Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

After seeing a small glimpse of the filly's face, Midnight gave a larger smile showing her fangs theat were slightly latger than normal batpony fangs. Her's actually sticks out her mouth even when it's closed. Ziggy crawled up to the top of Midnight's head and looked at the filly with a curious head tilt. "What's you name?" Midnight asked Brittle with a soft tone.

@@Harmony Cube,

"I have no idea. Dead perhaps? I woke up like a month ago out here and I have no idea what came before that. I figure if they're out there, they'll find me eventually. I got too much to do to be roaming around looking for somepony that might not even be there."

Blitz didn't shed or tear or twitch or anything from the mentioning of parents. She had thought about it logically and since she had no idea who it could be, if they were alive or really know anything about her past, it seemed silly to go out hunting for that. If they were out there somewhere, they would find her, or hear about her when she became a famous boom maker. That was a better thing to aim for than roaming around with no goal in her mind.

"Besides, this place is Awesome. A lot of things to do and cool ponies like you two all around."

She gave a big, closed eye smile to Book after saying it.

@,

After that she turned to Disruptis that were about to walk outside.

Okay. I'll take a couple of things and we can decide out there what sort of earth-shattering kaboom we're gonna use"

When the door opened she was surprised. It had been dark not that long ago, and now it was all shiny again. The sun really rose fast.

Oh well, she had things to find and after roaming through a few crates she took a mixture of different explosives, put them in a bag and tied the top of it together with a piece of string.

"And no explosives in the front. This stuff could take my home and workshop with it or set fire to the forest. Not gonna have that over me, nuhuh. Go to the back, then keep going forward until you see the big rock place with all the big boom holes in it, I'll be there soon."

With that she took the top of the bag in her mouth, and started to drag it along with her. It wasn't a big bag, but she wasn't a big pony either, so things would take the time it would take for her to take the stuff there.

___________________________________________________________________-

@,

@,

"B-brittle Buzz."

She took a small step to the side when the strange pony showed her fangs. Brittle had fangs herself, right now even more than usual, but it didn't mean that she felt safe around others with them or felt any connection with the ones they belonged to.

There were some anxious ideas about what this pony could do when she noticed the animal on her head and began to look at that instead. She didn't know what it was, but it sorta reminded her of the pony in front of her, on the other side of Storm Shine. Was it a baby fang pony?

@@Blitz Boom

Storm noticed how Brittle had shifted. "Brittle... Are you alright?" He questioned gently. "You seem uncomfortable... Is there anything you need?" Storm asked, hoping to help her relax and feel safe. "I'm sure I could find you some food or something...." He said softly.

Edited by Storm Shine

Midnight noticed Brittle's attention shift to Ziggy. "This is my pet vampire fruitbat and my best friend." she said in a happy voice. "We do everything together. Most ponies are afraid of him and avoid him." she said cheerfully. Just like me she thought in her head while keeping her pointy smile. "We do everything together. you can pet him if you want. He doesn't bite....usually." she added that last word quietly so Brittle couldn't hear. Ziggy hopped down from Midnight's head and flew toward Brittle landing in front of her.

Edited by Houndoom

@@Blitz Boom

"You got a point. If I just woke up since I or hit in the head and got my memories knocked away, I wouldn't look for my parents, who knows if they're still alive..." Book said. 'Wow that kid's tough... Not reacting when they said their parents might be dead? I wouldn't be able to do that.' Book thought.

@@Harmony Cube,

@,

Blitz couldn't talk as she dragged the bag towards the explosive site, but once she got there she would look around with a tired smile, stretch a little and talk to whoever pony was there.

"Welcome to my playground."

The front of her house had small holes and it's odds and ends, but this place made that seem like a straight road. The ground had several holes, a lot of them filled with rubble, with clear indication to how long it had been there, as the older holes had started to become more solid to walk on as rain and other weather had taken it's course. The ones not filled looked like to mostly be because she had yet to find it relevant to need to fill them, mostly because the diameters and angles made it easy to wander in them without getting trapped.

