Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom,

All four of Voids heads look at Briar with a small sad sounding grunt before he turns back, since he forgot the promise he made to Kelly.

"I... uhhh... forgot about that"

He said this with a sad tone before perking up again.

"I just like to show of my skill sometimes but those roars from multiple heads must have either scared or attracted anything in the vicinity of here so I guess it was for the better"

He said this with quite a happy tone and face since it made him think for the better for what he just did.

"Now then, can I ask why you hide your unique features, do they shame you?"

Void would never disguise himself unless needed in public because it made him feel like he was hiding who he was and Briar was hiding his features that intrigued Void.

@,

"I feel no shame about my features, no. However, I have travelled far in my days and know that not everypony is that interested in abnormal sights, like for example two budding flowers on each side of ones body. The teeth already tend to make opinions of me cloud conversations, as well as when they notice I am not, in fact, an actual pony. And as I like conversation it just becomes much more simple to hide a small thing like that.

There is also the case that having a hidden weapon, as much as I'd like to think I wouldn't need it, is quite usable. Not every place I have visited have been peaceful, and there are other forests like this that houses predators. The less one gives of, the easier it is to surprise."

Briar neglected to mention the fact that standing out too much as a Evergrown tended to get you hunted by certain individuals, but it hardly seemed important anyway.

"Besides, I like the cloak, it's comfy."

The soft cloth were often used by him as a blanket at times when he rested in slightly chilly areas. It didn't cover everything, certainly, but every ounce of warmth you could squeeze out was worth it.

@@Blitz Boom,

Void looked at him and smiled with a small hiss.

"Good enough reasons for me, friend. I was just curious is all"

He said this and looked at his Armour and thought he was a little hypocritical since he rarely takes his Armour off and he laughed a little again without mentioning why he laughed.

"I know how you feel about the abnormal sight part, many ponies fear or even attack Changelings on sight for what we have done to them"

Void couldn't help it that he needed to feed either so he would feed of a pony without telling them, he would only feed little at a time since he didn't want to harm the host he drained.

"When you feed on love you tend to get... Vilified I shall say"

@,

"Unusual eating habits tends to lead to odd responses. Eating meat is much the same, although less subtle, and have led to some rather... Unfortunate responses as well, so I can understand to some degree."

A moth tried to flutter past, but Briar's vine lashed out quickly and snatched it before it had the chance to escape, the last seen of it being the four-parted head of the bud opening and trapping it inside before the vine returned to it's position.

"My apologies, I got a little... Peckish."

It wasn't much, but he had caught a meal before going into Ponyville earlier today, and he could last a good while on little. The moth had mostly jut been to top things off.

"Mind if I ask, how is it when you feed? Do you use your fangs for the feeding?"

@@Blitz Boom,

Void looked down at his fangs and chirped a little.

"Kikikiki, no, the fangs are for more intimidating purposes, I feed through my magic and you maybe thinking since I told you my pony disguise is an Earth Pony and I disguise when I feed how in Celestia do I feed without a horn? The magic comes more from my body when I feed, I never understood why but it's like a natural thing when I changeling feeds since they can do it to just about anything"

He said this as his tapped his horn with his holed hoof and laughed with his distorted Insect like voice.

"Now your feeding, can I ask how you eat the meat? Do you hunt of have more ways that hunting?"

@,

"In the case of small insects like the unfortunate moth from before, the vine is slightly hollow, so it will be passed to my stomach like a sort of... Shall we say very long throat. They get digested like much else, and gives me a good deal of nutrition. Other meals, such as the occasional cupcake or berries, are processed in much the same way, but the nutrition value there is far from comparable to that of meat, and takes more energy to digest than it can provide, so such things are more of a snack than anything else.

With things bigger than the bug from before... Well, these teeth are not only for show, I can assure you."

Briar gave yet another big, toothy grin towards Void.

"However, I am not a barbarian. I don't eat things like ponies or other thinking creatures like that. I stick to bugs, and fish. Both easy to hunt, and the process is quickly over for them.

The bugs usually gets attracted to the buds, like with many other carnivorous plants they have a scent to lure food in, but for fish it's just a simple way of finding a river, stand in it, and wait. Then, when one is near enough, pound down with a vine and end the suffering quickly before feeding.

I usually last a few days on a small fish, I don't really need much, and they're rich on nutrition."

@@Blitz Boom,

"That is good then, for a second I thought you ate ponies, I can't say much since I feed of love mainly from ponies since they provide the most love and the easiest accesses to love since there is no shortage of ponies"

He laughed a little when he heard about his nutrition facts in insects.

"Hey since I am an Insectoid would you eat me Briar?" Void joked and giggled a little whilst saying this. 

@,

"I don't eat the ones I can talk with. Besides, you have armour, and I am not much for broken teeth."

