Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Journey to the Higher Plane

Jack Baker

@@Lightning Bliss

@

@@Pripyat Pony

@@purple.teal

The Entity stumbled out of the alley way, blood still dripping from his mouth. "I have to find somewhere to rest, I'm exhausting this body and I need to let my wounds heal, but where can I go that they will not find me?" The Entity growled and looked around the city, he would have to move among the shadows to avoid being spotted. "I must also decipher this map I stole from the Scribe, but that will be a simple task." He started moving along the streets hastily, but inconspicuously.

Peace. Bliss. Serenity. As The princess's magic enveloped his, these thoughts eased him. He let it wipe away all his stress, and when it was over, Everlast felt weak. His legs almost gave way but he was able to catch himself."Yes, I feel much better... Thank you."  He was amazed by the power the princess possessed and reached for his bag to document the effects, but then realized that one of the reasons he was in this predicament is because his bag was taken. 

He felt his stress returning at the thought of loosing all his equipment, and he wiped his hoof across his face, the scar was still there as well. He pulled up when he heard Hurricane's suggestion. 

@,@@Pripyat Pony, @@Lightning Bliss

"I think, that we should first get some rest. I feel that if he was as tired as you say he was when he left, he will be forced to rest as well."

@@purple.teal, @, @@Lightning Bliss, "I would agree on that as far as Lightning and Hurricane are concerned," Clover replied to Everlast. "I haven't been thru what they have, so I could maybe do something. Perhaps you could help me? There is a finding spell I could invoke, but I'll need a totum in order to invoke it. Basically, a hair from Blaze's coat. I'm sure that there's one to be found, and after that, I could perform the spell. That way, at least we'll always know how to find him even if we do need to rest and recuperate before we go after him."

@@purple.teal, @, @@Lightning Bliss, @@Pripyat Pony

The Entity found himself standing in front of a shambled building, it was deserted no doubt and looked unstable. It seemed like a good enough environment to rest until the morrow. He stepped inside and cleared space in what looked like was the living room. It was honestly too hard to tell, everything had been scorched for whatever reason. The Entity would also have to take precaution, their were many ways to find him, and no doubt they had many enchantments or spells to track him down. The best strategy would be to stay hidden until he could keep moving again. He settled down on the floor and shut his eyes, but not entirely letting his guard down.

First thought, Everlast was loathe to go all night without rest, but as Clover explained what she needed he perked up again. 

@@Pripyat Pony

"That sounds like a good plan. All you need is a hair from Blaze you say? Well, I'm sure if we just look up here on the roof, we could find some torn off in the fight." With that he set about searching the battleground that the fighters left behind.

@@purple.teal, @@Pripyat Pony, @,

"Though I'm all for finding Blaze as soon as possible," Bliss began as she started to search the roof alongside, "I think Everlast is right Clover...We should all try to get a bit of rest otherwise we'll be useless against the Entity when we find him...I admit even though my magic seemed to help, I feel exhausted from the effects...But I think thats' just a sideeffect from feeling at complete and unyeilding peace for a time. If it's one thing I noticed my magic is good at, it's helping you relax and give you clarity..."

Her legs were just as wobbly as Everlast's as she searched the roof. A small gentle smile crossed her face realizing that her magic actually was being 'useful' for once in their situation. It certaintly wasn't meant for battle...but to diffuse a situation it was defiently good at.

As she scaned the roof top, she went to the specific area where Blaze had her and Hurricane trapped in his fire dome, wondering if it were possible a feather or hair might have fallen.

"You see anything Hurricane?" Bliss asked her as she crouched closer, sniffing the concret.

@@Lightning Bliss,

Hurricane followed Lightning Bliss to the roof. She looked around on the ground for something that could help. Finally growing tired and annoyed of not finding anything, she spread out her large wings and pushed them forward. The wind created from the force made  the dirt and anything else laying on the roof to be pushed into the air. As she examined the dust cloud. a fine, white hair caught the moonlight. As soon as she saw it, she knew it had to belong to Blaze and she rushed toward it and caught it. "Got it!" she yelled to the others. Then another thought crossed her mind. Hurricane turned to Lightning Bliss, "How do we know this isn't yours?" she asked her.

@,

"Good question," Bliss walked up to the hair eagerly. "Well...I did wash up earlier in our room...Surely this hair will have a significant scent." She sniffed the hair from a distance at first, "hmm..." she got closer, sniffing even harder, "hmmm...." Once more she got a good strong whiff...

"*CHOKES* Gah...yup that is not me..." She rubbed her nose, "it has the scent of charcoal on it...If it were me, it would probably smell like pony powder and sea breeze soap."

