Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Journey to the Higher Plane

Jack Baker

@@purple.teal,

Finally after a moment of reflecting Bliss shook her head and quickly replied to the chef pony.

"I'll have the biggest sandwich you got! Wish some peach cobbler please!"She laid down some bits for him without asking how much, giving twice then it really was worth, then turned to Everlast. "I plan to eat on the fly, I gotta find a clothing store to get a cloak before we head north."

"Oh heading north are we ponies?" The eagered food cart pony spoke out as he was making their food, "there's a nifty lil'clothing store just down the block from here. They take in cloaks and coats, along with other clothing items and give them to ponies in need. I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out!"

Hurricane got excited when she approached the food cart. She couldn't wait for some good substantial food. "I'll have an alfalfa apple sandwich please." She paused for a moment as her stomach rumbled. "Better get some beet pulp spread on that too." She smiled sheepishly.

@@Lightning Bliss, @, @@purple.teal

"I'm fine with whatever, eating on the fly or staying to rest a bit." He pronounced to the group before approaching the pony manning the food truck with an intention of ordering a sandwich of any sort. "Anything is fine. I'm not picky." He asked while placing a couple bits on the counter of the truck.

"You don't have to wait for any of us Lightning Bliss, you can just head on to the store and get what you need done. Same with the rest of you, I can just wait here on like a bench or something for you all to come back so we can leave."

@

"Alright then, I'll be back quickly." Everlast payed for his food and took off. Eating it as he got out the letter he wrote, and made his way to a post box. Dropping the envelope in he almost giggled. And the best is yet to come. With his personal duty taken care of, He went to the place the chef pointed to. I should have brought my own provisions for a trip like this. He looked at his saddlebags and chuckled a little. If I keep finding more artifacts, I won't have room for any more gear.

@@purple.teal, @, @,

"Alright then!" Bliss smiled and levitated her food up, "I'll head down the ways and get my new cloak then. I'll be back in a jiffy!" She then proceeded to gallop down the cement paved road, dodging taxi wagons as she went while holding her food up in the air high while eating it on the go.

Normally she wouldn't do this but she was so hungry and so eagered to get out of the city finally, that she didn't care. But she could defiently hear her mother's voice chiming in the back of her head: 'Chew you're food you're an animal!'. She could only giggle at the notion and press on.

She skidded to a stop at what looked to be described as the coat store the food cart pony described, and haistly went in. She stated her business quickly after swallowing the last of her food and was handed a brown tethered cloak. It was old defiently and had a few holes in it, but it was heavy and soft, perfect for winter climates. She thanked the clerks, then rapidly flew back to the others. The cape was a heavy brown color, with a thick hood. Luckily for her, it was more then big enough to cover her big long ears.

"How do I look?" She asked everypony.

Blushing_zpsc4dfe239.png

• Brohoof 1

Everlast pulled up behind the princess, and threw away the trash from his lunch. He had is own cloak, bought from the store. "You look great princess, as always. That should be it for me. I'm ready to leave civilization behind and wander into the unknown."

@@Lightning Bliss, @, @

"Anyone got any good travelling songs? I think they always make a trip more enjoyable." 

After receiving her food, Hurricane flew over to the shop while eating her sandwich and bought something to keep her warm. It was the same style as a wonder bolts uniform except all black. Instead of a part that goes over the face, it had a hood. It was light weight, but kept out the cold and contained body heat. "U look like a white alicorn in a brown cloak." Hurricane said jokingly in response to Lightning Bliss.She flew back to the group. "This thing is so comfortable." She said happily as she flew around.

@@Lightning Bliss, @, @@purple.teal

"You all look fine, now I'd like to get a move on and make up for lost time on this journey of our." Blaze said to the entirety of the group. He then looked at a trash can and through the paper that had his sandwich in it before he devoured it. He was pleased with the small meal he had before everyone had come back. "I won't be needing a coat, or anything among that sorts, let's just get going."

@@purple.teal, @, @,

Bliss grinned at Hurricane's comment and snickered as they all got on their way, heading out of the city since they were close to the banner. She trotted at a happy pace, next to Blaze, rubbing her shoulder against his briefly.

"It's just great to have you back you know," she spoke to him happily. "I admit...it feels like...well since you were...well, under that Entity's control, I never got a chance to really get to know you. I hope...we're not on bad terms?"

@@Lightning Bliss, @@purple.teal, @

Blaze looked at Lightning Bliss blankly, "I would hope we aren't on any bad terms." He replied to her with a smile. "I hope all of you will get to know me a bit better than that Prince who got his body stolen." Blaze kept trotting along side Lightning Bliss staring at all the building to his side. Hopefully this would be the last thing that interrupted their journey, but he had a feeling this wouldn't be so.

