Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Gen 3.5 suck?

Stone Cold Applejack

I don't like it when people say Bronies bash all the older gens. I'm sure there are some that do, but the conversations in this thread are not an example of that. I actually liked Gen 1, didn't care for Gen 2 (the subject matter, the animation and voices were fine I suppose) and I didn't see much of Gen 3. But 3.5? That, to me, is objectively bad. Like many others have stated, it's low quality, minimal effort, and just because it's meant for young girls doesn't excuse that. The kids can like it, it's not like we're saying take it away from them or anything, but Gen 4 proved that you can have an interesting show aimed at young girls and have it be GOOD. You can acknowledge the 3.5 mini web cartoons are not good while also showing respect to the previous generations, it's not either/or.

Edited by TenorSounds

The thread asked us if why many say that Gen 3.5 sucked. We are providing answers based on the opinions the thread asked us to recall. It's not shoving our "bitching and whining" into a conversation if the conversation is asking for an explanation for that reaction specifically.

And I'm getting tired of this "You don't have to watch it if you don't like it!" statement in general. Of course this is true, and many of us are not watching it. It isn't like we view it every time we want to complain about it. I've personally only seen it once, and that's all people need for this uncanny horror to be burned into their minds.

You certainly don't have to take the extra step and hate on it. This topic was created because someone wanted to know some of the cons of G3.5, and any normal person would reply with some of the cons. But no - most of the people had to take that extra step and throw in some hate, would you like me to demonstrate? Okay, I will, here is what most of replies sounded like:

G3.5 is something you never want to watch. The voices are incredibly ear piercing, the animation gives me an uncanny headache, and the designs... the awful, HORRENDOUS designs; the designs make me want to hurl and their eyes stare into your soul and leave a burned imagine in... My Little Pony is truly created by the demon himself, and is meant for no mortal to ever lay eyes on...

Like, honestly?! You people just had to take the step and insult the entire generation like this and completely over exaggerate about it, it's ridiculous! I don't like G4 that much, but you don't see me completely over-exaggerating about how horrible it is!

Edited by Mami Tomoe

I guess because of the story arch it made for itself. It to be a fantasy kinda thing and it was all too frilly, and even had to demote the series with a little side movies or whatever: Baby something. It wasn't because of 3.5s attemp to make them more cute to drive the merchandise to kids faster, it was because of the baby series and It's poor tactics to marketing another set of products. The show had little to know enthusiasm when it comes down to production and animation quality. It was only there to make a profit. Which is why 3.5 and the Baby series are terrible.

>Inb4modslockupflamewar

Edited by TheDarkMysteryMan

Like, honestly?! You people just had to take the step and insult the entire generation like this and completely over exaggerate about it, it's ridiculous! I don't like G4 that much, but you don't see me completely over-exaggerating about how horrible it is!

I think that was just for laughs. Most people probably don't care enough about G3.5 to get that angry, but writing critiques like that are fun to write and to read.

If you don't like it, don't watch it! But stop bitching and whining about it! There are those of us with kids and THEY enjoy it, which is all that matters!

I apologize that you were offended by my remark. However, that is my opinion, and I stand by it.

I saw one video, and I regret ever seeing it. 

If you don't like it, don't watch it! But stop bitching and whining about it! There are those of us with kids and THEY enjoy it, which is all that matters!

No one is bitching and whining. We're simply critiquing it, and giving our own opinions on it. Honestly, I think you're just being a bit too defensive of the earlier gens.

• Brohoof 3