Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brohoofing comments

Dead account67902568

In my personal opinion, brohoofs should not be employed for status update comments due to the largely insubstantial nature of their content. I often use status updates and status update comments to simply shoot the breeze with people, and I rarely make any attempt at including any amount of substance in whatever I have to say. 

Posts generally have more substance to them. As brohoofs are intended to be used to express agreement with and/or admiration of someone's post, introducing status update comments into the equation may skew that measure.

Additionally, I'm not sure if it's possible with IP.Board's infrastructure to activate the brohoof feature for status update comments. If it is, it would likely require some technical wizardry.

• Brohoof 10

i see...iguess this is something that cannot be done...nevermind! :)

Oh no, that was just my opinion. Others are more than welcome to chime in on the matter, and if the community ends up deciding this is something they really want to have, I'd be more than happy to do what I can to ensure it happens.

• Brohoof 2

Additionally, I'm not sure if it's possible with IP.Board's infrastructure to activate the brohoof feature for status update comments. If it is, it would likely require some technical wizardry.

It's not x) Statuses and blogs are practically un-editable. This is something Feld0's stated a few different times in a few different topics, and even though I'm too tired to go hunt for it right now, he made one post in-particular to act as the official 'Feld0 tells it like it is with IPB being retarded with statuses' post.

• Brohoof 3

It's not x) Statuses and blogs are practically un-editable. This is something Feld0's stated a few different times in a few different topics, and even though I'm too tired to go hunt for it right now, he made one post in-particular to act as the official 'Feld0 tells it like it is with IPB being retarded with statuses' post.

Wait! I just freaking connected the dots on where I've seen Feld0's name before ...

O-o

IPB Community is a small world.

• 4 months later...

If I remember correctly, this idea has been brought up numerous times before. And, if I still remember correctly, it is something with IP.Board that prevents us from liking comments on statuses. I would imagine that it could be done with some coding, but the demand isn't high enough to warrant it.

• Brohoof 1

This idea has been brought endless times,but it always ended with the same result.

IP.Board doesn't allow to edit anything related to the Status Updates,and it has been mentioned many times that they're unmovable on any sense,so,sadly,your idea isn't possible.Also,i'm personally against that,because that could lead to many users abusing from that setting to get lots of brohooves via spamming Status Updates.

But I don't know what everyone else thinks about that idea.

• Brohoof 2

Hi there, . There was already a topic in existence for your suggestion so I have merged yours into it. 

Please make sure to search the forums before posting a new topic to ensure that it doesn't already exist. Thanks!

In regard to my opinion on this matter, I shared it in an earlier post in this topic.

• Brohoof 1