Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Journey to the Higher Plane

Jack Baker

Clover looked doubtful. "We ought not to move from here til the blizzard dies down," she said. "I don't want to stay here, but equally, I don't think it's safe for us to go outside just yet. While I was giving the hippogryth mother a burial, the snow nearly knocked me down. Sure, we could use magic, but it would only exhaust us and then we'd be easy pickings for any predator out there. Hurricane is right; we ought to stay here, build a fire and take turns keeping watch."

After looking around, Quickdraw nodded in agreement.

"Fine by me," he said, setting his gun down and sitting on top of where he was standing. He looked at the hippogryphon, who was still trying to imitate Bliss, and tried to touch it, seeing how it would react.

Steel and Raze both tried to find places where they could settle down. Raze took out his map and studied where they should be headed next, while Steel decided to take out something from his bags... an oriental flute. He sat down, and began to play it.

http://www.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=xsihxORASks

Edited by Polnareff

Everlast saw where the hatchling went, and was a bit relieved. It would explain why it is still alive. With everyone settling in to their new camp, he chose a spot to sit, and observe the area. He didn't feel like opening his books, and instead listened to Steel play his music, while watching the hatchling micic it's 'mother'. A sad scene... A long term solution will have to be found for the baby. I suppose maybe a nearby roost would adopt it. Though, if they are territorial, I doubt it.

Edited by purple.teal

With majority of the group settling down into the cave, and with the mother's body finally buried, Bliss could only attempt to relax, and levitated her cloak back over where she orginally had carried the baby and used it as a pillow. She then turned to her saddle bags and levitated out her sleeping bag and was attempting to snuggle in for the night, when the baby chirped.

@,

She looked and realized that Quickdraw had curiously touched the little one and it seemed excited to be aquainted with another one of his 'mother's' kind. It chirped and snuggled under Quickdraw's hoof, it clearly was very gentle and sweet towards any stranger that associated with her. It then noticed she was slumping into her sleeping bag and immideatly leapt up, out of its nest and quickly ducked head first into the side of her bag, quite litterally squishing up next to her.

"HOOF! Hey!" She snorted feeling a sharp beak poke her thie unintentionally, "watch those talons you little...um..." she sighed as the gryph turned around and poked its head out, giving her big puppy baby eyes at her. It looked sad, fearing it had done something wrong to upset her. "Gah...oh...whatever..." she sighed again and quickly smiled to reassure the poor thing, "just...go to sleep...no whining, I don't want to hear any crying tonight ok?" She lightly patted its head and laid her head down.

The hippogryph hatchling copied in turn and laid its head down, snuggling it close into her neck.

She sighed realizing this wasn't going to be easy finding a new home for the little guy...Blaze was right, she knew she shouldn't get attatched in the hopes to at least doing so...but a spark was slowly forming deep in her heart...She attempted to keep it low...and hope the earning burn of motherhood didn't surface fully. She drooped her ears back till they were covering the little one's head, listening to the sound of Steel's soothing flute...It made the baby go to sleep within seconds!

@,

Bliss then spotted Hurricane, still seeming in shock by the sight earlier, and could only offer a worried glance.

"It will be ok Hurricane...we'll find a way out of here...I'm sure we will. Long as we have each other." She smiled.

(OOC Think after everypony says what they need to say I'll set up the attack.)

Hurricane smiled at Lighting Bliss after her attempt to cheer her up. "Thanks Bliss" she said as she walked over next to her. "I'm not really tired so I think I'll take the first watch." She then turned her gaze toward the baby hippogryph. "You should probably name that little guy. I think we all know you're gonna end up with it." She smirked.

@,

She shrugged, "No...I couldn't be its mother or guardian...I just couldn't..." she argued, "he could do better... I'm a Princess...I have roles to forfill back home after this...How would I ever make time for him? No..." she tried to convience herself, "he deserves the best mother in the world that will give him every second of attention he deserves."

She heared the baby coo softly as it fell asleep, making her smile gently at it. "Still...I guess calling him "Babe" for now or Baby will be alright...can't just keep calling him "it"."

Raze looked at Lightning with a raised brow and a smirk.

