Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the furthest you have traveled without using a plane on any part of the journey?

Reecejackox

Um... From NE Oklahoma to Ohio by vehicle (bus). From NE Oklahoma to North Carolina (childhood trip, in family van).

Those are the two longest. Maybe Florida would count, too? IDK.

Tennessee. Painfully long card ride since we’d go nonstop. My dad would only stop for restroom break and to grab food. Not been there to visit those relatives since I was under 18.

Austin to Iguala, Guerrero (Mexico). I don't think we ever went straight from here to there though... maybe once. We'd usually spend half the time in Mexico at a town halfway, then after a week head on down there (which was a good 12 hour drive).

I guess longest straight-shot was here to Phoenix (1006 miles versus 1049). I guess I could go farther and say Acapulco since we did drive there too from Iguala.

I could've just said Austin to Phoenix, but that'd be a boring response :pout: .

Oh, not so fun fact; the air distance between Iguala and Zihuatanejo (at the Pacific) is just 141 miles, but the trip time is close to 7 hours due to the winding roads across the mountains. Yikes... never did that drive. I'd probably go insane :ButtercupLaugh:. So much zigzagging...

From north of Seattle (Snohomish County) to western Montana by car which is roughly 540 miles.

The second longest was from San Jose to Indio/Salton Sea area by car which is roughly 500 miles and took place in the same state the whole trip (California).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...