He joked a little, and let out a small chuckle.

Regarding the question it was as simple as he had put it really. He didn't eat sentinel beings, He tried to stay somewhat civil after all, and going around eating others like that would be very much against that. Frankly, just the thought made him sick.

"Perhaps it is my turn to have a question then... What shall it be I wonder..

Ah, yes, I know now. It is a simple one really. What do you normally do?"

@@Blitz Boom,

Void answered fast to this as if very happy to tell.

"I go to PonyVille daily from my house, bit of a walk or fly but it's fine, usually walk since I suck at flying.

I go there to interact and mess around, I am like a Hatchling when it comes to me using my Transformation magic for fun"

He said this with a few laughs and sniggers.

"If I ain't in the mood to go to PonyVille I will either practise my magic or do a little exploring and flying training since I need to improve my flight ability"

Void was still thinking of a question to ask back again. Then on came to him suddenly.

"Speaking of my home and walks can I ask where you live?" 

@,

"I live on the road. I have spent 9 years wandering the great lands and experiencing freedom to it's fullest, seeking high and low and resting in mostly open areas. As a matter of fact, I just arrived in Ponyville today. Quaint town I must say, very peaceful."

Beside the destructive noise, but that was neither here nor there.

"How long I will stay here I can't say though. As much as Zecora talked about this being a place I could not miss on my travels I fear that she might have led me astray. I mean, this place truly is lovely, and there are quite a bit of fascinating creatures here, like yourself, but I am not certain there exist a power great enough in this area to grant me what I seek"

Briar shook his head slightly and let out a sigh.

"My apologies... I did not mean to ramble like that."

@@Blitz Boom,

Void made a sqee like sound once he heard this.

"You travel around?! I used to during my Hive day's. One of the things I still miss was my travels around Equestria with my swarm"

Void was hopping on the spot a little when he talked.

"Sorry, I sometimes get overly hyper over little things, and it's okay what you say is of interest to me anyway since you are quite the oddity like me so exchanging stories and information is just out of our intrigue for one another"

Void was still sounding and talking quite fast. 

@,

"Travels makes for a good way to experience things, as well as being a good way to search if you look for something without a goal to truly aim for."

Briar did notice Void becoming a bit more hyper, but he didn't mind. The pegasus he had listened to earlier when he had met Cinnamon Hex were quite a bit hyper as well, and most any place he had visited had at least one who were more or less bouncing off the walls. It were a nice, familiar thing to experience really.

"Speaking of goals... Do tell me, if you will mister Void, what goals do you have? What drives you through the days?"

@@Blitz Boom,

"My drive? I would say my drive is to improve my magic and the image of Changelings to ponies, we are frowned upon as you most likely know so making our image better for the more sane Changelings is just fair to them"

Void knew what he was born to do and his original drive was to be a soldier to the Hive and kill, convert and feed his Hive.

"Obviously, I was not born to do this but I make it my objective and life goal so I will keep doing this until death, there is always room to improve so I will improve two things. Image and Magic"

He sounded proud to say this and he knew that magic must be his destiny to learn fully since he is a Transformation magic adept and knew many spells involving this style of magic. 

@,

"Quite a selfless act, to better the standing between your sane brothers and sisters with the ponies they once were enemies of. It is a very honourable goal.

And to better yourself is not a bad thing to aim for either. To use the powers of deceit you were born with and change it from a tool to take advantage of others and instead make it something you wish to improve for your own sake, and perhaps in the end for others."

It almost made Briar jealous to think that Void's goals were that good. Comparing his own with those made his seem rather shallow and selfish. But he felt no real jealousy towards Void. He had found a good purpose, and that were something to praise, not envy. Envy hardly ever brought good things with it., i

@@Blitz Boom,

"Thank you Briar, it means a lot to hear this, I hate being thought of as a Parasite and showing I am not and others of my kin aren't too just makes me a whole lot more joyful"

He said this and wondered what was Briar's drive, his day to day.

"Since you asked me my Drive, if I can, what is your drive, he reason you walk and travel has to have meaning to you?"

Void was just curious and he would love to hear Briar's stories some more since Void rarely meets ponies that interest him rather than him being an Interest to them.

@,

"I am afraid my goal is not as selfless as yours. I have to admit that what guides my steps are pure, selfish, greed, as much as I loathe to admit it.

You see, travel in itself is quite a thing after having spent the first 16 years of your life in one form of chain or another. You experience many things you had not even heard about and meet ponies from far and wide telling wonderous tales of lands of even more splendour than the last you had seen. But travels without goals becomes pointless at a stage. There needs to be a meaning, a reason really.

For me... I found that there was one thing I desired that I know had the chance to hunt. One thing that were almost as precious to me as freedom itself."