"Oh, come on. If you're gonna give him a name, at least give a proper one. Like I don't know, maybe Zeph or something... Y'know, like zephyr? The word for wind? Cuz he's a creature with wings? Eh, nevermind..." he resumed reading the map.

"I think Zephyr is a good name for the little one," Clover said, with a smile. "In any case, if we do find a hippogryth mare to adopt him, they're going to ask what his name is so we need to have something to call him."

Clover set about using her magic to clean up the cave, now that it was clear that they would all be staying there for the while at least. She cleaned up all the blood, dirt and dust to make the cave spotless.

"What do you think little one? Zephyr a good name for you?" She nuzzled the feather head baby...the only response she got was a frowny face along with a growl of disapproval as he continued to sleep. "Hmm...even in his sleep he's cute, huffy face or not. I don't think that name would suite him though...It just, feels like his own personality hasn't been established yet...Don't worry his name will come in time." She smiled to the others, "But for now, I'm gonna get some shut eye, I'm freezing my tail off!" She quickly tucked her tail back in under the sleeping back, and planted her head, falling fast asleep.

[Attack Scene: Take note, these hippogryphs, are magic immune, throw back, primitive creatures. Yes they can talk but they are tribal, savage brutes at this point, who developed that one key defense against other creatures, magic immunity. No matter what kind of spells you throw at them, it has no effect. BUT! You can manipulate the space around them *hint hint*, however the plan is, they will marenap all the mares, and more likely attempt to beat you stallions up. Feel free to take control of these hippo gryphs at any time for any scene you wish, but keep to the point of this plot, the gryphs marenap us mares and take us away to their caves, you stallions have to rescue us! So here we go...]

Atmosphere

Outside the cave in the cold blizzard...a leading hippogryph with gray feathers and a black pony body, dove down to inspect his former kill he had left behind to freeze. The bloody female...he shrugged to himself, she dared to dismiss MY affections? Pfft, oh well she'll make a good popcycle meal for me... As he landed though, he came to a startling conclusion.

"WHAT THE?" He squwaked several feet from the cave where he couldn't be heared, "MY FOOD IS GONE!?"

"What's the problem Roc?" A golden hippogryph came down behind, landing down behind the bigger gray male. His landing was less then graceful as he slipped some...and his feathers and fur were dirty and sticking out in random places, "Woa slippy!"

"Shut up Stone!" Roc the gray gryph smacked his less intelligent comrade in the beak.

"OUCH!" Cried Stone as the fatter, more aggressive looking of the hippo gryphs, a snow white male with black spots fluttered down, giving off a good laugh at the misfortune of Stone.

"Always the baby Stone? So pathetic," the white gryph, known as Berack stomped passed the moping Stone and stood ground with Roc. "What is it now Roc..."

"My food is gone..." Roc shrugged and sat down.

"That female that you turned you down? Shame really, I would have had a go at her if you didn't slit the back of her spine out..." Berack shrugged as he stomped towards the cave just a few feet from it.

"She made me mad, not my fault, she should have adored my affections! I am the best male around these parts!" Roc stomped up and smacked Stone again to take out his rage.

"OUCH! What I do now???" Stone held up his wings in submission.

"YOU'RE HERE! SHUT UP!" Roc shrugged and stomped away, "Now what do we do...I'm bored...no more females and no food..."

"Hey..." Berack called out to his brothers, "I think I just found our fun....Get a load of this boys..." He gestured a talon over to them, to which the other two males quickly huddled over and peaked the large eage heads inside. There inside to their delight, were a bunch of smalle creatures they've never seen before. One thing was for sure, several of them all had feathers...and even more so...at least three of them appeared to be..."females"....

"Our luck just got better boys!" Roc squwaked with joy and flew in, causing a huge breeze amongst the beings, and went straight for the white mare sleeping in her bag and snatched her up.

Bliss was jolted awake, feeling herself being ripped out of her bag by her mane and dangled up exposed.

"GAH!!! WHAT THE?? HELP!" She whinnied loudly.

Berack went for another female, appearing to be a grayer version of the white being Roc grabbed...Clover, while Stone snatched up a blacker version...Hurricane.