The ground had no sign of plant life on it, which wasn't surprising as this was clearly once just a large, rocky field, but the dust that covered the surface of most places and the clear indications of explosives made it clear that if anything had ever tried to grow there, it hadn't stood a chance once she came around.

One large block had a massive hole in the side, big enough to move Blitz's hut into, and would seem to be what she had said when she mentioned that some of them could create caves. The room were scorched beyond comprehension and rubble lined the floor and in a blast-pattern outwards, but otherwise it looked fine.

@,

@,

Brittle looked over the fruit bat with big, nervous eyes. It was smaller than her, and looked kinda dangerous, but... It did look cute in it's own way too.

"H-Hi there... Ziggy... I-I like your wings..."

She began to fall a few tones near the end and went silent in front of the creatu- bat. Most animals she tried to talk to ran away or acted mean when she got there, but this one had just come over... Brittle wasn't sure what to do now.

To distract herself a little, she focused on what Storm Shine had said. Something about food. She could feel that she were still hungry, but at least the cookie hadn't been bad for her stomach, and it had helped some. It would be enough to last her until tonight, even if she wouldn't mind... No... It was better to wait.

"I eat l-later... B-but thank... You? I-I think?"

Compliments, friendly ponies, friendly animals... This day was confusing her.

Yet at the same time... She didn't really mind.

@, @@Blitz Boom,

Storm saw the effort that Midnight was giving to help Brittle and smiled. "Cute bat..." He said to Midnight. Storm turned towards Brittle. "Not a problem Brittle, I'm always happy to help where I can...." He told her softly. "I have a question for you though, if you don't mind..." Storm said, hoping not to scare her off or make her too uncomfortable with this... But if she was what he thought... Then he knew it would be better to know sooner rather than later.... otherwise she might not get all of the foods she needs to survive...

"Do you need to feed on love? Forgive me, but I've met a changeling before and I know they feed on love...." He asked gently. "You appear to be a half-changeling, and if you do feed on love than I'll be happy to see what I can do to help provide that... I wouldn't want you to starve simply because you could only find the necessary physical foods...." Storm informed her softly, showing that as goofy as he acts, Storm is fairly knowledgeable.

Storm was worried about making Brittle uncomfortable with his question, but he was more concerned for her health... He didn't want her to end up starving and would gladly do whatever he could to help Brittle...

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

Brittle gulped. This was a question she didn't like answering. It was one of the things that made everypony think she was a monster.

"...Yes. I... E-Eat, when ponies..."

Her voice died out and she looked down into the ground, swallowing what felt like a spiked golf ball and closed her eyes, breathing rapidly and trying to get the nerve to say the last. Just a little, tiny, bit.

"Sleep."

With that she opened her eyes again, and took a few steps backwards, away from Storm Shine, Midnight and the bat. while opening her eyes and look on them like she expected them to do something harmful to her. Even if she had heard what Storm had said about just wanting to help... She was just used to have to run away fast if ponies knew she fed off love. As much as she started to like the Pegasus, she had tried too much to just trust completely like that.

One thing stuck out though amongst the things he said. Something about Brittle being a... What?

"W-What is a... Change ling?"

((I know she hears a little selectively, but it works better for the *scared* angle. My apologies.))

@@Blitz Boom,@,  

Storm's left ear twitched violently, severely wanting to hug Brittle, but he held himself back since he knew it could do more harm than good. "A Changeling is a sort of... Half-insect Half-pony.... Or maybe it's more along the lines of an Pony-like Insect... Anyways, they are very skilled in transformations. Full changelings are part of the hive mind as established by the being known as Queen Chrysalis.... Changelings use the love of ponies as a food source, and unfortunately this fact, coupled with the way they gather it often makes them seem like evil or dark creatures." He explained, shifting into a sort of lecture mode.

