Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament III

Literally Snails

@,

Trench watched Juri as she worked and as he waited for his drink. He was think that maybe he shouldn't bother her at work. He noticed her not really listening to what he was saying. When you don't talk much like Trench,  you learn to read others rather well. He looks off to the side and waited for his dink, going back to being quiet.

Grant walked over to Trench while he sat and calmly said, "I hadn't expected any fighter's to show up here. This is a pleasant surprise to be sure." He brushed a strand of perfect hair from his eyes. "I'm sure you know who I am. I made quite a bit of money off of your fight, and I expect that you'll win again tomorrow."

Juri walked over to Trench's table with a tray of two lemon drinks. She froze in place once she saw Grant.

"And by the looks of things, I'd say Juri will be rooting for you as well."

"Don't be ridiculous, sir! That would be a conflict of interest," Juri said tensely. It was never good when her boss paid direct attention to her.

"But corruption has always been a part of these fights. You've been here long enough to know that, dear," Grant said with a pleasant casualness. "I'll leave you two alone, you must understand I'm very busy." Grant walked off into the crowded room without saying another word.

Juri sat down at Trench's table and remarked, "We've had a different committee head each year, and each of them has been a complete tool. Just once, I'd like to have a boss who at least pretended not to be an upstart prick! You know Big Shot was my dad? At least Rail and Grant pay me minimum wage! I'm ranting aren't I? Sorry."

(Big Shot was the tournament Committee head during year one. Rail killed him. No one was sad about it.)

@,

Trench didn't say a word to the stallion that sat next to him. He had no reason to. But he could tell that he didn't like him. When he left and Juri came back he felt more comfortable. He then listened  to what she had to say without interrupting. "I don't mind. I do not talk much so I grew to be good at listening." He takes a drink of his hard lemon aid. "Thank you for the drink. And I'm sorry but I don't know who Big shot is. I never even heard of the tournament till I got the invitation."

@,

Trench didn't say a word to the stallion that sat next to him. He had no reason to. But he could tell that he didn't like him. When he left and Juri came back he felt more comfortable. He then listened  to what she had to say without interrupting. "I don't mind. I do not talk much so I grew to be good at listening." He takes a drink of his hard lemon aid. "Thank you for the drink. And I'm sorry but I don't know who Big shot is. I never even heard of the tournament till I got the invitation."

"He was the CEO of Manehattan General," Juri said, "Emphasis on was. He sold the company and partnered with Rail to start up this tournament five years ago; and since he only saw me as a pretty little object he got me a job as a referee. He designed my uniform himself, the creep! That's the connection me and Topaz have. We each had richie-rich fathers who started this mess. Rail coned him out of all of his money and killed him before the second tournament began, and I wasn't torn up about it at all. I like being.independent."

(Ooc -I see that we are also waiting on Gloomfury :P)

Godric shook his head slightly. "I have no intention of increasing my persona, escecially not to ponies. Nor do I have any intention of sabatauging my opponent. Farewell, automaton", he said flying to his hotel room.

(Ooc -I see that we are also waiting on Gloomfury :P)

Godric shook his head slightly. "I have no intention of increasing my persona, escecially not to ponies. Nor do I have any intention of sabatauging my opponent. Farewell, automaton", he said flying to his hotel room.

(Well you didn't have to end it that fast...)

@

Gatasubal turned to Mirror Quake. It had detected him before he was close enough to be seen. "Scanning..." It said, "Subject data retrieved. Name: Mirror Quake. Irrelevant. Position: Arena combatant: Round two." The red light dialed down to a less bright intensity. "Data retrieval complete. Authorization is not accepted." It paused for a moment, then said, "Update: Authorization is accepted."

Walking to his room, Mirror Quake checks his room. "Good nice a and quiet, I can think here. So now I will need a plan to win this. Especially against opponents such as that Griffin. These ponies are so cruel, they have no compassion in combat or thier wishes."

@@Literally Snails,

"I see." Trench said as he took another drink. "I'm sorry you didn't have a better relationship with your father." He said with sincerity. Trench loved his father dearly so he couldn't know what it must have been like for Juri  having a father like that.  He drinks a little more of his hard lemon aid and sits back in his seat. "My father was in the royal guard when he met my mother. He was part of the princess's aid to my homeland."

@@Gloomfury

"You're homeland, huh? And where might that be?" Juri asked with genuine interest. "You didn't really strike me as being very exotic. Wait a second. If you're from outside of Equestria, how-come you're a pony?"

(Oh my god, Juri, you can't just ask people why they're ponies!)