@,

"Look at my female!" Stone chuckled with joy as he snatched Hurricane up by her tail and then grabbed her wings and stretched her out to his brothers. "She's got this painted looking image on her rump! And she's got pink highlights! Odd though...she doesn't have a beak but OH!" He chuckled and hugged her tightly to his chest, "She's so adorable! I claim her! MY MATE! I followed the rules!"

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Shut up Stone, could care less if you want that one," Berack snorted as he held Clover up by her torso for inspection, "Mine has a horn and wings...No beak though...how odd...strange but oh well, I'm not picky. Maybe I could stretch this nose of yours out darling..." He held her head up and lightly scratched at her cheeks, getting a thrill out of seeing fear in her eyes.

@@Lightning Bliss,

"You aren't a hippogryph sweety," Roc held Bliss by her mane and started deeply into her eyes, "what are you and your sisters called? You're all so cute!"

"GAH!!! LET ME GO! You're...handling Princess Lightning Bliss! Princess Clover! And Lady Hurricane!" She snorted and attempted to swing and kick her attacker in the face but missed. "We're Pony Citizens of Equestria and I DEMAND YOU LET US GO NOW!"

"Oh I like this one boys! Defiently my mate!" Rock chirped as he held her up to his brothers, "Ponies? I never heard of ponies, have you two?"

"Nope," Both Berack and Stone said in union.

"Huh, oh well, we got our mates, time to head home." Roc smiled as he didn't seem to care his new mate was thrashing about wildly with her wings and tail and hooves, seeming to spurt out small sparks of magic as well. He snatched up the bag he grabbed her from, and tossed her inside and turned to leave.

@, @@purple.teal, @,

"Ah...Roc?" Stone stopped his brother then, "what about these ponies though?" He pointed to the stallions Quickdraw, Blaze, Raze and Everlast along with Steel.

Everlast jolted awake at the sound of intruders and a call for help, smacking the back of his head against the stone wall he was leaning against. He quickly staggered to his feet. Before him stood three fully grown hippogryphs, each one grabbing a mare. His eyes opened in surprise when he realized what they were shouting about. 

Well, this is going to be interesting to say the least. After selecting their new mates, when they noticed the stallions, Everlast spoke up. He kept his conversation away from anything that he felt could trigger them, hoping to stall while the others could free the mares.

"Gentlemen, what a pleasant surprise, we were lost and found this cave as shelter, if it is yours we will gladly leave you to your own. Though in fact, we were looking for some of your kind because-" He stopped himself there, unwilling to mention the baby hippogryph until he knew exactly what was going on. Instead, Everlast did what he does best, and turned to his books. He levitated them out of his bag and opened up to a blank page.

"-We are a diplomatic group sent to offer the Equestrian nation's friendship to your kind. However, we know so little about you, that I would like to ask a few questions about yourselves and your life. At the moment, I want to know everything that relates to your mating rituals. Where exactly do you plan on taking your new mates?"

Edited by purple.teal

@@purple.teal,

Roc who was caught the attetion by Stone, quickly turned his head on the gray unicorn who was levitating a book...somehow...but how or why he didn't know, he was merely annoyed that his party was stopped. With Blissy in the bag, muffled screams and wiggling inside, he stomped over on three legs, holding his prize in his other talon.

"You want to know about us? HA!" Roc laughed at the seemingly smart creature, "we don't even know what you are...With your little stick protruding out of your head...And what is that thats' surrounding it?" He reached out and snatched Everlast brutally by the horn and lifted him up, sitting back on his pony hunches. "What a stupid thing to have..." Roc continued, "all it does is conjure some...misty useless twinkle stuff!" He then viciously tossed the unicorn aside, and held him down with his other talon. "To answer your question, meat...Mating rituals? HA! He thinks we're having mating rituals fellas!"

Stone and Berack managed a healthy laugh before they were silenced by the snap of Roc's beak.

"We don't even know what that word means! 'Ritual'...raaa....reeeeee..." he tried to pernouce exactly, "blah, that makes my head hurt thinking so much about it..."

