Friendship is against the rules? D:

I just realized something, isn't this the same sort of thing they did in the novel Brave New World by Aldous Huxley?

Make everyone kind of friends, but no close relationships.... 0-o

This now worries me even further.

My face now...

Posted Image

Edited by Guest

This now worries me even further.

Slenderman, I just want to say one thing....

Your current avatar goes along disturbingly well with your posts in this thread. :lol:

Slenderman, I just want to say one thing....

Your current avatar goes along disturbingly well with your posts in this thread. :lol:

lol, I didn't even notice that but you are right! XD

Posted Image

Every time humanity gets my hopes up, it kicks my hope in the balls with things like this.

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 2

How long before all elementary/middle/high school is online? There's no point to being present in a school if you can't make friends and develop social skills. Post all the lessons and homework online if that's the case. Jiminy tapdancin' Crickets, this world.

Yet another stupid idea that's next to impossible to reinforce. What, they gonna give them a slap on the wrist or suspend them if they hang out with their friends? What ever happened to keeping your kid sealed in a plastic bubble and letting the rest of the world move on as the overly-hyper-extreme protective parents ruined their kids life by protecting them from reality itself?

How could they possibly think that this was a good idea? Not only will it make shy kids even more shy and bullies even more bully-...ish, but it will also leave kids unprepared for important relationships in the future!

I just got confirmation from two friends in the UK. It's true.

*sigh*

UK Schools...

Posted Image

Generally speaking the point of having friends, especially best friends, is to not break up. It's not anyone's business what I do on my computer at home but if I was still in school they would suddenly have the power to tell me I can't make best friends across the internet when I'm at home, away from them?

The school specifically states that once the child reaches home they are no longer the responsibility or within the jurisdiction of the school. You can't stop people from being best friends, it's not a physical thing you can sever or keep from happening. Best friends will happen regardless of how they try to prevent it.

Of course, I'm 21 and don't even live in the Eastern Hemisphere but honestly I would not let my child, if I had one, to go to any school that tried to limit their behaviors in such a way. It's one thing to stop kids from being hurt by bullies but to tell them they aren't allowed to have close friends (Which are as much for fun as they are for moral support) is ridiculous.

In the end, the policy doesn't make sense and it holds no grounds outside of school. Two kids could become the best of friends outside of school and then when they get in school...what? Are they gonna keep them separated at recess because they shouldn't be something that is considered by all of society to be something that most people need: Friends you can rely on?

And news flash: "Harsh reality" is something not everyone experiences no matter whether they have friends or not. They are gonna have to deal with breaking up with a girlfriend/boyfriend eventually which could be even more difficult, they'll have to deal with breaking up with their friends when someone moves away, it's an eventuality that is not necessarily going to happen 100% of the time.

Also, it's not like humanity has gone through millions of years of making friends and having to leave them. These schools are basically treating these children like they are some kind of social rejects who can't get over the fact they may never see their friends again or will never make new friends or what-have-you.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't get through school that easily if I didn't have a best friend to look to. -.-;

And when you look at MLP:FiM, the mane 6 is a group of best friends. They look out for each other. Will they ever separate? Possibly (but not in the show). The Cutie Mark Crusaders? They're also best friends.

I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind this rule. Maybe the person who made it up has a best friend turn their back on them. I don't know. It's just stupid.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! Oh my GOD this is such BULL-

According to the Daily Mail

Oh never mind, this is all probably made up. For those of you outside of the UK not familiar with our papers, the Daily Mail tend to be rather...lacking in the fact-finding department, just to let you know.

For starters, they don't even name any schools or areas or teachers that are advocating this plan. Sounds like a Chinese Whispers story to me. They tend to do that a lot.

I just got confirmation from two friends in the UK. It's true.

*sigh*

Do they actually know the schools that are doing this, or did they just read the Daily Mail?

Because I seriously would not trust the Daily Mail, I wouldn't call them outright liars, but I would call them ignorant.

They're the kind of newspaper that, if they were a person, would start with "I may be a housewife but..." and then come out with something really ignorant sounding but not truly founded in malice, like "I'm scared of those awful Muslims and their brainwashing ways".

Believe me, they made a lot of gaffes in the past years, including what I said above, and I demand confirmation on this because this is just fearmongering. Also because I'm from the UK and we have enough stuff to contend with without anything untrue, just saying.

So, can anyone confirm about this from a source other than MSN or Daily Mail? Would really help.

Edited by FinalGamer

Well I hope your friend is wrong, even if I'm not in England. I dunno if he just read the paper and assumed or he actually DOES know a school doing so. But thanks for linking me regardless, I'm gonna research a bit on my own.

Godspeed. I hope you prove me wrong on this, because even with the conformation of my fellows, I still think this may be false or something...

Godspeed. I hope you prove me wrong on this, because even with the conformation of my fellows, I still think this may be false or something...

I put some feelers out with a few twitter sources and people I know, I'll give you guys an update.

Because FRIENDSHIP

is SERIOUS BUSINESS

• Brohoof 1

I put some feelers out with a few twitter sources and people I know, I'll give you guys an update.

Because FRIENDSHIP

is SERIOUS BUSINESS

No..........

Friendship.......

Is........

MAGIC!!!!

I put some feelers out with a few twitter sources and ponies I know, I'll give you guys an update.

Because FRIENDSHIP

is SERIOUS BUSINESS

I really hope you find out that this was based off faulty or only partially true information, good luck!