@,

She smiled to him and eagerly replied:

"I'm just glad we're finally getting the chance to do so. Why don't I start with myself? Since...well technically I brought up the topic." She cleared her throat, while dodging a can that been left on the sidewalk and levitated it up, placing it in the trash bin. "Well I was a pegasus orginally, born in Cloudsdale. I have five other siblings...though my elder sister I don't...see much anymore...But I won't touch that subject. I my second elder sister, she has four foals of her own! I believe she's still living in Cloudsdale though with her unicorn husband. Ya...how they made that work? He conjured a spell to walk on clouds on a permeanet bases. You can imagine the stares they get when nearly two of their foals are unicorns! They are so cute!"

She was really getting into sharing her family personal information and went on.

"My stallion brother, Jon Pryzim, he moved to Baltimare to be with his stallion lover, pretty sure he's a former Royal guard. Very nice to him but sadly I don't see him very often. There's my other stallion brother who's with his marefriend back in Cloudsdale. They had a foal of their own too it seems. Ahem...but I'm rammbling. I moved to Appleloosa with my mother and stepfather...after my father passed away... It was just me and my youngst sister Rosie Lips. My step father is a Mustang from Mustangia who wanted the taste of western life in Appleloosa. He showed me a great deal of the joys of running I can tell you that!" She grinned.

@@Lightning Bliss, Ooc: Just to let you know that I'm back! 

Clover had awakened from her sleep feeling refreshed but very hungry. She stretched herself, from the tip of her wings to the tips of her hooves. Ahhh, that was better! Clover had gone with the others for something to eat and had chosen a few rounds of daisy and beet sandwiches from the food cart. Once she'd gotten the meal down, she felt even better. Clover had excused herself to go and get herself a warm coat from the store, and the sales clerk had talked her into also getting some matching boots to go with them. The coat and boots were warm and trimmed with fake fur in pale blue; the main part of both was pale lilac. Returning, she looked round at the others, grinning to see how the other mares had chosen plain coats.

• Brohoof 1

Everlast trailed behind the other ponies, partially listening to their conversations and humming to himself. He enjoyed the luxuries of society, but he loved being out in the field. It's been so long since I've left my desk, there always seems to be more to catalogue. This time, I will do the seeking, and the rest of them can index my find. And what a find it will be. Something that Starswirl himself didn't finish. This is like a legend I would hear as a little colt. A group of brave adventurers find a wish granting object. 

He frowned then. A thought marring his bliss. Of course, the last time I was on a trip like this... He shook his head. They aren't the same ponies. He shook off those thoughts and turned his attention to the ponies he was currently with. That was when he noticed Clover in her fancy jacket and boots. 

@@Pripyat Pony

"Travelling in style. Truly the only way to travel I suppose, you make me feel shabby now, princess." He chucked a little, hoping to strike up a friendly conversation, something to get his mind off work. 

@@purple.teal, Clover smiled at Everlast. "Well," she replied, "I suppose that I caught the glam bug from the time I first went to the Carousel Boutique. I'd only gone there to get the hem taken down on my old dress for the Grand Galloping Gala, but the owner, Rarity, gasped in horror and said that I ought to get a new one. The design was so beautiful, that I decided to treat myself for a change. This was, funnily enough, the last Gala I went to before I was sent on the mission to the Northlands of Equestria."  

@@Pripyat Pony 

"The Grand Galloping Gala has always sounded nice, but I can't say I've ever been in attendance. Always busy. Even now, this adventure is more of a business trip than anything else. But you said that it was your last Gala. I suppose you got to spend a lot of time with the princesses, before and after becoming a princess yourself." He paused, and looked around the group before looking back at Clover. "Did the princesses send you on this little trip?"

Hurricane quietly listened to the ponies' conversations as she flew above their heads. She wondered how far this journey would take them. She didn't know exactly where she was going or why. She was just along for the ride and happened to be enjoying herself with these ponies. She had warmed up to them and was now closer to them than any other pony she had met.

Hurricane looked around at the buildings and shops. There were so many and they looked pretty expensive. They must have been in the richer part of town. She couldn't understand why ponies would pay so much to look nice.

After hearing Everlast mention the Grand Gallping Gala, she moved her attention to his conversation with Clover.

@@purple.teal, "Not this time," Clover replied. "I was just curious about the trip and decided to come along as a result of reading the notice. You see, after the Northlands mission, suddenly it seemed to me that my life lacked excitement. I guess I somehow got hooked on adventures after the mission. I wasn't alone on that mission, either; my best friend Stargazer went with me. Which was a good thing, as it turned out, cuz the Northern ponies tend to be suspicious of 'magic users' as they call unicorns, due to the fact that there are hardly any of them living there, and the fact that I, a unicorn, was accompanied by a pegasus, helped them to warm up to me a bit more than if I'd gone on my own. They spoke more easily to Stargazer too and she really helped a lot with the mission by collecting information that I'd never have been able to find out by myself." 