"I don't know if changelings, especially ones connected to Chrysalis, are evil or just misunderstood... But many ponies fear them and have firmly thrown them into the evil category after the Changelings invaded Canterlot." Storm said, continuing to explain. "You seem to be one of the ponies they cocooned during the invasion... But you must have been released early, making you a half-changeling instead of a full one. The mane, ahem excuse the pun, indicator here is actually your tail and mane.... Full-blooded Changelings don't really have them... Another is the lack of control you seem to have over what you transform into..." Storm said, finishing his explanation.

"If you're having problems with you're transformations... I have met a Full-blooded Changeling that has broken off from the hive mind, and if you want I can see about asking him to help you control your transformations?" He asked kindly.

Edited by Storm Shine

@,

@

"S-so there's m-more? Other... M-monsters?"

"Monsters? Hardly my dear. Individuals can be monsters, but entire races? Why, even if mister Void had not lectured me on some working of the Changeling race, I would still believe that choices makes you a monster more than birth."

The voice behind Brittle made her jump, resulting in a partial transformation that took some elements of Storm Shine (The look of the wings, tail and eyes) and some of Midnight (Body, head shape and fangs) with a few colour scheme changes. She turned to see who it was that now meant she was being surrounded and then froze at the sight.

In front of her, having just stepped out from some nearby bushes, was a green and purple *pony* with closed eyes, a warm, inviting (and sharp toothed) smile and a cape on his back.

Briar had been wandering back to the stream after having been out on a little walk after the long night he had spent with the two fascinating ponies Void Crawler and Kelly. He had been in the mood for a quiet stroll before having some rest and as he got near, the wind blew with it an interesting conversation. He had just gotten there when the mention of Changelings as monsters had been made, albeit by somepony who sounded rather scared, and thought that after his experience with the peculiar Void he might be able to talk a few points in favour, even if he was not entirely certain what the conversation had been about at it's core.

Considering that the pony in front of him were apparently not moving currently, it would appear that he had perhaps not chosen the best of times to interfere.

"Ah, perhaps I have stepped out of line here. My apologies to everypony."

((Briar is still part of the evening run until the last few are written, but I need him here currently to avoid Brittle running off ((makes IC sense to me)) so please bear with me. Also, last post today, need sleep. See you tomorrow))

@@Blitz Boom,@,  

Storm shook off his shock at the sudden appearance of the newcomer and smiled. "I believe I saw you in town earlier today.. Briar Trapjaw I think. Nice to see you again.." He greeted, managing to keep himself from reverting to his over excitable welcome through sheer force of will, not wanting to startle Brittle. Turning towards Brittle once more, Storm started to speak. "Yes Mr. Trapjaw is completely correct Brittle. You are not a monster." He said, reassuring her. "You are actually quite a sweet little filly... No, the true monsters are whomever has told you that are a monster... Whomever they are, they are completely wrong." Storm told her.

Midnight simply watched Brittle and Strom's conversation. They seemed to be getting along rather well. She didn't want to interrupt. Suddenly, she heard a voice behind them. It startled her and because she was in the Everfree, she went with her gut reaction. The second she heard the mysterious voice, she whipped around and spread her wings hissing and bearing her fangs. She kept the pose not knowing whether this pony was good or not. Anything could happen in the Everfree . At that same moment, Ziggy flew up into the air above Midnight and hissed as well.

After Storm seemed to recognize the new pony, she realized a little, but still kept her wings out and a growling look on her face.

@@Blitz Boom

Book followed, looking around. When they got there he was surprised. He noticed the holes and guessed about how long they were there. "You test your explosions here to make sure they work?" Book asked and noticed there were no plants anywhere aroun here and guessed that it was because of her.

@@Harmony Cube,

"Uhuh. Have to test the real powerful stuff to see if it works like it should so that it doesn't hurt anypony, and this is the only place that won't get set on fire by a stray boom."

She might be a little enthusiastic and careless with a lot of the things she made, but this stuff wasn't just something that could hit you a little. It could make ponies into ash if it wasn't stable, and she couldn't have that. She didn't want to hurt anypony after all, just make explosives.

