Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv "How To Train Your Dragon 2" Rating - 94/100

PonyFunk

I really want to see this movie. However, I've only seen half of the first one.

Would you recommend seeing this sequel and why?

Yes! Definitely see it! I would recommend watching it in theaters too, as the visuals are absolutely stunning (I saw in 2D, but I imagine 3D is pretty cool too). I would watch the whole first one, as well, because it's also great :).I actually think HTTYD2 is a near flawless movie. The one thing I would have liked more of is Hiccup's friends, but that's just a personal thing (also Thornado, but whatever).

I'm not even a fan of most animated films by Dreamworks, (Pixar ftw) but my one exception is How To Train Your Dragon. The original was downright amazing in every way, and I am quite excited to go and see the sequel in 3D very soon. I'm glad to hear the film has been picking up some rave reviews. There's always that fear that a movie sequel won't live up to the quality of its predecessor, so it's quite an achievement when it scores as well or better with critics and fans, and it seems HTTYD2 has done just that.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not even a fan of most animated films by Dreamworks, (Pixar ftw) but my one exception is How To Train Your Dragon. The original was downright amazing in every way, and I am quite excited to go and see the sequel in 3D very soon. I'm glad to hear the film has been picking up some rave reviews. There's always that fear that a movie sequel won't live up to the quality of its predecessor, so it's quite an achievement when it scores as well or better with critics and fans, and it seems HTTYD2 has done just that.

The 3d version of it was really good.  To anyone going to go see it I would definitely recommend the 3d also, it's probably the best 3d film ive seen so far

The How to Train Your Dragon movies are definitely my favorite Dreamworks films. The second one was thoroughly enjoyable. I'd love to go see it again, or maybe I'll just pick it up when it comes out on DVD. The characters were still as charming as the first movie and the story was fabulous. The soundtrack was also AMAZING! There was one ambiguous thing/possible plot hole that bothered me a little though. 

If the alphas could use mind control, why didn't the dragon in control of the nest use it in the first movie? If he wasn't an alpha, then what was he? Was he just a big bully?

Other than that I absolutely loved the movie. 

• Brohoof 1

The How to Train Your Dragon movies are definitely my favorite Dreamworks films. The second one was thoroughly enjoyable. I'd love to go see it again, or maybe I'll just pick it up when it comes out on DVD. The characters were still as charming as the first movie and the story was fabulous. The soundtrack was also AMAZING! There was one ambiguous thing/possible plot hole that bothered me a little though. 

If the alphas could use mind control, why didn't the dragon in control of the nest use it in the first movie? If he wasn't an alpha, then what was he? Was he just a big bully?

Other than that I absolutely loved the movie. 

I had similar questions, but what movie hasn't had plot holes that the critics tear apart? Surprised no one else has mentioned that yet (that I've seen, I didn't read any of the full reviews on rotten tomatoes, but I'd assume someone did). That being said, I loved the movie anyway!!

• Brohoof 1

I had similar questions, but what movie hasn't had plot holes that the critics tear apart? Surprised no one else has mentioned that yet (that I've seen, I didn't read any of the full reviews on rotten tomatoes, but I'd assume someone did). That being said, I loved the movie anyway!!

I was surprised too. None of the reviews I looked at mentioned it either. Yeah, most movies have something that doesn't quite stand up to logical scrutiny, but it was a good movie regardless.

• Brohoof 1

Let's get down to business, to review this movie. Is it really decent as the producers so claim? You're the saddest bunch I ever met. Be unbiased, and be thorough.

Mister, you'll give this film what it's due.

Analyze the story. Is there depth within? You'll be sure it's worthless when there's a Mary Sue. Leave your hypocrisy and pandering, you'll not get paid for this review. But this time, give the film what it's due.

I'm never gonna get my brohoofs...

Say goodbye to all my thread views!

I don't even know what makes a movie great!

This guy's got them scared to death!

I hope he doesn't try to dew me.

Now I really wish I could rewind...

[Watch the movie]

And form an informed and sincere opinion, [Watch the movie] backed up by arguments, resolute! [Watch the movie] Don't try appealing to anybody. Just write a review that's thought-out and astute.

Try to break the pattern! Go against the grain. Focus on the giving, not on what you gain. Don't heed the Internet or fanboys, it's not them you need to woo. Just be sure, give the film what it's due.

[Watch the movie]

And form an informed and sincere opinion, [Watch the movie] backed up by arguments, resolute! [Watch the movie] Don't try appealing to anybody. Just write a review that's thought-out and astute.

[Watch the movie]

And form an informed and sincere opinion, [Watch the movie] backed up by arguments, resolute! [Watch the movie] Don't try appealing to anybody. Just write a review that's thought-out and astute!

I do believe, sir, that you have just won the life.

Also, the movie was flippin' fantastibJALKSJ;DLKFJ;LK J;LKAJS;LDKJF8I2J;OIEJR; LAKF J;LKAA;LSKDJF981J23I4JR;LKAWJES8GF N098U1 LK4GLK JSDAFLKAS;LDFKJ K1;LK23;JER ;LKASJD;VLKASLKJ;D

*ahem*

Sorry about that, got a bit carried away. It was that good.

I'm not even a fan of most animated films by Dreamworks, (Pixar ftw) but my one exception is How To Train Your Dragon.

For real?  My roommate LOVES the original HTTYD too and she got me into it.  I think it is very good too once I saw it.  :)  It looks like we're going to have two big blockbusters we'll need to see in theaters this summer with Transformers Age of Extinction being the other.