Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Artist Needed For New Logo!

Satsuki Kiryuin

(edited)

Hello, thanks for visiting my thread! As you may know, I'm an Electronic music producer. As a result, I require a logo to represent me in my works. Recently, I've came to the conclusion that my artsy logo just isn't going to cut it. I'm in need of a text only logo so that my logo can more easily represent me on all kinds of cover arts, posters, etc. If you could help me out, it'd be much appreciated! Below, you can see my current logo, and an example of a text only logo. My alias is called Otarine, btw.

(My logo):

img-2798632-1-Otarine_by_Bohtty_zpsc6e0f

(Example Logo) :

(Porter Robinson's Logo):

img-2798632-2-ptr-0004_-_porter_robinson

PS. I'd prefer if I could have a text only design for my logo.

Edited by Otty~

(edited)

As I said before, I'll try. Just, gimme a couple of years.

not really

@,

EDIT: Or just a couple of minutes.

I did something simple, which probably won't make it, but it's a good start. I may make a more complex one later.

post-13377-0-68936200-1404239821_thumb.png

It's an otter. Isn't it cute? :3

no effort ftw

Edited by Trainer Red

I'ma seal omg. XD Also, I just need a text logo, like without icons or anything.

Figures. I thought that because your name is Otty, like... Well, you get the point.

I'll do another one then :3

(edited)

I don't want to feel as if I'm butting in to steal the lime light, but I would be perfectly happy to help out at least with the logo if both of you are happy too. If you'd rather do it yourself @trainer red don't feel selfish saying it. I'm just putting myself in there if needs be. And if you're wondering who the devil I am I'm a designer here at Poniverse who was the creator of the Poniverse logo. http://mlpforums.com/topic/96572-the-new-poniverse-logo/

Once again, don't mean to feed off fame. Just offering my support.

Edited by Jamiequadbike

(edited)
I don't want to feel as if I'm butting in to steal the lime light, but I would be perfectly happy to help out at least with the logo if both of you are happy too. If you'd rather do it yourself @trainer red don't feel selfish saying it. I'm just putting myself in there if needs be. And if you're wondering who the devil I am I'm a designer here at Poniverse who was the creator of the Poniverse logo. http://mlpforums.com...poniverse-logo/ Once again, don't mean to feed off fame. Just offering my support.

I'd be totally fine if you're willing to try your hand at making a logo for me. QuQ I don't have any specific artist making a text logo for me, after all. If I'm not being very clear, I'm looking for a font only logo, not any symbols or anything. I need it so that I can have a logo that I can use more easily on cover art, posters, etc. High quality formats are appreciated, as well as the logo in full white and/or full black.~

More examples :

Zedd's Logo :

mq1.jpg?v=511c1b1a

Lazy Rich's Logo :

avatars-000005926911-zr1jbt-t500x500.jpg

Lucky Date's Logo :

Lucky_Date_Logo_520_310.jpg

Edited by Otty~

(edited)

Yeah okay. I might as well give it a shot when I come home from school tomorrow. Everything I make logo wise is in illustrator so pretty much all file formats of any resolution I can cover no problem :P

And yes, a type only logo is fine to do. I'm assuming you want the text to be slightly modified in some way to symbolise the whole seal theme? As in in a similar way to the rest of the logos you've shown.

Edited by Jamiequadbike

And yes, a type only logo is fine to do. I'm assuming you want the text to be slightly modified in some way to symbolise the whole seal theme? As in in a similar way to the rest of the logos you've shown.

Yes, I'd really appreciate that! But if it's too much trouble it's not obligatory.

(edited)

Nah it's no trouble. I do this almost on a daily basis. I just hope it will all pay off someday.

Update! I have something to show. It's a little rough right now, and as you can see I'm not a pro at vectoring seal flippers and an E at once  :P

post-12661-0-76306000-1404323877_thumb.png

So what do you think so far? Still needs a lot of adjustments and refinements though. It seems a bit odd right now. And readability of the E isn't perfect too.