It was rare that he did this, but the point had to be made across, so as he were facing Void, he opened his his eyelids, revealing the blank, green surface below.

"I travel so that I might one day see."

He closed his eyelids again and held back a small chuckle.

"Now, I am not naive. I am aware that this might just be an elusive dream, a fantasy at best. Yet even with no guarantee, I still wander the lands, seeking something that can grant me what have never been in my grasp.

For me, this lack of eyes is a reality, but not one I am fond of thinking is eternal. I live by the belief that somewhere out there, there is something, or perhaps even somepony, that haves enough power to destroy this reality, whatever the price might end up being for me."

A little theatrical, surely, but he did tend to have a way with his words like this. He wasn't entirely sure why, but that sort of speech had appealed to him when he had the chance to ponder things the first few times after listening to other ponies speak in the cities, and it had just stuck around really.

@@Blitz Boom,

Void never knew how precious eye sight was until he heard Briar say this. Void knows how unique his eyes in general are since they are very different to most ponies, similar to the other insect parts his eyes were very much another oddity to his array of insect features.

"You travel to see? Quite the goal if you ask me. I never really knew how important eye sight is until now..."

Void was thinking about how Briar's eyes were similar to that of glass, empty and yet reflective...

"I hope you find a way to gain your vision, your travels have brought you all over for years for your sight"

Void stomped his hoof down with quite the heavy thud to prove his next point was important to him.

"If you ever need help with anything please ask me, I would love to just travel again so if you hit the road please inform me"

@,

"Oh, that's cool," Stoneheart said. "And maybe I could try and sing... I used to sing a lot as a filly, but I'm not great at it," she said. "I used to think it was my talent, but I never got a cutie mark for it, so I gave up singing."

I personally think my singing voice sounds like gravel getting crushed..

(I should add that to her backstory)

@@Midnight Starfall

"mmm" Storm hummed. "Yeah, I've sung a total of about seven, maybe eight times... I'm not sure if I'm actually good at it... Other ponies tell me I sound pretty good, but I just feel really embarrassed when I sing... Hence why I generally don't...." He told her, rubbing the back of his neck with a forehoof.

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

Now I'm curious. He should sing.

"Do you sing at all? Not like in front of crowds but when you're alone?" Stoneheart asked.

Maybe I shouldn't ask him any more questions or press him...

"Never mind," she said quietly. "Anyway, thanks for painting my house," she said gratefully.

@@Midnight Starfall

Storm's eyes widened. "Uh... Sometimes, I guess I like to sing... Just... Not in front of a crowd, or anything... Occasionally I like to go out into the forest to sing.." He admitted. "I actually was walking back to Ponyville from a clearing where I like to sing, on the day I met Blitz..." Storm told her. "I guess It's not so much that I don't like to sing, but more like I get a bit... Tense when I sing near a bunch of other ponies..." He said nervously. "I tend to be fairly care-free, but I'm still afraid of being judged or laughed at if I mess up or something...." Storm paused. "And.. Um, no problem, I'm always happy to help a friend, especially somepony as nice as you!" He told her happily.

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

"I am staying in the area for now, giving some time to find if Zecora were correct, but I do appreciate the offer, in case I must begin my search once more."

Briar smiled. It was not often that he were offered companionship on his travels. In fact, it had been what, 5 years since now? And back then the Griffin that decided to follow him didn't last the month out. If things came to it, it would be interesting to see if Void could handle things for a longer period of time.

((Last post for me for tonight. I'll try and take contact to Kelly and get this moving when I wake up))

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry I asked," Stoneheart said apologetically. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I was just curious."

Ugh, I'm such an idiot. Actually, nah, I just make stupid decisions sometimes, she thought to herself.

"So, how long have you been in Ponyville?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Oh no, I'm fine.. I'm just not used to anypony asking questions... Almost nopony actually wants to  about me and my life...." Storm explained. "So I was just a bit surprised is all..." He said.

"I've actually only lived in Ponyville for about two years now..." Storm told her. "I'm really lucky to have found a nice place to settle, and a steady job..." He said.

"So... Yeah... Anyways, feel free to ask questions! Erm.. If you want, of course..." Storm said, rubbing his right forehoof on his left foreleg. "I actually didn't have many friends myself growing up.." He admitted. "My families wheat farm was a bit out of the way... And most of my friends today don't have a lot of time to talk..." Storm told her quietly.

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

Stoneheart knew what it was like being lonely. She sympathized with him.

She nodded, "I came here about two to three years ago, so. I don't have a steady job. I do odd jobs here and there to make the money I need."

"I lived near an apple orchard growing up. I usually worked there to make some bits to buy treats and such. Nopony in Appaloosa really liked me."