"Perfect," Clover said, hurrying over. "And it's not mine, either; I use a perfume which smells like new mown hay and this hair, like Lightning says, smells of charcoal. Also, the hair is thicker and coarser; stallion hairs generally are."

She used her magic to float a small vial out of her saddlebag and carefully place the hair inside. "This totem, used with the finding spell, will mean that we can locate Blaze and the entity within and it doesn't matter where he goes. Cuz it focuses on the body."

Steel, Quickdraw, and Raze looked at the strand of hair with interest.

"Well, it ain't mine," Quickdraw said, scratching his head. "I might be on the road a lot, but mine doesn't smell like charcoal... I think."

"It's not mine either," Steel said solemnly.

Raze shook his head. "And it isn't mine. I know what my hair smells like."

@@Pripyat Pony, @, @, @purple.teal

Bliss sat down and watched as Clover performed her stuff, feeling more then ever she now deserved to be back in a bed...That is if the hotel staff could fix their room in time before night fall. She looked to the others as Steel and Quickdraw confirmed the hair wasn't theirs. She didn't know if it was the magic that came from her not too long ago, or the fact everypony seemed to stop fighting, but she felt safe enough with them being around, and even mustered the nerve to speak to them.

"Well now, I guess thanks to our little journey..." she giggled at the two stallions, "you're stuck with us now. Maybe it's destiny you two are coming along with us...But we are still shy Blaze... Is there any chance the two of you have good tracking means to find him while Clover makes her spell? The sooner morning rises the better and we need all the help we can get."

Quickdraw rubbed his neck. "Well... I ain't a unicorn, so I don't have any fancy magic or nothin' that I can use... unless he left hoof prints around that I can track, I don't think I'm gonna be much help."

"I could... fly," Steel Tempest said, stretching his wings. "I could track him from above; my eyesight is pretty good if I do say so myself..."

Clover busied herself with the spell. It required a certain amount of concentration, and Clover's horn glowed softly green as she murmured the words of the incantation. Soon, the hair began to glow with a faint light, and Clover sat up, satisfied. She gave one last effort, and a small, silvery white compass dropped out of thin air to land next to the vial. The hair stopped glowing and Clover turned to the others.

"There," she said. "This compass will point to whereever Blaze happens to be. When he is close, the hair will glow brighter."

@@Lightning Bliss' @@Pripyat Pony, @, @

Blaze opened his eyes in a panic, he lifted up his head and looked at the doorway. "Someone just performed a tracking spell, this isn't good, they'll find me eventually." He got up from the dust and exited the crippled house. "I need to keep moving, but where could I go?" Blaze growled and began flying towards the opposite direction of the spell that was cast. He flew under the radar trying to avoid anyone seeing him. Maybe somewhere underground they wouldn't find them as easy, but finding somewhere like that is easier said then done, nonetheless he started searching.

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @,

"Then we should be set for tomrrow, that is unless you want to postpone the journey for a little while Raze?" She asked the zebra in an almost pleading way. "We can look for him tomrrow with the help of Steel's eyes and Clover's totem. But I think we ought to get some rest before Celestia rises the sun again...I don't think I could go another day with these hooves..." She lifted them up to show eveypony how viciously red underneath they looked.

"Besides..." she put them down, "I think the Entity was weakened by my power and Blaze's encouragement to be released... I don't think...he gotten that far... Call me crazy...but I just...feel it..."

(OOC Btw Blaze and Pripya, I did this finally! I'll post the image on my art thread:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRgSO33cQSA&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 4

@@Lightning Bliss, Ooc: That is just totally AWESOME! You're a super artist! :)

"I agree with you, Lightning," Clover replied. She tucked the totem into her saddlebags. "This will find Blaze whereever he runs or flies to, it's focused on him. So we ought to rest up before we go after him. I can do some healing on your hooves, Lightning, and perhaps you could bathe them in some salt water? My friend Ruby swears by it for sore hooves."

((OOC: WOW. That is AMAZING!!! Wish you could draw Steel and Quickdraw, that would be cool XD))

"After what happened tonight, I think we should," Raze said, putting his blades away. "It can wait; after all, it isn't going anywhere." He smiled at Lightning.

Steel nodded. "Fair enough. Now, speaking of resting up..." He pulled out what appeared to be a bamboo drinking bottle filled with alcohol. He threw it up into the air, and caught it with his blade, balancing it on top.

"The blade, above all things..." he said smiling, then began to balance it on the tip of the sword. "Except a good drink!" He flicked in the air, then caught it with his hoof, while sheathing his blade. "Shaken, not stirred, of course." He drank from it, and sighed with content.