"Oh ya you don't want him to think too hard," Stone hopped over, still holding Hurricane next to him and shoved his beak into Everlast's face, "he gets angry when he thinks to hard and his head hurts and-"

Suddenly Roc bit Stone's ear and kicked him aside, while managing all those gestures without hurting Stone's new 'mate'.

"SHUT UP YOU!" He snarled, "How dare you speak when your leader is talking! It's MY PROBLEM! NOT YOURS!"

Berack merely shrugged and held up Clover to continue inspecting his new prize.

Quickdraw was only half asleep when he heard the three intruders come in. He slowly opened one eye halfway. He slowly reached for his gun, and once he had it, quickly loaded it and fired a warning shot at the one who held Clover, just a few inches away from his head.

"Put 'er down," he said to the intruder.

Hurricane struggled to break free from her kidnapper. She was jolted around with every movement he made and was being held too tight. "Let go if me, Birdbrain!" She yelled. She couldn't reach her dager concealed in her wing. "Let me go so I can pull your feathers out one by one!" She was angry, confused, and knew she had to get out of there.

@,

Berack turned on Quickdraw having heard the loud booming sound echo just passed his head. He snarled and turned to where it came from, still holding Clover under his arm.

"Foolish pony thing..." he shrugged, as if looking at the stallion with the odd boom stick, nothing but wasted time, "I don't have time to play with you. Be gone, I'm trying to inspect my new mate." Suddenly he snapped his beak on Quickdraw's weapon and pulled it firmly from his hooves and tossed it aside. "What kind of weapon was that? Don't you have talons?" He shoved his face hard into Quickdraw's stomach, knocking the stallion over, "You only have hooves? Weakling! You don't have talons so you must be prey!" He turned to Roc then, "Prehaps we should eat these weaklings?"

"I'm not hungry enough..." Roc shrugged, still putting pressure on Everlast.

@,

Still clinging to Hurricane, Stone sat up and rubbed his head...though the shrewd words of his new mate only made him feel worse.

"Hey I'm not a bird brain!" He snarled at her, "you be a good female and maybe I'll let you prune my feathers and clean my coat!" He suddenly shoved her face into his filthy dirty winged feathers, "they really do need to be cleaned! I've not bathed in months!"

Meanwhile Bliss continued to struggle in her bag Roc held her in, only to discover to her horror that the baby was also trapped within the sack too. He was about ready to squawk and cry when she grabbed his beak and pressed his head against her chest.

"Shh....they'll hear you...we've...we've got to get you out of this sack!" She desperatly tried to focus her magic then...trying hard to teleport the little one out...but every time she attempted, the magic relasped back into her horn..."Gah...what in the world?" She blinked at the baby, seeming to be unphased by the magical intrusion. "It's almost like your...repelling my magic...?"

There was no time for this now, she had to rescue the baby...if these males found out he was with her, who knows what they might do to it. She suddenly kicked at the bag's top, disloding the owner's talon and felt herself along with the baby falling down with a OOMPFH!

@,

"OUCH!" Roc snarled as he let go of the sack. To his annoyance, soon after his new prize, fluttered out of the sack, snatching it in her mouth and flying towards the exit. "Oh no you don't missy!" He suddenly snatched her tail in thin air yanking her back.

"SSSSSSSSSSSOUCH!" Bliss whinnied as she tossed the sack with her little secret still inside, towards Blaze, hoping he would protect the baby at least. "LET GO OF ME NOW!" Bliss turned around and shot a beam of rainbow at her attacker's face. But to her shock, the beam merely dispelled around his face...making him sneeze only slightly.

"ACHOO!" He snarled and pulled her back into his talons, "you naughty female! Looks like I got to teach you some manners when we get home!"

Bliss realized then that this hippogryph Roc had let go of Everlast. Hoping and praying the unicorn might have a chance to use his own magic, she struggled and kicked, trying to buy him some time.

That got Quickdraw's blood boiling. With a maddening rage, he got up and slugged Berack in the face with one hoof. Not backing down, he began to beat down on him with a relentless fury.

