes up for her to see, though couldn't hide her face of 'doubt' for the authinticness of what Raze was claiming. "So this whole job...is to go on a journey of exploration? To seek out what you claim is...Starswirl the Bearded's notes...of a place beyond the lands of Equestria?"

She blinked innocently at him, waiting for him to make a punch line to his joke...but it didn't come. "So you are serious...these are really the notes? You really want us to follow you on this exploration? I hope you have money to higher us Raze...cause I don't think you can claim these notes to be the ones of the most magnificant unicorn of olden times, as payment for our participation...This sounds dangerous, and for all we know...a false adventure." Her tone was serious but without concern and sympathy...she felt hard to believe that these notes could be from the most powerful unicorn ever.

(edited)

@@Lightning Bliss,

Raze smiled slightly. "Well, if you don't believe me, we can all go to the Everfree forest right now and find that Nightmare Moon statue that's lying around there... he's got a secret lab there, underneath said statue," he said to her, keeping a serious look on his face. "I mean come on, you'd honestly think I could forge something up like this? I mean, I'm a earth pony for Celestia's sake, I know nothing about magic or other worlds. And this can't be that farfetched either; Starswirl found out how to travel to another world using a mirror! Look... if you don't believe me, then teleport both of us to the Everfree Nightmare Moon statue, right now. If it turns out to be a hoax..." He pulled out a large coin pouch. "I'll give you a thousand bits right then and there. That's a month's worth of my line of work. But if it isn't... you get four-tenths of that; the original payment that I'm using to hire you and rest of the gang. You game?"

((OOC: Look at me, referencing the mlp comics like that XD))

Edited by Trevor Philips

@,

(OOC ya lol I caught that, can't blame my OC for being skeptic though lol)

"I don't think ill will of you Raze..." she tried to correct the situation from sounding like she was suspicious of his actions, "it's just that you may have found forged notes claiming to be of Starswirl...But you said you found these in a scecret chamber under the Nightmare Moon statue in the Everfree?" Her eyes blinked in awe and curiosity more then anything. Why would anypony hide notes or a lab under a statue in the Everfree...? It's got to be legitate, at least by his claims...Why not give him the benefit of the doubt. She pondered his serious expression, then back down on the notes, then back to him again and smiled.

"Alright Raze, you got my attention, not on your money though... That I want to make that clear." She gathered up his notes and handed them back to him with her levitation, "but because I believe in your words... Give me a few minutes, I'll teleport to my home and gather some belongings and be back in 10mins."

With that, she focused her magic and poofed away in teleportation, only sparkle of rainbow magic left behind in her jump.

She landed a few yards on the ledge of the moutnain, where an open cave entrance was waiting, hers and Night Lights home. She smiled in eagerness and trotted into the cave, levitating out extra saddle bags, a sleeping bag for her to mount on her back, a sack of apples and pies, and a lockett of her and Nights. She opened the locket up and started at the image of her husband she held so dear, lightly stroking it just as he stomped inside behind her.

"You going on a trip my dear?" Nights asked her lovenly, smiling when she jumped.

"Oh um..." she fiddled with the locket before levitating it around her neck and packing her bags on along with her saddle back, followed by her cloack and hood and pink goggles. "It's just for a job, and a chance at a little adventure for myself...I know it's short term notice and you have your class to teach but I just..."

"Shhh..." he smiled to her and gentle nuzzed her face with his dragon beak, "it's ok Blissy... Go and have your adventure. I'll be here when you get back."

She beamed with excitment and fluttered up and hugged his nose, kissing it happily. "I love you so much you big black lizard!"

"And I love you, my little white princess," he smiled to her as she let go and fluttered out the cave. "Just promise me this!" She stopped and waited for him to finish, "Come home to me safetly!"

"I promise! Love you!" She waved goodbye, and in a flash, teleported back to the others.

(Sorry I was at a party and missed all this!)