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Well it seems you are getting more excitment now then expected eh?" Bliss chimed in, slowing down her pace to meet up with the others. "I've been on my fair share of adventures myself, but I never helped a northern pony town like you did...It makes me wonder now...what will come upon us during our travels...Heh this would probably a make a good book. Maybe even rival up to the legends of Starswirl the Beared himself."

She kinda giggled at the notion, joking to herself. There was no way their quest could have been as epic as the great Bearded and his travels!

@,

Bliss then eyed Hurrican above their heads, she looking pretty happy with flying above them. The idea of being free in the air after being on her feet so long, enticed her to join the black mare and then in turn leapt up to join her. The air was crips and clearer as they left the city of Manehattan behind them...heading towards the mountains...

@@Lightning Bliss

Everlast laughed, "Now that you mention it, I have been keeping a journal of sorts on this journey. More for research than entertainment, but if this succeeds, I'm sure we will become legend, and it will be retold and embellished." But she had already flown up to hurricane and he wasn't sure if she heard.

@@Pripyat Pony

He turned back to Clover. " I do enjoy adventures as well, but this is more excitement than I bargained for. I should have known it wasn't going to be easy, never is." 

@@Lightning Bliss

All Blaze could do is listen to Lightning Bliss talk about her family, all experiencing different life's with different interests. He nodded at Lightning and gave her a smile, "Sounds like you have a wonderful family." He said to her before she went off trying to strike conversation with the others as well.

@@purple.teal, @@Pripyat Pony

Blaze continued trotting on the ground level with all the ponies to his side not much interested in trying to communicate with the, at the moment, at least while they were talking about their adventures and family members.

Hurricanes attention was turned to Lightning Bliss after she flew up next to her. "Hey Princes." She said in a rather confused voice. She didn't know what would compel Lightning Bliss to fly next to her when all her friends were down on the ground.

Hurricane didn't know what to talk about with her. "Ever been to the North before?" She finally asked.

@,

Bliss waved to the others to acknowledge she heard them before turning her attention back to Hurricane. There was a strong updraft for a moment that threw her off some balance. But with a clip flap of her right wing she was able to righten herself with ease.

"Well..." Bliss answered rather, hesitently. "It's...kinda a long story but to answer it simply, yes...It was a couple of times...and sadly both were...not so good memories."

Her mind drifted into those first two times she'd been to the north. The first time, was much like the second. After she had finished a long diplomatic meeting, and was given a ride by a golden dragon to a vacation spot, curtiousy from the dragons for her taking such a long time to travel to their lands. The spot was in the north, a cabin in the woods for tourists. But what would happen there next was full of horror, blood and...doubt. But she quickly shook of the memory of the horror factor and instead switched to the more ailment of her trip.

"I got sick up there...badly sick...think it was hyperthermia...and well...the second time I went up there I caught a really, really sick with some kind of flu..." she lied slightly on the second part knowing it was an actual curse of sickness brought on by the circumstances of the horror factor. "I guess...the cold doesn't really agree with me at all. I do hope we camp more often and get fires going in the night."

@@purple.teal,"Well, that's the nature of adventures," Clover replied, agreeing with Everlast. "Still, once we get to the Northlands, we hopefully ought to be alright since we have Hurricane with us. Even if the ponies of the North are suspicious of us 'magic users' at first. I don't know how they view alicorns tho; ought to be interesting to say the least." 

@@Pripyat Pony

"Well, depending on which direction we take, I suppose we have a chance of meeting some of the ponies from your previous encounter. They may recognize you, and since you helped them before, help us now. Just a hope. I would like to meet someone on this trip who is not going to try to undermine our efforts." 

Of course, the most insidious threat always comes from within. If what we find is true, suppose only one pony could have it... Who would be the one to take it? What would they do to make sure it became their's?

"If nothing else IF we meet them, although I am loathe to suggest it, we could split the party. The unicorns and whomever else they reject work around while the others work with the inhabitants to make their own way. then we meet up again when out of their land. although I would like to meet ponies who have remained secluded enough to resist magic entering their society."

Steel Tempest listened to the conversation with interest. Ponies that hate magic? That was something he thought he'd never heard of before. Where he had come from, magic was cherished and worshipped, thought to be a sacred form of energy passed down to certain chosen ponies by the creators of this world. Many of his people had looked to magic users for guidance and protection, including himself. To hear of a people that are suspicious of it... that surprised him.

He adjusted the sole scarf he had purchased; it would be enough to keep him warm. He stood next to Quickdraw, who was wearing a winter cloak along with his typical Appleloosan garb.

((OOC: I'm back!))

• Brohoof 1