"I! Don't! Need! Talons! Or! My! Gun! To! Kick! Your! Feathery! Ass!!!" he yelled with every punch, delivering an uppercut to Berack's jaw.

Steel decided to use this opportunity to try and subdue one of the creatures. He rushed up and grabbed the one who held Hurricane by the neck, then slammed him down hard onto the ground. He stood poised over it, ready to react to anything it might try.

Edited by Polnareff

Blaze looked around at all the chaos unfolding so quickly, attackers coming in from the front. "They aren't here to negotiate on any terms." He flew up into the air with his sword drawn and his eyes glaring at the creatures. He was distracted by the shear fact that these creatures were immune to magic, but this wouldn't stop him from trying to get them off guard. "Hippogryphs? I've never seen your kind before, but obviously you haven't evolved what so ever so there's no chance I'll be able to change your mind." His horn began to glow and a small flares began to shoot off his horn emitting and immense light hoping to blind them for a bit so he could plan a better strategy.

@, @, @

"Brute force isn't going to stop them QuickDraw! We need a tactic!"

Everlast was hurt, but not bad enough that he couldn't think, he was scared though, and couldn't think with the weight of the Hippogryph on top of him. When it finally let up to catch blissy again, He inhaled loudly, catching his breath for the first time in what felt like eternity. He saw the sack she tossed hit the ground and squirm. By Celestia's mane, protect the little one. 

With an adrenaline rush, he rolled to place himself between all the attackers and the bag. He jumped to his feet, and used his magic to pull his tools to him while he backed up to stand over the baby hippogryph, and gently push it's head back into the bag.

The success of his previous maneuver gave him confidence. "You don't like to think too hard friend?" He shouted to the one who crushed him and held Lightning Bliss. "Well, You will never go anywhere in life if you don't think, So let me see if I can hit that lesson home." With that, he used his magic to swing his journal and smack him across the face. Let's see how angry I can make him then, big words always hurt little minds. "Since you don't really have a comprehensible vocabulary, I'm going to see if I can teach you by osmosis." He continued to beat the hippogryph with his book. "You know, I think it is time for a test, to see how much you learned."

Everlast levitated a nice sized rock in the cave, and used it to hit him once more. "Clearly that rock understood more than you did."

He heard Blaze shouting and agreed. 

@

"Point one. Don't let them escape. Beyond that is beyond me." 

He then returned to facing his opponent, waiting for a counter attack, using his body as a shield over the struggling bag. Realizing then, that it had been separated permanently from its real mother before it even saw her, and was about to loose the mother that it did know, made him resolute. "It'll be alright little one, please trust me, I will never let harm come to you."

Edited by purple.teal

When QuickDraw attacked Hurricane's captor, the hippogryph cleched his grip around her. She felt the pain and couldn't breathe for a second before he fell to the ground. He let go of her, and Hurricane was gasping for the air she lost while being held down by his claw. Before she could think of a way to escape, she was snatched up again. "This is getting really old." She said to herself.

Clover struggled in her attacker's grasp. She was about to send a spell right in his face when she saw, to her horror, that spells didn't work on these creatures. Changing tactics suddenly, she chomped down on the hippogryth's paw to make him loosen her grip. Another male came and grabbed her with a snarl. This hippogryth was named Darkclaw and he was coloured with black and purple feathers. One of his eyes was missing, and he looked a mean customer. Most other 'gryths didn't mess with Darkclaw, cuz he had a reputation for being a vicious fighter. His mate had died, as had his foal, in an avalanche several years ago; and since then, he had become mean and nasty.

However, hidden deep within was a better character than what appeared on the outside. Just for a moment, Clover's pale grey coat and mauve and pink mane triggered memories of his lost daughter, who had had much the same colouring as the alicorn mare. He snarled at the hippogryth who had held Clover. "Back off," Darkclaw growled. "This one is mine."