Blaze finished gathering his things and visiting his friends and somewhat family members, he began walking to towns hall. When he arrived he saw another pony had joined the crowd and was talking amongst the other ponies around him. "I guess the debriefing already started, if you don't mind informing me on just the important stuff".

@

((OOC: No problem, I've been quite busy myself :)

))

Raze turned to the new alicorn approaching them. "Ah! A newcomer approaches. Yeah, everyone's been filled in on the situation, but some of the ponies here have yet to make up their minds. If you want to be up-to-date with the situation..." He handed the alicorn Starswirl's notes and the letter. "Read these. Then all shall be made clear..." He jokingly moved his hooves in a circular motion as if to denote something magical and mystical about the notes he gave to the newcomer.

(edited)

Blaze held them all up to his eyes using his magic, gently pushing the ones he finished to the sides. After he had finished all the notes he took a second to think about all of them. They seemed real, expertly written with fine print that was used in books where other of his notes laid. Honestly Blaze didn't care much if they weren't real, it was still something for him to do other than roaming around with no single goal. "I will admit, you've peaked my interest, Starswirl died trying to find whatever is in these notes, meaning it was important, but

Important to him, could be just a crafting material for a simple potion".

Edited by I Blaze I

She reappeared just behind Raze and his comrade and sat down calmly, waiting for them to get underway. Her travel clothing was simple but useful. Under her brown cloak/hood, was her sleeping bag, firmly strapped down to her waist and held by her wings, followed by her saddle bags with their custom made belt buckles of her cutiemark. They were stuffed with food pouches, and a large canister of water she would be sure to refill tomrrow if they planned on stopping. She was proud of her simple attire knowing it wouldn't draw much attention to herself, aside from her pink goggles she took to wearing alot when she was outside. They helped her to see at long distance as well as sheild her eyes from the wind as she flew by.

(edited)

"Alright then," Everlast rose from his sitting position, "We have a chance to find the final resting place of the great wizard Starswirl the Bearded, in addition to finding what he died seeking. normally this is the part where someone would say they are going at it alone if no one else want to go, but we all seem to be adventurous types. We have all been thoroughly introduced and I don't see any reason for delay. Of course the notice said we don't leave until late in the night, but we are all here right? Are we waiting on anyone? Any last minute items we need to grab before we leave?"

Edited by purple.teal

@@purple.teal,

She looked at the blank flank gray unicorn for a moment, realizing his cutie mark wasn't present. A smile formed on her face realizing his position. The way he spoke with a confident look of determination made her admire him for who he was. She assumed he probably was teased alot as a foal for a lack of a mark, similar to what she went through when she was a filly. Even she didn't get her cutie mark till she was 12yrs old, and that was a few months after her 5yr old sister got her own!

"I think we should pack the essentials, so we don't get overwelmed, you know? Like pulling wagons?" She suggested to Everlast, "I'm only bringing my sleeping bag, some food and water, some bare essentials, oh and a little bag of bits just in case." She levitated the small bag of money, shaking it lightly with her magic to make it jingle.

Ooc: Sorry I didn't reply before, I went to the pub last night and had to go food shopping this morning! XD Also housework to do. Darnit!

@,

Clover had taken the opportunity while attention was focused on the other members of the party to teleport herself home to collect a few supplies. Not many, as she had travelled before and found that large amounts of luggage only hampered a group in the end. But she took some food, a well thumbed spell book, a bag of bits, a sleeping bag and some water purifying tablets. Clover was an expert spellcaster and figured that anything else, she could probably get hold of via spells. The last thing she did was to call on her friend Stargazer and tell her what was up and where she was going. Stargazer wished her luck and promised to look after her house for her while she was away.

She returned in time to be addressed by Raze, who was in charge of the expedition. It sounded exciting to Clover; the secret notes of Starswirl the Bearded! And a mystical journey into the unknown. She replied to Raze, "I'm used to travelling. I had to travel very far afield to find the Windigoes, and I'm still ready for a long journey. As for the money, I don't really need it but I'd be happy to donate some to worthy causes and to keep some back to treat my friends. It's the adventure that tempts me."

