Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Life in Equestria

Lightning Bliss

@@Lightning Bliss,

Riley and Anala chortled at this. "I know, right!" agreed Anala. "Plus, who needs three sets of knives and forks just for one meal? And who would want to pay 50 Bits just for a few tiny herbs on a plate? I usually opt for fast food restaurants. I'm not a snob with more Bits than brains."

The dog, being reasonably small, strutted around on Riley's body, sniffing him all over.

"Hey, no butt-sniffing back there, buddy," he joked.

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

Bliss chuckled at the dog's antics, wondering if he thought he was a pony too. Then finally she spotted her modest little booth with the paintings still intact.

"Aw here we are!" She exlaimed as she trotted up and fluttered over the shelf, "feel free to browse everypony while Rag gets back on it with my new doll. I'm hoping so ponies will come in for a trade. Really would love to see if somepony would trade a discord lap for one of my paintings."

@@Lightning Bliss,

The dog hopped off Riley and went behind Anala. The dog held Anala's braided tail in its mouth. The delightful little canine didn't really chew the tail, just tugged at it lightly.

Anala giggled. "Mind you don't pull me over, furry little friend."

Riley was engrossed in the paintings made possible by Lightning Bliss' creative mind. "I don't have a Discord lamp, but..."

He reached into his saddlebag and took out his Discord stuffed toy from when he was a colt. "Does this interest you at all?"

@@Lightning Bliss,@@Rainbow Eclipse,

Rag just smiles and takes the doll in the back where everything still was, with Dishcloth. When he got the stuff he needed he got to work. He removed the burnt legs and made new ones and put them on the doll. He also replaced any part of it that was burnt as well. It didn't take him to long till he was done. Then he walked over to Bliss and placed the doll on her shoulder. "All better."

(edited)

@@Rainbow Eclipse,@@Gloomfury,

"Aw Riley," Bliss exclaimed as he showed her his colthood toy, "it's adorable but... you really don't want it? Surely you still have attatchments to it."

As she was about to convience Riley about keeping his toy, she felt a soft plush touch her shoulder and looked to see her new doll was not only whole again, but looked like it never was burt at all. "Rag...she's beautiful! Better then ever!" She took the little doll with her levitation, held it up to be inspected. Her bottom lip stuck out in her inability to control her emotions, puckered and quivered, then she cried and held the doll close, squeezing the life out of it if it had any. "So long I've been away from you old friend...all those nights you were there for me...then I lost you...now...now you're back..." She then without thinking, levitated Rag Stitch towards her and hugged him tightly. "Thank you... thank you so much! I can't figure out how to thank you anymore then just...THANK YOU!"

Edited by Lightning Bliss

@@Lightning Bliss,

Riley looked at the plushie. Sure, he had had plenty of toys back when he was a kid, but still... he had rather fond memories of he, Reece, and Anala playing without a care in the world, being engrossed in the make-believe world fueled by their imaginations.

"Yeah, you're right." Riley hugged the toy like it was a lifeline, and he then put it back into his saddlebag.

@@Gloomfury,

Riley looked at the doll that was clearly very important to Bliss. "Good job, Rag Stitch," he complimented.

Rag Grunts a little when Bliss pulled him into a hug. But he still smiled and hugged her back. "You're welcome, Bliss." Then the dog  ran over after feeling the strong emotions. Then he started licking Lightning Bliss's cheek to help clean her tears and cheer her up. Rag smiles again and pets the dog as he kept hugging Bliss.

@@Lightning Bliss

Patches watched them adding bits in. "You're talking to me about Canterlot? I had to go to college there for three years" 

Once they got to the stall he did a once over of the paintings. 

"Nice. Very nice" He dug into his saddle bags for something to trade with. He then remembered all head on him was medical suppluies, a book, and a lamp. 

"Unless you want a shot or lamp of the the embodiment of chaos I got nothing worth your while" He said dropping the items he had gathered back into his bag.

Patches watched the heart warming sight with a slight smile. It was nice to watch to say the least.

@@Rainbow Eclipse, @@Gloomfury, @@Firehearted,

She sniffed back her tears and quietly nuzzled Rag's cheek apologetically for hugging him too tightly, then addressed Patches.

"You have a discord lamp?" She asked enthustiastically as she looked at his trading stock, "i've been wanting to have one of those for a long time! My husband you see... Nights Hoopla...he'd like to have something that reminds him of home somewhat. A draconequus lamp would really be beneficial to him!"

@@Lightning Bliss,

He levitated the lamp back out of his saddle bag. "This? I'll let it off my hooves for Er..." He looked over the paintings again. "That one" He pointed at a painting just small enough to fit in his saddle bags. He didn't particularly care for it but then again it wasn't for him.

@@Firehearted,

She darted to the picture he pointed to. It was one of her latest, smaller paintings of an elegant chimera female. It had the cat head of a jaguar, the head of a zebra, and the tail of a cobra. It was both feresome but beautiful to see at the same time as she seemed to be patrolling her territory in some lost jungle of magic and mystery. It was one of her favorite paintings she almost didn't want to trade away, but she knew she could replicate it again if ever needed.

