open To justify the means ( IC RP)

Vae Victis

Alrahm turned to snowstorm. He had a question.

Alrahm:

"Snowstorm, I remember that you stayed behind. Did you gather any information at all?"

"I saw Kazas succumb to the creature's corruption first hand," said Snowstorm, "I believe it's the same taint he uses to control the other griffon."

Syuren;

" guys, we need to move, now! That big bastard is probably planning to send another wave at us, and we ain't ready for it! Well... Most of us. Me n' Lorec can keep going. Don't know 'bout the rest of you.

"Dear boy, I could evacuate the town for you," Mason offered with a chuckle. "The evacuation is taking too much time. Many of the citizens here are stubbornly rooted in their homes. If you want to save their lives, hive me about five minutes and I can make them leave."

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

(edited)

@samurai equine

Lorec look wide-eyed into the train car. Shogun's corpse... It was gone!! The only explanation he could fathom was samurai's. the clever shogun faked his own end to get out of the question and serve his new master.

_________

Lorec:

" Seems like you're right... I hunt, samurai. But I can't right now... We have to evacuate the civillians... And you are an omnivore?"

@literally snails

Alrahm turned to snowstorm, wide-eyed and saddened.

______

Alrahm:

" I.... Was hoping that he had fought it off... That boy's willpower was stronger than steel... Wait... How did he act!?!? Was he bloodthirsty? Eager for battle? I need details! Hold nothing back! Everything you heard them say, saw them do, everything!"

The civillians on the train had started to rush out. Some were wounded. Some were families, and some were singular, but all were running from, and screaming about the same thing; the princesses' deaths and how there was a blue demon coming to slaughter them all. They were only very slightly contained by the royal guard and the acolytes, directed to the everfree. It was to be a large exodus to the everfree, toward the fortress where the princesses used to live. If fate was kind, it would not be In ruins. The civilian uproar did help to get a few others out of their houses, but some still remained, and the clock was ticking.

________

Evergreen assisted Encore out of the train station and towards the place they'd be resting tonight. Later, she'd have stern words for him in being more responsible in the ways in which he exerted himself, but right now she needed to make sure he could rest. They disappeared into the darkness surrounding the train station for the night.

Herself bored of the fanshow Snowstorm seemed to be attracting, Cascade turned to leave, to wander off like she always seemed to, when Syuren's words caused her to pause, interested. Big guy? Huh. This must be bigger than a random fight on a train, a lightshow, and a duel for a cosplayer's honor. Overhearing the start to Alrahm's conversation with Snowstorm as well, she began to grow confused.

She approached Syuren, as he seemed to not be incredibly busy after his short pep talk. "So..." Cascade began. "I've been out of inhabited areas for a while, and all of a sudden it's all light shows and fights and sepuu... Seepuk.... Sikuhh... Ceremonial Japonese suicide.. Is there something big going on that I'm supposed to know about?"

((Sorry if this post is bad, it's been a long day and I'm not entirely sober right now))

Syuren turned to cascade.

________

Syuren:

" You missed a lot. The princesses were murdered... Brutally, I might add. By a griffon and some weird... Big guy with eight wings. The big guy did some weird magic, and the next thing you know, ponies everywhere are attacking each other, like some sorta zombie comic book, but real... Then kazas, my boss and buddy, charged at the griffon, with another friend, vorrin.... Vorrin died tryin' to fight and buy us a little time.... And kaz was....."

Syuren looked away. He couldn't say it. He tried hard to just fight through the pain, to ignore it.but it had been eating at him ever since the event happened.

" it shoulda been me! I... I'm the weakest one! I mean, what do I got? Speed? Wind? I shoulda charged, but I didn't... I coulda taken the blow for vorrin but I was too scared..."

He choked back a few tears.

" sorry... Anyways, we escaped, with these hundreds of ponies, and now we are here. And now, we risk getting torn apart if we don't hurry. That big guy made it extra clear that he'd... Well... Ya know... Murder us all if we took too long...."

@literally snails

Syuren, quickly turning to mason, spoke.

Syuren:

" and what did you have in mind? Wait. Before you EVEN try anything, does it mean killin' stuff? Because if it does, stop right there, buddy. You ain't gonna off innocent ponies."

---------------------( near ponyville airspace)-----------------

Kazas had been flying slowly. He felt something. He turned his head to see about 500 or so mind-bent pegasi following him. He cracked a wicked smile. He knew what was up;

He was getting a little private army of his own to rampage in ponyville. He would lead them. Oh, now this was perfect. A scene panned out in his head like a movie, a scene where he knew exactly what actions he would take, and what he would say. It would be exhilarating. He would then commence to burn the town down. Hopefully, this would make someone who was worth his time fight him. More memories surfaced. A pony named mason. A pony named alrahm. Samurai equine, evergreen, and maybe encore too.... They seemed like they were strong enough to go a few rounds with him! So why not burn the town slot and change it into a battleground? Oh, it was perfect!!!!!

Edited by Hokuto's Heir

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

"Oh. I see. Well, maybe I can ask my Kurokos to find some food for us. I know I'm not the only one who is hungry. And no one can keep marching on like this forever. We all have our limits. ... Omnivore? Well, I guess that's one way of putting it." Samurai rubs the back of his helmet. "Let's just say, when you're fighting a war, and orders from above have you traveling left and right, you learn ways to find food and fend for yourself. Especially if you don't know where your next meal will come from." Samurai says.

As they walk off together to help evacuate Ponyville, Samurai is enjoying what little conversation they can have. "After seeing you fight, I guess it means you've been to Japon as well? Looks like most of the champions we've met have been there once. I'm surprised. Guess our borders aren't as heavily guarded as I thought... Maybe, when we defeat that griffon and that other beast, the wars in my homeland will stop. Maybe then, we can open our borders to visitors again and usher in a new age of peace. That would be great... All this time, though I fought out of loyalty, I also fought to protect. Being a guardian hasn't always worked. I've lost friends and ponies I cared about. Yet I still carry on... I bet you understand that well. Your strong, silent demeanor says it all." Samurai says.

Edited by Samurai Equine

Syuren, quickly turning to mason, spoke.

