Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Shurima's Dark Secret.

Defender of Tomorrow

Sometime in the future, 2143 all of the planet's resources are being consumed at such a rapid rate it cannot be replenished quickly. Space travel has been around for quite some time, but no pony dared to leave the system. 2145 The Federation has sent the U.S.S Shurima into a deep-space expedition to search for resources and new elements to synthesize resources. One month later communcation goes dark with the shurima, a group of ponies are sent to investigate. While attempting to dock with the ship, some unexplained phenomena occurs causing them to crash into the ship triggering multiple security latches to be activated and robots to be deployed. (You can start off as a Investigator or "Survivor", both have heavily damaged suits and weapons. (If you chose a integrated beam, the second one is unavailable for now, if not then your weapon has reduced accuracy and can jam.))

(Investigators) Objective: Find out what happened to the inhabitants of the shurima.

(Survivors) Objective: Investigate the explosion that shook the entire ship. 

Suits Available: 

Varia Suit : Provides Protection from severe environmental effects, ??? (2-3 Potential Repairs/Enhancements)

EVO Suit : Enhanced Survivalability in combat, target lock-on, ???.  (1 Potential Repair)

Gravity Suit : Unaffected by areas without gravity. Easier to traverse in Liquids, ??? (2 Potential Repairs/Enhancements.)

Active Camouflage Suit: Grants the user to turn Invisible to an extent, the camo will have little disruptions, but is still hard to notice.

(If you have a suggestion don't be afraid to tell me)

Visors Available: Basic Included in every suit.

Echo Visor (damaged at the start, unusable)

X-Ray Visor ("    ")

Thermal Visor ("   ")

Weapons: (Can either be integrated within the suit or loosely worn)

(suits can only have 1 extra beam.)

Power Beam: Generally Weak Beam, every suit has it. Ability to be charged (medium rate)

Ice Beam: As it implies is a beam of Ice, can set enemies frozen. Ability to be charged (long rate)

Plasma Beam: Shoots plasma energies, can set enemies on fire and pierces armor, somewhat. Cannot be charged.

Enemies:

Corrupted Federation Ponies.

Automated HEAVY Robots

???

???

???

???

???
???

Additional Info: Only some areas can be opened by certain beams, and be traversed by certain suits. (I.E Doors with white shielding can only be opened by ICE beam, probably has extreme cold environment, if you enter these extreme environments for prolonged periods of time DEATH is very certain.)

— No god-modding (controlling other people's OCs without their consent) or being overpowered. If you believe a person is doing any one of those things, either post it here in the OOC or PM me.

— Do not attempt to bypass the word limit in the RP with "filler OOC". Not only is this against the RP rules, it is against the forum rules as well, simply for being spam. If I see this in the roleplay, I will at first give you a warning; after the second time, you will be permanently kicked from the roleplay.

— No Mary-Sue OCs...for obvious reasons. We would like to enjoy this RP to the greatest extent. Roleplaying isn't about winning or having the best crap, it's about creating an enjoyable story. 

— There is no limit to how much OCs you can have in the RP, and you can join any time you want in the RP (though it might be recommended to require help from someone else to summarize what happened previously).

— Don't intend to sign up if you can't be consistently active. Try to PM or post in the OOC when you are going to be inactive. 

— Attempt to write quality posts with effort, please. While I can accept the occasional typo, it gets really difficult to read when your sentences are assassins of grammar and spelling.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I got a notification for this thread, so I'm not sure anyone else did either.

As for grammer, I know that feeling, it bugs me when I have to try to decypher what someone is trying to say. 

Edited by Fire Lily

I think it sounds pretty cool, So feel free to count me in if we can get some more people. Try highlighting the person's text and click mention, that should fix the notification problem. I do have multiple OC's I can use, I just prefer not to write both at the same time, makes fewer walls of text and my headcanon is they've never met. 

It doesn't really matter which side I start out on, I can work with either. As for gear I'd start with a Varia suit with a worn weapon, do we pick the rest of the gear or is it found as we go along?

Echo Visor allows you to use sound to map out the area and identify if any enemies are in there, if they are moving of course.

The Beam, however is integrated into the suit and think of the different beams as "modes" or "upgrades" to the normal beam. So once you repair/find the ice beam, the beam will no longer fire power but ice, unless switched back to power. 

Yes it's with ponies. The story line is split. For the investigators their purpose is to investigate what happened to the deep-space expedition and neutralize any threats, while the survivors of the ship are just trying to get off. Of course, what actually transpires is up to the role players, they dont have to follow these guidlines, in fact some of them can have their own reasons why they wanted to come to the ship.

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow

• 2 months later...

The fact that nobody noticed how closely related to "Metroid" this is.

You're not the only one; though the similarities are interesting enough to attract my attention.

Not going to lie though, I saw USS Shurima and instantly thought of the USG Ishimura from Dead Space.

I'd be interested in joining if you're still looking for players; would need to make a character though.