Clover was about to bite the new enemy, when something inside her told her to stop. Tho the black and purple hippogryth held her firmly, he wasn't being rough with her. Perhaps a new tactic was called for. Obviously, fighting these creatures was pointless as they could not be hurt by magic and would probably kill the stallions if they persisted in fighting them. A better idea would be to allow capture, then work out a way to escape later. Maybe there would be hippogryth mares who could give them information on the 'gryths. Clover didn't want to yell this out in case the 'gryths understood what she was trying to do, so instead she used her magic to project a large scroll with her idea on it. After all, the hippogryphs had proven that they could not read. Clover hoped desperately that the stallions would cease the attack as she didn't want any of her friends hurt or killed.

@,

Berack snarled as the stallion beated on his face, actually causing his beak to bleed some...but this only seemed to make the hippogryph smile with eagerness. While the stallion Quickdraw continued to be distracted with attacking his front, he lowered his tail down and up behind the pony, and abruptly swated him like a fly against the cave wall.

"Stupid pony!" He spat his own blood on Quickdraw's face...before he squawked in annoyance by a blinding light emitting from the horn of the stallion white pony with wings and a horn. "GAH! TURN OFF THAT LIGHT!"

Stone however was fairing even less so then Berack, as he felt a sharp pain smack his head. He fell to the ground, still holding the black pony in his arms as he groaned in pain.

"OUCH! Why me? Why?" He turned to see his attacker and growled in a derp fashion, "hey! I didn't do anything to you! I just want to take my new mate and leave! Go away you pest!" He quickly swatted at the agile flying stallion Steel.

@@purple.teal,

Roc snarled as he was hit repeatly by floating objects by the gray pony that now was filling his mind to the breaking point with jibberish.

"GAH SHUT UP YOU STICK HEAD!" He suddenly snatched the rock that was repeatly hitting him in the face, breaking the magic around it, and throwing it back at the unicorn Everlast, whom seemed to be oddly standing over a brown sack. Roc didn't seem to care or notice as he flapped out his wings, blowing hard wind at his attack to knock him and the sack away. "I'm getting tired of this s**t! I want to leave, and I want to leave NA- AH HEY WHO TURN ON THE LIGHTS?" HE blinked and damped his eyes with his wings, covering Blissy in the process.

Bliss meanwhile was struggling to see passed the wings of her attacker to make sure Everlast and the baby were ok...but all she could see was light that had glowed out from Blaze's magic...She didn't have time to assess why she was so concerned for an offspring that wasn't hers...far as she knew...she wanted to be with the baby again...and hold and protect it.

@@Pripyat Pony, @,

(OOC I see we added another villian...ok I'll work it in)

Just when it seemed like all heck was going to break loose and the three gryph attackers were on the verge of having pony stallion for dinner...a new hippo gryph, much larger then even Berack, came storming in, snatching up Clover to Bliss's horror. Blaze's magical light had died down, and the three younger hippogryphs, two of them still holding their prizes, lowered their heads down.

"F-father?" Roc whimpered misserably, "w-what are you doing here? I thought you were staying with the flock?"

"You and your friends...were taking too long to find food...I came to see why... Seems you found me a little gift..." He smiled with a sadden but devilish face at Clover, along with Lightning Bliss and Hurricane. "So...instead of finding food, you find new mates for your father's empty harem, is that it hatchlings?"

"We found them first!" Berack protested, only to suddenly be smacked violently against the wall by Darkclaw, and held up by his throat with one talon, while holding Clover in the other. He gagged and chocked realizing he had stepped over the line challenging the alpha gryph of their flock.

"What was that Berack? Didn't quite hear you..." Darkclaw gripped his talon on the smaller fat white hippo gryph.

"N-nnn...nothing! For-gi-e-me-" Berack begged.

"That's what I thought," Darkclaw let the young hippogryph down and turned to Stone. "Hand her over to me now..."

"Yes alpha..." Stone moaned silently as he roughtly handed Hurricane over to him.

With that the large black and purple leader hippogryph turned to Roc...his biological hatchling. "You too boy...all the females are mine...How else am I to keep our flock alive without fresh harems to be at my side?"

"You never let me have my own females father...can't I just have one?" Roc pleaded with his father.