Well one thing was for sure, everyone seemed to be pretty serious about the trip now. The alicorns were teleporting away and back with supplies. When Lightning shook her bag of bits, Red was reminded that he had no money whatsoever and he didn't really have anything at home... except for one thing.

"Well I guess I'll just go get my stuff." He said and flew away, leaving a cloud of dust behind. His home wasn't far away, which made him a bit sad, because he absolutely loved flying. After the short flight, Red arrived at his doorstep and opened the door with the key he kept under his doormat. Not very original, but so far he hadn't gotten robbed, so he sticked to it. Once inside, he opened his closet and took out a linen cloak, that he once bought but never got to use. Assuming it was a travel cloak, he put it on and went over to the mirror to quickly see how it looked.

"Heh, I look like a veteran adventurer. The kind who has been everywhere and seen everything. Like Starswirl, I guess." That got him to think. Why did Starswirl die? Wasn't he the most powerful unicorn ever? If even he couldn't do it, why does this Raze guy think that a bunch of random ponies who he gathered to the bulletin board. Was it that there was alicorns? Maybe. For now, Red shook off the thoughts and flew out of the door, quickly locking it.

His old neighbour seeing him storm off with a travel cloak asked: "Redstorm, where are you going?"

"I'm going on an adventure!" He yelled back, picking up the pace and leaving his neighbour with a question mark on her face.

((It's funny, because Hobbit.))

Finally, he arrived at the board again, heart beating. "I'm ready!"

• Brohoof 1

@@Pripyat Pony,

"So have I! Um traveled I mean," she replied back to Clover happily, "when I'm needed in negotiations I tend to fly on dragon back by my...um...husband." She stuttered a bit but felt since they knew who she was, might as well let them know if they haven't figured out already that her husband and personal body guard was a shape shifting dragon, "Here," she opened up her locket, revealing the picture of her and Nights with a sunset background:

LBLocket_zpsc05de63f.png

"My husband flies me from meeting to meeting most of the time when I travel." She explained, almost beaming with happiness despite she knew she would be leaving on this trip without seeing him for awhile, "I guess this would technically be my first time I travel without him, and on hoof from the looks of it. I can't help feeling a bit excited, but nervous all the same." She took the locket back and clamped it shut before patting it against her chest, protectively.

(edited)

@@Lightning Bliss,@@Pripyat Pony,@@RedStorm@@purple.teal, @Everyone I forgot to mention

((OOC: Man, the textures on that image look so much like they were from the show... what program do you use for this?))

Raze saw the pendant that Lightning kept of her and her husband, and smiled slightly. He reached into his bags, and pulled out a small case with a diamond ring inside it, then looked at White Rose. She knew that he would propose to her sooner or later, but he couldn't the right time to do so. He put the ring back, then sighed.

One day, Raze, you'll find the right moment sooner or later... he thought. He then cleared his throat.

"So, it seems that you all have already gotten your stuff together, which is good. That means we can leave earlier than I expected. So, it's already about half past midnight, give us a couple hours, then we leave at about... 4:00 ish? Unless you have a better time to do this."

Edited by Trevor Philips

@,

(OOC, I made the locket in my Adobe Flash program, the picture I had already created and did a small effect from Photobucket hehe glad you like it)

She smiled to Raze and the others and quietly nodded in agreement. "I'm ready to go when you are. So I assume we're walking?" She flapped her wings playfully in a joke at the earth and unicorn ponies.

"I collected all my stuff already", Blaze stated while tightening the straps on his saddle, "So I'm all good to go, whenever everyone else is ready". He flapped his wings along with Lightning Bliss, it was times like this that he enjoyed flaunting his abilities of an Alicorn, in a way it made him feel special.