She levitated it over and stared at it for a second, then smiled and handed it to him.

"Would you like that wrapped up in paper for protection?" She smiled.

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

Riley and Anala looked over at the painting that Lightning Bliss had produced. It was so wonderful and detailed! It was clear that Lightning Bliss painted a lot, and took pleasure in doing so.

"Wow, that's amazing!" said Anala.

"Did you, by any chance, use the painting materials I gave you for your birthday?" asked Riley.

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

@@Rainbow Eclipse,

She giggled and nodded to Riley.

"Course I did! How else was I gonna get all these paintings out of my head?" She smiled and levitated another painting out for her to look at for her own benefit. This time it was a painting of Twilight Sparkle and how she interperted the battle between the great Princess of Friendship and the villian Tirek. "After my birthday and I recieved all those paints from you and a few others. My orginal supply of paintings went out of stock fast. I guess I got really motivated to do art as you can see," she gestured with her hoof as she swept it across her booth at the display of all her paintings. "I just couldn't stop you know?"

@@Lightning Bliss,

Riley and Anala looked in awe at the painting of Twilight and Tirek doing epic battle.

"That... is... awesome..." whispered Riley. He fell over backwards because of the sheer awesomeness radiating from Lightning Bliss' painting.

Anala rolled her eyes and pulled Riley back up.

"I'd love to have one of your paintings hanging up on my wall!" said Riley, hoping he would find space amongst all of the pictures of Anala. "Anything you want for it?"

@@Lightning Bliss,

Since Rag was done fixing the doll he now had nothing to do. He started looking around Bliss's stand. He looked at at each painting with wonder. Rag wasn't seen a lot of art over his time wandering. So this was really something to him. As he walked he started to feel a little dizzy. He felt like this whenever he was starving. He thought he did the right thing by giving the dog his hot dogs.  But now that he thought about he could have given the dog one and eat the other. He didn't think it over. 

He stumbles a little and falls on the ground next to Bliss and his stomach lets out a loud growl.  "I...I guess I'm hungrier then I thought. ... Why is everything blurry... And why can I hear my heartbeat?" 

@@Gloomfury, @@Rainbow Eclipse,

Bliss was just about to answer Riley happily about the idea of just giving him a piece since he and Anala really didn't have anything she wanted in return, especially since they bought them lunch, when she felt a swift motion breeze past her mane. She turned then, and her eyes shrunk back in shock.

"Rag!" She curled up next to him and extended one of her wings over his back. She could feel tremers going out through his entire body, along with the familiar growls of an angry stomach. "Oh...you, you silly stallion!" She then turned to Riley and Anala then. "I suppose you both do have something to trade after all! If you could...um... here!" She levitated out another small baggie of bits she kept in her saddle bags she had levitated in the back of her booth, "take this money please, and go buy as much food with it as you can for Rags...he's starving...You do that and the picture is yours! Please hurry!"