"WE ARE NOT YOUR FEMALES!" Bliss suddenly whinnied out as she pulled free of Roc's talons and flew up into the cave ceiling. "Relase Hurricane and Clover! NOW! OR I'll!" Suddenly Darkclaw reached out and snatched the big earred alicorn like she were an apple on a twig...cutting off her words and tucking her under his arm with Hurricane and Clover, all three wiggling helplessly by this point.

"Clover...Hurricane...hmmm," Darkclaw pondered his new females names, "interesting but I suppose I can learn them." He turned then to leave, realizing though that he still had five other pony stallions blocking his path. "Out of the way small ones." He spoke in a thundering, dominant tone, "I don't wish to kill you all just to go back to my flock, I suggest you move now, or else my hatchlings here can have fun with you instead. Could care less either way, the question is do you. Move now and you will be unharmed, fail to do so and I'll give them the order."

All three hippogryphs, Berack, Roc and Stone grinned at the stallions then, their beaks drooling in anticipation.

@@Lightning Bliss,

Quickdraw was dazed when he landed against, the wall, and was about to retaliate when he saw the newcomer try to stop the fightning. Of course, that didn't stop him, as he dove for his gun and aimed it at the newcomer, loading in a new shell.

"Well, I guess the family's all here now, huh? You and your idiot kin don't frighten me one bit. I ain't movin 'til I settle the score!!"

Steel looked at the alpha with a cold gaze.

"What my hotheaded partner is trying to say is, we don't take orders from those we don't follow. Why don't you turn around and head back the way you came, and make it easier for all of us? Without the females of course."

Edited by Polnareff

@@Lightning Bliss, Ooc: Not a villain as such, more of a wildcard. XD Always handy to have.

Clover was horrified by what was happening now. This new gryff seemed to look at her as tho she was a daughter, while treating the gryff who was actually his offspring like scum. This was not how it would play out in Equestria, She was also afraid for Lightning and Hurricane, who seemed to be considered his property. While understanding that the alpha's intrusion had stopped them from being seriously hurt or worse, Clover was now afraid of what would happen to the stallions at the claws of the younger gryffs. She waited til Darkclaw's attention was taken by the younger hippogryphs, then took the opportunity to whisper into Lightning's ear.

"We'll have to let them take us," she whispered. "If we fight, we'll only make it worse for the others. They need to take the opportunity now to escape this cave. They would surely be able to track the gryffs afterwards; they don't use magic so won't be able to cover their trail. But if they don't quit fighting, they will surely all be killed and then we have no chance of ever getting out of this."

@,

(OOC Read above dude, an alpha gryphon has stopped the fighting, hes trying to leave XD)

@@Pripyat Pony,

Bliss squirmed unmistakably scared, not really for herself but for the safety of the baby Everlast was guarding.

"But we can't...we just can't let him take us away!" She whispered urgently back to Clover, "what about the baby! NHGG! He needs me Clover...!" Her bottom lip beganto quiver...she realized more then ever she actually did care for the little one.

Everlast, unable to protect against wind, was blown back, he fell on the hard ground, and hit his head against a rock again. He was able to catch the bag before it hit the ground. He laid there, stunned, holding the squirming bag tightly to himself, hoping to anything that it didn't scream. "Stay quiet please... It will all be okay, we'll make it through." He attempted to sooth the hippogryph inside. He was going to get up again to rescue the mares, but then read what clover wrote. We outnumber them, we can fight back. We have several trained fighters. 

His will to fight dissipated when two more hippogryphs entered. I'm going to hope we all know what we are doing here, princess.

He continued to lie in his corner, hoping that they wouldn't notice him. He opened the bag a little to peer into the wide eyes of the baby. He smiled. The scared, but nonetheless cute face, was shivering "Hang in there buddy, you've done good so far. Just a little longer." He looked at Lightning Bliss and the others about to be taken. Oh, what am I going to tell the little guy...

Next thing she knew, Hurricane was passed off to another hippogryph. She squirmed to escape, but to no avail. She then heard Clover's plan as she explained it to Lightning Bliss. Hurricane considered it and thought over the plan. "Clover's right, Lightning." She said quietly to her so Darkclaw wouldn't be able to hear. "One of the stallions will take care of him I'm sure." She tried to reassure her.