Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Sunset Shimmer comes back, should she retain her bad attitude

TheMarkz0ne

19 users have voted

1. 1. Should be a nice jerk?

• Yes that would make her unique
    • No she needs to be all goody goody

I really want Sunset Shimmer back in season 5. I know Hasbro will not allow DHX to do such a thing. But do you think Sunset Shimmer should be the 'jerk' friend with the mane 6? She is a heroine character, but still acts like an arrogant jerk? I think it would be better, than just being one dimensional and all nice.

Yeah, she needs some growth in her character. I didn't think she was that bad in EG, but she needs to show some conflict within herself. I can see her maybe becoming TOO competitive and losing herself, but they need to be careful and not overplay it.

• Brohoof 1

She could become a Discord-esque character of EG, conflicted between her old ways and the new ways of friendship. I think this would be better than a complete 180.

A complete jerk would be taking it a bit far, as she learned her lesson and probably now has lots of friends, but a little bit of spidey-like anti-hero-ness would fall in place well, just not being a complete jerkface. She'd be a pretty kind and friendly person with a bit of a cynical touch and a tendency to look at situations in a bit of a spiderman-like way.

• Brohoof 1

A complete jerk? No. But nice-r to Twilight, with a bit more respect, sure.

She should still be brash, rude, arrogant and a tad manipulative, but she should also have a sincere desire to make up for what she did and grow as a person. Just because the Elements showed her the error of her ways doesn't mean she can't still grow on her own, and after being alone and power-hungry for her whole life, I imagine she has a ways to go. Kind of like Luna still had to develop and change after being unNightmare Mooned.

• Brohoof 1

Even though I voted that way, I don't think she needs to be "goody-goody". I wish she could come back as friends with the Mane 5, and she took over as Twilight's role of the "leader". I think maybe she should still be snarky and sarcastic. 

She would be an non-evil GLaDOS.

Exactly. But I want her to be a good guy, just with her own quirks. 
  • Brohoof 1

If she was a jerk that would make that end scene in EqG's even more strange and confusing (she quickly becomes regretful after being defeated ---> next movie ---> I'm bad again!)

It would undermine EqG's and would be pointless. Make a new antagonist and enlist Sunset Shimmer's help against them. There - actual character redemption :D

Yeah, Sunny Shimmer should still be a jerkish girl, that'll make her interactions with the other girls more interesting and open for conflict. Besides, that usually comes with more pragmatism that the other girls could make use too

mi opinion of goodie goodie? 

They better not turn her into some goody goody,i liked her attitude and she has very good anti hero potential!

She doesn't need to be a full blown a-hole,but please please please don't turn her into a fluttershy(no offense to fluttershy fans :lol: ).