Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Journey to the Higher Plane

Jack Baker

@@Lightning Bliss,

"Well, I guess I was kind of raised bickering and fighting to solve arguments. That's how I was with my sister and how I was ever since." Hurricane said to Lightning Bliss. "We never got along, but that's a long story." she said cutting off the conversation topic. "I was the filly in school who always caused trouble. I was quite the little rebel." she smiled a bit thinking back to her childhood. Her story was interrupted when Quickdraw spoke.

@,

Hurricane looked back to him. "I guess we're going after some Starswirl the Bearded stuff." she said as if it wasn't that important. "I'm just with these guys for the adventure. Also because I have nothing better to do." she also didn't want to give away too much information just in case this pony was gonna turn on them.

@,

"Heh," she giggled and in a friendly gesture bumped her shoulder next to Hurricane's, "I was the exact opposite of you then. I was the one who hide away, trying to avoid causing trouble. Even when I didn't start any fights when others would pick on me for my ears and tail, I still kept my head down. I really hate fighting...though I guess, as a result for not defening myself, it kinda built up. I would have stomach achs and out spurts of anger when I would get home from school. Flying though was a nice outlet for me." She smiled before she was cut off by the question Quickdraw asked.

@,

She bit her tongue as Hurricane more or less spilled the beans to the rogue stallion, but she didn't know what else to say other then to add in. "I'm just more concerned at this moment getting to Manehattan so I can get properly washed up and..." her stomach growled abruptly, "um...seems I need to restock on my food rations too."

Everlast Followed the group. While he saw the Everfree forest as proof of his main theory, it was one of those things he liked to study from a safe distance and he was eager to leave it. As he walked, he went, as usual into his books. He was glad for the extra hooves brought by the two new recruits. He slowly moved his way toward the one with the weird hoof, and when he got beside him, began pestering him with questions.

@,

"Hello there, I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your magic. Specifically, how does that-" He nodded toward the twisted limb, "factor in?"

(edited)

Quickdraw shrugged at the fact that they decided not to tell him everything. Although the sound of Starswirl the Bearded did pique his interest a bit. If only he was able to know more....

He silently walked over to Raze, who was browsing the notes and the map, trying to get a glimpse of both. He noticed Quickdraw was watching him, and he turned his head to look at him.

"We're searching for a place that Starswirl the Bearded supposedly died looking for. Apparently, there's something of great value there," he said to him bluntly. He stared at the group, who looked worried that he told the newcomer about their plans. "What? Somehow, I feel he might've found out sooner or later. Besides, while most of you may not trust him, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. While I doubt his story, I'll give him a chance to tag along with us. Who knows, you all might be wrong about him..."

Quickdraw didn't hear the rest after the words "something of great value". Now he truly was interested. He might even consider helping them. Forget Royal Flush and Steel Tempest... or Steel would probably join him. he could take the plans and give them to Royal. Or he could kill them all right here and have this thing, whatever it was, all to himself. He began to weigh the options. When it came to money or anything just as valuable as that, Quickdraw didn't have alliances; he learned that sometimes you gotta seperate the morals from the moolah. He would gladly turn to the enemy if they paid him more. And Royal wasn't even paying him for his services, so joining the group seemed even more tempting. His decision would have to wait. Besides, there was plenty of time to think this over before they reached Manehattan.

((OOC: So yeah. Quickdraw may or may not turn on Royal Flush and join the group. And Steel Tempest may or may not join him :P))

Edited by Polnareff
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Bliss could do no more then shrug at Raze as he laid down their journey plans to Quickdraw. True that he would have found out eventually still didin't make her feel comfortable. But she truely hoped it was just a sight effect to the lingering threats they had experienced back in the forest. And now finally, there was a glimpse of relief over the horizon. She spotted the first towers of the skyscrapes of Manehattan, along with a few pegasi taxis making their way towards the city limits.

"Oh thank Luna..." she leapt into the air and fluttered just ahead of the group to get a better view. She could tell the city was already lively with ponies getting to and from their destinations, all such in a bustle. It was one of the most active places she's seen. Then it dawned on her...

@,

She fluttered back down to the ground, landing next to Hurricane once again. "I just realized this..." she shuddered, making herself look smaller and timid, "this is the first time I've ever been to Manehattan..."