@@Lightning Bliss@@Gloomfury,

Riley and Anala nodded in unison. It didn't take a free painting to motivate them; they could tell Rag needed something to eat fast. They would never forgive themselves if Rag starved to death or at least ended up in hospital.

~~~

Riley and Anala returned, panting like crazy. "Here..." said Riley in between breaths, placing down bottles of water, large bags of potato chips, and boxes of salad.

"We chipped in ourselves too..." added Anala, also struggling to catch her breath.

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

Patches watching the pony fall to the ground. 

"What's wrong with him?" He asked. "Starving to death?" He dropped next to the stallion. "How long has he not eaten? If it's been more that four days then he's going into autophagy or in other words his body is eating itself" He stood back up. "We can't do anything about it except get him food. First though we need to get him to the hospital. Now"

Once Riley and Anala returned with food he gave another order. 

"Do not let him eat that quickly. If he does he'll just throw it back him. Give it to him piece by piece. Do any of you know where the nearest hospital or at least an aid station is?"

@@Firehearted,

Bliss started to panic by Patches words at this point. They had just came from a redi clinic that was stationed at the festivel. There were four in total, located in the north, east, south and west of the tent sites. She stood up from comforting Rag and nodded to Anala and Riley to help him eat, while she trotted to Patches.

"The nearest clinc we just came from...Rag said he usually doesn't eat for five days... I tried to get him to eat but..he just wouldn't and...Gah this is all my fault..." she lowered her head, "I tried to help him to eat..."

She shook her head then, realizing now wasn't the time to be playing the blame game...As Princess, she had to make decisions, one of her citizens needed help. "Alright, I know where the clinic is, but I don't think I can carry Rag again, after carrying him twice it has become a bit of an effort. Patches, you think you can carry him on your back? And I can lead the way."

-- Meanwhile --

Chase Razor had left the saftey of the clinic without consent to the nice nurse who tended his face. It wouldn't scare luckily from the blow of the wrench he got from Rag, but it defiently would force him to wear the bandages for a week. This only insisted in fueling his anger. Now more then ever he wanted revenge on Lightning Bliss, and he would take it out on the foolish colt who tried to protect her.

"He called himself Rag..." Chase asked one of the nearest food booths he came across once he reached the other side of the festivel, the last time he saw his prey. "He was with the Princess Lightning Bliss..."

"Princess of Peace?" The hot dog pony clerk clarified, "she was here not too long ago with a few other ponies. I believe she's got a booth up about a few meters from here... I think it was over there. Would you like me to take you?"

"No need... I'll find it myself..." He shrugged and stomped off, following the direction the clerk described.

@@Lightning Bliss,

"Yeah, I can carry him. He doesn't eat for five days at a time? How? I'm surprised his body can still function like that" He sighed as he levitated Rag onto his back. "Some ponies..." He muttered

"This wasn't your fault. If anyone's it was his for not eating anything"

(edited)

@@Firehearted,@@Rainbow Eclipse,

"I would try to get him to eat Anala and Riley, let Patches focus on carrying him while I lead too." She hasitly tried to manuver through the crowds, it only getting slightly harder when a few ponies would stop to bow to her. She would smile but quickly shuu them away. "Clear a path everypony! We got an ill stallion here!"

Then abruptly...just as she was about to see the clinic, she slammed head first into a familiar off white coat. She stumbled back, rubbing her horn, then focused her eyes on who she bumped into.

"Well well, here we are again," Chase Razor smirked, stopping all the ponies. "You brought more ponies to protect your royal ears too have we?"

"Chase!" Bliss snorted and pawed the ground. I don't have time for this... "Move Chase...my friend needs medical care..."

"You mean the friend that wacked me in the face with a wrench? Where is the son of a forgotton mule..." he snorted as he gripped her by his levitation, thrusting her behind him.

"HEY!" She whinnied trying to kick free of his magic.

The rest of the ponies scattered away from the group, seeing that an actual threat on the Princess was occuring and they were unsure how to deal with the situation. Especially when it looked like it was a royal guard that was capturing her.

"You..." Chase pawed the ground at Patches as he came face to face with the other unicorn, "put the bum down and be on your way... I'll take over his 'care'..."

Bliss's eyes went wide in horror. She desperatly tried to kick free of his magic again. "STOP IT CHASE! Leave him alone! Them all alone! It's me you want not them!"

Edited by Lightning Bliss

@@Lightning Bliss,

Patches looked at the unicorn in front of him for a moment. What would Atlas do? Punch him in the face. Yeah. Good plan. Like the flimsy Patches could throw a punch.

"Put the princess down" He said not expecting a response. "I will not give you Rag. You will turn around and leave" He told the stallion in the most composed voice he could give. 

Violence is not the solution. Be calm and responsible.

"If you leave us be I'll give you a hundred bits"

@@Lightning Bliss,@@Rainbow Eclipse, @@Firehearted,

Rag Stitch was drifting in and out of consciousness when everything was going on. He could here everyone talking about him and that he needed to go back to the clinic. Maybe he should start eating more often, He thought to himself.  Then he felt himself being lifted up on someones back. He blinked a few times till her could see better. When his vision cleared he could tell he was on Patches back. After almost drifting to sleep he heard a voice that wasn't the others. He tried to sit up as best as he could with the strength that he still had.

When he looked towards who the new pony was his vision was still a little blurry. He blinked a few more times till it was a little more clear.  When he say that it was Chase the anger he felt when he fought him came back. He overheard him telling the others that he wanted him, most likely for revenge.  He was just going to give himself up so the others wouldn't get hurt. But then he picked up Lighting Bliss in his magic. And then, he blacked out.  

He got off Patches back like he was in no pain at all. Then he charged into Chase, knocking him on the ground and landing him on top of him. Reg looked down at Chase with eyes filled with nothing anger and hate. Like they were made of his pure rage. And then he placed his hooves on the white unicorns neck and started squeezing it as tight as he could. "LET HER GO!" He said though gritted teeth. 

You could tell by the look in Rag's eyes that he wanted to kill this stallion.

Edited by Gloomfury

Patches had no time to react to Rag's move. He watched as the pony began to straggle his helpless victim. 

Oh, no no no. He's in bad shape as it is! If he losses more energy his condition could only get worse. Patches began to run in place trying to think of what to do. He began to sweet bullets. "What to do, what to do!" Medical! He yank his bag to him. Scissors... Outdated morphine... Bandages... Love letters he'll never send... He had nothing. His only skill set which was medicine had no purpose here.

Once again he began to panic. The princess was immobile and Rag was about to become a killer and all he could do was watch from a safe distance. Why was nopony else helping?! In the middle of a fair with scores of ponies not one was doing anything! 

What am I going to do?! I just can't stand around! Patches watched in horror. What would Atlas do?!