Syuren:

" and what did you have in mind? Wait. Before you EVEN try anything, does it mean killin' stuff? Because if it does, stop right there, buddy. You ain't gonna off innocent ponies."

(Wait for me to put this plan into action before Kazas arrives.)

"Don't insult my leadership," Mason scoffed, "If my mission is to evacuate the city that's what I'm going to do. Allow me to do this and there will be no deaths. Although there may be considerable property damage." He explained his plan, "Many of these ponies aren't leaving because there's no sense of urgency. They don't see danger, so they won't react until it's too late. I have under me a force of demons within this forest who are totally loyal to me. Give me a few minutes to prepare and I will bring in a small force of hideous monsters to flush them out of their homes. The citizens will already be running for their lives before the true threat arrives."

Alrahm turned to snowstorm, wide-eyed and saddened.

Alrahm:

" I.... Was hoping that he had fought it off... That boy's willpower was stronger than steel... Wait... How did he act!?!? Was he bloodthirsty? Eager for battle? I need details! Hold nothing back! Everything you heard them say, saw them do, everything!"

"Bloodlust and cruelty to rival Mason," Snowstorm answered.

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

" You missed a lot. The princesses were murdered... Brutally, I might add. By a griffon and some weird... Big guy with eight wings. The big guy did some weird magic, and the next thing you know, ponies everywhere are attacking each other, like some sorta zombie comic book, but real... Then kazas, my boss and buddy, charged at the griffon, with another friend, vorrin.... Vorrin died tryin' to fight and buy us a little time.... And kaz was....." Syuren looked away. He couldn't say it. He tried hard to just fight through the pain, to ignore it.but it had been eating at him ever since the event happened. " it shoulda been me! I... I'm the weakest one! I mean, what do I got? Speed? Wind? I shoulda charged, but I didn't... I coulda taken the blow for vorrin but I was too scared..." He choked back a few tears. " sorry... Anyways, we escaped, with these hundreds of ponies, and now we are here. And now, we risk getting torn apart if we don't hurry. That big guy made it extra clear that he'd... Well... Ya know... Murder us all if we took too long...."

"I..." Cascade's eyes went wide. She sat down slowly. Didn't look like her legs would support her. "I... The Princesses? But..." 

She didn't seem quite able to comprehend.

"Don't insult my leadership," Mason scoffed, "If my mission is to evacuate the city that's what I'm going to do. Allow me to do this and there will be no deaths. Although there may be considerable property damage." He explained his plan, "Many of these ponies aren't leaving because there's no sense of urgency. They don't see danger, so they won't react until it's too late. I have under me a force of demons within this forest who are totally loyal to me. Give me a few minutes to prepare and I will bring in a small force of hideous monsters to flush them out of their homes. The citizens will already be running for their lives before the true threat arrives."

Close enough to hear this conversation, Cascade thought. Setting monsters on houses to save ponies? They'd be terrified. She knew what to do.

"The villiage is on the river," Cascade mumbled, still a little in shock, but clearly determined. "What if it were to flood?"

Evergreen returned. She'd procured some kind of herbal tea for Encore, who was sipping at it, re-energizing slowly. Now was not the time for exhaustion, for weakness.

• Brohoof 1

Find the Heart of the Jungle!

Still searching for players! Join today!

"I..." Cascade's eyes went wide. She sat down slowly. Didn't look like her legs would support her. "I... The Princesses? But..."

She didn't seem quite able to comprehend.

Close enough to hear this conversation, Cascade thought. Setting monsters on houses to save ponies? They'd be terrified. She knew what to do.

"The villiage is on the river," Cascade mumbled, still a little in shock, but clearly determined. "What if it were to flood?"

Evergreen returned. She'd procured some kind of herbal tea for Encore, who was sipping at it, re-energizing slowly. Now was not the time for exhaustion, for weakness.

"As much as I approve of your ruthlessness, flooding the city will certainly kill more than it will save." Mason commented. "Unless that's what you're going for, I'd suggest sticking with my plan. The demons are already gathering. I only need to fetch them."

"Oh. I see. Well, maybe I can ask my Kurokos to find some food for us. I know I'm not the only one who is hungry. And no one can keep marching on like this forever. We all have our limits. ... Omnivore? Well, I guess that's one way of putting it." Samurai rubs the back of his helmet. "Let's just say, when you're fighting a war, and orders from above have you traveling left and right, you learn ways to find food and fend for yourself. Especially if you don't know where your next meal will come from." Samurai says.

As they walk off together to help evacuate Ponyville, Samurai is enjoying what little conversation they can have. "After seeing you fight, I guess it means you've been to Japon as well? Looks like most of the champions we've met have been there once. I'm surprised. Guess our borders aren't as heavily guarded as I thought... Maybe, when we defeat that griffon and that other beast, the wars in my homeland will stop. Maybe then, we can open our borders to visitors again and usher in a new age of peace. That would be great... All this time, though I fought out of loyalty, I also fought to protect. Being a guardian hasn't always worked. I've lost friends and ponies I cared about. Yet I still carry on... I bet you understand that well. Your strong, silent demeanor says it all." Samurai says.

Lorec looked at samurai with a perplexed look of new understanding. Now this... This was a pony who truly understood the horrors of war.

He spoke in a reminiscent tone of voice.

____

Lorec:

" Actually, your lands are quite secure, where i am concerned. If it is the Hokuto you speak of, then allow me to explain. An earth pony from your land was on an adventure a long time ago. I had just earned my blade and the Ursa champion title through a fists only tournement in my homeland, almost two decades ago. Needless to say... I was on a power trip. I had just won all of my fights in brutal succession. I could have any Minotaur lady I wanted. So prideful, was I..... And then he came. The pony with seven scars on his chest, inheritor to a deadly art known as Hokuto Shinken ( Big Dipper God Fist). Needless to say, for whatever reason, he was in my homeland, probably looking to perfect his art. Being the young fool that I was, I challenged him... Now lets get something straight. I've only ever kneeled in defeat to Alrahm and Kazas during the rule by might challenge to determine our positions within the order... However, with Ramon Kasumi, I never even kneeled in defeat. He knocked me unconcious before I even knew the fight had begun. When I came to, he gave me his name, and said that, even though I was an arrogant fool, I had the potential to become the next sole successor. He taught me much of the Tetsu ( Iron ) style of Hokuto, and vowed that, if I could learn the ultimate humility, and then find him, he would teach me the rest. And it wasn't long until I learned what the ultimate humility was, samurai..."

