Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Character Database Addition

Commander Frost

(edited)

Okay, well I think that in the character database, we should add another option.

AJAjI0w.png

As seen here, we have quite a few options, but I think we should add "Created By Me". An option to easily finding your oc in the database. I know you can find it by going to Pages in your content, but not everyone knows that and It would definitely be easier with that option.

Edited by Frozen_Pegasus.mp3
  • Brohoof 1

Makes sense to me. This wouldn't be a high priority though, so if I can't find a way to do this in the AdminCP one of the developers might be able to custom-build functionality for this at some point in the future.

• Brohoof 1

Makes sense to me. This wouldn't be a high priority though, so if I can't find a way to do this in the AdminCP one of the developers might be able to custom-build functionality for this at some point in the future.

Of course it wouldn't be high priority. It's just something to make everybody's day a little less stressful. :)

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I've just done some investigation and figured out a few things as a result.

That sort by list that you provided a screenshot of isn't intended to narrow down the list to find any specific characters. It's designed to sort the list of all characters in a way you specify. It is possible for me to add a custom field to character pages that would require people to enter in their username, subsequently placing an option to sort that list by who created the character.

However, that would do something very similar to what the current Member ID sort option does. It wouldn't let you find your own characters more easily, it would just sort the list in numeric order of user IDs or, if I did what I mentioned above, in alphabetic order of usernames. 

That being said, there is an alternative way to find characters that you have created.

When you are in the character database, click the search button (the button on the far right):
8571cd81be.png

Click the gear icon (to the right of the green button):
82eedb1e18.png

On the page that appears, select Pages, enter your username into the Find author field, select Characters in the Search In list, and then click Search Now at the bottom. The settings would look like this:

3b08e86d09.png

You'd then see a list of all of your characters.

Please note that if you wanted to see your Equestrian Empire characters you would need to select Equestrian World Characters in the Search In settings.

Due to the fact that we have this feature as well as the find content feature on profiles, I don't think there's anything I could add to make it easier to find characters you have made, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic. The find content feature is broken at the moment, but only for forum posts. If you click Pages under By Content Type on your content page and select Characters under More Filters, you will be able to see a list of your characters.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

• Brohoof 1