Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Sims 4 CAS demo out now!

Minepro

So I was browsing bulbapedia for evidence to support my argument that people are getting Gen 1 rival's name wrong(calling him Green when his canon name is BLUE)

And I found an ad for the Sims 4's create a sim demo. I immediately went to origin and found that it was released recently.

Gonna try and download tomorrow, will put up Link and pics for show.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/demos-betas (Demos section, feel free to check out the others too.)

I downloaded it a few days ago, and it's been really fun to play around with. I like how much you can customize, and you can create some pretty interesting sims. It also runs really smooth, so I hope that carries over into the actual game. Then again, all it is is a Create A Sim Demo, but still.

I personally love the smoothness as well. Especially when it came to loading up clothing options. I had to wait at least a minute in TS3 for all my stuff to load up and I only had 3 expansions!

I really do hope this will stay in ts4 that way it'll be more fun to play.

I downloaded it a few days ago. I couldn't even finish making a sim.

It's sad, but EA sucked all of the fun out of a series that has been among my top favorites for ten years now. I'm going to have to stick with The Sims 3.

I downloaded it a few days ago. I couldn't even finish making a sim.

It's sad, but EA sucked all of the fun out of a series that has been among my top favorites for ten years now. I'm going to have to stick with The Sims 3.

The Sims is a guilty gaming pleasure of mine. Always fun to mess around with and then realize you just spent all night on it.

Out of curiosity, what did they do to ruin it for you? The seemingly endless onslaught of overpriced expansions, stuff packs and $25 neighborhoods?

I was just disappointed to hear they removed pools. Seriously? Pools with no ladders were a great mainstay of the series, and now they're gone.

Yeah I'm a little miffed that pools are gone. What's so hard about pools?

My biggest hope for the game is that things can be built off of the grid, at least on tables. Why can only one object be on one 1x1 table? Small objects, I mean.

Out of curiosity, what did they do to ruin it for you? The seemingly endless onslaught of overpriced expansions, stuff packs and $25 neighborhoods?

Yes, that is quite a bit of the problem.

I got into The Sims 1 really late (early 2004), but when I did I *had* to have every EP and I ended up acquiring each and every one of them before The Sims 2 came out, and then when The Sims 2 came out, I had to have them all for it, too. lol

By the time The Sims 3 was announced, I had already grown weary of going through the whole EP process again. Restarting into a new base game without Seasons and Pets, etc., just felt cheap. Especially since Pets had been saved for an EP for two games.

However, the thing about The Sims 3 that made me still buy it, was that it introduced major new features that made it worth upgrading to - story progression, open world, etc. The Sims 4 has no such feature. It's simply a stagnation of The Sims formula. Not even the graphics can boast being so much better than The Sims 3 (they are certainly worse in places, in fact.) The Sims 4 doesn't play or look like a sequel.

That's simply a deal-breaker combined with me having grown tired of the EP formula. The Sims 3's EP/SP/Store mess only made me even more frustrated with it all. The Sims 4 doesn't even show any signs of trying to remedy this... Seeing as how now Toddlers and Pools are going to be features later added in an EP or Store content.

The Sims series gets harder to keep up with the longer you are into it. It's far too much money to spend (and that was all before The Sims Store was introduced, now it's a fortune for one game alone >.>), and you get absolutely nothing for your loyalty when you jump to a new The Sims game. (I know they introduced very small benefits for TS4 and that's neat and all, but it's not enough). It's all back to square-one.

It's clear as day... This game isn't aimed at long-time The Sims fans like me.

It's sad, though, because for the last ten years (my high school and college years) The Sims was such a big part of my life. The series itself, along with the community. In fact, if it hadn't been for The Sims communities, I dare to say I wouldn't have ever become much of a forumgoer. I most likely wouldn't be here, I also probably wouldn't have discovered MLP to begin with. So, it's sad to say goodbye to it all. I suppose I'll still play The Sims 2 and 3, but otherwise the magic is lost, and it makes me sad.

• Brohoof 2

The Sims is a guilty gaming pleasure of mine. Always fun to mess around with and then realize you just spent all night on it.

I was just disappointed to hear they removed pools. Seriously? Pools with no ladders were a great mainstay of the series, and now they're gone.

Oh they removed much more than pools.

http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4

Seriously though, I didn't even get sims 3 until they had pets and supernatural for it.

How am I supposed to make a billy and mandy family with no grim reaper?  how will I get a grim reaper if there's no deaths or ghosts or anything fun?  how can i drown my sims without a pool?  why can't i have my babies for my sims to leave them laying in the middle of the lawn?  this just will not do, EA.  

Sculpt Sims literally without messing with sliders, build entire nice houses easier and quicker, explore the world and look at its cool stlyization. Jeez TS4 is STYLIZED realism fans! To me though, I think it's eye candy because I love stylized stuff. Maxis is actually doing us more of a favor with it because lower end computers can now run it more smoothly because they don't have to render so many meshes anymore.

Why do I even bother posting without getting ninja'd...

Sculpt Sims literally without messing with sliders, build entire nice houses easier and quicker, explore the world and look at its cool stlyization. Jeez TS4 is STYLIZED realism fans! To me though, I think it's eye candy because I love stylized stuff. Maxis is actually doing us more of a favor with it because lower end computers can now run it more smoothly because they don't have to render so many meshes anymore.Why do I even bother posting without getting ninja'd...

They took out the pools. You don't understand. The pools are not here.

:(

Yes I know that and I'm willing to give EA a chance. Ts4's a big game already and they can't give us everything. I'll bet you that they'll add pools back in an update within at most 2 months after the release. They did that with laundry and ladders in ts3.

Yes I know that and I'm willing to give EA a chance. Ts4's a big game already and they can't give us everything. I'll bet you that they'll add pools back in an update within at most 2 months after the release. They did that with laundry and ladders in ts3.

It's just sad that we're even having this conversation. Pools, laundry, LADDERS? I'm certain they'll add these things back eventually, but there's nothing stopping them from charging for them or adding it as part of a future expansion pack (and there will be many). So after maybe ten of those, we're back at feature parity with TS3. Wish they just used what we have in TS3 right now and gave us some new stuff to play with, but that's just wishful thinking, I suppose.

Most of that stuff in ts3 was just part of an update or patch that also came with expansions like pets. Right now though, Maxis is thinking more performance wise. Which is good because you won't need some overpowered gaming PC just to run it. Hell with Island Paradise, I was lagging frequently because my processing power was at minimum required.

Btw, why do we even NEED pools so much anyway? They're actually a little useless when you think about it. And I hear the neighborhood has a perfectly good ocean to swim in anyway.