Lorec said with a pause. He looked toward the sky. Late at night, storm clouds gone.

" There was a civil war in the griffon empire, years ago. That's how kazas, syuren, Alrahm, Vorrin, and I met. Brought together by fate. I was a mercenary of the golden horns, deployed on the front lines along with my breathren. We'd taken the job for the gold and the glory. I was counted as one of the strongest. But not strong enough... We suffered an ambush on the plains of Daxion in the griffon empire... I wasn't strong enough or fast enough to save them. My armor weighed me down, and even with the power to command the earth as an extension of my body, it wouldn't stop a slaughter from above... I was the last Minotaur standing. I won the fight, but not the war. And that's when I learned the ultimate humility; realizing that i was too weak to protect what I loved..... I can tell that you understand that concept as well."

Lorec said. It was rare that he found a being that could understand, but he felt as though equine did perfectly.

(Wait for me to put this plan into action before Kazas arrives.)

"Bloodlust and cruelty to rival Mason," Snowstorm answered.

Alrahm gasped.

___

Alrahm:

" no.... That being must've made his primal instincts more pronounced... There is no fathomable explanation otherwise... But surely, kazas is harmless, no? He doesn't have his blade!"

_______

Syuren sighed.

___

Syuren;

" that's messed up, but if it gets stuff done... Not like we got a choice."

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control... Even over his own will.

2l7vqa.jpg

"As much as I approve of your ruthlessness, flooding the city will certainly kill more than it will save." Mason commented. "Unless that's what you're going for, I'd suggest sticking with my plan. The demons are already gathering. I only need to fetch them."

Cascade merely smiled blandly, and nodded. "Nah, not ruthless. Not like I was planning on washing everything away, or putting it all twenty feet under. But you do what you think is best." She shrugged, and lapsed back into her silent ponderance.

@, @@Samurai Equine,

Leaving a still tired-looking Encore to rest momentarily on a nearby bench, Eve found herself wandering towards the Samurai pony she'd fought alongside on the train. He seemed to be having a real moment with the minotaur, so she held her distance for the time being, not sure whether she ought to approach or not.

"And that's why we march on, Lorec-san. Not out of shame or foolish ambition. We keep fighting to make sure no one ever has to suffer again. The more we can save, the better we feel." Samurai says.

He sees Evergreen, smiles, and nods. "As long as we can protect the smiles of everyone else, the future will always be more beautiful. That's what a dear friend to me said before she died. She said... If you fight for the smiles of everyone in the world, it'll make you stronger than you ever dreamed."

Samurai catches the last part of the conversation between Alrahm and the rest. "If you're going to evacuate the town, then I want to be there to help out. I am not sure what I can contribute in my current state. I'll trust whatever plan you go with... But if Kazas is coming to make trouble, let me face him. I won't kill him, but I think my unique magic is the only thing that can make sure he doesn't harm a single soul." Samurai declares.

Syuren sighed.

___

Syuren;

" that's messed up, but if it gets stuff done... Not like we got a choice."

After getting the approval he wanted, Mason smiled and quickly made his way into the forest with no time to spare.

"Surely I don't need to tell you that Mason doesn't normally ask for permission before doing something," Snowstorm commented. "But don't submit yourself to foolish optimism, if he's humbly cooperating with you like this, I'd suggest keeping both eyes on him."

------(Everfree Forest)-------

Mason quickly came upon where Kierro, Femi and Oni where, a dark circular clearing shaded on all sides by tall trees and vines. They all immediately stopped talking as soon as he came into view and waited for him to speak. "How many are available now?" He asked with no formalities.

"Fewer than a hundred at this time," Oni answered respectfully. "But they're arriving in large groups. They should all be here by dawn."

"I don't have time to wait for dawn," said Mason.

"You're planning to flush out the city," Femi stated, "The numbers present are more than enough for that."

"Flush out the city?" Kierro repeated.

"Take me to the demons who have gathered," Mason commanded, "I'll explain there."

They lead him to a much larger clearing in the forest, it was a massive area of flat ground with tall weeds surrounded on three sides by trees, and on the fourth side by a rocky cliff face. The clearing was filled with exactly eighty seven unique demos of varying size. They were all standing shoulder to shoulder and there was no room for them to move or sit.

No two of the demons looked the same, they were a variated cacophony of different colors, shapes and sizes. Some had fur, some had scales. There were creatures with one eye or seven eyes, two legs or eight legs. Some stood as bipeds with arms, some stood on all fours like feral beasts.

Mason and his three lieutenants stood atop the elevated cliff overlooking the field. When Mason started to talk, they were all silent. "We have precious little time for me to explain what is happening. I'm sure you've all sensed the unbalance occurring recently. I assure you, this will be explained soon, but for now, there is no time for me to tell you anything except what I want you to do." The demons all obediently listened. "We are all going mobilize as soon as possible and enter the town of Ponyville."

The demons started to cheer in approval as they assumed they were finally preparing for a raid. There cheering suddenly stopped when Mason swiftly gestured for them to be silent.

"Listen up closely because this is important," Mason commanded. "The citizens of Ponyville are supposed to be evacuating to the Everfree Forest, but many of them are staying rooted in their homes. When we enter Ponyville, we're going to terrorize them, convince them that were the threat they were supposed to be hiding from. Flush them out from their homes and chase them into the Everfree Forest. They must all enter the forest alive and unharmed. Understand? For now, none of the ponies are to be harmed! Do so much as put a scratch on one of them and you will answer to me!"

The crowd began murmuring amongst themselves, all trying to ask each other the same thing. One demon stepped up in front of the crowd, a bipedal lizard creature with a row of horns protruding from his head. He spoke out in a deep voice for everyone to hear. "You all heard it first hand! Mason has gone soft!" He yelled. He turned his back on a Mason to face the crowd, "Didn't we all know this would happen? Mason wasn't born as one of us! He'll never be a true demon! Look at what he's doing! He's called us together so that we can safe a town of worthless equines! Clearly, he is no longer fit to-"

The demon abruptly stopped talking when a pointed tendril from Masons leg poked through the back of his head and came out through his left eye. Mason retracted the tendril and the demon limply fell to the ground.

