What keeps you watching MLP?

BionicBrony

As I was listening to Party of One today, a thought came to me. I was wondering about why bronies are willing to take the ridicule and the abuse they get from non bronies, and continue to watch the show.

Is it characters? The storyline? The massive fandom? What is keeping you into the show and preventing you from saying 'buck it' and leave?

Also, what do you think is the best part of the show that keeps you into it?

What keeps YOU into MLP?

post-27452-0-06899700-1403217987.jpeg

The lore, the mythical creatures/setting, and characters. Mostly the alicorns. ;P But when I don't get alicorns, I'll want RD, Rarity, and Pinkie horse. 

Simple: The fact that i love the show,it's characters and the overall positive message it delivers to the audience.

Personally i couldn't care less about the 'ridicule' and 'abuse' from the non bronies because:

h69C85E13.gif

• Brohoof 3

Simple: The fact that i love the show,it's characters and the overall positive message it delivers to the audience.

Personally i couldn't care less about the 'ridicule' and 'abuse' from the non bronies because:

h69C85E13.gif

So have you ever considered it as cheesy, a little childish, or anythign like that?

I watch it because it's still a great show that I really enjoy. Simple as that. :)

So what specifically do you like? Like, what parts do you enjoy?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Its a beautiful show full of a varied set of beautiful characters who viewers can relate to in different ways. The messages are ones which might seem basic, but often get forgotten as we get older and are valid no matter what your age. Thats why I watch it :)

On a more superficial basis: Its pretty (the world, animation, premise etc), the characters are cute, its entertaining with great humour, music and drama, and Applejack :D

Edited by Guest

The characters are probably the biggest reason I love it. But beyond that, the overall storyline, the art, voice acting, songs, everything about it is amazing, and watching it just makes me happy. :D

I'v meet my only friends watching this show, ... Why stop? That and the fandom is the best. Great music. The plot of the show is not directed towards certain ages. It's amazingly fun, and makes me smile.

So have you ever considered it as cheesy, a little childish, or anythign like that?

Cheesy? Nope. :mellow:  Childish? Nope. :mellow:  or anything like that? Nope.  :mellow:

Personally i enjoy the up beat happy atmosphere compared to other shows/anime i was previously into(which previously was Attack on Titan at that time),so it was quite a shell shock to be actually feel happy after watching a show. It hooked me,because regardless of how crappy my day was,after watching a episode of FIM i could honestly say i was in a good mood again.  :lol:

I also like how the characters have you know,character. They have flaws,just like we all do and it makes them easy to identify with.

Cheesy? Nope. :mellow:  Childish? Nope. :mellow:  or anything like that? Nope.  :mellow:

Personally i enjoy the up beat happy atmosphere compared to other shows/anime i was previously into(which previously was Attack on Titan at that time),so it was quite a shell shock to be actually feel happy after watching a show. It hooked me,because regardless of how crappy my day was,after watching a episode of FIM i could honestly say i was in a good mood again.  :lol:

I also like how the characters have you know,character. They have flaws,just like we all do and it makes them easy to identify with.

I agreed with the happy feeling the show has going for it. I recently sat down and re watched a lot of it. I wanted to cry with happiness- oddly...Cry may not be the best word. But I got teary eyed, thinking about how good it has done me.

• Brohoof 1

The pop cultured humor and great stories and creatures in mythology days of Greece  and Europe and it's got your muffin loving pony you can't forget with her goofy silliness DDDDDerpy HHHHooves !  Also  you have Weird Al and  it's so awesome  !

I watch it for the plot.  :derp:

Joking aside, it's all about the believable, relatable, genuine characters.  The voice acting is superb, musical numbers actually enjoyable, and the writing quite respectable.  Plus OOOOH, pretty colors. :D

I watch it because it just is a good show to me, yeah I only watch like one episode per day but it's just good, the plot is extremely meaningful the characters are great, that's why I keep watching, that and I feel as if I'll somehow hate Silver if I stop watching it.

(edited)

I stay with it because I have good friends in the fandom, and as a show it still inspires me and I still love the characters. No better or worse than anything else though. I'm still into Homestuck, getting back into anime and written literature. I just love a bit of everything in my media diet. Except Doctor Who, I guess.

Edited by LypRis Tah Pryncess

The characters. This show has so many awesome characters! Then we have the awesome episodes, the catchy songs, the well-written comics, and more! Everything about this show is awesome.

The fandom's music, comics, and artwork is just icing on the cake!

As I was listening to Party of One today, a thought came to me. I was wondering about why bronies are willing to take the ridicule and the abuse they get from non bronies, and continue to watch the show.

Is it characters? The storyline? The massive fandom? What is keeping you into the show and preventing you from saying 'buck it' and leave?

Also, what do you think is the best part of the show that keeps you into it?

What keeps YOU into MLP?

I keep watching because I really like it. Just as I keep watching Doctor Who because I like it. I don't watch it because I want to belong to a fandom. That's purely incidental. Also, I never experienced the slightest hint of ridicule or abuse because of the show.  

• I like the show.
  • Naysayers have no affect on my opinion on the show.
  • I'm a cartoon enthusiast and it happens to be one of the more enjoyable cartoons to date.
  • The community is large enough that I can find some cool cats so it gives me a reason to stay relevant to the current goings-on of the show for the community's sake and giving me reason to keep coming back to the forums.
  • Your mom.
Take your pick. :lol:

I think there are sooo many reasons why I keep watching MLP, and why I continue to become the fan I am today. One reason would be because the plotlines and the morals are so catchy, they can relate to your life. And the majority of the episodes really pinpoint one moral or lesson that has happened in my life, like bullying, as well as being a good sibling. MLP has also taught me to be myself and never be afraid of what's out there in life. Before MLP, I was just scared of...everything. Now I'm prepared for everything that's coming for me. Last but not least, my boyfriend is a bigger MLP fan than I am, so he's also the main reason why I keep watching. :3

I watch it because it's still good, no other reason. Closed-minded assholes who can't understand that different people like different things earn't going to affect my opinion on anything. I'll only stop watching it if there's such a dip in quality that it's not worth watching anymore, or when it eventually ends. Honestly, I hope the latter is how I stop watching it. 

• Brohoof 1