Quickdraw shrugged. "I'm down for it. Anyone up for a round of cards back in the room?" he said while taking out a deck of playing cards from his saddlebags. "And no, they're not dangerous."

@@Lightning Bliss,@@Pripyat Pony, @,  

@,

Hurricane yawned. "I've had enough cards for one night." she said concealing her dagger back into her wing. "I'm gonna turn in back into my room, or, what's left of it." she said looking back up at the destroyed pent house. "Maybe we'll finally have a night of peace and qui-" she cut herself off. "Who am I kidding, something's bound to go wrong" she laughed. She then flew up to the pent house and looked at it's remains. Hurricane then looked above herself to see a bunch of clouds. She flew up, grabbed one, and brought it down so it was just above the penthouse. after that, she lied down on it and closed her eyes.

@ 

"I do enjoy a good game of cards, but I am in need of rest for the night. Perhaps another time." Everlast went back to the roof access and down the stairs to the penthouse. All the while he was in awe at the destruction they caused. It is a wonder no one else has woken up yet to see what the ruckus was all about. I wonder what the staff are going to thing when they do wake up and find it all. 

As he went to bed, Everlast was replaying all the action that happened that day in his head. Memory would have to do until he could document it all in his journal. 

@, "Why not, I'm too wired up to sleep right now," Clover replied. "But not for bits! I'm not that good at cards! Tho a unicorn mare I vaguely know showed me how to play, it's not my talent as it is hers!"

Clover spoke the truth; she felt that she needed to wind down a bit before heading to bed, as she knew from experience that when she felt like this, she wouldn't sleep straight away.

Blaze flew into an old abandon movie theatre, why had this bustling city bothered to keep so many antique buildings up? He pondered, it just didn't fit this town. He examined the theatre closely, it was big, big enough for his enemies to search for awhile, he began tidying things up and moving junk around. With a little bit more examination a trap door leading to an even bigger basement was found, toy puppets and costumes littered the area. "I could use some of this, set them up as intimidation tactics." Blaze went on the stage, but suddenly heard a door opening and closing. He looked quickly towards the entrance, "they couldn't have found me this fast?"

"Oh Wow, hello there." A mare stepped from the shadows turning on the lights to the stage and seats, it was the mare he had ran into at the hotel. "You know I thought I was the only pony who ever came to visit this old place, but I guess not."

Blaze looked at her with narrow eyes, he could kill her, be done with her, or something a bit more to his advantage in the long run.

Quickdraw shrugged. "Suit yerself. I wasn't really planning on playin' fer money either." He walked backed to the hotel room.

Steel stopped drinking for a moment when he realized he didn't pay for a hotel room, then remembered he was a pegasus and could just sleep on a cloud. "I think I'll take some rest too." He flew up into the air and picked a cloud not far from where Hurricane was. He laid his blade next to him, and sat down on the cloud, and drank some more from his bamboo flask.

@, @, @@Pripyat Pony,

"Sorry everypony, but this wimpy alicorn is calling it a night herself...First to soak my hooves in what Clover suggested, bandage them up then straight to bed! GOOD NIGHT!" She snorted enthustiastically as she focused her magic. In a snap of bright rainbow light she teleported back to her room, her magic now used up for good chunk of time.

"Grr...prehaps I should have flown back to my room...that way I could have levitated all the supplies I need for my stupid hooves..." She sighed and fluttered to the kitchen to grab a large pot big enough for her hooves, filled it with hot water then drenched it in salt water and baking soda before taking it back to her room. It seemed that most of the pent house damage was mostly done to the balcony. There was glass everywhere all over the main living area but nothing the staff couldn't sweep up she was sure. Replacing the glass however...she didn't want to think about.

Placing the pot down next to her bed, she dunked her front hooves in first, resting her bottom half on the bed, sighing in content.

"It will be a long day tomrrow...best to get you bad boys healed..." she snorted at the golden irritated hooves.

@, "Come on then, let's get this game going," Clover said to Quickdraw once they were safely back at the hotel. "Just one quick game, and then we'd better turn in. We're going to have a long day tomorrow, tho my totem will help us track Blaze down. Cuz it's tuned to him, there's no way he can escape."

"This is good, everything is set, I've done my work to this abandon theatre, those prowlers won't get to me without a fight and a hassle, before they know it I'll be long gone. What a shame the things I had to do to get here, but oh well." Blaze turned off the lights in the Theatre and found a place to settle down while he waited for whatever would come next. "I've worked too hard to get here, spending time with those meager fools, I feel weaker just by standing in a vicinity with them. My power so untapped, but soon all of that changes. Very soon"