"You did allow him to talk for quite some time," Kierro commented.

"Now we have a visual demonstration," Mason said with a smirk. "That will happen to anyone and everyone who doesn't follow my instructions. Now that that's out of the way, let's get a move on."

Edited by Literally Snails

After getting the approval he wanted, Mason smiled and quickly made his way into the forest with no time to spare.

"Surely I don't need to tell you that Mason doesn't normally ask for permission before doing something," Snowstorm commented. "But don't submit yourself to foolish optimism, if he's humbly cooperating with you like this, I'd suggest keeping both eyes on him."

------(Everfree Forest)-------

Mason quickly came upon where Kierro, Femi and Oni where, a dark circular clearing shaded on all sides by tall trees and vines. They all immediately stopped talking as soon as he came into view and waited for him to speak. "How many are available now?" He asked with no formalities.

"Fewer than a hundred at this time," Oni answered respectfully. "But they're arriving in large groups. They should all be here by dawn."

"I don't have time to wait for dawn," said Mason.

"You're planning to flush out the city," Femi stated, "The numbers present are more than enough for that."

"Flush out the city?" Kierro repeated.

"Take me to the demons who have gathered," Mason commanded, "I'll explain there."

They lead him to a much larger clearing in the forest, it was a massive area of flat ground with tall weeds surrounded on three sides by trees, and on the fourth side by a rocky cliff face. The clearing was filled with exactly eighty seven unique demos of varying size. They were all standing shoulder to shoulder and there was no room for them to move or sit.

No two of the demons looked the same, they were a variated cacophony of different colors, shapes and sizes. Some had fur, some had scales. There were creatures with one eye or seven eyes, two legs or eight legs. Some stood as bipeds with arms, some stood on all fours like feral beasts.

Mason and his three lieutenants stood atop the elevated cliff overlooking the field. When Mason started to talk, they were all silent. "We have precious little time for me to explain what is happening. I'm sure you've all sensed the unbalance occurring recently. I assure you, this will be explained soon, but for now, there is no time for me to tell you anything except what I want you to do." The demons all obediently listened. "We are all going mobilize as soon as possible and enter the town of Ponyville."

The demons started to cheer in approval as they assumed they were finally preparing for a raid. There cheering suddenly stopped when Mason swiftly gestured for them to be silent.

"Listen up closely because this is important," Mason commanded. "The citizens of Ponyville are supposed to be evacuating to the Everfree Forest, but many of them are staying rooted in their homes. When we enter Ponyville, we're going to terrorize them, convince them that were the threat they were supposed to be hiding from. Flush them out from their homes and chase them into the Everfree Forest. They must all enter the forest alive and unharmed. Understand? For now, none of the ponies are to be harmed! Do so much as put a scratch on one of them and you will answer to me!"

The crowd began murmuring amongst themselves, all trying to ask each other the same thing. One demon stepped up in front of the crowd, a bipedal lizard creature with a row of horns protruding from his head. He spoke out in a deep voice for everyone to hear. "You all heard it first hand! Mason has gone soft!" He yelled. He turned his back on a Mason to face the crowd, "Didn't we all know this would happen? Mason wasn't born as one of us! He'll never be a true demon! Look at what he's doing! He's called us together so that we can safe a town of worthless equines! Clearly, he is no longer fit to-"

The demon abruptly stopped talking when a pointed tendril from Masons leg poked through the back of his head and came out through his left eye. Mason retracted the tendril and the demon limply fell to the ground.

"You did allow him to talk for quite some time," Kierro commented.

"Now we have a visual demonstration," Mason said with a smirk. "That will happen to anyone and everyone who doesn't follow my instructions. Now that that's out of the way, let's get a move on."

Syuren looked at snowstorm with a confused look. He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but something didn't click with snowstorm's comment. Like he wasn't exactly loyal...

Syuren spoke.

_____

Syuren:

" Hmmm.... And why would ya tell us that? Just a warning? Yeah, he's going to try and murder us later, keep his promise, yadda yadda yadda. Your boss gets on your nerves or somethin? Considering what he did to Roto... Why even follow that guy?"

@samurai equine

Lorec spoke back before going silent.

______

Lorec:

" You're right samurai... I just wish that I could have one chance to make it up...."

______

Lorec felt something, coming from the eastern sky. It was strong, and yet, felt familiar.

" something is coming....."

_________

Alrahm was aiding in the evacuation, giving directions and sending the willing ponies to the forest. At this point, it was up to mason.

2l7vqa.jpg

Syuren looked at snowstorm with a confused look. He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but something didn't click with snowstorm's comment. Like he wasn't exactly loyal...

Syuren spoke.

_____

Syuren:

" Hmmm.... And why would ya tell us that? Just a warning? Yeah, he's going to try and murder us later, keep his promise, yadda yadda yadda. Your boss gets on your nerves or somethin? Considering what he did to Roto... Why even follow that guy?"

"Of course I don't like him," Snowstorm said, "An alliance like ours isn't formed for friendship. He is strong and with the help of us, he's stronger."

The demons arrived outside of Ponyville in three groups of thirty, each group was lead by either Oni, Femi, or Kierro. They had arrived around the town so suddenly and efficiently that most ponies didn't even know they were there until the town was surrounded. The three groups entered the town on every side except the side bordering the Everfree Forest, that way all fleeing refugees would be forced to enter the safety of the forest.

Once they were inside the town, they quickly broke their ordered ranks and spread out into Ponyville howling, overturning anything that wasn't bolted to the ground and each acting as if they were the stars of their own horror movies. They weren't behaving like they normally would. Instead they acted like what a normal pony would have expected them to act like, slow moving zombie like monsters.

Samurai infiltrates Ponyville to help out. He somewhat recognizes the demons are the kind that Mason would definitely hang out with. As he walks among the panic, all he can do is some minor control work. Things like...

Point civilians in the direction they should leave.

Help out anypony that has fallen over.

Make sure foals don't get separated from their parents.