Blaze walked slowly behind the group, they were onto him, he couldn't let them find out until it was too late. The Entity would consume Blaze in his mind and take care of the rest of them. He didn't count on the stranger joining the group, but that was alright. Shouldn't be much of a problem. Blaze kept his head down from the group and continued walking.

@@purple.teal,

Rax'Mar smirked. "Well, it's the forearm of a large demon. What more can I say? It took my arm for a trophy when I summoned it during my final exam, so I returned the favor." He chuckled. "I love the picture that somewhere in Tartarus, a well-respected demon is sitting there with my forearm instead of his right claw." Sighing, he looked at Everlast. "How it ties in with my magic? It helps give me a more... demonic signature. You see, my occupation is plagued by quite a difficult task- in order to be able to cast the spell to bind a demon to us, whether for imprisonment or... like some of my darker cousins... enslavement, you have to have some modicum of the demons respect, whether the demon admits it to himself or not. This provides that, as well as help me blend in if something big and bad happens."

He shrugged. "Also, if pressed, I can use it to turn a single pony inside out, but it's not something I would be able to do without having to take a nap afterwards." He smiled and bowed slightly. "Any other questions, oh great reporter?"

@@Lightning Bliss,

Hurricane looked at the bustling city with a look of resentment. Then she turned to Lighting Bliss. "This city seeks out the weak ones and does everything in its power to cripple them. Only the tuff ones survive and the others get chewed up and spit out. I'm tellin' ya, the ponies here are completely different from any other town." she explained while still keeping her hard expression. "You always gotta be  top dog. And the worst thing about this city, my sister lives here."

Edited by Houndoom

@

"Actually yes, I do have more questions. Does it affect you mentally? I understand that it is merely an arm, but it is demonic, and they tend to have ways." Everlast lowered his voice, "I ask because we may have a problem with  sanity of sorts as it is you see. Blaze worries me. Well, he doesn't worry me. He- what is inside him worries me. He is not in his own mind, and I was wondering, if you could perhaps help me. I need to know what it is like to use magic not exactly your own. I need a way to figure out how I could separate two parts of a mind while leaving the person intact. Sort of like removing a magical tumor." he shuddered. "I can't use empathic magic with this kind of problem, and that takes away most of my tools." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Bliss gulped as Hurricane laid down the truth about the city, and darted her eyes on the ground, feeling like she was one of those 'weaker' ponies of the group already. But quickly not wanting to look foolish, she lifted her head up, darted back her large ears and cleared her throat.

"Well then...guess... I better suck it up," she snorted and trotted ahead to be next to Raze as he lead the way into the city, holding her head up confidently high.

@@purple.teal,

"It gives me some odd mood swings at times, and it irradiates an odd energy that sometimes makes ponies change colors, but it doesn't do anything other than that. Casting through it feels a lot liek casting through my horn, it just tends to be a bit more sluggish and release a lot more energy." He shrugged before going into thought. "A psychic surgery of sorts? I was kinda interested at that in the college, but then I decided that I didn't want to do that with my life. I have a bit of textbook knowlege, but other than that.... However, I do know someone who can. It would require a trip a few miles north of here- an old cathedral called the Celatum. There's an order of monks who specialize in the mind and psychic behavior, and one of the higher members of the order used to be my friend before she joined some demon-hunting group."

He sighed and lead Everlast away from the group, pointedly remaining out of earshot of at least Blaze. "It would honestly depend on what else is in there, being able to remove and slpit the mind.. If it's bound to the object, just destroy or remove the object in question. If it's an outside possession, it can mostly be dispelled using extremely strong dispellations- but I can't abjure for the life of me- or by killing/disrupting the possessor. A demon, I can handle. If it's literally a mental tumor, it can be removed, but often at the cost of a pony's memory- or even worse, his empathy. Split personalities can be combined, but neither side can be completely destroyed, and, of course, you can destroy a pony's mind entirely, but you cannot change or add something to their mind without magic beyond what is mortally capable or a willling subject to add/swap parts of their mind, although this often leads to amnesia, psychopathy, or insanity."

