Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Increasing the amount of Fantasy in my life.

(edited)

OK, so some of you may have seen one of my other post a while back about how much I love fantasy and wish to live in a world of high fantasy. So I am looking for good high fantasy "things" out there that you recommend. What I mean by "things" are books, movies, games, hobbies, activities, and anything else you could think of that helps fill the need for fantasy. Just to give you an idea of the kind of fantasy I like here are some examples, Lord of the Rings, Skyrim, The inheritance series, Game of thrones, Dungeons and Dragons, and Magic the Gathering. Very Tolkien based high fantasy. So if you have any suggestions or feel the same way I do about fantasy feel free to comment or hit me up with a PM. Thanks!

Edited by Eldwain
  • Brohoof 1

Hi there, . As your topic involves various aspects of the media I have moved it from General Discussion to Media Discussion and have affixed it with a General Media prefix. The latter section is the best place to discuss any aspect of the media, whether specific or general.

• Brohoof 1

Anything written by John Marco is great, his epic fantasy "The Eyes of God" is one of the best books ever written in my opinion. It's exciting, heartbreaking, and shocking. I can't even begin to tell you how good it is. The character development is wonderful, and the story is just incredible. If you're a fan of Lord of The Rings, you'll love the work of John Marco.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Check out the "sword of truth" series by Terry Goodkind. Very well written, tons of fantasy, and it doesn't all follow Tolkein-esk logic. I would recommend at leas the first book "Wizards first rule" as a read.

• Brohoof 1

I recommend the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop.  My favorite book of all time.  It's life changing good.  It's definitely fantasy, no doubt, but it has a very interesting and unique feel to it.  I really can't compare it to anything.  It's not Tolkeinish, but it's so incredible.  I highly recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy, and even those who don't.  I would just recommend it to anyone, period.  Give it a chance, you will not be disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pokémon. It's the ultimate fantasy. Other than that: Harry Potter is a good book series and so is Percy Jackson, um... have you ever played legend of Zelda? I've only played one game, but I think it's probably the best one. It would be LEGEND OF ZELDA A LINK BETWEEN TWO WORLDS!

Edited by Star Ruby

Pokémon. It's the ultimate fantasy. Other than that: Harry Potter is a good book series and so is Percy Jackson, um... have you ever played legend of Zelda? I've only played one game, but I think it's probably the best one. It would be LEGEND OF ZELDA A LINK BETWEEN TWO WORLDS!

I have played many of the Zelda games and I love them. I know Pokemon, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and they aren't really high fantasy, more urban fantasy, but thanks!