Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Trixie have been punished?

RainbowMau

(edited)

I guess that you wouldn't be above telling Trixie her life is totally meaningless and deserves to live in dragon territory were she'd get nothing but abuse!

No. She should get a job as a party entertainer and learn that she IS nothing compared to actual powerful unicorns

Edited by Evil Dragon Master

@,

The problem is most of the Mane Six were not being jerks to her. The only ones criticizing her performance really were Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash.

Magicians are also supposed to back up what they say with actions, the "show don't tell" policy of entertainment. Also karma is not always nice, but when you make up stories and lies they will come back and bite one in the flank.

• Brohoof 1

Collaborative function of art and fiction can be applied here too. BTW, I'm starting to see Trixie as a form of Unicorn HFA.

I can shoot someone in the face because I think it's cool, lol, perfect logic

But take a look at Merriwether Williams.  She didn't exactly get the hang of writing for the show until Season 3.

• Brohoof 1

What's that got to do with anything?

Yes, I know maybe having an ego isn't so much of a good idea, but come on!  You saying that Trixie is so weak and pathetic that Tirek couldn't feed off of her is like what Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon said to Scootaloo in "Flight to the Finnish"!  Essh!  Find a softer way to humble Trixie!

Yes, I know maybe having an ego isn't so much of a good idea, but come on!  You saying that Trixie is so weak and pathetic that Tirek couldn't feed off of her is like what Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon said to Scootaloo in "Flight to the Finnish"!  Essh!  Find a softer way to humble Trixie!

She's a drawing on a computer. She is garbage in the power tier and it is doubtful that she can do anything but pretend she's powerful

But take a look at Merriwether Williams. She didn't exactly get the hang of writing for the show until Season 3.

Good point and kudos for correctly applying a method for interpretation of authorial intent. :D

She's a drawing on a computer. She is garbage in the power tier and it is doubtful that she can do anything but pretend she's powerful

Why are you calling her garbage?  Trixie seems as powerful as a normal unicorn!

Why are you calling her garbage?  Trixie seems as powerful as a normal unicorn!

Because, most normal unicorns don't claim that they are the most powerful being ever. Not to mention even that is debatable, she didn't really beat AJ, Rarity, or RD, she just humiliated them, all the tricks they did were more impressive

(edited)

Because, most normal unicorns don't claim that they are the most powerful being ever. Not to mention even that is debatable, she didn't really beat AJ, Rarity, or RD, she just humiliated them, all the tricks they did were more impressive

There's a good chance that like the writers on the show, Trixie might have just not known her errors.  For example, in some episodes, the writers thought it would've been a good idea to put in stupid anticlimaxes until season 4.  Kind of like of how Trixie thought her ego was a good idea.

Next thing you know, everypony is still going to harass Trixie.  And Trixie would refuse to move on with life all because everypony sees her as pathetic.

Edited by ideaguy1998

And yet, she's the third most powerful unicorn we've seen in the show...

Let's see, Sunset Shimmer is equal to Twilight and Shining Armor is a guard, yeah, no

Sunset's non-canon and Twilight is an alicorn; she's only weaker than Shining Armor and StarSwirl.

Sunset's non-canon and Twilight is an alicorn; she's only weaker than Shining Armor and StarSwirl.

Pre Alicorn Twilight I mean. And EQG is canon, that was stated. Flash Sentry appearing is proof of this. 

Even disregarding her, Twilight said that "Age spells are for the highest level unicorns" implying that there are unicorns who can do them

I agree that Trixie was probably the maligned pony in her first episode.

This does not, however, warrant the revenge scenario she was playing out in her second.

She and Tirek should be getting chummy in Tartarus.

• Brohoof 1

Pre Alicorn Twilight I mean. And EQG is canon, that was stated. Flash Sentry appearing is proof of this. 

Even disregarding her, Twilight said that "Age spells are for the highest level unicorns" implying that there are unicorns who can do them

So it is. That means StarSwirl, Twilight, Shining Armor, and Shimmer, although Shimmer's only more powerful on the comics. 5th's not bad; considering all of these characters study magic as a job and Trixie is only putting on a show. Outperforming 90% of all unicorns isn't bad at all.

I agree that Trixie was probably the maligned pony in her first episode.

This does not, however, warrant the revenge scenario she was playing out in her second.

She and Tirek should be getting chummy in Tartarus.

Even though Trixie changed.

Even though Trixie changed.

Kind of hard to tell that she did. One thing that always bugged me was that Trixie apologized to Twilight, but not to any of the other ponies she abused throughout the episode.

Anyway, lots of people change after they commit a crime like holding an entire town hostage. Doesn't mean they don't do time.

Scootaloo is crippled, Trixie is perfectly healthy. Scootaloo doesn't try to make herself look like the best flyer ever, Trixie claims she's the strongest ever

It's true, Trixie is weak and is nothing but smoke and mirrors

Congratulations, even Sweetie Belle can do that 

Here's something that could wind up in the show, but make everypony not so different from Trixie:

A tank destroyer mysteriously winds up in Ponyville.  Thinking that technology is pathetic, everypony ridicules it and decides to throw junk into its tracks and its barrel.  The results were not pretty, even if everypony survived.