Small things like that.

But really, Samurai is working towards a greater goal.

When he finds the tallest building in Ponyville, a Kuroko appears for only a second to hand him a triangle shaped onigiri (rice ball). He takes it and nods. "Thank you."
Mere moments later, Samurai is on the roof of this building. From here, he has the perfect vantage point to see all of Ponyville.

"Working along side demons... Who would have seen the day?" Samurai asks himself as he takes a bite of his food.

But as he finishes his onigiri, he stops looking at the town, and looks towards the horizon.

This is his true goal, to be a look out for any bigger threats that might come their way.

Kazas, followed by the force of 500 flying mind-bent, kept flying at a slow pace until ponyville came into view. Anyone watching his general direction would see the their shadowy visages, bathed in the sullen moonlight of a now deceased princess. Kazas landed upon a cloud, approximately half a mile away from the town. The 500 did the same, awaiting his command. In all honesty, those below had probably seen him. However, they probably didn't know who he was just yet. He wouldn't commence the attack just yet. As ordered, he'd give them ten minutes. He looked at his body. He'd left his armor in the arena, exposing his bare chest. The cuts that roto had left scabbed over quiet nicely. Of course, that cut under his eye... That would scar. And kazas wasn't very appreciative of a weakling leaving a permanent mark on his face. At this point, only a few may be strong enough to challenge him. Mason was definitely a shoe-in. Samurai, maybe? Or what of that instrument-bearing pony he'd seen, and his companion? Of course, Alrahm could match him.... For a time. Choices, choices... They certainly did have an interesting method of evacuation, using demons to scare off those to foolish to flee.

Kazas reached for his back pouch, and pulled out a ciggerete. He put it in his beak, and lit a fire with his thumb claw. He lit the cig, and smiled.

_____

Kazas:

" Ten minutes...... Then I get to enjoy using your entrails as nooses to hang you all from a tree."

________

---------------(ponyville)----------------

@samurai equine @literally snails @strider

Panic everywhere. Demons acting like something out of a poorly scripted monster flick were terrorizing the stubborn ponies of the town, and to great success. Many were now fleeing their households, too concerned for their own lives to care about their homes. The acolytes and royal guard were directing them to the everfree. Many were serving vanguard, slowly traveling with those who were to flee. All in all, about 150 royal guard remained with the champions alongside 125 acolytes, as the others stayed with the citizens. Mason had done a very fine job, indeed.

Alrahm sighed a breath of relief. The evacuation was turning out to be a great success. But then, he looked to the sky. It was faint, but he could see many shadowy figures perched upon the clouds. It was as he expected. A second wave sent to test them. Alrahm spoke out loud in a calm, yet weary voice.

________

Alrahm:

" everyone....... Prepare yourselves. We are not alone. Look eastward, to the sky, and you shall see what I mean."

Syuren scoffed.

______

Syuren:

" man... Can we not get a break?"

________

2l7vqa.jpg

The Yokai were too far away to hear Alrahm's warning, but they didn't need it. Each of Mason's lieutenants could sense the danger already.

Femi was the first to act. When Kazas came into proximity she automatically knew he was there. Without explaining why, she ordered to her group, "Into cover! No more than three to a building and don't make a sound!" She silently jumped into the nearest abandoned building, and her yokai did the same.

Oni looked to the clouds and shouted to his soldiers, "I smell something! Form ranks!" The twenty nine demons he commanded obeyed quickly by dropping what they were doing and gathering around Oni in a pointed diamond formation. Those that could fly hovered above the others in a similar formation. Their formation wasn't perfectly shaped, but it was effective.

Kierro peered up at the clouds and considered what he was sensing. "Break ranks and spread out. Groups of two only. Watch the skies," he ordered.

((I just accidentally clicked back a page and lost a nearly 2000 character post  >_> )) @@Literally Snails,@@@Samurai Equine

Encore's head began to nod over his cup of herbal tea, starting to fall asleep.

Flap. Flap. Flap.

Flap. Flap. Flap.

Encore's head jerked up, alarm clearly showing. There was no mistaking that sound. There was an approaching army.

Jumping to his feet, the shock having evidently reenergized him, Encore pulled out a bugle and starting playing a reveille that every guard in the town knew. 

http://youtu.be/czHqZFL7rKY?t=44s

Once he had finished the Bugle Call (to arms), he spoke, both to the crowd of guardsponies that had rushed to surround him, weapons now raised, and in the ear of every champion in the town, his words being magically directed to them as well. "Another mindwiped army approaches from the east. Judging from the sound of their approach, they're about ten minutes away, and outnumber us. I should have heard them sooner, but that's beside the point. We don't have time to organize, and to prepare for battle in the hills outside the city. Which means we have to fight inside the city."

He paused to listen for a moment, then continued to speak. "By the sound of it, most of the town that's east of the river is empty now, as they were farther from the forest. We'll have to force the pegasi of their army to the ground, and fight them there. Our priority is protecting the townsponies. I'll lead a squadron of guardsponies west of the river, to protect those who have yet to evacuate. Syuren, meet up with some demon leadership and try to work out a way to force their pegasi down to the ground. We can't let them fly over us and harrass those who have yet to evacuate.

If any townsponies want to help do battle, there's no reason we oughtn't let them. These are their homes too.

I'll see you all after this is over."

Encore heard Kazas speaking, but failed to recognize his voice. There was no way he could be prepared for that.

He sent the pegasus guards off on their way, to where they might be more useful, and ventured west with the unicorn guards, preparing to protect the rest of the general populace.

Evergreen was still tagging along with Samurai and Lorec, helping steer townsponies in their flight out of the town, making sure they were attempting to flee towards the forest to the southwest.

She flinched and looked around wildly upon hearing Encore's whisper in her ear. At first she seemed rather grumpy about it, she hated it when he contacted her this way, but her grumpiness was swiftly replaced by horror. Another flying army. She didn't even pause to think, she was zooming east into the part of town they would be preparing to meet the attacking armies. Once there, she started going haywire with her magic, blocking off alleyways with solid walls of plant matter, preparing the entirety of the very environment of the incredibly green city of Ponyville for her manipulation in a battle.