____________________________________________________________________________________

@,

@,

"Aah yes, the enthusiastic gentleman from earlier. Storm Shine, if I am not mistaken?"

It had been a pretty brief meeting earlier, but he could remember the voice still. It changed tones and were not as hyper as yesterday, but if you knew what to listen for it was clear who it belonged to. The different tone had likely something to do with the one she spoke to, Brittle. Perhaps she was scared?

The stallion seemed to have this under control though, so instead... The growling and hissing was likely something that he needed to address right away.

"As I don't know you, allow me to introduce myself. I am Briar Trapjaw, and you have no need to be on the defensive about me. I can assure you, I do not aim to harm anypony here. Why, I-"

"T-teeth. Sharp teeth. Vines. S-spikes..."

Briar was interrupted when the filly began to speak. It surprised him that she knew of the vines and the spikes though. His cape were after all secure on his back, she should not be able to see them. Unless perhaps he had met her before?

@@Blitz Boom

Storm nodded to Briar's question, before realizing that he probably would see it so he decided to verbally acknowledge the question. "Yes, that's me." Storm said. He listened as Briar went on to introduce himself before Brittle interrupted him. Storm heard her quiet words of "T-teeth. Sharp teeth. Vines. S-spikes..." and heard something in her tone... Something that suggested she might've known Briar from somewhere.

It didn't sound like she was scared of him or his features (Well, no more scared than she already seemed, that is), but more like some sort of list... Perhaps she was putting out a verbal checklist to see if this was somepony she had indeed met before?

Edited by Storm Shine

After the stranger introduced himself, Midnight folded in her wings and stood normally and Ziggy flew back down to Midnight's back. "Sorry Briar." she apologized obviously embarrassed. "I guess I'm just a little jumpy." she said with a small awkward laugh. "But you can't be too careful in the Everfree."

@@Blitz Boom

"You seem like a good kid. Especially making sure others won't get hurt by the explosive stuff you're making." Book congratulated, surprised a kid knew to be safe with highly explosive stuff. It also explained to him why there were no plants and why the holes were filled in.

(edited)

@@Harmony Cube,

"If ponies hear I hurt others they don't wanna come around or want any of the stuff I make. What fun is there in just making stuff for yourself? boooring."

Blitz giggled a little. It was mainly because she didn't want to hurt anypony that she tested her stuff (and because she liked the booms), but she were also very focused on being known as an inventor, not as a mad scientist. It was a distinct difference in her mind, as to her Inventor meant what she wanted: To be famous for being brilliant and useful, while the mad scientist were the exact opposite: infamous for being somepony to stay clear off, with even a simple spring being unwanted from them.

"Oh, almost forgot to ask. What is it that you can do? Are you a writer? Storyteller? Reporter? Magic scroll pony? Mailmare?"

She had seen the cutiemark on Book's flank and was curious. After all, they both knew what hers meant even without saying it, but Book's... There was sooo many things that involved books and pens that it could mean.

@.

"It is quite all right miss, it never hurts to be on your guard. It's a fair assumption to think I might be of some danger when walking in on you like that. I really do apologise for that, it was quite rude of me, and might make it seem as if I were trying to circle in on you. The fault lies solely with me."

It was a bad habit of his to sneak around like that unfortunately, but when you guided by sound you really had to minimise the amount you made yourself.

@.

In the meantime, Brittle had taken a few, small steps towards the talkative Briar in front of them, shaking with every step, but trying really hard to not panic and run off. She had been looking for him for some time after all, if she ran away now... What had been the point of it all? What did she have left then? Nothing...

Brittle stopped in her tracks, cleared her throat and opened her mouth to speak, but not a word came out. She had things she wanted to say, questions, but... There was just nothing.

Briar on the other hand, took notice of the approaching filly and turned his head towards her, giving her as inviting a smile as possible (which in his case meant mostly covering his teeth so it didn't look like he'd eat her).