He sighed. "But, then again, I haven't studied this. Perhaps the monks of Celatum would be a better choice for this. It's something that you would have to put to the group. But, if you do, be warned- unless he's raving, the subject in question has to be fully aware of the risks and knowingly accept to what the monks tell him, so sneaking him over there without his knowlege won't work..."

After Lightning Bliss walked ahead, Hurricane thought about her experience in Manehatten. She didn't spend much time there, but when she was there, she wanted to forget every moment of it. Her sister, Clarice, picked on her and they both fought and bickered. Her sister would tell her stories of crimes that happened in the city in attempt to scare Hurricane. When Hurricane looked around the city when she was little, she only noticed the bad stuff because of what Clarice had drilled into her mind about the city. "Hate this place." she said out loud to herself. She then badly hoped that no pony from Cloudsdale would notice her. She did stand out from other colorful ponies with her black coat and mane and tail.

Edited by Houndoom

@,

"Raze?" She called over his shoulder as they got within the city limits. "Please tell me we're going to get a hotel room or something...My hooves are..." she winced as she stepped on the hard concret paved sidewalks, "they are starting to get a bit...tender...and I'm getting hungry."

@

Everlast paused for a second, pondering what was just said. "The sword. It is bound to an object and I am sure it is the sword. He wasn't acting like this until the fight, when he attempted a magic attack using it." Everlast thought for a moment more, recalling everything he learned in the trip about the alicorn in question. "This brings up another question, is his power directly tied to the blade? He doesn't recall any life other than as an alicorn and he never, as far as I'm aware, received any formal training in magic. His use of fire came naturally to him. Could the sword be the source of everyhing for him? If it is, I'm doubting he will take kindly to shattering everything he has ever known. Maybe I am overreacting. Maybe this is a part of him. I really don't know him beyond the basic knowledge and what I have learned over the past three days of adventure."

Everlast began to walk to rejoining the group. "Perhaps we should talk about this more later. My suggestion now is still the same as before. Look, but don't touch. If he should do something that will clearly have adverse effects on us. Then we stop him and see what can be done."

• Brohoof 1

@@purple.teal,

"Yes, of course this will warrant further study before we touch." He shrugged. "I thought that this was this fiery alicorn's personality; I didn't think that this was abnormal. Hmm... interesting. I will have to observe quietly."

@@Lightning Bliss,

Rax'Mar raised his voice a little bit. "If you wish to stop, Madame, I have a few acquaintances in town that I could probably have you all bunk with. Heck, we might be able to get a decent bite to eat if we're lucky. At least, I hope they are in town. I've got a couple things to do while I'm here, like grab a backpack and drop off some ingredients with a friend. Shouldn't take more than a few hours, but you all need your rest."

Hurricane heard Lighting Bliss complain about hunger, and that made Hurricane realize just how hungry she was. Just then, she smelled an amazing aroma coming from somewhere in a group of shops in the city. The smell was coming from a small bakery near the group. Then, Hurricane looked around to see that nopony was looking before she slipped away from the group and headed toward the bakery. It had an outdoor seating area where she spotted a small loaf of cinnamon bead and an apple muffin. They were sitting on a small table looking like they were about to be served to awaiting ponies. She watched as a waitress put the treats into separate brown bags. Hurricane grabbed a small rock and flew up into the clouds. Once she was up there, she threw the rock at a group of tin trash cans. They crashed down with a loud noise making everypony turn their heads. When they were distracted, Hurricane swooped down and grabbed her target before flying back to the group.

@@Lightning Bliss,

"Hey Princess," she said before tossing the bag with the muffin over to Lightning Bliss. "Don't think I like sharing." she smirked.

Edited by Houndoom

@, @,

Bliss blinked as she caught the bag briskly being thrown at her, with her levitation. She blinked at the bag, then back at Hurricane in surprise. "But I didn't pay for this! Did you?" She opened the bag and smelled the sweet warm freshly baked pastry, "oh gosh, I wish you didn't buy me anything. How much do I owe you? Gah..." she suddenly stopped then thinking about Rax'Mar's offer of staying at a local inn.

Her feet were sore and pounding. She sat down on the sidewalk and lifted one of her back hooves up for inspection and realized to her horror that a cyst had grown just underneath the nail of her hoof. It was deep and large, very uncomfortable, and the very sight of it made her put it down and turn away. "My hooves..." she whimpered turning to Hurricane, Rax'Mar and the others, "they really are bad..."