Cascade still happened to be near Syuren and Snowstorm at the time of Encore's announcement, and was taken justly so out of her sense of shock. Instead, she just was. 
Ready.

A cold shiver ran down her spine as she gazed out at the approaching mass. "A powerful being approaches," she murmured to Syuren and Snowstorm. She looked at them. "Try and steer their landing towards the river if you can. If you can get them there, they won't stand a chance." 

There was no good humor, no characteristic eye twinkle. Right now, there was only the game, and she was going to make sure the cards were stacked in her favor.

Edited by Strider

Every once in a while, Samurai would check on the ground troops from his rooftop lookout point. It looks like everyone is being evacuated as needed.

However, Samurai could see the aerial forces advancing just ahead. He scrapes his blade across his horn, both of them sharpening each other. "Okay, Kazas... I'm right here! I'll be the first, last, and only one you'll be facing. Alrahm, Syuren, Lorec, Evergreen, Encore, Mason, Yokai Seven and fellow demons... Everyone, I trust you all to fight the cannon fodder and protect the citizens. But please, leave the leader to me." Samurai says to himself.

Among the advancing pegasi, he can see something that stands out. Something bigger than the other pegasi. Samurai takes a charging position, getting ready to make his first strike...

Seeing the demon horde, Stronghammer almost laughed. "Do ponies really find these terrifying? They move so slow, and that aren't even attacking the ponies themselves. there must be a reason for this." Sliding his hammer inti a loop on his waist, he looks outside. "It's as if a war is coming. Just in case, I had better prepare." Grabbing his supplies, he heads outside, looking for whoever is in charge.

So, people have mistaken me for a nice guy. I'm not. Don't like it? Tough. Your loss.

mirrorwing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mirrorwing-r5649?do=edit

obsidian wing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/obsidian-wing-r6014

Kazas kept puffing on his ciggerete, smoke flaring from his nostrils. This was cute. Demons hiding in buildings, and a small little contingency force ready to hold their own against him. They probably expected him to unleash all of his troops in a single attack. No, it wouldn't be that way. This was for him. This fight was for him. And he wouldn't have it any other way. He motioned for the mind bent troops to stay back, and dived off of his cloud. He started to fly down to ponyville at a steady pace by himself. He wouldn't need their help. Most of the champions were tired anyways. It wasn't like they'd put up much of a fight. Kazas hoped he was wrong. It'd be a wasted trip if he killed them too easily. He landed approximately 40 feet away from the main group and their contingency force. He looked at them, sizing them up, one by one. Most looked exhausted. Disappointing.

Kazas:

" Hello..... Old friends. Did you miss me? Because I missed you all so very much... Enough to kill to see you all, if you understand my inference. Anyways... You all have about five minutes left until I burn this shitheap of a town to ashes, along with all of you. Of course, I'm getting yancy. So why not burn a building now?"

Kazas raised his claw and formed a flame. The light glistened off of his face, it was fear-inducing. A twistedness unlike anything his friends had ever seen in their time of knowing him. When the flame was formed, it burned brightly in his claw.

____

Kazas:

" A gift from my new benefactor! I don't need that sqwaking pest trapped within a sword any longer, and it feels so good to have this power corse through my veins! Observe!"

Kazas hurls a fireball at a house. Seemingly, the fireball didn't look too impressive, but the results were. The house, approximately 30 feet to the left, exploded. When the smoke cleared, barely anything was left standing of it. Thankfully, it was unoccupied. However, it wouldn't be long until this became common.

Kazas:

" barely a spark of power, and an entire building goes boom. Remember. Five minutes. I suggest you all use it well. Pray to whatever god you believe in. It's not like they'll protect you, anyways."

_____

He said with a smug look on his face.

Alrahm trotted slowly, using his staff to balance him. He yelled orders to the divine retribution acolytes and the royal guard.

______

Alrahm:

" everyone! I want quadruple file lines in an orderly fashion! Lead all of the civillians out of here. This place is about to become a battle ground!"

_________

Lorec looked at alrahm. He knew what he had to do.

________

Lorec:

" Alrahm... Go with the civillians."

______

Alrahm:

" has a strong blow finally knocked all intelligence away from you, Lorec?!? You know you cannot beat kazas on your own! I beg of you, forsake your honor code, Lorec! I know what you want, and believe me when I say that making up for past mistakes means nothing if you are deceased! Daxion hills was not your fault, and there is no need to defend this town when there is no one left to protect!"

_______

Lorec:

"You honestly thing every pony is safe... There are some still here, too afraid to come out.... And besides... You're the best out of the three of us right now. You need to protect the retreat. Syuren and I can handle this. Everyone else, please go! We will stall him as long as we can!"

_________

Lorec drew his sword. Syuren held his spear in his unorthodox stance, ready to fight kazas.

Syuren:

"Kazas man, don't make us do this! You're my friend!"

________

Alrahm sighed.

____

Alrahm:

" you honorbound idiot.... Very well. I'll lead them away. Everyone else, you have a choice of staying here to fight, or being a vanguard for the retreat. Choose wisely. I'll be defending the fleeing citizens."

2l7vqa.jpg

"He just blew up that building and I didn't feel it!" One demon whispered to Femi from their hiding place. "If he's that strong, why can't I sense him?"

"For the same reason that you and the other underlings are constantly underestimating Mason. That Griffon's power is unfiltered now, it is quite frankly, more than your rookie brains can comprehend."

Mason stepped out toward Lorec's right side and extended a leg to put in the way of his sword. All the while he never broke eye contact with Kazas. "Now now, there's no reason this needs to resort to violence," he said in a condescending tone. "Why don't you and your friends take a closer look at what's really happening. If Kazas' master wanted to cause destruction, he wouldn't have only sent his brand new toy to do the job. If that was the case, he would be setting himself up for failure." He spoke directly to Kazas. "You've become very strong now, but you're overestimating yourself. You still aren't strong enough to fight Lorec, Syuren, Alrahm, Samurai, Kierro, me, Oni, Femi, Havoc, and Snowstorm at once and your master knows this well. I know exactly why he sent you here. I know it because it's what I would do. He didn't send you here to succeed, he sent you here to die! He wants your closest friends to kill you and they're more than prepared to do it."