Crimson laughed loudly. "Lady, I've drank dozens of bars out of business by accident, and I get tipsy from drinking entire barrels of alchohol. I drink rum, whisky, and tequila like water! What could you possibly have that could put ME on my ass?" He asked seriously.

((Sorry about being MIA, I've been a bit busy))

• Brohoof 1

@@Literally Snails

He had a small smile. This wasn't the first time he was asked this. "I'm from Zebraca. And actually, I'm half pony and zebra. My father was a earth pony from Canterlot and my mother was a zebra. But I took on more likeness of my father more then my mother. But I do have her eyes." He said pointing at his sapphire eyes.  

Crimson laughed loudly. "Lady, I've drank dozens of bars out of business by accident, and I get tipsy from drinking entire barrels of alchohol. I drink rum, whisky, and tequila like water! What could you possibly have that could put ME on my ass?" He asked seriously.

((Sorry about being MIA, I've been a bit busy))

Kiwi gestured for him to follow her and answered Crimson's question as they walked. "I call it the drakeling. It's the second strongest drink I brew. A sip of it's got enough alcie to make your head spin right off!"

When they reached her hotel room, she gestured for him too walk in first.

@@Gloomfury

"Half zebra, huh?" she asked. "All I know about my mother is that she was a pegasus. Dad never told me that, but I figured it out since he was an earth pony and all. And before you go thinking I'm telling you a sob story, she's not dead; or at least I don't think so. She conned Big Shot out of nearly half of his money and left. I can't say I blame her, though I would have liked her to take me with her. I was never very sad about it since I never knew her. What about your mother? Are you still in touch?"

Kiwi gestured for him to follow her and answered Crimson's question as they walked. "I call it the drakeling. It's the second strongest drink I brew. A sip of it's got enough alcie to make your head spin right off!"

When they reached her hotel room, she gestured for him too walk in first.

Crimson chuckled and shrugged, confident that his inpony matabolism and such would hold up against Kiwi's mysterious spirits. "If you say so, lady. But don't blame me when I drink the entire bottle and only have a bit of tipsyness to show for it." He said, trotting into the room.

@@Literally Snails,

He shakes his head sadly. "My mother died when I was young, about eight or nine. Same for my father. There was a raid on my village and they were killed. " He takes another drink. "But it happen a long time ago." He didn't say anything else as he slipped into his memories of them and his home.

Crimson chuckled and shrugged, confident that his inpony metabolism and such would hold up against Kiwi's mysterious spirits. "If you say so, lady. But don't blame me when I drink the entire bottle and only have a bit of tipsiness to show for it." He said, trotting into the room.

"Alright, then," Kiwi said in a slightly condescending manner. She reached into a cabinet that was filled with bottles. She pulled out a green bottle that was slightly smaller than most of the others. "Here she is," she announced. "What a beute, wouldn't you say?" She set the bottle down on a counter, then she pulled out a second one. "Never drink alone!" She said. She handed one bottle to Crimson, then she picked up the second bottle and opened it by bashing the top of the bottle against the stone counter, shattering the glass on the top of the bottle and leaving a gaping opening for her to drink from.

"One last warning before you drink, If you ain't got the stomach, this stuff'll probably kill ya'," she warned.

@@Gloomfury,

"Oh... I'm sorry," Juri said awkwardly. She finished her drink and sat up. She felt like she had touched a subject she shouldn't have. "I'm sorry that I have to do this but... I have to work for another half hour. I know, I can be such a tease. I'll see you around, okay?" She blew him a kiss and returned to her duties.

"Alright, then," Kiwi said in a slightly condescending manner. She reached into a cabinet that was filled with bottles. She pulled out a green bottle that was slightly smaller than most of the others. "Here she is," she announced. "What a beute, wouldn't you say?" She set the bottle down on a counter, then she pulled out a second one. "Never drink alone!" She said. She handed one bottle to Crimson, then she picked up the second bottle and opened it by bashing the top of the bottle against the stone counter, shattering the glass on the top of the bottle and leaving a gaping opening for her to drink from.

"One last warning before you drink, If you ain't got the stomach, this stuff'll probably kill ya'," she warned.

"I've been drinking since I was 12. I think I can handle a little bit of a kick in my drink." He said with finality, before mimicking the mare's actions and shattering the top of the second bottle against the counter. He then held it up before his face in a small toast. "To having alchohol be the only thing that kicks my ass in this tournament!" Said the pirate with a wicked smile, before tipping the glass to his lips and drinking.