@,

She attempted to stand up again, trying to keep up with the group, only to stummble and fall up, right against the least pony she didn't want to be around... Blaze..."Gah...sorry..." she tried to apologize...only for suddenly her horn to spark and ignite once again in response to the odd pony that claimed to be Blaze. Her eyes turned into fear as her magic was now finally close enough to understand what was going on in the poor Prince's being. There was another entity within him...and it was cruel and vile. "What...are you..." she attempted to stand and back away, only to stummble back down on her stomach in front of him again.

@@Lightning Bliss

Blaze smiled and spoke quietly so only Lightning Bliss could hear, "Aww, Silly Princess can't walk anymore on her sore hooves? Need someone to carry you? Or can you cease being weak for more than 5 minutes to find some where to rest?" Blaze walked past Lightning and continued going forward from the rest of the group.

Edited by I Blaze I

@@Lightning Bliss

Everlast had reintegrated back into the group and saw Lightning Bliss stumble around. A little problem. Something to take my mind of the big ones. "Need help princess?" He stood over her and kindly asked. He reached a hoof to help her up, and lit up his horn with his healing magic.

@, @@purple.teal,

Under the normal circumstances, Bliss would have been hurt by the cruel words as the male alicorn stepped over her and went about on his merry way...but this time, it only ignited a slight tint of anger, along with concern. She tried to stand once more, only to cripple again, just as Everlast came up next to her, offering his healing magic. (OCC Which I find OP in RPs, kinda ruins it on getting to medical supplies but eh)

"Everlast..." she motioned him to come closer, "there is something very wrong with Blaze... I know for certain this time...gah..." her hooves twinged, they all felt to have cysts on them now. "My magic...it responds to the imbalance, the disharmony of peace in the enviorment and even other beings. I sense when there's a battle going on inside...and there's something horrible inside Blaze...Whoever that alicorn is right now...it's not the Blaze we first started out with...Infact I think our...real Blaze...is in danger...gah...I just...can't prove it." She attempted to stand once more, only to fall back on her side again. Frustrating.

"You believe me don't you? I wouldn't make this up!" She asked him urgently, "Blaze is in trouble...there's something possessing him right now..."

@@Lightning Bliss, @@purple.teal, @

'You're friends are beginning to annoy me.' The entity stated to Blaze in his mind. 'I don't want to rush my plan anymore then they are already making me. I might have to take care of Lightning Bliss, she's getting to curious and I can't have her interfering. Tonight while everyone is deep in slumber...' The Entity finished his thought and trotted along the street.

Edited by I Blaze I

@@Lightning Bliss,

"You don't owe me anything." Hurricane said to Lightning Bliss. After walking for a little while longer, she noticed a little confrontation between Lightning Bliss and Blaze. She didn't hear anything, but after seeing Blaze walk off and Lightning Bliss needing help from Everlast, she decided to approach Blaze. She flew forward landed next to him. This time she tried a different approach than forcefulness. "Hey." she said with uncertainty in attempt to make conversation.

@,

(((OOC: To an extent, it is. I like playing a medical type character, because everyone I play with usually neglects that part. But it does have limits. Because he doesn't heal wounds. He transfers them.)))

@@Lightning Bliss

Everlast chuckled at the princesses words. "I believe you, You aren't crazy. He isn't alone in his own mind so to speak. But with what I've seen so far, I can't say it is safe to attempt to mess with it. Without knowing exactly what the problem is, I can't do anything about it."

Edited by purple.teal

@

The Entity focused Blazes essence to be more realistic before facing Hurricane, "Hey.... I can't believe they think something is wrong with me. That doesn't make any sense. I'm perfectly fine even if maybe I've been acting strange lately, I'm still me. I mean.... Who else could I be?"

@,

"I don't know." Hurricane said. "It's just...you used to be really level headed and cool, but lately, you've been lashing out and have been really angry." she kept her tone down and level. "I was just worried I guess." Hurricane then paused for a moment. "You know, you were the first pony I thought of as a potential friend." she gave a small smile hoping it would help.