That fireball that destroyed that house? Perhaps no one was paying attention, because it went out way too fast.

The second Kazas lands, Samurai leaps from the roof tops with every intent to tackle him down!

However, the fireball makes him change trajectories. Instead, he lands near the house and raises his hoofs.

Somehow, the fires are drawn to Samurai, and Samurai absorbs it throw his horn and his body.
Once again, Samurai looks energized, as if magic is flowing through him once more!

However, after they have finishes making a stand, Samurai charges until he is in front of Alrahm, Mason, Syuren, and Lorec.

"Kazas! Take your fire back! Flaming Horn ATTACK!!!" Casting his signature spell, Samurai fires out from his horn the flames he absorbed seconds ago, also launching it like a fireball.

Kazas will probably dodge it, but it doesn't matter. This is where Samurai makes his stand.

"That's right, Kazas. You're facing me. Not my friends behind me, not the civilians, just me. And as you can tell, I'm not just a pyro wielder, I am a pyro master! So go head, give me EVERYTHING you've got, I'll just send it right back at you! Even if our battle ends in a continuous loop, I won't let you harm anyone this night!"

Edited by Samurai Equine

That fireball that destroyed that house? Perhaps no one was paying attention, because it went out way too fast.

The second Kazas lands, Samurai leaps from the roof tops with every intent to tackle him down!

However, the fireball makes him change trajectories. Instead, he lands near the house and raises his hoofs.

Somehow, the fires are drawn to Samurai, and Samurai absorbs it throw his horn and his body.

Once again, Samurai looks energized, as if magic is flowing through him once more!

However, after they have finishes making a stand, Samurai charges until he is in front of Alrahm, Mason, Syuren, and Lorec.

"Kazas! Take your fire back! Flaming Horn ATTACK!!!" Casting his signature spell, Samurai fires out from his horn the flames he absorbed seconds ago, also launching it like a fireball.

Kazas will probably dodge it, but it doesn't matter. This is where Samurai makes his stand.

"That's right, Kazas. You're facing me. Not my friends behind me, not the civilians, just me. And as you can tell, I'm not just a pyro wielder, I am a pyro master! So go head, give me EVERYTHING you've got, I'll just send it right back at you! Even if our battle ends in a continuous loop, I won't let you harm anyone this night!"

Kazas saw the fire coming. Did he dodge it? No. He simply caught it with his claw! He closed the claw, and the fireball dispersed. The smile on his face was wider than ever.

________

Kazas:

" amateur..... You truly don't realize what I'm capable of do you... Well, you're ten minutes are up. I guess that means I'll show you. And if you're offering your lives..... I will simply have to take them."

"He just blew up that building and I didn't feel it!" One demon whispered to Femi from their hiding place. "If he's that strong, why can't I sense him?""For the same reason that you and the other underlings are constantly underestimating Mason. That Griffon's power is unfiltered now, it is quite frankly, more than your rookie brains can comprehend."

Mason stepped out toward Lorec's right side and extended a leg to put in the way of his sword. All the while he never broke eye contact with Kazas. "Now now, there's no reason this needs to resort to violence," he said in a condescending tone. "Why don't you and your friends take a closer look at what's really happening. If Kazas' master wanted to cause destruction, he wouldn't have only sent his brand new toy to do the job. If that was the case, he would be setting himself up for failure." He spoke directly to Kazas. "You've become very strong now, but you're overestimating yourself. You still aren't strong enough to fight Lorec, Syuren, Alrahm, Samurai, Kierro, me, Oni, Femi, Havoc, and Snowstorm at once and your master knows this well. I know exactly why he sent you here. I know it because it's what I would do. He didn't send you here to succeed, he sent you here to die! He wants your closest friends to kill you and they're more than prepared to do it."

Kazas:

" oh but that's where you are wrong. I have 500 friends up above. They didn't stay behind because of Avaerus.... They stayed behind because I told them to. Besides.... You had a few extra names in there that I don't remember.... Could they be.... Hiding in the houses? I don't like it when prey hides, mason. It just makes me have to wait a bit more. Besides... Your orient friend might be able to absorb fire like any other basic flamewielder... But that won't save you. But talk is cheap, as they say... Let the devastation begin!!!!"

Kazas, to the chargin of the group, flew up high. Crimson flames started to form all around him. He stretched his claw out, and a mass of fire formed over it. He flew about 300 feet above ponyville. With the mass of flame fully formed, shot raised his claw skyward, and shot the mass upward. After that, he formed another flame, and did something unexpected. He shot his second fireball at the mass of flame already high at the sky!

______

Kazas:

" If Zephrael is the Azure terror, then I am the crimson scourge! Get ready for a rain of hellfire!"

The second fire had hit the first mass, and the mass of flame expanded dramatically, and exploded in the sky! It was divided into hundreds of smaller fire balls... All raining down on the town from above.

_________

Lorec stared in awe. Kazas had gone insane, and was raining fire on the town! It wouldn't be too long before the rain of fire hit. Lorec kneeled to the ground, and put his hands on it. His eyes started to glow, and the earth started to rumble. From the ground, a curved, stone covering emerged, looking like a crashing wave stopped in time. If everyone could get under it, it'd be fine.

Lorec:

" Everyone, Under!"

----------(outside of ponyville)----------

The exodus was still being completed, with alrahm vanguarding. Hopefully, more would join him. They would travel alongside the river for two reasons:

1. Because a little pegasi could apparently do something amazing in case a defense was needed.

2. It would give him a large source of water himself to use just in case.

Then he turned, and saw the rain of fire. How could kazas do this.... He hoped that the others would be okay. He would rush to their side, but he had hundreds of civillians to take care of.

-----(back in ponyville)-----

The rain of fire had started to hit, lighting up the night sky in a crimson hue. Buildings wrte suffering heavy explosive damage, and were indiscriminately being destroyed. Samurai might have the power to absorb a nearby fire, but could he stop an entire town from burning?

2l7vqa.jpg

"Avaerus? Could that be..." Samurai says to himself, the name sounding familiar.