After downing about half of the bottle, Crimson's eyes suddenly widened and he stopped drinking, his eyes watering as he exhaled a jet of hot steam from his mouth and ears. When he was done, he panted a bit and eyed the bottle with a mix of surprise, love, and slight confusion. "Son of a bitch! You weren't kidding! I've drank some hard stuff in my time, but this stuff...it's something else! Where'd you get it?" He asked, taking slightly steadier swigs of the brew than he did before.

@

Before Kiwi could answer his question, she gulped down her entire bottle without even removing her lips from the bottle until she was done. She finished the entire drink in five long gulps without taking any sort of break. This should have been impossible for even the most experienced drinker. Alcohol did not affect her in the normal way.

After she gracelessly tossed the empty bottle aside she said, "I didn't get it from nowhere. I brew it all myself. You see, traditional drinks just can't get me chockers the way I need it, so I started makin' me own. What you're drinking is the kiddie version. I got a drink that's almost as strong as four of these at once. I call it the dragon killa."

@@GameytheGeemer@@@Scrambled_Egghead@@@@@dusk shade@@Gloomfury,  @@

(Sorry to do this to those of you who are still doing something, but I'm gonna fast forward us to the next day. All of you should head over to the lounge. Enclosed is the schedule for the second days fight.)

Trench Club vs Overlord (If lonewolf continues to be afk, I will fill in with someone else for you to fight.)

Mirror Quake vs Godric

Kiwi vs Tempest

Crimson vs Selune

@, Selune woke up and proceeded to clean herself and prepare her items. She made as little fuss as she could lest she wake her guest.

"Let's see... grappling hook, knives, boomerang dagger, smoke bomb, short sword, shurinkens... all check. Horn, magical capacity to the max, tattered cloak replaced, hmmm do i need anything else?"

Once she focused a bit she hit her hoof at her head. Of course... she had to take a hearty breakfast and stretch her muscles. After spending half an hour on that she passed by Skuldaf. She nudged him a bit.

"Hey... are you coming in to see the matches? Watcha gonna do today?"

Tempest sighed as he walked into the lounge. He had a good night and planned on meditating until his fight. "Soon, Xena will be revealed to the world." He thought, before turning his attention directly to the spirit that he shared a body with. "If the next opponent we face is Kiwi, I don't want you to kill her."

Xena smiled and nodded. "Of course. Assuming that I'll be needed if course." He said, before giving a light chuckle. "I'm not one to kill friends or those who amuse me."

(edited)

@@GameytheGeemer@@@Scrambled_Egghead@@@@@dusk shade@@Gloomfury,  @@

(I expected more of you to reply by now.)

After the fighters were settled in the fighter's lounge, Topaz began making her early announcements.

"Welcome back, fans!" She said, "We're only moments away from the bloody second round of the Dark Tournament, but first I'd like to review with you the fights thus far. In round one, Overlord easily mutilated Kiero. Trench Club scored an impressive beheading against Imajin in the second round. For round three, Prince Godric treated us to a rather impressive dismantlement of Mito. In round four, Mirror Quake literally crushed Garnet. Round five treated us to a quick and impressive victory from Tempest over Frey. For round six, Hirue suffered a humiliating and life ending defeat against Kiwi. In round seven, Selune pulled an unexpected last minute victory against Skuldaf. And finally, in round eight, Crimson Grinn took victory away from Chain Mail. Eight fighters remain and only four of them can advance to the semi finals, so let's start the fights!"

Topaz's promise of fighting brought cheer to the audience.
Edited by Literally Snails

Godtic woke and polished his armour to reflect the hiideous visage of his opponent, Mirror Quake. He reattached his purple cloak and tested his wing's knives. She sharpened and shined Malestrom, his elemental blade. Finally he proceeded to the top of the VIP box and perched there to watch the fights.

@, @@Gloomfury,

The fighters lounge speaker finally commanded the combatants for the first fight. "Overlord and Trench Club, please report to the arena floor," it commanded.

"And we move quickly into match one, Overlord versus Trench Club!" Topaz announced. The reaction from the crowd was split between fans of both fighters.

After saying goodnight to Juri, he head back to his room to sleep and rest of for his next fight.  The next day he woke up and put his duster. club sheath, dagger and bags on before heading back to the arena to get a little more ready. When he was sharpening his dagger the announcer called him and his opponent to make way for the ring.  He takes off his club sheath and pulls out his club. Then he made his way to the arena. 

When he got to the middle he rests his club on his shoulder and wait for Overlord.