Edited by Jamiequadbike

So what do you think so far? Still needs a lot of adjustments and refinements though. It seems a bit odd right now. And readability of the E isn't perfect too.

I like the idea so far, but I'm looking for something sharper, more "streamlined". I like the "TARIN", but I think the letters "O" and "E" could be sharper in their shape, they don't really seem to blend well with the rest of the logo at the moment. I appreciate the help, btw. Thank you.~ ^^

I like the idea so far, but I'm looking for something sharper, more "streamlined". I like the "TARIN", but I think the letters "O" and "E" could be sharper in their shape, they don't really seem to blend well with the rest of the logo at the moment. I appreciate the help, btw. Thank you.~ ^^

Their really is a limit of how sharp you can make the flippers before they start to look very much like spikes rather than real flippers. But I've cleaned them up, made it symmetrical, made the nose sharper, made the E more recognisable and overall refined it all.

post-12661-0-71089900-1404327698_thumb.png

Their really is a limit of how sharp you can make the flippers before they start to look very much like spikes rather than real flippers. But I've cleaned them up, made it symmetrical, made the nose sharper, made the E more recognisable and overall refined it all.

Alright, last request. Could you have the "O" follow the same pattern as the "TARIN"? I'm interested how that'd look like.

Due to the roundness of the O, you can't get a really nice, smooth curve on it when you add the pattern. But maybe you like the slightly blunt look of it. I dont know :P

post-12661-0-13195300-1404330929_thumb.png

last request.

And also, you're not limited to any number of requests with this. I dont get bothered with being fed constant feedback and suggestions. It is after all what gets you the logo you like :)

And also, you're not limited to any number of requests with this. I dont get bothered with being fed constant feedback and suggestions. It is after all what gets you the logo you like :)

Ah, alright. Cool! ^^

I'd rather go with the design before, it seems to be more appealing. Can you make the top arch so it looks more symmetrical to the bottom? Also, would you mind using some sort of small sized shape underneath to somewhat represent a flipper?

(edited)

Ah, alright. Cool! ^^

I'd rather go with the design before, it seems to be more appealing. Can you make the top arch so it looks more symmetrical to the bottom? Also, would you mind using some sort of small sized shape underneath to somewhat represent a flipper?

Yeah sure! I can do that. I kept the top straight cause i noticed how their bellies seemed to curve much more than their back. But ill give curving both a try. Though what exactly do you mean by a "small sized shape"? Like a front flipper along with the back ones?

Edited by Jamiequadbike

Right, front flipper and a curved back has been added.

post-12661-0-77660100-1404404661_thumb.png

I think when you're satisfied with the concept it would need a second revision (redoing everything to make everything much cleaner and much better) but it won't take as long as we already know what we're doing, it would just be a better version. The shape of the body still isn't too 'seal-ish' so that needs to be attended too. 

Right, front flipper and a curved back has been added.

I like that one, with the top of the O above the back. For some reason that looks more seal-ish to me.

Just a thought, would the E be clearer if the non-E part of the fins were shaded to a gray? I'm not sure that made sense. Forgive me for editing your art but I can't figure out a way to explain what I mean without showing it:

post-12661-0-77660100-1404404661.png

Now that I see it, I'm not convinced myself. However, I still thought I'd throw it out there as an idea.

I like it so far! I was wondering if you could do a little experimenting, though. I was thinking, "What if the horizontal line on the T connects the O to the beginning of the E while following the same curved pattern as the letter?" I was wondering if you could attempt to do that. It'd be much appreciated. x3

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Sorry to have edited your art @, but I really couldn't resist. Apologies.

attachicon.gifOttyLogo.png

Well in fact, me and Otty have been working on a different logo behind the scenes via pm. So the progress on that logo has ended. Give her a shout if you want to see what we did (unless she sees this and posts it anyway :P )

Edited by Jamiequadbike