Seeing Kazas take to the sky and create a fiery show was impressive. Indeed, not having wings can have its disadvantages from time to time. There was no way Samurai could stop or absorb ALL of that. Even his range is not that long. But then again, that's why he trusts his friends. He turns back to his friends behind him, especially Lorec, giving them a knowing nod. Hopefully they'll figure it out that Samurai trusts them to do whatever they have to do; be it damage control or making sure Ponyville is completely abandoned.

With that said, Samurai runs over and leaps off a few buildings in a way that would impress even Pinkie Pie. Samurai manages to absorb two or three falling fireballs, but that's about it. He then face's Kazas' general direct. "Feed me more." Samurai says before he disappears!

Teleporting behind Kazas in midair, Samurai quickly slashes Kazas in the back with this sword! And in his confusion, he grabs one of Kazas's limbs, and throws him towards the ground! Samurai is plummeting as well, but he has every intention to land right on top of Kazas in body-slam fashion.

Evergreen was near the zone of action when the sky turned red, and it began to rain fire. Her attempts at botanical fortifications, which each doubled as weapons, would be of no use. 

The orange fire glinted, reflecting from the mare's red eyes as if two fires burned within them as well as the city around her. Sprinting directly at the action, she began to work her magic fiercely. They say never to bring a knife to a gunfight, nor a brawler to an aerial battle. In this case, it was bringing fuel to a firefight, quite literally, but Eve couldn't stand by. 

As she ran and worked her magic, flecks of fire grazed her mane and back, but she ignored these. The dirt covering her body, as it always did, apparently doubled as a natural flame retardant. She'd dealt with worse than minor burns before.

Directly underneath where Samurai and Kazas were currently plunging to the ground, right where they'd land, a bed of thorns  knitted itself together, the spiky tendrils weaving carefully with each other and around the specks of flame. Several stretched upwards, ready to grab their target and pull him into their poisonous embrace.

----------------

The short yellow pegasus with stunted wings watched this tall unicorn galloping past, working such intense plant magics. She was insane. Literally just asking the town to get burned to the ground, the way she was making fuel for it. She had a solution.

Looks like she would get to flood the town anyway.

She sprinted her way to the river, fighting her way through the occasional cannon fodder at ease. She needed no sword, nor any other weapon; dispatching even the brutes with her bare hooves and wings. 

CANNON BALL! Right into the water.

The splash her impact with the water caused a far larger splash than was even plausible for a pony her size. Nearly half the contents of the riverbed in that bend of the river found itself in the air. Working her talents carefully from under the surface, Cascade stared up into the sky, the red light of the fires illuminating the water that was still airborne.

The water turned into mist, and from there into a heavy, quenching fog that quickly began to spread across the areas with fires. The fog swept right over Evergreen, past Kazas and Samurai, and all the other fighters on the roof. And as it went, it began to choke the fires. They continued to sputter on, lighting the fog in a menacing, malevolent red, but within minutes they will have died out.

Cascade began to swim upstream towards the retreating townsponies. They would need her help if they ever hoped to survive the pegasus army that was fast approaching. She'd have done more about the fires, but she knew where she was needed more.

She'd get there just in time, doubtlessly.

Speaking of Townsponies...

A pair of redheaded young devils had slipped past the watchful gazes of Encore and Alrahm where they and their accompanying guards remained alert as they escorted all the others. Rag and Tag, the twins, had no intentions of letting this... demon spawn burn down their home. 

As Ragtag sprinted down the familiar country road that had lead to one of their favorite childhood haunts, they claimed many unlikely objects from the environment as they ran. This was their home turf; they always had pranks and gags and booby traps ready for their use in case of emergencies. Right now, though, not even the pie would be used lightheartedly.

As they made it back withing the city, an evil red fog had rolled over the entire place. With a careful look at each other, the two young earth ponies, heavily laden with whoopee cushions, hoofshake buzzers and unicycles, stepped into the warzone.

Without much effort, they found several of the fighters, taking cover from the raining fire under a wall of stone that almost certainly hadn't been there before. They snuck into the shelter, and crouched, waiting to hear the gameplan. 

Edited by Strider
  • Brohoof 1

@,

When the fireballs approached Kierro and his group, they spontaneously exploded by themselves before they touched the ground or their targets as Ki focussed on neutralizing them with his own invisible bombs.

Femi created a psychic forcefield around her and the two demons accompanying her, but the others who weren't near her had to retreat deeper into the buildings or be burnt, making them useless.

Oni rose up to his full massive height. Rather than dodging the fire, he made himself an easier target. This wasn't typical mortal flames reigning on the city, these flames were infused with Kazas' own energy, energy that could be absorbed. He stood like a brick wall of flesh, sacrificing several of the others with him that couldn't get to cover in time. With each fire ball that hit him, he grew bigger until he was nearly twice the size he was when he started.

Teleporting behind Kazas in midair, Samurai quickly slashes Kazas in the back with this sword! And in his confusion, he grabs one of Kazas's limbs, and throws him towards the ground! Samurai is plummeting as well, but he has every intention to land right on top of Kazas in body-slam fashion.

Evergreen was near the zone of action when the sky turned red, and it began to rain fire. Her attempts at botanical fortifications, which each doubled as weapons, would be of no use. 

The orange fire glinted, reflecting from the mare's red eyes as if two fires burned within them as well as the city around her. Sprinting directly at the action, she began to work her magic fiercely. They say never to bring a knife to a gunfight, nor a brawler to an aerial battle. In this case, it was bringing fuel to a firefight, quite literally, but Eve couldn't stand by. 

As she ran and worked her magic, flecks of fire grazed her mane and back, but she ignored these. The dirt covering her body, as it always did, apparently doubled as a natural flame retardant. She'd dealt with worse than minor burns before.

Directly underneath where Samurai and Kazas were currently plunging to the ground, right where they'd land, a bed of thorns  knitted itself together, the spiky tendrils weaving carefully with each other and around the specks of flame. Several stretched upwards, ready to grab their target and pull him into their poisonous embrace.

Mason stayed under the cover Lorec provided and watched to see if  Samurai's brazened attempt would work. If Kazas was caught in the thorns, Mason would readily finish him off, but as things were, there was little he could do.

Havoc, Snowstorm and Roto were accompanying the refugees outside of the range of danger.

• Brohoof 1