"Ah yes, I had almost forgotten you miss Brittle. You seemed to know a few things, but I am afraid I can't place your voice. Would you be so kind as to perhaps tell me where we have met? It is okay if you cannot."

He still looked scary to Brittle, no matter how hard he tried not to, but the soothing voice helped a little on it. She gulped, closed her eyes and opened her mouth once more, trying to get something out this time.

"...C...Cage."

It was all she could muster before she went into protective mode once more and flapped her wings around her. They were not as good at covering as the dragon wings from before (even if they were holed) but it provided a tiny bit of comfort to her to retract into a shell like this, as minute as it was.

Briar on the other hand,froze as felt the smile on his face stiffen and wither away. This was not what he had expected.

((A tiny bit egocentric, I know, but needed to get this out of my head. Hopefully you can forgive me for this. :) ))

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom

Storm froze, hearing what Brittle had said. The word echoed in his thoughts as his smile fell from his face, the always smiling and happy face now turning blank and cold.  "...C...Cage." It continued to bounce around his head. Brittle, was once caged. The poor, sweet, nervous little filly in front of him, had been forced into a cage... "If I find the ones who did that...." Storm thought to himself trailing off at the end, his eyes both turning pure black for just a single second before reverting to their hetero-chromatic colors.

Midnight felt like the odd one out in the group. Everypony knew each other. She wasn't helping the situation with the strange little filly either. She really felt bad for her. Midnight knew what it was like to be made fun of for being different. She tried one more thing to maybe get the filly to at least open a little. She lied down to be on the Brittle's level, but still gave her space. "Ponies hurt me for being a monster too." she said softly.

@@Blitz Boom

"You have a point there." He said and looked around. Book raised an eyebrow and looked at her when she asked if he was a mailmare. "I'm a writer. I'll occasionally tell a story or two for foals around town. They're adorable but loud and annoying at times..." Book said and laughed a bit.

@@Harmony Cube,

"Hard t sit still and listening to stories sometimes. But good fun. Makes the brain wander to fun places. What kids of books do you write? Fiction? Adventure? Cookbooks? Sci-FI? Medical?"

Blitz liked books. They had a ton of things in them that could spark something just like that, and it were nice to read a little on rainy days when the brain needed some time off too. She especially liked sci-fi, as some of the things that somepony imagined could be in the future was the sort of thing that she really hoped could be made, and that she were one of the ponies who did it.

@,

@,

Brittle looked up at the bat pony that now talked to her.

"T-they did? But... W-why? You don't..."

She didn't say any more, but she really had wanted to say that she didn't think the bat pony looked like a monster. Scary for her, yes, but most ponies and creatures were. Midnight looked different, but she was nice, and she had pretty wings. That wasn't anything monster like to her.

Briar on the other hand kept quiet for a bit more, but eventually whipped out one of his vines from beneath the cape, leading the bud towards his mane and scratched through it, trying to figure out his mind now.

He had been sure that Brittle had gone home to her family after she was released, but from what he heard, and what he knew from Void, there was a chance that the girl didn't even have a family any more, and to boot she seemed rather clueless about even what she was. He might have lead her from danger, but... It would seem as if he lead her into a whole new danger by doing so: Equestria at large.

"This is quite the... Situation, here. But I suppose... You might have some questions. If not, I certainly would like to ask a few."

He directed his words towards Storm Shine. He seemed to be the one who knewt he most of these two about Brittle, and might know what she did here, but at the same time would likely also be the more curious one.

Dexterous Wings glided through the air around Ponyville. A few flaps here and there or the occasional turn in a thermal would keep him aloft as long as he pleased due to his rather sizeable wingspan that often drew odd looks from his schoolmates when he was back in Dodge Junction.

For now, he was far away with his saddlebags filled with his rescue spotting equipment and of course his old camera filled with many frames of aerial views of the cities he had passed and a few of hearth and home. The wind blew through his mane as he gently banked left and right taking in the new city he had been assigned to.

The air was fresh and sweet and skies were relatively empty compared to Manehatten and that was just fine with him.

"I could get used to this."